The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

I would say no right now since they are two different demographics.

I mean World War Z was released the same week as Monsters University. This is the End came out the same week as Man of Steel.

- CM Punk
Old 06-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 4

what most people forget when they say that Vin Diesel wouldn't take a certain role because it is not a lead character is, that he is a major fanboy when he comes to stuff like this. he is a role playing geek that accomplished to get Dame Judi Dench to join his D&D campaign on the set of Riddick and is a comic book fan. For that reason it is not impossible that he might agree to play a minor character if he likes that particular superhero or just because of the chance to act in a Marvel movie.

That said, his acting abilities are very limited and I hope we won't see him in the MCU for a long time

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 06-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 4

I'm not digging you at all R Hythlodeus, but I just think it's funny how in general, we all decide that..*so and so* is a limited actor, and we are judging when all of them can probably act circles around us XD We just want the best

Old 06-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #6
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

compared to other professional actors his abilities are limited. better?

ZWERG/ELF

Old 06-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
Wontkins
Banned User

If you don't think he'll make a good Groot I recommend watching the Iron Giant. If you do think he'll make a good Groot I recommend watching the Iron Giant. Hell, even if you've seen it watch it again because its an amazing film.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
Starhawk
Side-Kick

Maybe Vin is playing a villain? Korvac? I Always thought Michael C Hall would make a great Korvac (visually speaking anyways) but Vin is a pretty good actor.

If he's not a villain perhaps Adam Warlock

Old 06-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

The comments section on another site mentioned Ronan the Accuser. I could see Marvel wanting him for that role

Old 06-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #10
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
compared to other professional actors his abilities are limited. better?
I wasn't correcting you cause there was nothing wrong with it. All I was saying, was that isn't it funny how we all, myself included, judge these actors on acting abilities when they are all most likely better actors than us.
Don't take it personal, It was just a comment dude lol, a simple observation to chuckle at

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
The comments section on another site mentioned Ronan the Accuser. I could see Marvel wanting him for that role
I could certainly see him as Ronan, infact, I would prefer him playing Ronan way over my vision theory

Old 06-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Yeah, I wouldn't rule out Ronan the Accuser. His name keeps popping up again and again in the GOTG rumormill, with a new actor "attached" to the rumor each time. Vin is the only one I've heard so far who makes sense as Ronan, as a bad mf you wouldn't want to run into in a back alley in some rundown spaceport somewhere.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't rule out Ronan the Accuser. His name keeps popping up again and again in the GOTG rumormill, with a new actor "attached" to the rumor each time. Vin is the only one I've heard so far who makes sense as Ronan, as a bad mf you wouldn't want to run into in a back alley in some rundown spaceport somewhere.
surprisingly I could live with that.

ZWERG/ELF

Old 06-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #13
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starhawk View Post
Maybe Vin is playing a villain? Korvac? I Always thought Michael C Hall would make a great Korvac (visually speaking anyways) but Vin is a pretty good actor.

If he's not a villain perhaps Adam Warlock

Michael C. Hall would be great in the MCU! I love him in Dexter and he was even pretty good/sinister in Gamer. I'd be all for him in a role either hero or villain somewhere down the road, I think I'd prefer villain though.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 07-01-2013, 12:49 AM   #14
Yellow Cyclone
Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Michael C. Hall would be great in the MCU! I love him in Dexter and he was even pretty good/sinister in Gamer. I'd be all for him in a role either hero or villain somewhere down the road, I think I'd prefer villain though.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #15
VictusMortuus
Side-Kick

I could see Vin as Black Bolt.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #16
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictusMortuus View Post
I could see Vin as Black Bolt.

he wouldn't have to talk, but I don't know if Vin could emote enough for BB.

I'm beginning to agree it's probably Groot.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 06-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #17
samsnee
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I say he's the voice of Groot, and they are changing the character so he says more than just his name.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #18
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Gunn won't do that. I could see Vin saying I am Groot in various tones, and slower and faster. It would be hilariously cool.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:42 AM   #19
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

I didn't think they'd get someone of Vin Diesel's caliber (fame wise, not talent wise) to voice Groot. I thought that was just a role that would go to a crew member. But if it is Groot that's be awesome.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 06-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #20
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I didn't think they'd get someone of Vin Diesel's caliber (fame wise, not talent wise) to voice Groot. I thought that was just a role that would go to a crew member. But if it is Groot that's be awesome.
They get to use his name in the credits and I can't imagine he'd be that expensive, I mean if it *is* for Groot he might not spend more than a few hours in the recording booth.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 06-28-2013, 01:22 AM   #21
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I think Vin might be playing Thanos.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:44 AM   #22
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Y know, a slightly more upbeat Riddick type voice might work for Rocket. No? Anyway its more likely Groot or Thanos. If they're going with a live actor for Thanos, Diesel isnt my first choice.

Iron Giant makes me think Groot. A bit too on the nose for my taste, but its logical.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 06-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #23
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

To be perfectly honest, I think it'll turn out to be a case of people --- even actors --- not knowing (or caring) that "Marvel" isn't one big happy family: it's several separate film universes scattered out over at least three studios. My money on this meeting with Vin is that it's actually Fox, and he's who they've got tapped for Ben Grimm.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #24
Starhawk
Side-Kick

i doubt its either Groot or Rocket Raccoon. I'm assuming someone is already signed and Marvel has managed to keep the news from leaking...SDCC is around the corner and we are bound to find out more cast announcement then.

Another thing that makes me think its neither of those characters is if they can get someone like Vin you probably would want a character you can "see".

Old 06-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #25
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
To be perfectly honest, I think it'll turn out to be a case of people --- even actors --- not knowing (or caring) that "Marvel" isn't one big happy family: it's several separate film universes scattered out over at least three studios. My money on this meeting with Vin is that it's actually Fox, and he's who they've got tapped for Ben Grimm.
I doubt it, mostly because Vin is about as geeky as they come. He'd know the difference between Marvel and Fox. Plus, Marvel wouldn't be the one looking to cast Grimm. It would be Fox approaching him for that.

Edit: The Thing is likely to be CGI in the new FF (correcting an obvious error in the first movies), so it's even more likely that he's up for a role in the MCU and not FF.

Last edited by Crimson King; 06-28-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Closed Thread