Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Old 02-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
Binker
Side-Kick

Default SIDESTORY - Valkyrie

Quote:
UPDATED 11/28/12:
Quote:
KryptonSite can reveal that the second "parallel story" to go online on "skip weeks" for the ongoing stories is called "Valkyrie." No further details although it is said to be a big "girl power" story. (And no, Valkyrie of the Defenders and Secret Avengers is not a part of it - she's a Marvel character).
Source: http://www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
LJ-90

Default Re: SIDESTORY - Valkyrie

I'm actually really excited about this episode, BQM said in an interview that he wanted to do a "female justice league" episode, something they wanted to do in the show but never could because they couldn't lock all the actresses, and he wanted to do a very Lois-centered episode, so this sounds like he plans to combine both. Could be fun, and considering how Lois is being sidelined in other comics, giving her a episode where she can shine, should be awesome (besides, could help in sales when it goes to print, Lois has a lot of fans)

LJ-90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
I never get tired of looking at your avvy Binker.
Nice One .

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

the lois-league episode? meh...

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Lois and Supergirl go back in time to kill Bryan Singer before he can make Superman Returns?

Old 03-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
Johnny
Side-Kick

Hulk smash!

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I was so looking forward to this until the reveal of who Lois was teaming-up...Although I think Byran can make this better than I can imagine so let's see how it unfolds.

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 03-28-2013 at 01:30 PM.
The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
Johnny
Side-Kick

That was expected sooner or later. Better to have her back and give her a proper send off then remain one of the disappointing aspects of Smallville that left sour tastes in people's mouths. For what is worth, Lana was the main love interest for the better part of the show's tenure, so she deserves a better ending than what she got.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #9
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
For what is worth, Lana was the main love interest for the better part of the show's tenure, so she deserves a better ending than what she got.
...better...part...? Well, that depends on what you mean: I didn't have a problem with her with the first seasons, but afterwards I did hate how the character was treated, and wished she would go away. We all know the problems, so there is no need to repeat them all again, but I will say this: why did they overuse the romance between Lana and Clark WHEN WE AND THE WHOLE WORLD KNEW that it is Lois and Clark, was always going to be Lois and Clark, and no matter how many times Lana and Clark got together again, went to bed, broke up and repeat, it was never going to be any different?!

As for her getting a proper send off; because this is Smallville Lana, and not...Lana, I'm either kinda biased or on the fence. Because of how dumb they took the character til the end, how she left in Requiem is just proof of how the show handled her: the fact that she was a poison to Clark, and his character development, they couldn't properly have her go, they had to literally make her poison to Clark by having her become kryptonite to keep her away from Clark, so the repeated pauses of his development wouldn't happen again. Ironic. Plus, if she and Clark see each other again in Valkyrie (even though its a sidestory), what does that say about those characters when you look at where they are versus where they were and why? It just makes the characters worse, by saying that when you put them together, they're just...stupid, unless they're apart, then they're fine and smarter in their actions; no other way to say that. The only hope we have is BQM: he hasn't written anything yet on this series thats bad, so the story he has might be better than what we're thinking, and he might be able to pull off a sendoff for Lana that might be pefect (unless it's not a sendoff at all).

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

full cover art

Lois Lane & Ms Lang Team up

Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
Johnny
Side-Kick

"Better" not as in if the show was "better", but as in longer. I should've typed longer to not get any confusion. And don't you think I defended Lana's relationship with Clark. I hated that for the most part too.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #12
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Good issue, loved seeing Perry White. Lois was spot on in this issue, Lois wearing the signal watch which ends up getting destroyed lol.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #13
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Good issue, loved seeing Perry White. Lois was spot on in this issue, Lois wearing the signal watch which ends up getting destroyed lol.
You covered it this was a surprising great episode. BQM really got a great handle on Lois. I can't wait for "Argo" though.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #14
Andreth
Side-Kick

This comic is really worth your money, I'm loving what BQM does with Lois, and I hope he makes me like Lana in this for a change. I really couldn't stand her on the show anymore, it became a torture.

But I've been loving what I've read so far, girl power!

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #15
Johnny
Side-Kick

And the art is gorgeous.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #16
Iron Legion_042
Side-Kick

So glad Lana's back ! And she's doing a great thing in Africa with the children. She was always bad-ass

Iron Legion_042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #17
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Well this is interesting Metallo returns and is tasked with dealing with "The Angel of the Plateau. He has a new heart that absorbs kryptonite courtesy of Toyman. (How convent) I knew it . And low and bellow lana's nano kryptonite is now infused into his system causing him to morph his body into any mechanical parts that can become weaponry.

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 05-11-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #18
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

lol I love Lois "Avenge my Boobs"