The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 5

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 4

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 9,979
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 5

Too many people are wanting the film be too confusing.

__________________
Best Comic Book films-Superman X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man Batman Returns X-Men Batman Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine The Dark Knight
marvelrobbins is online now  
Old 06-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion
There's many possibilities for a film like this. I like to think that there can be multiple time travelers. Like Wolverine time travels to the 70s to stop "event X" and Bishop time travels to the early 2000s to destroy the first incarnation of the Sentinels.
I don't think there will be any time travelers.

That aside, let's step back for a minute. Okay...so the movie will involve two time periods, no less than 19 named characters, over 7 different countries, giant robots, and Nixon...this will either be the biggest train wreck ever or ****ing amazing.

__________________
Marvel/DC:
2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Guardians of the Galaxy
2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron | The Fantastic Four | Ant-Man
2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,852
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

I just hope they learned something from X3/Origins, not to include so many characters that will be only used for 1 to 3 scenes. And I hope this movie is at least 2hrs/30mins.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #6
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,644
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I just hope they learned something from X3/Origins, not to include so many characters that will be only used for 1 to 3 scenes. And I hope this movie is at least 2hrs/30mins.
I don't think we should worry too much. X3 and Origins did horrible jobs with the cameos in that they pretty much ruined the possibilities for each character in future movies. We have to remember that Bryan wasn't responsible for that trend.

X2 had the following identified characters (that I can recall):

- Xavier, Wolverine, Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Pyro, Nightcrawler

- Magneto, Mystique, Stryker, Deathstrike, Senator Kelly

- Kitty, Jubilee, Siryn, Colossus, Artie, Hank McCoy

Unless I'm leaving anyone out, that's 20 characters. The last line were cameos, but most were announced to the media in much the same way they're announcing characters in DOFP.

Bryan used all of the characters in X2 in appropriate ways. The kids were in the mansion, where they should've been. Hank was on TV and his association with the X-Men was not mentioned (nor was it excluded). No character was ruined for future use.

josh8 is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #7
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I just hope they learned something from X3/Origins, not to include so many characters that will be only used for 1 to 3 scenes. And I hope this movie is at least 2hrs/30mins.
Well this will probably be the case for every character not named Xavier, Magneto, Beast, Mystique, Wolverine, and Kitty Pryde. Not counting Boliver Trask.

It's effing retarded how much they use mystique in all these movies btw. At least now it makes sense because of Jennifer Lawrence I guess.

Anyway, I'm not too upset at them using characters for glorified cameos. I mean, the comics do it with the X-Men all the time. That's not really a problem as far as I'm concerned and having a bunch of mutants gives a certain sense of the scope of things. That said, I do have a problem with it for Quicksilver because of the character's history. And it will only look worse next to what Joss will do with the character in Avengers 2.

__________________
Marvel/DC:
2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Guardians of the Galaxy
2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron | The Fantastic Four | Ant-Man
2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #8
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,852
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Well this will probably be the case for every character not named Xavier, Magneto, Beast, Mystique, Wolverine, and Kitty Pryde. Not counting Boliver Trask.

It's effing retarded how much they use mystique in all these movies btw. At least now it makes sense because of Jennifer Lawrence I guess.

Anyway, I'm not too upset at them using characters for glorified cameos. I mean, the comics do it with the X-Men all the time. That's not really a problem as far as I'm concerned and having a bunch of mutants gives a certain sense of the scope of things. That said, I do have a problem with it for Quicksilver because of the character's history. And it will only look worse next to what Joss will do with the character in Avengers 2.
I'm not worried about Quicksilver. If he ends up like Pyro or Lady Deathstrike or Mystique in the 1st 2 movies, I think he will be fine.

And I don't think they have to address this father/son relationship with Magneto because that would need take time and development. X1/X2 were fine without making Mystique as Rogue's foster mom and without making Mystique as Nightcrawler's mom.

