The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie
10 2 5.71%
9 9 25.71%
8 12 34.29%
7 7 20.00%
6 3 8.57%
5 1 2.86%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,565
Default Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE

Please no flaming each other.

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 5,340
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE

this discussion is getting ridiculous

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
TTFN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 126
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
this discussion is getting ridiculous
Standing O.

TTFN is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,085
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Did I ever say I didn't find the humor in Thor 2 funny ? I laughed at all of it my friend. But if you had read my post you would know I was talking about the actual USE of it. The jokes in Thor are funny but HOW it is used is not subject to opinion because it's a fact that the humor is more subtle and reserved in the Dark Knight Trilogy. And that's more my style.
Well judging by your username, I'm not at all surprised by that comment actually.

TeeKay is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,998
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
It doesn't change that with the kind of pseudo-analysis you're making it's just pubertal thinking.


Nice try, talking about something else than what I wrote.

You're free to bring up those things for discussion though. It would be more rewarding than your little attempts at trying to come off superior.
I talk about the excess characters, inconsistent tone and poor world-building in my review, and the misuse of humour and surplus of failed jokes was only one paragraph, I think. We're discussing the jokes more because it's a point I made that other people in the thread were already discussing extensively, so it was picked up on.

As for trying to come off as superior... you misunderstand completely. I don't consider myself superior because I myself found those jokes funny when I was in the target age group (males aged 6-20, approximately). It 's not superiority, it's about being in a different life stage, and therefore the jokes don't resonate with me as much since I'm 29. Being 29 is not superior to being 14, it's different.

I explicitly acknowledged that the fact this movie does appeal to a demographic group (pre-teen and teenage boys) does make it a good movie, in and of itself, because you can't appeal to everybody and appealing to just one core group is a success. However, since I'm not part of that demographic group, I don't like it.

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
J.Howlett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Thor The Dark World is "monster of the week" episode in continuing adventures of the MCU that finally reveals what the MCU has essentially become; very expensive, cinematic television for the big screen.

In essence, the plot of this film is meaningless. This film is all about getting to the final moment of the film; to ultimately set up a film that could be biblical, if Feige loosen up the reins.

This is Loki's story. It is not Thor's. Thor's basically doing his duty through out the film with no issues whatsoever, except for how it affects his beloved, Jane. This film is all about the continuing, interesting, and endearing relationship between the family at the heart of this universe. Everything else is window dressing. The heart is Thor and Loki and this film is pure set up to what could be the most emotional MCU film, when it does get made.

The chemistry and charm of the cast is what carries this film, just like the first. Hemsworth and Hiddleston and Hemsworth and Portman are fantastic together. Add in a little Rene Russo, who has chemistry with everyone, and it's just fun watching the Odison family interact.

The aesthetics of this film are the best of the MCU, by far. Mr. Taylor flat out nailed the look and feel of this film. Top marks all away around.

Sadly, he's let down by the script and the editing perimeters of Feige and the Marvel brass. One of the perimeters, which really hurt Iron Man Three, is the comedy. Frankly, it's funny. But, the problem is that the humor is completely misplaced in the 2nd half of the picture. I was kind of stunned with the momentum the film was having that they'd cross cut back to scenes where the humor was the most important element of the scene while the stakes got raised exponentially. The only reason why I'm not ripping the film apart on this aspect in comparison to Iron Man Three is the simple fact that the humor isn't smug or condescending. It's just forced in a number of spots where it had no reason to be there.

It's better than the first film just on the visual look of the film alone but like that first film, it sort of feels like a film Marvel had to get through in order to get to the tale that they really want to. I think that is Thor 3 but I can't begin to guess anymore.

I'll gladly watch it again because I love this cast in this world. I mostly love Taylor's direction. But, I wish they were all given more to do with more weight to the proceedings.

Marvel Studios kind of squandered the potential of this film...kind of.

Just my opinion, of course.

 
Old 11-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
TTFN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 126
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Thor The Dark World is "monster of the week" episode in continuing adventures of the MCU that finally reveals what the MCU has essentially become; very expensive, cinematic television for the big screen.

In essence, the plot of this film is meaningless. This film is all about getting to the final moment of the film; to ultimately set up a film that could be biblical, if Feige loosen up the reins.

