The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 03:18 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-08-2013, 03:18 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-08-2013, 03:18 AM   #3
bapi
Side-Kick

Would love Moyes too. He did well at Everton but their style is awful. When I see Klopp's BVB or Laudrup's Swansea in EPL... You can have no money and still play attractive football.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-08-2013, 03:20 AM   #4
kit1982
Side-Kick

****.....he's retired.... I can't believe it!

Old 05-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #5
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

I don't want moyes I don't think he has the skill or the authority for united. Though I do find it ironic that fans of united big rivals do lol

The only way I could see it if he did a season as number 2. He can handle the premiership but not the champs league.

Just seen the news he's gone thak you sir Alex you saved the club. But this has just thrown the entire summer into wack. So much for the big signings or the huge plans

This is going to be interesting.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 05-08-2013, 04:17 AM   #6
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

oh I want Moyes for United cos he's crap..... okay he isn't crap but he is IMO seriously one of the most overrated managers up there with Redknapp

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-08-2013, 04:24 AM   #7
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
Old 05-08-2013, 04:55 AM   #8
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
oh I want Moyes for United cos he's crap..... okay he isn't crap but he is IMO seriously one of the most overrated managers up there with Redknapp
Disagree there, you think about the situation Everton were in when he took them over & the limited funds he has had in charge of Everton over the course of his stint at the club & how consistent he has managed to keep them.

Now, does he have what it takes to manage a club that is far more capable of actually winning titles & cups with their financial backing.. who knows, but he does seem to be quite similar to Ferguson in alot of ways.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #9
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Disagree there, you think about the situation Everton were in when he took them over & the limited funds he has had in charge of Everton over the course of his stint at the club & how consistent he has managed to keep them.

Now, does he have what it takes to manage a club that is far more capable of actually winning titles & cups with their financial backing.. who knows, but he does seem to be quite similar to Ferguson in alot of ways.
I think he has done okay at Everton, but never great, they've never played nice football and the one time they got Champions League football they didn't even get into the competition.... I think he's always flattered to deceive

I don't think personally he does have it in him.... and I hope I'm right, only time will tell I guess

From a more neutral point of view (cause bviously I dislike United) the prospect of them no longer dominating (they might still after all) is exciting too

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #10
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
I think he has done okay at Everton, but never great, they've never played nice football and the one time they got Champions League football they didn't even get into the competition.... I think he's always flattered to deceive

I don't think personally he does have it in him.... and I hope I'm right, only time will tell I guess

From a more neutral point of view (cause bviously I dislike United) the prospect of them no longer dominating (they might still after all) is exciting too
I think it'll be good for the league. Even if Moyes does well, Utd will be less intimidating without Fergie. And the pressure will rise very quickly if he stumbles. I hope the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool & Spurs can challenge for the title in upcoming years along with Utd, City & Chelsea. I'd mention Newcastle too but that's not looking likely at the moment

Old 05-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
In all honesty whether he gets the United job or not, Moyes deserves a little more credit than that for what he has done at Everton.

He took over when they were struggling badly, relegation contenders & with the limited funds available to him has managed to drag Everton up the table & finish anywhere from 4th to 7th consistently. You think about it, the only teams that finish above Everton are the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool & more recently, Tottenham & City.. all of those clubs have been heavily invested in & spent double, triple or more than what Moyes has had to spend & yet he has managed to keep Everton consistently at the tails of the clubs that have spent big & failed to take themselves to the next level.

As for their style of play, I mean it's hard to kinda say they don't play nice football, it's all about the quality of players on the pitch. 1 player can change a teams style.

Moyes is much like Ferguson in the sense that he gives youth a chance, looks for value in his players & has uncovered several gems for limited money during his time at Everton.. the biggest question mark over Moyes's head is European experience & the fact that he'd actually be expected to do well in every competition. The demand for success is going to be far, far greater at Manchester United should he take over.

Quote:
If we hire Moyes & Chelsea hire Mourinho, I think Chelsea could be in for a spell of dominance.. however despite what the papers say, I really don't think the Mourinho to Chelsea is as done & dusted as the papers suggest. Roman is still a key problem at Chelsea & it's the only problem Mourinho had there in the first place..

Old 05-08-2013, 04:33 AM   #12
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Damn ,you don't have to follow the sport closely at all to know that one of the greats,if not THE greatest football manager is leaving the game.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #13
bapi
Side-Kick

Sky Sports understands that Manchester United will announce their next managerial appointment in next 48 hours

I don't think it's Mourinho with his 35M buyout clause. Should be Moyes.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-08-2013, 04:47 AM   #14
B
[insert witty comment]

Really am gutted, I'm just thinking IF David Moyles does take charge, a decision at this very particular moment in time, I'm not completely opposed to, that would surely spell the end for Rooney at United given that the 2 supposedly still have an issue with one another.

I'd heard a rumour a while back that it's in Mourinho's Real Madrid contract, that if Manchester United approach, Real have to allow him to talk to them... now at the time I thought there may be a hint of truth to it, however with all these rumours of him going to Chelsea I don't know what to think.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #15
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Mourinho has said that he will not follow fergie as that would be an impossible task, but he would happily follow the man who messes up after fergie

Last edited by the_ultimate_evil; 05-08-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:29 AM   #16
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Surprised at the news. Thought he'd keep going until health forced him out, but at his age now I guess he has decided he has achieved everything he could have hoped for, it will be a long time before anyone gets close to his success again, so time to put his feet up and enjoy more time for himself and his family.

Though as a fan of a rival club I never cared for him much, I can certainly appreciate what a great manager he has been, so a sad day for UTD fans, he will be missed from the game, and the end of an era to be sure.

As for his replacement.... I don't know if Jose would want really want it knowing whoever comes is looking at spending the next 20 years attempting to beat Fergies records. Not sure if UTD's board would be too keen on Jose either with the baggage he attracts as well (plus that huge buyout Real will demand), but if anyone has to ego and the ability to follow Fergie it would be him.

Personally hope Jose's coming back to the bridge, but we will just have to wait & see.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #17
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
I am shocked at this. I thought he retire within next 2-3 yeers down the line. When he won another CL. I am sadded by this

I want Mourinho either way I know he gets bored after winning everything thst's fine we can get replace him in 5 years time.
I thought a final CL victory would be the best way to go out. It's the only small weakness in Fergie's record having won only 2 times despite dominating all those years/decades. But up to the man to decide when is good for him. At least it's good that he goes out as a champion. Better than announcing in advance and taking the risk of going out after a **** season. Also he leaves Utd in excellent shape for the next guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
Mourinho has said that he will not follow fergie as that would be an impossible task, but he would happily follow the man who messes up after fergie
Haha, I love this guy.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #18
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

I am shocked at this. I thought he retire within next 2-3 yeers down the line. When he won another CL. I am sadded by this

I want Mourinho either way I know he gets bored after winning everything thst's fine we can get replace him in 5 years time.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 05-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #19
Van Petrol
Meatloaf Haitch!

Sad to see him go. Thank you, Sir Alex. One of the true greats.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #20
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Rumours are already flying that Rooney has put in a transfer request. 30 million to bayren.

May lend some to the moyes takeover.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #21
bapi
Side-Kick

Bayern won't buy Rooney. Lewandowski has got 2 contracts with them, Gotze can play as a fake 9, they have Mandzukic, Gomez and Pizarro plus none of their players is on 250k p/w. PSG or Real? Maybe. But Bayern won't sign him, I'm sure.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #22
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I'm really sad, United without Fergie seems unimaginable, I'm gonna miss the cantankerous old legend, greatest of all time IMO. Thank You Sir Alex.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #23
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
Rumours are already flying that Rooney has put in a transfer request. 30 million to bayren.

May lend some to the moyes takeover.
He doesn't want to reunited with a former manager that's fine so he can **** off as for I'm concerned. Thanks for goals Wayne.

Check this out: Poll.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...united-manager

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 05-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #24
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
He doesn't want to reunited with a former manager that's fine so he can **** off as for I'm concerned. Thanks for goals Wayne.

Check this out: Poll.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...united-manager
I'd take Ole, Giggsy or Nevs over Moyes, I want Klopp but would be fine with Mourinho.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #25
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

I'm too young to even remember another Man United manager...I was born in '87.

I wouldn't mind seeing Klopp in the Premier League. He's entertaining.