The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 09-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Bane Cook
Side-Kick

Default Where you first viewed the movie helped you decide whether you like it or not?

Does anyone think this might be true? A bunch of this movie was filmed in IMAX. So when you see it in a small theater with a mediocre sound system and not real IMAX(not that knock off garbage), it takes away from the experience a bit. I saw it twice in IMAX and twice in a regular theater. Without a doubt, you're losing a lot when you see it in a regular crap theater.
There are scenes in IMAX that just make you go, "wow." When you see them in a regular theater, they might go by without you giving too much thought to them. In IMAX, the ground and your chair are shaking. It's easy to get sucked into that world. I still get goosebumps thinking about the final battle, the prologue, and the panoramic scene of the city after the prologue. Oh and also the scene where Bane says, "Open fire." In IMAX, that scene is just breathtaking and so intimidating as Bane walks forward. Ahhh there's so many to choose from.

I wish I could view all movies in this format. Small theaters have terrible lighting, terrible sound, and sometimes, terrible smell.

Random semi off topic note: Man of Steel is a movie you MUST have seen in IMAX 3D to get the full experience.

Bane Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
Victarion
Cut

Default Re: Where you first viewed the movie helped you decide whether you like it or not?

No, not really. I still get chills from those Bane scenes watching it on my home television. The scene where Barsad walks across the bridge toward the army guy looks like it was intended for IMAX, though. My picture gets a bit blurred.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
JackWhite
Third Man

Default Re: Where you first viewed the movie helped you decide whether you like it or not?

Seeing it in IMAX was absolutely stunning, but a little overwhelming. When I saw it the second time in a regular theater I actually enjoyed it a little more. But more of that was due to the hype of the film.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
DACrowe
Side-Kick

The first time I saw it was in a regular theater and my thought has been what it always was: "That movie is great! Not a masterpiece like TDK, and it does have some pacing issues, but man was that a damn satisfying rollerocaster of a ride! Anne Hathaway is great! Who knew?"

The only thing that has changed in the intervening year is that I now appreciate Hardy's Bane more. I came out thinking he just did not live up to Ledger, though I knew it was its own thing. Now, I see that while still no Joker, his Bane is iconic in its own weird way. That sneaked up on me.

Otherwise, nothing has changed. Though I see the fan community moving farther away from it every passing day. Sad but true.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
DACrowe
Side-Kick

The first time I saw it was in a regular theater and my thought has been what it always was: "That movie is great! Not a masterpiece like TDK, and it does have some pacing issues, but man was that a damn satisfying rollerocaster of a ride! Anne Hathaway is great! Who knew?"

The only thing that has changed in the intervening year is that I now appreciate Hardy's Bane more. I came out thinking he just did not live up to Ledger, though I knew it was its own thing. Now, I see that while still no Joker, his Bane is iconic in its own weird way. That sneaked up on me.

Otherwise, nothing has changed. Though I see the fan community moving farther away from it every passing day. Sad but true.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

My issues with the movie was with the script, not the fact that it constantly changed aspect ratios...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I was super hyped for The Dark Knight Rises and wanted to love it but only ended up kinda liking it because of the cast performances. The screen had nothing to do with my underwhelmed reaction to the picture. Maybe when I get around to watching it for a second time it will play better and maybe it won't. When I feel like watching it again we will see what my opinion is.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote