Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
No different than Extremis soldiers breathing fire.
There's a pretty detailed bio explanation for that..lol or movie science as i like to call it. Its just the idea of rings from dragon alien ships that seems overtly silly, even for a movie like this. But thats just me.

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.[X-Men:DOFP[/B] 5.Spiderman 2 6. X2: X Men United. 7. Iron Man 8. Batman Begins. 9. X-Men: First Class 10. Captain America: The First Avenger
Old 04-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
There's a pretty detailed bio explanation for that..lol or movie science as i like to call it. Its just the idea of rings from dragon alien ships that seems overtly silly, even for a movie like this. But thats just me.
I understand. They don't have to be alien, though. A scientific explanation could be given to why the rings can create fire and ice. As well as the other things they can do. Not like it matters now, but yeah.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Like Alien whales flying around NYC along side the Chitauri?

I see no problem of using an alien source since the MCU has already established the reality of alien worlds.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

One thing I wanted some to think about, is I keep seeing this "Mandarin fan club" comment over and over again, as if you need to be a super mandarin fan to not want his character changed. I would say that some people who are Iron Man fans in general would not want the Mandarin's character changed, not because they are necessarily fans of the Mandarin, but because they are fans of Iron Man, and they realize how much of an effect he has had on Iron man's life and development in the comic world. I'm a moderate Ironman fan, I dropped off when they made him a drunk. I am a huge Cap fan though, and I think if they changed the entire character of Skull, or Zemo, or Strucker, or Cross Bones, or any other villian, to a non powered character and just a facade, then I probably will not be happy with that change, even if it fits well with the story. Even as a moderate fan, I'm not happy with the change. From what I've read from comic fan's who seen it already, is that the Mandarin being a silly drunk appears to be just a trick, because the real mandarin is just that good.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
One thing I wanted some to think about, is I keep seeing this "Mandarin fan club" comment over and over again, as if you need to be a super mandarin fan to not want his character changed. I would say that some people who are Iron Man fans in general would not want the Mandarin's character changed, not because they are necessarily fans of the Mandarin, but because they are fans of Iron Man, and they realize how much of an effect he has had on Iron man's life and development in the comic world. I'm a moderate Ironman fan, I dropped off when they made him a drunk. I am a huge Cap fan though, and I think if they changed the entire character of Skull, or Zemo, or Strucker, or Cross Bones, or any other villian, to a non powered character and just a facade,
neither zemo or cross bones have powers.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #8
Spideysays
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
one thing i wanted some to think about, is i keep seeing this "mandarin fan club" comment over and over again, as if you need to be a super mandarin fan to not want his character changed. I would say that some people who are iron man fans in general would not want the mandarin's character changed, not because they are necessarily fans of the mandarin, but because they are fans of iron man, and they realize how much of an effect he has had on iron man's life and development in the comic world. I'm a moderate ironman fan, i dropped off when they made him a drunk. I am a huge cap fan though, and i think if they changed the entire character of skull, or zemo, or strucker, or cross bones, or any other villian, to a non powered character and just a facade, then i probably will not be happy with that change, even if it fits well with the story. Even as a moderate fan, i'm not happy with the change. From what i've read from comic fan's who seen it already, is that the mandarin being a silly drunk appears to be just a trick, because the real mandarin is just that good.

thank you. Just thank you!!!

Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #9
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Yeah, I don't get the alien hate. It's true that they're used too often to introduce tech, but it's also true that there's better than even odds we have other life in the universe. Might as well write about it.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #10
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Not that it matters, but I think MCU Stark's age is 44. Anyone know for sure?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #11
Trimmings
Side-Kick

I like everything I've seen about him so far, but I do agree that a Mandarin with the rings would be cooler as long as they executed it well. It would just be a lot harder to execute well. Do we know if all the extremis soldiers have the same powers? If not, they could be a cool twist on his rings. Each soldier having one of the powers and basically being his tool.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #12
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

can't people wait to watch the actual movie to judge the whole Mandarin situation? You may not like the idea right now but once you see the film maybe it's executed so flawlessly and works so well that you turn out loving what they did with the Mandarin persona. And if you still feel bitter after watching then please be my guest about voicing your opinion of disdain here.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #13
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
can't people wait to watch the actual movie to judge the whole Mandarin situation? You may not like the idea right now but once you see the film maybe it's executed so flawlessly and works so well that you turn out loving what they did with the Mandarin persona. And if you still feel bitter after watching then please be my guest about voicing your opinion of disdain here.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #14
Trimmings
Side-Kick

Quote:
I know I'm jumping into this quite late, but I think you're not quite understanding the disappointment. I'm sure I'm going to love the Mandarin, and I'm sure he'll work on in the context in the movie. However, this is the only interpretation of him we're going to get on film for a LONG time. No matter how much I love this version, I'll always wish I could see Iron Man fight Mandarin + rings on film.

Just because it works in the movie doesn't mean I wouldn't rather see a take closer to the comics.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #15
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Don't expect any good to come out of what you're asking.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #16
Katara Rises
Side-Kick

Quote:
Listen buddy, this is an internet forum. Our only purpose is to discuss our feelings, thoughts and opinions on everything. That includes, yes, judging something based on the information we've heard.

If it turns out to be good? Hooray then!

Until then? Why can't we express how we think it's a crap idea or not? IMO, the twist is absolutely lame.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #17
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katara Rises View Post
Listen buddy, this is an internet forum. Our only purpose is to discuss our feelings, thoughts and opinions on everything. That includes, yes, judging something based on the information we've heard.

If it turns out to be good? Hooray then!

Until then? Why can't we express how we think it's a crap idea or not? IMO, the twist is absolutely lame.

Welcome to the Hype. I couldn't agree more.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #18
Joss Whedon
Side-Kick

Would someone like to PM me a description of the post credit scene from IM3? It's been taken down everywhere. Please.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #19
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I find it strange that more people are upset by the twist, but I rarely hear anything about Tony essentially giving up Iron Man and having the ARC reactor removed because that could directly effect future Marvel films.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #20
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I find it strange that more people are upset by the twist, but I rarely hear anything about Tony essentially giving up Iron Man and having the ARC reactor removed because that could directly effect future Marvel films.
Honestly, I fully expect Stark back for TA2. But I didn't know that he gave up being Iron Man by the end of this movie. Could you elaborate on that, please?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #21
Victarion
Cut

Quote:

If it serves Tony's development, I'm fine. Besides, it would give
another Avenger the chance to step into the lead spot.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #22
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
I think it's great story wise but I can't imagine them doing Avengers 2 without Iron Man.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #23
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I think it's great story wise but I can't imagine them doing Avengers 2 without Iron Man.
They won't.
Doubt we need to spoiler tag this particular discussion, since it's gone back into the realm of speculation and doesn't really "spoil" anything, and refers to TA2 instead of IM3; but Gwyneth Paltrow stated flatly in an interview yesterday that Marvel and RDJ are already negotiating for TA2 and IM4.

IM is the golden goose, and the flagship of the studio. There is literally no way in hell they're going to kill off or nerf their golden ticket. Worst case scenario, he gets recast, and I'm sure the *****-wagon will catch fire like never before; but Iron Man is their goto guy, and RDJ isn't about to walk away from his gravy train.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-24-2013, 02:14 AM   #24
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
They won't.
Doubt we need to spoiler tag this particular discussion, since it's gone back into the realm of speculation and doesn't really "spoil" anything, and refers to TA2 instead of IM3; but Gwyneth Paltrow stated flatly in an interview yesterday that Marvel and RDJ are already negotiating for TA2 and IM4.

IM is the golden goose, and the flagship of the studio. There is literally no way in hell they're going to kill off or nerf their golden ticket. Worst case scenario, he gets recast, and I'm sure the *****-wagon will catch fire like never before; but Iron Man is their goto guy, and RDJ isn't about to walk away from his gravy train.
Recasting could go badly but Avengers 2 is a lock and I have zero doubt that they'll throw enough money his way to bring him back for #4, especially if #3 hits big and I believe it will. Mostly it relies on RDJ and his enthusiasm for playing the same guy again and again.

Eventually, tho, you won't have Downey and at that point I think they'll either give the character a rest for a few years, or recast and risk a bomb.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-24-2013, 01:49 AM   #25
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
I feel like they up Captain Rogers to lead the team in the battle of new york, but i completly agree with you, I think now that other character will be better established by Avengers 2 , that the sequel will feature and put more spot light on the other memebers of the team, I think it would shock the world if Iron-Man didnt return in the next Avengers movies but i think he wont be as featured as he was in th first one. ..I did hear somewhere on here from someone overseass that the ending credits did mention Iron Man would return in the Avengers.

and on an honest note

RDJ and the first iron man ( which i was so agiast seeing and thought was stupid and finally saw on DVD and then smacked myself said what was i thinking ! ) got me into all these comic book characters, and the comics, I really hope disney and marvel do everything in there power to keep RDJ for Avengers 2,3 atleast, if they make IM4 thats great to...I understand evenutally they will have different Tony Stark but I feel like all this build up for the Avengers for RDJ not to stay around and be aware of the big picture is crazy

Last edited by TacomaTruck90; 04-24-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Closed Thread