But if they use Quicksilver like how they used Multiple Man in X3 and Blob in Origins. Then it would be a problem for me.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #9
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
It's effing retarded how much they use mystique in all these movies btw. At least now it makes sense because of Jennifer Lawrence I guess.
Completely agree, how does a franchise about the X-Men focus more on Mystique than any other Female X-Men character. Makes no sense. Mystique should have left the franchise after X2. But now Jennifer Lawrence is playing her we're going to get her shoved down our throats ugh! It really gets to me how much these X-Men movies aren't actually about the X-Men. There are no team dynamics explored at all.

__________________
X-MEN
Alone, You Are Mighty
Together, You Are LEGENDS!
- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #10
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,188
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Last week everyone was complaining about Jean Grey being the center of everything, this week it's Mystique? And I think all the movies (not including Origins) have had a prominent female role.

X1- Rogue
X2- Jean
X3- Storm
FC- Mystique

The only one I would care to see developed more is Kitty. They couldn't have picked a better person to portray her then Ellen Page, and it's sad because we didn't get to see her charm and wit put to good use yet. It's a shame Ratner couldn't see the gem he really had. All Singer needs to do is make her charismatic, unique, and likeable. Her character doesn't even need to be explored really. She could just act like Juno and spout out smart ass remarks and I'd be totally fine with it.

Mulholland-Jr is offline  
Old 06-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #11
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,852
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
Last week everyone was complaining about Jean Grey being the center of everything, this week it's Mystique? And I think all the movies (not including Origins) have had a prominent female role.

X1- Rogue
X2- Jean
X3- Storm
FC- Mystique

The only one I would care to see developed more is Kitty. They couldn't have picked a better person to portray her then Ellen Page, and it's sad because we didn't get to see her charm and wit put to good use yet. It's a shame Ratner couldn't see the gem he really had. All Singer needs to do is make her charismatic, unique, and likeable. Her character doesn't even need to be explored really. She could just act like Juno and spout out smart ass remarks and I'd be totally fine with it.
Even though Halle Berry had the female lead role in X3, I think Jean Grey was the most prominent female character in the movie.

And my problem with Shadowcat is her inclusion in X3 was so random. With Colossus, it was expected that he would join the team in the next film because of the good reaction from his appearance in X2. But Shadowcat? She had 2 very short cameos in X1/X2, then in X3, she's suddenly one of the X-Men and she just suddenly had a thing with Bobby. So for that, I'm not really excited about seeing Shadowcat in the future X-Men films.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-30-2013 at 09:49 PM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 06:00 AM   #12
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,289
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And I hope this movie is at least 2hrs/30mins.
150 min runtime films aren't exactly Fox's style. I can see 133 min tops like usual.

Saitou Hajime is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #13
Melapi
Side-Kick
 
Melapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 914
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Get Emma Roberts to cameo as Wanda.

I know it's silly but I'm not sure if I want a real life couple to play them. If they break and Fox wants them back for another movie... it won't be easy to play brother and sister.

Melapi is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #14
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,852
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
150 min runtime films aren't exactly Fox's style. I can see 133 min tops like usual.
Well if their movie Avatar was longer than 3 hours. I don't think its impossible for DOFP to be longer than 150 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Completely agree, how does a franchise about the X-Men focus more on Mystique than any other Female X-Men character. Makes no sense. Mystique should have left the franchise after X2. But now Jennifer Lawrence is playing her we're going to get her shoved down our throats ugh! It really gets to me how much these X-Men movies aren't actually about the X-Men. There are no team dynamics explored at all.
Hopefully after DOFP, they give her a rest!

There a lot of cool female X-Men characters that we haven't seen in the movies yet.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-29-2013 at 10:50 PM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #15
Hammer!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 624
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Well Colossuss is in this movie, so unfortunately we know he'll at least get shafted.

Psylockolussus, who is the Viper character in The Wolverine based on in the comics?

Hammer! is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #16
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,852
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
Well Colossuss is in this movie, so unfortunately we know he'll at least get shafted.

Psylockolussus, who is the Viper character in The Wolverine based on in the comics?
Colossus might get a X2 treatment and if thats the case, at least its better than X3.