This is Loki's story. It is not Thor's. Thor's basically doing his duty through out the film with no issues whatsoever, except for how it affects his beloved, Jane. This film is all about the continuing, interesting, and endearing relationship between the family at the heart of this universe. Everything else is window dressing. The heart is Thor and Loki and this film is pure set up to what could be the most emotional MCU film, when it does get made.

The chemistry and charm of the cast is what carries this film, just like the first. Hemsworth and Hiddleston and Hemsworth and Portman are fantastic together. Add in a little Rene Russo, who has chemistry with everyone, and it's just fun watching the Odison family interact.

The aesthetics of this film are the best of the MCU, by far. Mr. Taylor flat out nailed the look and feel of this film. Top marks all away around.

Sadly, he's let down by the script and the editing perimeters of Feige and the Marvel brass. One of the perimeters, which really hurt Iron Man Three, is the comedy. Frankly, it's funny. But, the problem is that the humor is completely misplaced in the 2nd half of the picture. I was kind of stunned with the momentum the film was having that they'd cross cut back to scenes where the humor was the most important element of the scene while the stakes got raised exponentially. The only reason why I'm not ripping the film apart on this aspect in comparison to Iron Man Three is the simple fact that the humor isn't smug or condescending. It's just forced in a number of spots where it had no reason to be there.

It's better than the first film just on the visual look of the film alone but like that first film, it sort of feels like a film Marvel had to get through in order to get to the tale that they really want to. I think that is Thor 3 but I can't begin to guess anymore.

I'll gladly watch it again because I love this cast in this world. I mostly love Taylor's direction. But, I wish they were all given more to do with more weight to the proceedings.

Marvel Studios kind of squandered the potential of this film...kind of.

Just my opinion, of course.
YES!! Except I don't think this is Loki's story. I think it's more of an ensemble if that makes sense.

TTFN is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
J.Howlett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFN View Post
YES!! Except I don't think this is Loki's story. I think it's more of an ensemble if that makes sense.
It's the continuing push and pull of Loki and Thor's relationship. That's really the film.

 
Old 11-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
TTFN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 126
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
It's the continuing push and pull of Loki and Thor's relationship. That's really the film.
IDA with that. Yes, it's in there and is a factor towards the last part but until
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the break in of Malekith, Thor didn't even think of Loki. He was going through the motions of securing the realm and moping about Jane. He and Loki hadn't even seen each other since he delivered him to Odin. Honestly, I don't know that there is a central "theme" to this movie which could be one of the problems. Once they left Asgard, they got their talk but to me it fell flat. Loki is jealous of Thor blah blah blah. We know that already. Even Loki's sacrifice wasn't deep. I knew before the movie got going he would do anything to keep Thor off the throne if given the opportunity.

TTFN is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,085
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I talk about the excess characters, inconsistent tone and poor world-building in my review, and the misuse of humour and surplus of failed jokes was only one paragraph, I think. We're discussing the jokes more because it's a point I made that other people in the thread were already discussing extensively, so it was picked up on.

As for trying to come off as superior... you misunderstand completely. I don't consider myself superior because I myself found those jokes funny when I was in the target age group (males aged 6-20, approximately). It 's not superiority, it's about being in a different life stage, and therefore the jokes don't resonate with me as much since I'm 29. Being 29 is not superior to being 14, it's different.

I explicitly acknowledged that the fact this movie does appeal to a demographic group (pre-teen and teenage boys) does make it a good movie, in and of itself, because you can't appeal to everybody and appealing to just one core group is a success.
You basically said anyone who likes the humour in this movie is either a teenager or thinks like one. That's insulting mate. This movies are made for the general audience that includes people from all walks of life buddy. That comment you made is nonsensical and insulting to say the least.

TeeKay is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,847
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I talk about the excess characters, inconsistent tone and poor world-building in my review, and the misuse of humour and surplus of failed jokes was only one paragraph, I think. We're discussing the jokes more because it's a point I made that other people in the thread were already discussing extensively, so it was picked up on.

As for trying to come off as superior... you misunderstand completely. I don't consider myself superior because I myself found those jokes funny when I was in the target age group (males aged 6-20, approximately). It 's not superiority, it's about being in a different life stage, and therefore the jokes don't resonate with me as much since I'm 29. Being 29 is not superior to being 14, it's different.

I explicitly acknowledged that the fact this movie does appeal to a demographic group (pre-teen and teenage boys) does make it a good movie, in and of itself, because you can't appeal to everybody and appealing to just one core group is a success. However, since I'm not part of that demographic group, I don't like it.
I don't remember complaining about any excess characters in MoS. What I complained about in inconsistency was mainly saying one thing, showing another, which primarily ties into the world building (Krypton). I didn't find the same in TDW.

Trying to come off as superior is the only reason I can see as it's otherwise just nonsense. I've seen all ages laugh at silly jokes, it's not tied to an age group. Saying that someone acts like a child has always been a way to diminish the other person as well.

As for catering to demographics I find it irrelevant to what's a good movie because I only care what's relevant to me, which would be my own opinion. I think trying to find objective ways to judge movies is pointless.

Mjölnir is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #13
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,998
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
As for catering to demographics I find it irrelevant to what's a good movie because I only care what's relevant to me, which would be my own opinion. I think trying to find objective ways to judge movies is pointless.
I disagree. If you can nail one demographic group, I think you've made a good film. It's hard (impossible?) to appeal to everybody.

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #14
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,847
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I disagree. If you can nail one demographic group, I think you've made a good film. It's hard (impossible?) to appeal to everybody.
You might have made a financially successful film but "good" is by definition subjective. There are no established rules for what constitutes a good film.

You can of course still think that makes it a good film. I hope my point gets across.

Mjölnir is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,998
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
You might have made a financially successful film but "good" is by definition subjective. There are no established rules for what constitutes a good film.
OK.

Anyway, since you don't want to talk about the humour in the film, I'll bring up something else from my review.

1) I knew that Loki's betrayal of Thor was an act on the spot, and I don't normally catch plot twists that well. Is that not bad?
2) How does crazy scientist streaking naked outside stonehenge advance the plot? Let's leave aside the question of whether or not it's funny.
3) At the end of the movie, we learn that Thor's father Odin is missing, and I have no idea what happened. It's effectively an after-the-credits scene done before the credits, for a total of three after-the-credits scene... can Marvel please take a break and focus on telling one story at a time? There was a huge focus on mythology building in this movie, to benefit other movies, but what about benefiting this movie? Why not have more dialogue among the dark elves?

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #16
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster
 
CosmicPinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: German by birth
Posts: 2,810
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

You're still coming off as superior. You're implying that it's kid humor instead of adult humor and people who laugh at kid humor would have that same maturity. Which is ridiculous. Have you never laughed at a kid movie? Shrek? Despicable Me? Lay off.

CosmicPinchy is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #17
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,998
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
You're still coming off as superior. You're implying that it's kid humor instead of adult humor and people who laugh at kid humor would have that same maturity. Which is ridiculous. Have you never laughed at a kid movie? Shrek? Despicable Me? Lay off.
I didn't see Despicable Me, but I've laughed at some of the animated movies. I laughed at Shrek and Ratatouille and Up. Some of the people who work at Dreamworks and Pixar are extremely talented, they manage to make "kids movies" that are actually very appealing to adults. If "Up" was purely a kids movie it would not have been nominated for best picture.

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #18
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,321
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Don't you read CosmicPinchy ? Or do you just not know the difference between a funny joke when the situation allows it and a funny joke in completely inappropriate moments ? They're both funny but the latter is misplaced and often becomes a detriment to the narrative.

I especially like how you attack me but not TeeKay for making a mockery of my claiming to like the Dark Knight trilogy use of humor more with his laughing Michael Jordan gif.

__________________
"Can't I just keep pretending I'm your son ?"

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Ultra Nolanite is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #19
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,998
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Don't you read CosmicPinchy ? Or do you just not know the difference between a funny joke when the situation allows it and a funny joke in completely inappropriate moments ? They're both funny but the latter is misplaced and often becomes a detriment to the narrative.

I especially like how you attack me but not TeeKay for making a mockery of my claiming to like the Dark Knight trilogy use of humor more with his laughing Michael Jordan gif.
Can you think of a situation where a crazy scientist streaking near stonehenge for no reason would be funny?

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #20
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,321
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Can you think of a situation where a crazy scientist streaking near stonehenge for no reason would be funny?
No not really, but I don't wanna get threadlynched by these guys for not absolutely loving every scene in this movie so I just laugh with a tear in my eye.

__________________
"Can't I just keep pretending I'm your son ?"

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Ultra Nolanite is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #21
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster
 
CosmicPinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: German by birth
Posts: 2,810
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
No not really, but I don't wanna get threadlynched by these guys for not absolutely loving every scene in this movie so I just laugh with a tear in my eye.

