This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - - Part 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
At least they gave a different use to his webs, unlike Raimi where it was all swinging and swinging.

Yeah, like that great swinging scene where he webs Jameson's mouth shut, or that other great swinging scene where he webs up the Goblin in an actual spiders web, or that other other great swinging scene where he uses his webs to stop a speeding train.

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - - - Part 25

Or that other great swinging scene where he created a very cool way to get to the bridge in Spider-Man.

Or the great swinging scene where he stopped the train using his webbing.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
JOE

Or the swinging scene where he webs the pumpkin bomb and throws it back at Harry?

Or the swinging scene where shoots web balls at Doc Ock's face while falling from the clock tower?

Or the swinging scene where his web sticks to his lunch tray and he accidentally throws it on Flash's neck?

Or the swinging scene where he webs up his entire room and breaks his lamp?

Or the swinging scene where he slings himself from one building to another out of a broken window straight at Doc Ock?

Or the swinging scene where he clothes lines Harry in the alley?

All GREAT swinging scenes, too bad he never used his webs for other purposes.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

It was definitely more than just "swinging and swinging" in the Raimi films. These guys over here proved that. But I think that in TASM, he incorporated his webbing more as a way to fight the villain, and even dodge him. He felt more... spider like? I don't know if that sounds right, but you know what I mean.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
It was definitely more than just "swinging and swinging" in the Raimi films. These guys over here proved that. But I think that in TASM, he incorporated his webbing more as a way to fight the villain, and even dodge him. He felt more... spider like? I don't know if that sounds right, but you know what I mean.
Like when he webbed up the Lizard by crawling up and around him, that was incredibly spider-like.

I know what you mean though, he definitely was more spider-like, but it's not to say Raimi didn't utilize his webs for anything besides swinging. I'd say Webb was more creative with the web aspect... Bazinga!

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 02-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Like when he webbed up the Lizard by crawling up and around him, that was incredibly spider-like.

I know what you mean though, he definitely was more spider-like, but it's not to say Raimi didn't utilize his webs for anything besides swinging. I'd say Webb was more creative with the web aspect... Bazinga!
You just hit the nail on the head.

Raimi did some fun stuff with the webbing too, but it was never explored all that much. I remember a lot of the cool things were shown in the older video games (web dome, shooting web bullets/balls, etc.).

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #9
JOE

Quote:
You just hit the nail on the head.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 02-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Does anyone think that Oscorp will attempt to take credit for the antidote to the biotoxin that was released?

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

You guys are correct. They specifically said they were trying to make him more spider like in the film, from the way he moved and crawled to how he used his webs. It's funny that after he was bitten he started hanging out in high places (roof of his house, on the wall in his room). One of those subtle things the film did better than the Raimi trilogy.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #12
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
You guys are correct. They specifically said they were trying to make him more spider like in the film, from the way he moved and crawled to how he used his webs. It's funny that after he was bitten he started hanging out in high places (roof of his house, on the wall in his room). One of those subtle things the film did better than the Raimi trilogy.
IMO, the high school fight was choreographed with excellence. The way Spidey moved throughout that entire scene was perfect.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
Nathan

Well, some of the game stuff is a bit silly. Like I never expect to see the web dome in movies, and Raimi actually used the web bullets in SM2. Although that must have been painful to push them out his wrists, because he had organics.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #14
Anno_Domini
Banned User

They were both creative, but Webb was just more creative when making his Spider-Man use his webbing in more spidery ways. The only three instances I can think of with Raimi's trilogy as in the webbing being used in spidery ways when Spider-Man created that "shield" between him and Green Goblin that looked like a spider web before Goblin tore it down, when he made that huge spider web to place MJ on after taking down Doc Ock, and then in Spider-Man 3 when he made that huge spider web between the two trees while he and MJ were looking up at the stars.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #15
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Doesn't it look like Garfield has put on weight here?

Maybe trying to fill out the suit more?

Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #16
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:

Yeah I think to gain a tad more mass. That's my guess. He's been at the gym recently right? So he's probably building muscle.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #17
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:

Yeah definitely. He's put on a lot of mass in his arms and legs.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #18
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old pic with Andrew wearing the same pants.

Yeah he definitely put on some mass. Can't wait to see him in the new suit.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #19
MegaPrime1007
Banned User

Quote:
Old pic with Andrew wearing the same pants.

Yeah he definitely put on some mass. Can't wait to see him in the new suit.
Hey I have a similar jacket like Garfield's! Awesome!

MegaPrime1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #20
Spideyman123
Side-Kick

Recent picture?

He got a new hairsyle

Spideyman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #21
Mr. Dent
Banned User

It's from a month ago.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

you only need to watch evil dead 2 to understand how talented raimi is at framing and shooting action sequences.

i'm sorry but the way raimi moved the camera in his spider-man movies was more enthralling than webb. webb was/is new to action movies, he did an okay job, but far out guys, he did not conceptualize and realize the action sequences with as much bravado and confidence as raimi.

also, when u can render an entire action sequence in a computer, like the school corridor, you can put the camera where ever you like. hardly demands much creativity when you can watch the sequence from every possible angle and decide what looks good.

i agree with the previous poster about spider-man action being best when utilising motion.

gah, compare the crane sequence to the part in spider-man 2 when he gets knocked off the tracks and slides along the road before swinging back up. now that is how spider-man action should be.

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:37 AM   #23
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
you only need to watch evil dead 2 to understand how talented raimi is at framing and shooting action sequences.

i'm sorry but the way raimi moved the camera in his spider-man movies was more enthralling than webb. webb was/is new to action movies, he did an okay job, but far out guys, he did not conceptualize and realize the action sequences with as much bravado and confidence as raimi.

also, when u can render an entire action sequence in a computer, like the school corridor, you can put the camera where ever you like. hardly demands much creativity when you can watch the sequence from every possible angle and decide what looks good.

i agree with the previous poster about spider-man action being best when utilising motion.

gah, compare the crane sequence to the part in spider-man 2 when he gets knocked off the tracks and slides along the road before swinging back up. now that is how spider-man action should be.
While I enjoy ASM alot more than Raimi's films, I do agree with this.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #24
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:

I certainly think that Raimi is better than Webb at action sequences and ED2 is a great example.

However, we really haven't seen a major action set piece in an outdoor environment from Webb. There is a learning process in just about everything so we'll have to wait and see how Webb picks up and gets more educated for action scenes.

There's no denying though the clock tower/train sequence will be very difficult to top...it can be done but it'll take some serious effort.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #25
Rise_-
Side-Kick

Quote:

also, when u can render an entire action sequence in a computer, like the school corridor, you can put the camera where ever you like. hardly demands much creativity when you can watch the sequence from every possible angle and decide what looks good

Don't see your point here. You still need the vision to know what will look right and what won't when you're constructing the scene, even if it's in a computer.

Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote