The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 02-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Default Planet Hulk in Phase 3?

Latino Review, who are super reliable when it comes to this stuff, believe that sometime in Phase 3 a Planet Hulk film will be made.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/02/04/new-hulk-movie/

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: Planet Hulk in Phase 3?

People are taking the news too literally. Phase 3/A3 is not going to revolve around the Hulk.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #3
Marvel
Side-Kick

There is no way this is happening. It's too out there and too much of the "John Carter" vibe. Plus, Hulk and his Warbound VS the heroes in Avengers 3 would give the audience no one to root for and side with. It worked nicely in print but is a bad idea for film, period.

Expect Ultron in Avengers 3 and this rumor to be a mocked memory down the line for us all.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
Edguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
There is no way this is happening. It's too out there and too much of the "John Carter" vibe. Plus, Hulk and his Warbound VS the heroes in Avengers 3 would give the audience no one to root for and side with. It worked nicely in print but is a bad idea for film, period.
Exactly. I can't believe all the people who honestly believe Planet Hulk/World War Hulk are good ideas for live action films.

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #5
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
People are taking the news too literally. Phase 3/A3 is not going to revolve around the Hulk.
His Avengers 3 theories seem like a bit of a stretch but it seems believable that if they were ever wanting to do another hulk stand alone this would be the direction to go in.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #6
Mr. Dent
Banned User

How is this too out there? Feige has said himself he can see PH and WWH being adapted and they wanted to take advantage of the Hulk's popularity after The Avengers. I'm surprised at how many people are somehow shocked and perturbed by this.

And as a main focus of the film you'd be right, it wouldn't give the audience anyone to root for. But as just an element of the film that ends in the Hulk rejoining the Avengers and helping them take down the real enemy? It works perfectly.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #7
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
How is this too out there? Feige has said himself he can see PH and WWH being adapted and they wanted to take advantage of the Hulk's popularity after The Avengers. I'm surprised at how many people are somehow shocked and perturbed by this.

And as a main focus of the film you'd be right, it wouldn't give the audience anyone to root for. But as just an element of the film that ends in the Hulk rejoining the Avengers and helping them take down the real enemy? It works perfectly.
Agreed. I can see it happening.

Kryptonian Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

he didn't say that at all.

He was asked if the hulk can hold a movie. He said he certainly believes he can, but wont be attempted until after avengers 2. He then goes on to simply say, Planet Hulk is a cool story, as is World War Hulk.

however, I can see a planet hulk story being involved in a much bigger plot. Maybe Ultron shows up, manipulates a lot of stuff, and somehow gets the world to turn on hulk, which results in him being exiled. ultron takes over the world. Thor returns to earth, as does hulk, and the all stop ultron.

planet hulk can work. thats all good. But working planet hulk AND WWH into a bigger threat? I just don't think they can incorperate thr wwh side of it, when there is a bigger threat going on.

even with this working, I am still taking it with a grain of salt

Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #9
Robin91939
Master Tim

I posted this in another thread... I'm just going to throw it in here as well:

I don't believe this guy.

In 2009, I worked for Marvel in the Editorial department in New York City.

Yes, some people from the Film Studio come into the office... But it's mostly to meet important editors (like Wacker, Brevoort, Rosemann, or Axel at the time), glad-hand, take a tour or pick up research. I met Justin Theroux and Scarlett Johansson during the time leading up to Iron Man 2. However, there are very little if any production materials for the films in those offices. That's just a fact.

So knowing that... I find it very hard to believe that this cat found a detailed outline of Avengers 2, Incredible Hulk 2 and Avengers 3... Like he's claiming to know what act of the films certain things happen... This is the COMIC BOOK production office... Not the film studio in Manhattan Beach, CA. This is highly suspect. The New York Office has a Legal, Marketing, Editorial, Publishing, Merchandise and Sales department... All solely related to the COMICS, not the FILMS.

There are some moquettes and movie theater standees and things like that around the office, but at the time I worked there, these were only of films ALREADY released (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk) and not of films in production.

PLUS, when you sign to work for Marvel, you sign a non-disclosure agreement. And they were very good with security in the building. (NOTE: When I worked there it was located in the old office on 5th Avenue). But I'd imagine the security is the same. This guy, couldn't just walk in and snoop around. You need to be buzzed in, get a guest pass and you have a chaperone with you when you tour the office. If there is something they don't want you to see (ie. their plans for Phase 2 &3) you are not going to see it.

If he said that he knew what was happening in the comics 6-7-8 months from now... I'd believe him. That **** is pinned up all over the walls... But MOVIE news? At the Marvel Offices in New York City.... No. Just not true.

-R

Old 03-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
I posted this in another thread... I'm just going to throw it in here as well:

I don't believe this guy.

In 2009, I worked for Marvel in the Editorial department in New York City.

Yes, some people from the Film Studio come into the office... But it's mostly to meet important editors (like Wacker, Brevoort, Rosemann, or Axel at the time), glad-hand, take a tour or pick up research. I met Justin Theroux and Scarlett Johansson during the time leading up to Iron Man 2. However, there are very little if any production materials for the films in those offices. That's just a fact.

So knowing that... I find it very hard to believe that this cat found a detailed outline of Avengers 2, Incredible Hulk 2 and Avengers 3... Like he's claiming to know what act of the films certain things happen... This is the COMIC BOOK production office... Not the film studio in Manhattan Beach, CA. This is highly suspect. The New York Office has a Legal, Marketing, Editorial, Publishing, Merchandise and Sales department... All solely related to the COMICS, not the FILMS.

There are some moquettes and movie theater standees and things like that around the office, but at the time I worked there, these were only of films ALREADY released (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk) and not of films in production.

PLUS, when you sign to work for Marvel, you sign a non-disclosure agreement. And they were very good with security in the building. (NOTE: When I worked there it was located in the old office on 5th Avenue). But I'd imagine the security is the same. This guy, couldn't just walk in and snoop around. You need to be buzzed in, get a guest pass and you have a chaperone with you when you tour the office. If there is something they don't want you to see (ie. their plans for Phase 2 &3) you are not going to see it.

If he said that he knew what was happening in the comics 6-7-8 months from now... I'd believe him. That **** is pinned up all over the walls... But MOVIE news? At the Marvel Offices in New York City.... No. Just not true.

-R
^

Why did no one trust or believe me a month ago?

-R

Old 03-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
^

Why did no one trust or believe me a month ago?

-R
I actually think a majority of the folks who read your post believed you.

Speaking for myself, your post was the primary reason why I believed the PH/WWH scoop to be (in all probability) BS.

That, and I couldn't believe that this was an alleged 'journalist' acting like a third tier WWF jobber. Yuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85
All of those exclusives were reported by Da7e at LR, who has proven himself quite consistently to be a reputable source. El Mayimbe, less so. But I think it's silly to write off the whole site's credibility - when they've continually provided more accurate Marvel scoops than anyone - because one obnoxious guy there has a hit-and-miss track record.
I, personally, think it IS fair to write off LR. The fact that El Mayimbe continues to write on LR is implicit acceptance of his behavior. LR, after all, is a news site (with what I'm assuming is a very lax editorial process) and not a fan site.

Last edited by fixxxer; 03-11-2013 at 03:04 AM.
fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #12
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
Thanks for all of that - I actually didn't know about this stuff!
No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
I, personally, think it IS fair to write off LR. The fact that El Mayimbe continues to write on LR is implicit acceptance of his behavior. LR, after all, is not a news site (with what I'm assuming is a very lax editorial process) and not a fan site.
I didn't say it wasn't fair, I said I thought it was silly. Pretty much everything Da7e has reported has come true. That truth isn't undone because of anything El Mayimbe's said. You're welcome to write the whole lot of them off of course, but I personally choose to believe the scoops from the scoopers who prove themselves, and Da7e at LR has done that constantly over the years.

LR isn't one of the trades, so they shouldn't be compared to them. They are comparable to AICN, Slashfilm, Collider, etc. And they've gotten more legitimate scoops on these films over the last few years than all of those sites combined. So as I said, I simply find the notion of completely writing them off because of one bad egg to be silly, when they are otherwise continuing to deliver perfectly solid intel. But of course that's up to each reader to make up his or her own mind about.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 03-09-2013 at 12:51 AM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:14 AM   #13
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I didn't say it wasn't fair, I said I thought it was silly. Pretty much everything Da7e has reported has come true. That truth isn't undone because of anything El Mayimbe's said. You're welcome to write the whole lot of them off of course, but I personally choose to believe the scoops from the scoopers who prove themselves, and Da7e at LR has done that constantly over the years.

LR isn't one of the trades, so they shouldn't be compared to them. They are comparable to AICN, Slashfilm, Collider, etc. And they've gotten more legitimate scoops on these films over the last few years than all of those sites combined. So as I said, I simply find the notion of completely writing them off because of one bad egg to be silly, when they are otherwise continuing to deliver perfectly solid intel. But of course that's up to each reader to make up his or her own mind about.
Agreed, to an extent. Da7e and most of the LR staff has done (and continues to do) some good work but the site must bear some level of accountability for El Mayimbe's behavior.

I'm not even overly concerned that his scoops didn't/don't pan out to be true. Well, if he simply pulled stuff out of his ass, well, that's another story, but I digress...

I'm not at all averse to specualtion and editorializing... even from journalists/reporters, especially considering the fact that entertainment news, by definition, is entertainment. 'Tis fun.

My primary objection/problem is that they continue to provide a platform for him to showcase his absurd and bizarre antics.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #14
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Did he ever claim his source was actally anything he saw on walls or whatever? I think he was just outside marvel studios as a fitting backdrop.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:56 AM   #15
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
Did he ever claim his source was actally anything he saw on walls or whatever? I think he was just outside marvel studios as a fitting backdrop.
He said that his search led him to the Marvel offices in New York. My point is just that there is NOTHING about film production in those offices. The people in there, unless you are Axel or Quesada know very little if anything about the film side of things...

-R

Old 02-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #16
Tony007
Side-Kick

This is the first thing that came to my mind...

Tony007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #17
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/09/21...e-kevin-feige/

Feige addresses new Hulk movie, Planet Hulk, and World War Hulk last September.

Latino Review trolled all of you.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:16 AM   #18
Mr. Dent
Banned User

nvm .

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 02-04-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 AM   #19
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/09/21...e-kevin-feige/

Feige addresses new Hulk movie, Planet Hulk, and World War Hulk last September.

Latino Review trolled all of you.
Yeah, but it wasn't like he confirmed. "Yes yes, those are good stories."

Quote:
He said that his search led him to the Marvel offices in New York. My point is just that there is NOTHING about film production in those offices. The people in there, unless you are Axel or Quesada know very little if anything about the film side of things...

-R
El Mayimbe probably knows that. He was joking around/rubbing salt in Marvel's wounds by filming the big scoop video in front of their building.

Last edited by Randal Graves; 02-04-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Randal Graves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:24 AM   #20
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Soooo, according to el mayimbe, Iron Man gets sent into space at the end of Iron Man 3, only to turn up at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy. He got that "scoop" about Iron Man going into space from the image of a toy featuring Deep Space armor. And Hulk also gets shot into space at the end of TA2, only to turn up again in TA3. Hulk gets exiled by the Illuminati, of which Iron Man is a member. Which means that Marvel will jettison two of the most popular characters from its $1.5 billion blockbuster into space willy-nilly.

O-kay.

I was all for the Iron Man in Space scoop because I had speculated about it before LR posted its scoop based on events in IM #55, the first appearance of Thanos & Drax and the toy armor. With this latest rumor I'm beginning to think that LR's space scoops are full of ****. Doing it once would be fresh and exciting. Do it twice in a row and it becomes annoyingly stale. It's hard to buy Marvel being repetitive like that.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #21
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Graves View Post
Yeah, but it wasn't like he confirmed. "Yes yes, those are good stories."

El Mayimbe probably knows that. He was joking around/rubbing salt in Marvel's wounds by filming the big scoop video in front of their building.
Latino Review didn't exactly confirm anything. All this is just rumors and hearsay at this point according to his "source."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #22
eddy
Side-Kick

When Hulk returns to earth he will yell out HULK DID NOT CAUSE THIS, BUT HULK WILL END IT.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #23
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Latino Review is the National Enquirer and SUN of Movie sites.

They need a picture of BatBoy on their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #24
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

I love the Planet Hulk story line, but I think it is too early to be introducing this story into their connected movie universe. Hulk (unlike Thor or Guardians of the Galaxy) is more of a earth bound hero (like Spiderman), and while their may be adventures that take him outside the earth I think it is important to establish him more as a hero of earth before launching him into space. So, I say yes please to the Planet Hulk story line, but hoping it will be after they have developed more with him on Earth. I also agree that it would work better if a Villian is responsible for him being sent to another planet. Perhaps if the Avengers are all battling Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 3 (not 2 as I think it would be too early) he could teleport Hulk to the battle world, and leave the Hulk stranded. Then perhaps he comes to blame the Avengers for not coming to get him and feels like they didn't search for him (even if they did it's about perception) which could lead to an eventual World War Hulk movie. But agree with some people that have said he really should remain the hero at least for a while longer. Also, keep in mind Marvel's plans are not to stop these movies with your simple stereotypical trilogys. They see their shared universe as being similar to James Bond in that it will just keep going. So, with that said they shouldn't rush into using this story in their MCU as they have more then 3 stories in which to introduce it. They should wait until the time feels right instead of trying to shoehorn it in there just because it's a popular story. If anything that could backfire badly if the stories do not feel like a natural progression.

Well that is how I see it anyways.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #25
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Here's why I believe this rumor to be some major BS:

1. Mark Ruffalo- He sold the character in a big way, not to mention that he was the number one choice for Bruce by Joss Whedon. A hulk movie is nothing without a good Banner, and this would be two straight films with no Banner whatsoever.

2. Cost- It would also be 2 straight movies of almost all CGI. The only human characters would be in Planet Hulk for all of 5 minutes, and then would be getting their asses kicked throughout WWH. The costs were prohibitive enough on Avengers, I could only imagine what it would be to have Hulk on screen non-stop. And being a solo flick, it probably won't make Avengers money to recoup those costs.

3.Variety- One of Marvel and Feige's big things has been the variety of their films keeping things fresh. But with Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor:TDW both set to explore other worlds, where would be the variety in sending Hulk to another planet to pull a John Carter? Guardians have that territory pretty in hand, and it seems like the films would end up pretty visually similar.

4. Latino Review- First Stark getting sent to space, now Hulk. Seems like they're not even trying with these rumors anymore. They got scooped on Phase 2 after saying Black Panther would be the next Marvel film, so now they all pissy.

Maybe it is right, but at least that's why I hope these rumors to be wrong...

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote