Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
mocomic
Philistian by choice

Default Will this be visited before AOU

Will we see the torch android body again

Yes or No

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia...ki/Human_Torch

If this gets revisited in TWS then we will someday have the Vision.

My poll premise was this a fanboy throwaway or a foreshadowing of yet to come. Frankly I think the Torch is Coulson. Feige drew a master outline for MCU, I feel this is part of it.

First try at a poll, hope this works

mocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Mr. Dent

Default Re: Will this be visited before AOU

I'd put more money on it showing up in Agents of SHIELD at some point. Like how the flying car from the Stark Expo evolved into Lola.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Does anybody know how the rights work for the original Human Torch? I would imagine Marvel owns the character, but wouldn't Fox own the name?

2016 - Captain America: The Secret Avengers, Doctor Strange
2017 - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians Of The Galaxy: War of Kings
2018 - The Avengers: Infinity
lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzy.94 View Post
Does anybody know how the rights work for the original Human Torch? I would imagine Marvel owns the character, but wouldn't Fox own the name?
I'd say you're probably right, which is why he was shown at the 1943 expo as "The Synthetic Man" instead of "The Human Torch."

As to the OP, I strongly believe that AoU will derive its roots from the Captain America films rather than the Iron Man ones, with "The Synthetic Man" and Arnim Zola featuring prominently in MCU Ultron's origins.

As to the theory that Coulson might be that synthezoid: interesting possibility, but what's the basis for that hypothesis?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'd say you're probably right, which is why he was shown at the 1943 expo as "The Synthetic Man" instead of "The Human Torch."

As to the OP, I strongly believe that AoU will derive its roots from the Captain America films rather than the Iron Man ones, with "The Synthetic Man" and Arnim Zola featuring prominently in MCU Ultron's origins.

As to the theory that Coulson might be that synthezoid: interesting possibility, but what's the basis for that hypothesis?

Are you sure it said "The Synthetic Man" though? Coulda sworn it said "The Human Torch" ?

Old 08-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
mocomic
Philistian by choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Just my gut. They won't offend us by replacing Phil with a LMD . It's a plausible way to survive the Loki spearing. Also the Torch appearance was there for a reason. Also Phil has always been fairly dry almost emotionless. His Cap fascination is like someone who was there. Plus this look at the Torch picture closely. Notice the short legs, his body proportion is not unlike Clark Gregg. Not saying that was Clark, but the guy in the tube is not 6'3" like marvel says torch was. I know this may be a stretch. But, I believe anything we see in a MCU movie can have a future purpose. There is the reason for the Kevin Feige outline.

mocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #7
cph9fa
Side-Kick

I don't think Coulson's underdog popularity with the fans was part of some long-term plan.

Is it possible we'll see the HT again. Maybe. Is it possible that its Coulson? A more restrained maybe... But that doesn't mean that it had to have been planned out as such from the get go.

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote