The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
With Batman's insignia being so dominant with Superman's one in the official logo that they just released, I really doubt that Batman is just a "guest star".
Are you serious? That's the way the Batman-Superman logo has looked for years. Come on now.

Quote:
I can honestly bet everyone a million dollars that batman fans would have been this angry as well if Superman was reintroduced in TDK, thus forcing the batman story to compromise due to Superman's arrival.
I won't disagree there. Though that was before the prospect of a shared DC Cinematic Universe existed. So if such a thing did exist back then, who knows what they would've thought.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Quote:
lol; i meant in the sense where since Batman's logo is included in the official logo, then that implies that Batman won't be a supporting character.
It could be, though that logo obviously isn't official. It could've just been a way to say Batman going to be in the next Superman film. Though honestly with this occurring, why wouldn't you use that logo?

Quote:
What's strange is that Snyder himself said that he believed Superman needed more films before they can go down the "team route" so I wonder what changed his mind.
Was that pertaining to a World's Finest team up or Justice League?

Old 07-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

MOS 2 could make a billion. Either way, this feels like we've been cheated.

And in regards to dynamics, I'm no fan of how Batman is portrayed as the better hero. I prefer that they be portrayed as equals and not rivals..and I certainly don't want them to be stuck in a love triangle together with Lois.

Not to mention, I still don't see why Superman couldn't be given at least ONE solo sequel first before going down this route.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:

And in regards to dynamics, I'm no fan of how Batman is portrayed as the better hero. I prefer that they be portrayed as equals and not rivals..and I certainly don't want them to be stuck in a love triangle together with Lois.

Not to mention, I still don't see why Superman couldn't be given at least ONE solo sequel first before going down this route.
Batman and Superman are portrayed as equals in a lot of stories. I see no reason to why that can't be the case here.

I guess that Dark Knight Returns monologue really frightened people.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:

There are a lot of World's Finest comic books where the pair are equals. If they can focus on that, they'll be much better off.

If they focus on Timm's cartoon movie...oh boy.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #6
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Batman and Superman are portrayed as equals in a lot of stories. I see no reason to why that can't be the case here.

I guess that Dark Knight Returns monologue really frightened people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
There are a lot of World's Finest comic books where the pair are equals. If they can focus on that, they'll be much better off.

If they focus on Timm's cartoon movie...oh boy.
If their relationship is portrayed similar to how they did so in Public Enemies, minus Batman being the one to save the day (as usual), then I'd be happy about it. Honestly.

I want to see a film where they end on good terms with each other, respecting the other person, and without a love triangle ever having been involved in the equation.

And yeah, Timm's Cartoon of the World's Finest, along with "The Dark Knight Returns", if this film ends up being anything like those films, then it's safe to say that Superman is screwed and I'd have no problem giving up on the franchise personally.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #7
Cantis1
Side-Kick

Quote:

Pretty much absolutely this.

Cantis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #8
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

I wonder who the villains will be. Maybe Lex Luthor hires the Joker to take out Bruce Wayne while also creating Metallo to kill Supes...

Serpico Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #9
Loki882
Side-Kick

Batman is paranoid by nature and will be suspicious of Superman at first. He's been preparing for such a confrontation since Zod appeared, so he will have a plan. Batman will be the antagonist at first, then they will team up against a common foe (I'm thinking Lex). WW cameo at the end to set up a Trinity movie.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #10
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

I can't really even fathom how they'd castrate the Superman we just saw in Man of Steel. This guy's a complete badass. They won't actually go head to head, because as Snyder has pointed out in interviews it's laughable to suggest it. Superman would have to give in willingly like with the U.S. military.

If anything, this will show how uneven the characters are.

ElDuderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #11
Loki882
Side-Kick

WB made a Jonah Hex and Steel movie before WW or Flash. Think about that for a moment.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #12
Loki882
Side-Kick

Batman's a genius, he fights with his mind (and his cool toys).

Old 07-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #13
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I loved Timm's cartoon of World's Finest so much.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #14
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I loved Timm's cartoon of World's Finest so much.
I don't.

Superman was outsmarted by the Joker, needed to be saved by Batman a few times I think, Bruce was made into the love of Lois's life, etc.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #15
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I don't.

Superman was outsmarted by the Joker, needed to be saved by Batman a few times I think, Bruce was made into the love of Lois's life, etc.
And Batman got into trouble and needed to be saved by Superman a few times as well.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #16
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't.

Sounds good to me. Lana is bound to be hotter than Amy Adams anyway. Batman can have Lois.

MANOFSTEELtrilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:23 AM   #17
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
And Batman got into trouble and needed to be saved by Superman a few times as well.

lol; true.

I guess what makes it even more irritating for me is that Batman was Lois's main love interest in that entire arc.

Oh, how I pray that this will not be the case for this film. Above all else, since I'm a strong advocate of the Lois and Clark/Superman relationship, please don't let me go down the SR route (minus the kid of course) where Lois is shown being happier with another person other than Superman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
Sounds good to me. Lana is bound to be hotter than Amy Adams anyway. Batman can have Lois.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #18
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
Ugh! Knowing these people they will cast Keira Knightley of Charlize Theron as Lana. If Lois looks like Amy Adams then no to Lana and Diana.

As for the announcement, I'm just happy there is going to be a sequel, Batman can jump in all he wants as long as it is still Superman's story. Seeing as how they are calling it a Superman film, they have the same cast and same writers, and they said issues in MOS will be addressed, I'm content that this is still Superman's story.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #19
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
I don't.

I'm a massive Superman fan and that's never bothered me but okay, to each their own.
I, for one would love if this new movie followed the tone of that animated film. Serious, but fun and entertaining.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #20
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Quote:
I don't.

That had more to do with Superman underestimating the Joker than anything. And Superman saved Batman a few times in the movie as well.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #21
I am Batman
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't.

I'll give you Bruce and Lois. That was kinda wack but what's wrong with Superman being outsmarted by the Joker?

"You're a stand up guy Bats, don't ever let them call you a crazed loner."
-The Flash, JLU
I am Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #22
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Batman View Post
I'll give you Bruce and Lois. That was kinda wack but what's wrong with Superman being outsmarted by the Joker?
Especially since Batman got outsmarted by him also and nearly got killed.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #23
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Batman View Post
Quote:
Especially since Batman got outsmarted by him also and nearly got killed.
Okay, maybe it's just that Lois and Bruce thing that's clouding my judgment in the film's adaptation from Bruce Timm.haha

Well this has been therapeutic.lol

But Batman did the better of superman during their first encounter. Even though Superman threw Batman down, Batman threw him down first and ended it with using kryptonite on him.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #24
blumatic
Side-Kick

They do this with tact. How can they have a World's finest when Superman is not introduced to the World yet? No one knows that his name is Superman. I am really not sure what the story will be like.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #25
I am Batman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay, maybe it's just that Lois and Bruce thing that's clouding my judgment in the film's adaptation from Bruce Timm.haha

Well this has been therapeutic.lol

But Batman did the better of superman during their first encounter. Even though Superman threw Batman down, Batman threw him down first and ended it with using kryptonite on him.
I loved that first encounter. I wish they could use the "I knew you were crazy. I didn't think you were stupid." line but that's probably impossible if they use an early in his career Batman whom everyone thinks is an urban myth. One can dream though

"You're a stand up guy Bats, don't ever let them call you a crazed loner."
-The Flash, JLU
I am Batman is offline   Reply With Quote