And yes the Viper character in The Wolverine is based on in the comics!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #17
Hammer!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 624
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

I just started following this movie; is it announced if X3 and Origins are in continuity anymore? Last I checked- months ago- Singer said something about ignoring work outside his films, but he was pretty coy on the subject.

Hammer! is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #18
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,852
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
I just started following this movie; is it announced if X3 and Origins are in continuity anymore? Last I checked- months ago- Singer said something about ignoring work outside his films, but he was pretty coy on the subject.
They are still part of the continuity/canon.

And if you have seen the trailer of The Wolverine, you will know that they aren't ignoring X3.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #19
Hammer!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 624
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Yea I saw the trailer but I thought they could have interpreted it as Logan believing Jean died from the second film.

Hammer! is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #20
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,852
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
Yea I saw the trailer but I thought they could have interpreted it as Logan believing Jean died from the second film.
There's an article in SHH's front page with the description of Jean's first scene in The Wolverine and its connected to what happened between her and Wolverine in X3.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #21
Hammer!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 624
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
There's an article in SHH's front page with the description of Jean's first scene in The Wolverine and its connected to what happened between her and Wolverine in X3.
Thanks. I guess they're going to go the route of Prof X channeling his consciousness into the body of his brother than. It'll be interesting to see how they bring Cyclops back (if they do) and how Magneto and Rogue regained their powers. Hope they don't just warp to the beginning of X3 and bring everyone back alive and fully powered. That would just seem like a cheat.

Hammer! is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #22
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,852
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
Thanks. I guess they're going to go the route of Prof X channeling his consciousness into the body of his brother than.
Its not yet clear but according to Patrick Stewart, there will be an explanation for his comeback after he was vaporized by Jean Grey in X3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I don't think we should worry too much. X3 and Origins did horrible jobs with the cameos in that they pretty much ruined the possibilities for each character in future movies. We have to remember that Bryan wasn't responsible for that trend.
My concern about this has nothing to do with Bryan Singer but Simon Kinberg. I'm still not sold yet with him as being the writer of this film.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #23
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 9,979
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

If Famke Janssen Is indeed In Days of future past that immedetly casts doudt on what has been assumed.Plus her appearance In the Wolverine Is likely a dream and hallunication.

Patrick Stewart has said there Is explanation for his appearance In DOFP he hasn't mentioned the twin brother one.

Magneto was already regaining powers at end of last stand.Likewise the same thing most likely happened to rogue.

The future with sentinles may very well be completly alternate future timeline.
That Is most likely easist explanation for her involvement and needing stunt double.

__________________
Best Comic Book films-Superman X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man Batman Returns X-Men Batman Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine The Dark Knight
marvelrobbins is online now  
Old 06-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #24
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,850
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If Famke Janssen Is indeed In Days of future past that immedetly casts doudt on what has been assumed.Plus her appearance In the Wolverine Is likely a dream and hallunication.

Patrick Stewart has said there Is explanation for his appearance In DOFP he hasn't mentioned the twin brother one.

Magneto was already regaining powers at end of last stand.Likewise the same thing most likely happened to rogue.

The future with sentinles may very well be completly alternate future timeline.
That Is most likely easist explanation for her involvement and needing stunt double.
It was indicated to me a long time ago that the future is alternate and so is the past into which the traveller(s) arrives.

This would mean that correcting the past likely sets up the events of the original trilogy. I'm not entirely sold on that idea, as the original trilogy does not have a happy ending (at least, not for Xavier, Jean, Scott, Mystique).

I'm not entirely certain what they have in mind but if it really does involve Jean and Scott, then it must be an alternate future. This then means they don't have to explain how Xavier survived the events of X3.

I'm also not sure if this means that X-Men: First Class is an alternate timeline or if just the 1973 past in DoFP is an alternate timeline. It's all very confusing.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 06-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #25
icekid
Side-Kick
 
icekid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Trapped in the Hoover Dam
Posts: 608
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

The entire world has seen him kill her in X3, there's no one they would expect people to think of X2 when they see his claws in her...

icekid is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.