The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Default MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

I´ve opened this thread to talk about the MOS sequel that has been announced in San Diego Comic-Con.
Also to publish news, pics and all related to the new Superman/Batman movie.

(credits to Armando Loyola who made this image)

BURBANK, CA, July 20, 2013 –
On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyderis bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcomingfilm brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date inSummer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, “Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, “Whilst our ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.”

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment

Last edited by John-An; 07-21-2013 at 12:20 AM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
blumatic
Side-Kick

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

That Logo looks pretty nice.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #3
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Can't really call this "Man of Steel 2". This is more like what "The Wolverine" is to the X-Men series, where it's not a direct/rightful sequel to MOS but that the events take place after MOS.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #4
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

They need to title this Superman/Batman: World's Finest. That is the perfect title, imo.

AndrewGilkison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
They need to title this Superman/Batman: World's Finest. That is the perfect title, imo.
Not really. Nobody knows what the story is. If Batman only plays a role as big as Scarlett Johansson's character in the Iron Man films, then this is clearly MOS2. And don't forget, Batman rarely even appeared during Nolan's trilogy. It was about Bruce Wayne mostly. If that custom continues, then its not even clear that Batman will be shown as much as Zod was on MOS.

MANOFSTEELtrilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #6
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
Not really. Nobody knows what the story is. If Batman only plays a role as big as Scarlett Johansson's character in the Iron Man films, then this is clearly MOS2. And don't forget, Batman rarely even appeared during Nolan's trilogy. It was about Bruce Wayne mostly. If that custom continues, then its not even clear that Batman will be shown as much as Zod was on MOS.
I put the two man of steel 2 and superman batman because this is not confirmed yet what role is gonna play batman but why put the logo world's finest if batman is not gonna team-up why they bothers...
it's a world/finest movie.... IMO

Old 07-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #7
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
I put the two man of steel 2 and superman batman because this is not confirmed yet what role is gonna play batman but why put the logo world's finest if batman is not gonna team-up why they bothers...
it's a world/finest movie.... IMO
They put that logo so the Batman fans got interested. They'll probably tease the Batman fans all the way until the release date, even if Batman is only making a cameo. Its all for box office. They see the chance of Avatar-like numbers.

MANOFSTEELtrilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #8
John-An

Quote:
They put that logo so the Batman fans got interested. They'll probably tease the Batman fans all the way until the release date, even if Batman is only making a cameo. Its all for box office. They see the chance of Avatar-like numbers.
I don't think so.. In the major case just say that batman would appear... but if they're gonna be in this mode maybe batman is going to have an equal role as supes...

Old 07-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #9
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
So if Batman is going to have a bit part like ScarJo in Iron Man 2, why would they even bother to incorporate the Batman symbol into the logo?

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
So if Batman is going to have a bit part like ScarJo in Iron Man 2, why would they even bother to incorporate the Batman symbol into the logo?
that's exactly what I´m thinking... it's more like world´s finest..

Old 07-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #11
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Way too awkward.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #12
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Way too awkward.
I agree. I hope it's more like: Man of Steel To Batman the Dark Knight: The World's Finest.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #13
gdw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I agree. I hope it's more like: Man of Steel To Batman the Dark Knight: The World's Finest.
You're being sarcastic, right?

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Quote:
I agree.

Hopefully they fix it soon.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #15
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Your logo is nice, nicer than the one at CC. I wonder if they already know who is to be Batman but won't tell us. Just happy Henry gets a sequel, at least he is not like Routh.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #16
Tra-El
Side-Kick

May we all have this dance?

..this is going to be FUN

Old 07-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #17
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I still don't understand why Nolan is a part of this of his Batman is done. It's weird that his story is done but he is involved in the MOS sequel which features a new Batman.'if this does indeed lead into more Batman films is Nolan going to direct them?

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 07-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #18
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I still don't understand why Nolan is a part of this of his Batman is done. It's weird that his story is done but he is involved in the MOS sequel which features a new Batman.'if this does indeed lead into more Batman films is Nolan going to direct them?
He'll be a producer at most.

However, the Nolan involvement/branding will probably confuse GAs further (raising expectation for Bale, and then being dissappointed).

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #19
Loki882
Side-Kick

Snyder has said that the ramification of Superman killing Zod would be explored in a sequel. Batman is actually a great person to explore those issues with (Batman has an even more strict no-killing rule than Superman does).

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #20
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
(Batman has an even more strict no-killing rule than Superman does).
Someone should have told Bale's Batman that before he pushed Harvey to his death and before he shot Talia's driver to his death as well.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #21
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Oh come on it won't be a cameo I still call it an introduction though Bats will probably already be established. I'm really seeing something ala Scarlett in IM2. Christian can definitely not appear as Batman or TDKR will have been erased. But if its a choice between Christian and that no talent Joe from True Blood then bring Christian's Batman back from the dead.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 07-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #22
writer0327
Side-Kick

I too prefer the title "Superman/Batman: World's Finest".

It's still Superman's movie however, no matter what they title it. This will be Batman fitting into the MOS world, not Superman fitting into Batman's.

writer0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #23
Loki882
Side-Kick

They don't need to do Batman's origins again (we just saw a fantastic interpretation on them back in 2005, it was called Batman Begins). Having an already established Batman could work fine. Maybe Superman's battle with Zod causes Batman to become more open about his vigilante activities.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #24
gothamninja394
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
They don't need to do Batman's origins again (we just saw a fantastic interpretation on them back in 2005, it was called Batman Begins). Having an already established Batman could work fine. Maybe Superman's battle with Zod causes Batman to become more open about his vigilante activities.
Last I checked, they're already going to revamp Batman anyways, and when it comes to movies that means retelling his origin story again, which was done with Batman Begins after it was already told in the 1989 Batman, although Nolan managed to do a much better job when it came to how "in depth" they did with the story instead of simply saying, "he lost his parents at age 8". But anyways, this is what I've been waiting for since the teaser pic of Batman and Superman that was posted back when I was in middle school :P And I really dont think it'd be fair to give Batman a cameo appearance, not to the character of Batman or to the Bat-fanbase alike, so I'm seeing the two of them both having huge roles, or else why the freakin combined symbols logo? That says that its got to be bigger then that. Not to mention that if I'm reading it correctly, they wont be on friendly terms at the beginning, so I hope we get to see some serious action from both of them I just pray that we wont be disappointed as Warner Bros. has already managed to do with the cancellation of Young Justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verisimilitude View Post
Wow. This is huge news. I haven't logged on in a while - but I'm intrigued.

However, having watched MOS, which I loved, but I feel lacked a lot of character development and was a bit thin at times --- I think the WB are going for the easy money, offering spectacle and eye candy and rushing to keep up with Marvel and the Avengers.

I laughed hysterically when the same people that were complaining that SR had little to no action and they wanted Supes to kick ass --- started complaining that MOS had TOO MUCH ACTION. "You asked for it - you got it" - and hats off to Synder for that.

But I'm not a fan of Goyer and some of the lines were terrible. Even though we've had over 10 years of character development on Smallville (perhaps a bit too much) -- -in MOS? Come on! 'Smallville' was rushed like pregnant woman to maternity -- and the delivery was agony.

I found people complaining about the *SPOILER*

Clark breaking 'someone's' neck

*END SPOILER*

but I think the thing that I absolutely hated the most was this:

Clark: "I let my father die, because I trusted him" - Superman would NEVER do that, man.

Anyway, back to the SUPERMAN/BATMAN thing.

I am in the minority that wasn't a fan of the Nolan trilogy - so I was optimistic about looking forward to a new take on the character.

But I would be disappointed if this is a SUPERMAN film with a bit of batman intro in it --- or a SUPERMAN/BATMAN film in which our first look at our new Batman is incomplete due to being rushed, only having half the screen time and thus not enough time for him to be developed.

If he's introduced "starting off" - then I feel it's sad, since not only I would have loved to have seen Snyders take on Bats as a solo gig ... but, yes ... you guess it...

Again, we're offered novelty and spectacle of having these two giants on screen ... at the cost of losing precious air time for character development of both characters (and their respective surrounding allies and foes)

The whole Clark/Daily Planet/Lois Lane thing needs more time to breathe --- and the man only just got their at the end of the movie! Give him time! Patience WB!

The correct way in my mind to do this would be:

Get MAN OF STEEL 2 in production

Get a new SOLO Batman film in production

Some how have the events of both films tie to one another --- leading to the meeting of these titans --- and they have a small meeting in an after scene appearance at the end of one of these films --- which leads to a SUPERMAN / BATMAN (Public enemies) type film --- which would -- -yep, introduce Wonder Woman at the end

Leading eventually to a Justice League.

It needs time.

If it's introducing Batman as a guy already in the works - then they do a prequel in the future introducing his world -- then maybe that could work.

Just my two pennies.

It's a great time to be a superhero fan.
V
Dude I think you basically covered much of what I was gonna say, that would certainly work, and its the same thing that was done with Star Wars, although I know for whatever reason people hated episode 1. I swear, fans...ugh! But anyways, returning to what I was saying, I agree with you on them doing it this way, not saying they will but they should. And I've noticed, patience seems to be a growing problem in the world of hollywood (reality too). Great shows and movies alike, starting out good but are rushed and it makes the product as a whole fail because you use up the best of what you have before the end. Returning to the main topic though, they could very well use the Man of Steel sequel if its truly a sequel to introduce Batman, and if done right can really do well, but it takes the right people and I mean everyone, not just the actors since we still dont know who will be given the role of the Bat. However, they also need to use what they have correctly and not just slap stuff together and call it a movie. Dragonball Evolution is a prime example of this, as they had seven years to do it right and utterly failed.

Last edited by gothamninja394; 07-21-2013 at 02:45 PM.
gothamninja394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #25
verisimilitude
"Great Shades of Elvis"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothamninja394 View Post
Dude I think you basically covered much of what I was gonna say, that would certainly work, and its the same thing that was done with Star Wars, although I know for whatever reason people hated episode 1. I swear, fans...ugh! But anyways, returning to what I was saying, I agree with you on them doing it this way, not saying they will but they should. And I've noticed, patience seems to be a growing problem in the world of hollywood (reality too). Great shows and movies alike, starting out good but are rushed and it makes the product as a whole fail because you use up the best of what you have before the end. Returning to the main topic though, they could very well use the Man of Steel sequel if its truly a sequel to introduce Batman, and if done right can really do well, but it takes the right people and I mean everyone, not just the actors since we still dont know who will be given the role of the Bat. However, they also need to use what they have correctly and not just slap stuff together and call it a movie...

verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote