The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 09-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #1
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Default Future TV shows from Marvel?

Now that WB has aggressively plowing full-steam ahead with not just Arrow's season 2, but also a spin-off (Flash) and a series based on Commissioner Gordon in the works, all of a sudden it seems like Marvel is a bit lagging behind with just the premiere of AOS. However, with ABC signaling that they're interested in more shows based on Marvel's superheroes and Cinematic Universe, we probably won't see AOS being the lone wolf from the House of Ideas for long.

Aside from the rumored development of Agent Carter, what other Marvel series do you think will premiere in the near future? Here are some possibilities:

Daredevil
Moon Knight
Heroes for Hire
AKA Jessica Jones (although I heard it's been shelved)
Cloak and Dagger
The Runaways

What do you think?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #2
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Default Re: Future TV shows from Marvel?

Eh, i don't think Marvel particularly cares what WB/DC is up to, and they shouldn't. Marvel Studios is a much smaller entity than WB and they probably don't want to spread their resources too thin over a gang of TV shows. I assume they are fully focused on making AoS as successful as it can be right now, and then go from there. I doubt we'll see more than 2 Marvel TV shows on simultaneously.

However i do think Heroes for hire is a perfect setup for a TV show though.

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Well I wouldn't say Marvel is lagging behind with only AOS, since it's a bigger concept than any of those shows and ties-in with their movie universe. I'd honestly say DC has to do all those shows just to keep up with Marvel.

But, aside from Agent Carter, I think you listed all the shows I would think are best for TV (all the most obvious anyway). I wouldn't mind seeing a Punisher show eventually. It doesn't have to air on ABC or a Disney channel.

The one I want to see the most is Daredevil though.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #4
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I want to see Heroes for Hire and Young Avengers.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:28 AM   #5
Dr. Evil
Gamora

If it ties into MCU:

- Heroes for Hire
- Daredevil

If not, my picks for animated series, possibly via ABC Family or Disney Channel:

- Power Pack
- Runaways

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:59 AM   #6
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Marvel's main focus is on the films, obviously. They have a different set-up to DC, where they and WB are pretty much one in the same thing. I'm sure they'll want to see how AoS performs first. What if it's cancelled after 6 shows, or even a year? They may not want to get into the TV business for awhile and just focus on the MCU.

A Daredevil TV show is a bad idea on network TV. That needs to be Showtime or HBO, etc. But even then, DD is a neo-noir film franchise with a ton of potential.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 09-25-2013 at 03:13 AM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:53 AM   #7
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

Street Level Heroes like DareDevil!

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:22 AM   #8
Mr. Dent
Banned User

No one said it had to be on network television.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #9
Silvermoth
Avenger

Seriously, no-one has said she hulk yet?

Brilliant character, brilliant stories, brilliant potential and he chance to synch it up meaningfully to 'the avengers 2'

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #10
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Daredevil.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
Lord
All Mighty

Guillermo Del Toro's The Incredible Hulk

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
smallville fan
Hero

Daredevil!!

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #13
Loki882
Side-Kick

Daredevil, Heroes for Hire, the Runaways.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #14
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Daredevil and Iron Fist are too good for TV. TV is okay for POS like SHIELD, but not for them.

The only show they need to do is a new X-Men animated series.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #15
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Daredevil and Iron Fist are too good for TV. TV is okay for POS like SHIELD, but not for them.

Disney/Marvel will put a new X-Men animated series into production just as soon as the film rights revert.

My dream for a Marvel TV show? Heroes for Hire, starring Luke Cage, Danny Rand, Misty Knight and Colleen Wing. And featuring team attorney Matt Murdock, who, from time to time, both teams up with and clashes with the HFH group in the guise of his alter-ego.

Last edited by Zarex; 09-25-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #16
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Heroes for Hire would have been the property I put on TV before anything. Now we wait and see how AoS does. It's yet to be determined if expanding the MCU on television is a good thing. Sounds great on paper but if the shows don't succeed then it may end up hurting the big boys on film.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #17
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

The question would be if Marvel wants to put DD on cable, or create an MCU crossover block on ABC. They may look at Arrow and think that tone could work for DD. If thats the case then it's more then a far cry from film.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #18
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Disney/Marvel will put a new X-Men animated series into production just as soon as the film rights revert.
Film has nothing to do with it. They have a Spider-Man cartoon even though the movie rights are elsewhere.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #19
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Film has nothing to do with it. They have a Spider-Man cartoon even though the movie rights are elsewhere.

The difference is Disney/Marvel is making hundreds of millions of dollars annually from Spidey.

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #20
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
The difference is Disney/Marvel is making hundreds of millions of dollars annually from Spidey.
From Animation, Merchandise and Comics. Same can or does apply to X-Men

Old 10-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #21
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:

Yes, only POS are good for TV. Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, The Blacklist, Homeland. Boy are those shows crap.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #22
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I would like to see it be (excluding Agent Carter):

- Heroes for Hire
- Punisher
- Daredevil
- Runaways
- Thunderbolts (if not Runaways)

And there could be connections to MCU without connecting to Shield. The ways this can happen:

Jennifer "She Hulk" Walters: She can either appear in Daredevil or Heroes for Hire. She's Bruce Banner's cousin, so there would be the MCU connection. She doesn't have to be She Hulk right off the bat. She can be the attorney for Heroes for Hire or oppose Matt Murdock in cases.

Misty Knight: We all know that in the comics, her bionic arm was made by Tony Stark. This could be mentioned on Heroes for Hire. They could also add a bonus by having that arm be made of Vibranium.

Victor Mancha: In the comics, his father is Ultron, who will be played by James Spader in the next Avengers movie. If he's not in Runaways, they will probably figure out a way to connect Runaways to MCU.

Punisher's Military Background: In the comics, he's a former member of the Marines. In MCU, they can make him a former member of the Air Force and make mention that he was once in the same unit as James Rhodes.

Thunderbolts: Several members of the group are already in MCU: Hawkeye, Black Widow, Crossbones, Betty Ross, General Ross and Samuel Sterns. They can also throw The Punisher into the group.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 10-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #23
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yes, only POS are good for TV. Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, The Blacklist, Homeland. Boy are those shows crap.
I had a little debate with him about the MCU over on the Spider-Man forum. He believes that the entire MCU revolves around Shield. I told him that it does not revolve around Shield and Thor: The Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy prove that and that Inhumans, Ant Man and Dr. Strange probably won't have any Shield connections either.

He didn't believe me. I guess we'll see when Thor: The Dark World comes out. I will most likely be right in the fact that Shield isn't going to be involved in TDW, because I don't see any reason that they would be. Same for Guardians. Plus, the connection between the MCU and the Inhumans is probably going to involve the appearance of Aaron Taylor Johnson and (maybe) Elizabeth Olsen.

If Ant Man faces off against AIM rather than a single villain, there's that film's connection to the rest of the MCU.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #24
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I had a little debate with him about the MCU over on the Spider-Man forum. He believes that the entire MCU revolves around Shield. I told him that it does not revolve around Shield and Thor: The Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy prove that and that Inhumans, Ant Man and Dr. Strange probably won't have any Shield connections either.

He didn't believe me. I guess we'll see when Thor: The Dark World comes out. I will most likely be right in the fact that Shield isn't going to be involved in TDW, because I don't see any reason that they would be. Same for Guardians. Plus, the connection between the MCU and the Inhumans is probably going to involve the appearance of Aaron Taylor Johnson and (maybe) Elizabeth Olsen.

If Ant Man faces off against AIM rather than a single villain, there's that film's connection to the rest of the MCU.
The connection between the MCU and the Inhumans will probably be the Kree. They'll be in Guardians of the Galaxy, and of course they're the aliens that put the Inhumans on Earth.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #25
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
The connection between the MCU and the Inhumans will probably be the Kree. They'll be in Guardians of the Galaxy, and of course they're the aliens that put the Inhumans on Earth.
As the film progresses though, there's a chance we may see the Twins though or at least Quicksilver.

I don't see one of the TV shows revolving around Loki.