The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Old 05-04-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
DrDoom
Dictator

Default Kindle Fire HD Help?!?

I am deciding on which to purchase, a Kindle Fire HD or an iPad.

I am leaning more towards the Kindle because of the drastic price difference but am looking for anybody that can answer a few questions about it.

I am mainly looking for a device in which I can read my .cbr Comic files on without having to convert them to .pdf or other file types.

Is there a good program on Kindle that allows me to transfer the files from my comp to the Kindle to read and organize?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
Scare_Crow

Default Re: Kindle Fire HD Help?!?

The Kindle Fire HD is much more operable than the iPad.

As far as the .cbr files go; I am pretty sure (and I could be wrong, so sorry if I am) that there is no way of viewing them without a converter. BUT I read on a mobile thread forum that there is a very good one, and I attached the link at the bottom. Sorry I can't answer the rest. Good luck though!

http://www.amazon.com/RookieStudio-P.../dp/B005XN0SGU

Scare_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
JaD
Thriller Night

Hi, I think I can help you!

I just recently purchased a Kindle Fire HD and LOVE it. I'm not a huge fan of tablets and never saw myself buying one but I knew I wanted something I could use to make reading easier. I'm not a tablet expert so I can't speak on that but I'm glad I got the Kindle. The Kindle is more of a watered down tablet for the most part. But I can still play .mp4 movies, music, browse online, use all my Amazon apps and content, etc.

With the CBR files you and I were in the same boat as well and I wanted something I could read those files as well. There happens to be a great app called ComiCat that reads all .cbr files and so I'm able to read all my comics with it. I used to convert my .cbr files to PDF using Calibre but was sick of doing it so I searched to see if there were any apps that could support CBR files as themselves and ComiCat was the one that stood out to me. It works like a charm and allows for a little extra organization with folders and such if you've got a lot of comics. I believe it's $2.99 but it gets the job done. The quality is great with Fire HD screen as well and you can rotate it horizontally to quickly zoom in and read it closer.

Hope that helps! I've been telling my friends lately that my Kindle was probably one of the best investments (that wasn't required) that I've made recently.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

I was given a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas, and I have absolutely loved it....the only way I would change from my 7" is to go to the 8.9"....I have totally enjoyed mine.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
james-in-cali
Side-Kick

you can use an app called perfect viewer for .cbr files, I use it all the time works great. If you are somewhat tech savvy you can make your kindle just as good or better than any android tablet with some rooting and flashing. Check out xda forums or search you tube and see what you can do.

james-in-cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
martie01
New User - Level 0

May be a bit late to the party, but I would chose the the Kindle Fire 7 HD. Yes the price is more affordable, but the features you get are far better than other competing devices like the Apple Ipad.

For one. the Kindle fire has faster download speeds, 38 percent faster than Ipad, it can grab 2.5 and 5.0 wi fi frequencies, its has fast 1.2 dual core processor for streaming movies and by the way, its vr graphics core provides fluid and crisp streaming of videos and movies. '

I have much more to say about the Kindle fire HD on my review site. If anyone is interested and trying to decide feel free to read it.

I chose the KF7HD over the Ipad and I've been very happy with the product.

martie01 is offline   Reply With Quote