Give me a break. You're fixated on the humor aspect and your arguments against it fall short. You're not even bringing up other aspects of the film so you have no idea how we would react to other criticisms. Feel free to talk about something else for once.

CosmicPinchy is offline  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #22
fantasymoon
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 18
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Saw it at 4:00 p.m. today. Will be going with someone (who is completely unspoiled) for a night showing tomorrow. I spoiled myself rotten a week or so ago so nothing surprised me.

Likes

I liked Malkeith(probably spelled that wrong and yes you read that right lol). Was he the most developed thing? No. However, he and kurse were what I have been waiting for in a villain (sorry loki). They were deliciously intimidating and menacing. They killed Thor's family. That's how I like my bad guys make it coldly personal. They both didn't have much depth, but they had a tension filled presence when they were on screen and I loved it.

I loved the language. It was so darkly delicious sounding. Like an evil version of the tongue of the LOTR elves. They could have kept speaking like that the entire movie and I would not have minded at all. Keep talking Malkeith. Keep talking lol. I also liked how demonic he sounded when he spoke normally and I like his design as well. Overall I loved what I saw of him. All more characterization is going to do for me is make me like him even more.

Frigga was badass. I loved her confrontation with Malkeith. Their dialogue to one another and the fight scene was exquisite.


Loki- Overall I liked the character yet again and he is the sole reason I went to the theater to see this. I saw Thor and the Avengers on netflix. He has such a strong presence that the screen feels empty when he isn't on it. His overall characterization and agency felt more at home here. Like this is the real continuation of Loki from Thor 1 instead of that pathetic comedic mess he was written as in the avengers.

However, if I have to say one bad thing about him here is that his playfulness and sass was portrayed a little to camp at points like in Avengers. I prefer the more subdued playful /sassy Loki from the first Thor. This movie just proved to me yet again that Loki is treated better as a character in the Thor movies. Also on a shallow note good lord is Loki attractive. I mean I've always thought so since the first Thor, but damn.

Even though from a writing standpoint I preferred him to stay dead I must admit I smiled when he showed himself at the end sitting on the throne of asgard as king once more. The trickster has out tricked everyone once again. For now.


Asgard was beautiful. It was so in the first one as well, but it looked more lived in here.

Graphics were gorgeous. Especially loved how the aerther looked and how badass malekeith used it and Jane’s creepy eyes.

Misplaced comedy aside I enjoyed the final battle. Those are the ones I like one on one with powers flying everywhere.

Jane actually had a point in the end.

Thor was more mature here. I like him, but I always have since the first.

Acting overall was good.

I loved the ending credit artwork.

Dislike:

Now since I’ve seen it in my opinion the overall comedy wasn’t the problem it was the execution of it that was. The big ones for me were frigga dies and lets cut straight away to crazy selvig. Or loki dies and literally right after ohh I know lets go in a cave and have a phone call. Oh how about the brothers have an emotional argument on the boat ohh I know let’s cut right to ‘funny’ earth characters. Then there’s the whole universe about to be turned to **** ohh lets catch a train, slide down the window making funny faces with the villain, more earth comic relief characters saying their ‘funny’ lines as your hammer tries to reach you etc.

This brings me to my biggest problem in the movie. There was a severe lack of emotional impact. Frigga had a beautiful funeral. Sad music and just gorgeous visually, and yet I didn’t care. Couldn’t care. Neither did the main characters it seems. I thought Sif, and the background characters, at the funeral showed more emotion then frigga’s freaking son and husband. I also felt nothing at Loki’s death. I adore him and yet I didn’t care. Same with the fight on the boat. We aren’t given time to linger and soak in what just happened and the characters aren’t either. Thor loses his mother and brother in the span on a few days and he didn’t seem like he overall gave a ****, and don’t get me started on Jane’s complete lack of giving a damn.

A bit character like Coulson had several emotional soak in scenes right after his death, but a main character like Thor doesn’t get the same luxury for his mother and brother?! Insanity. The emotional scenes just flew past while the earth and funny got to keep on strutting. Transitions from emotional to earth/funny were off big time. More time should have been done on the emotional scenes and less on the latter.

Which brings me to…

Earth- more tolerable then the first one, but overall still the most boring part of the thor movies. If they can’t (or won’t) get rid of earth, at least in his movies, then please tone it down. Just like the first film the most exciting and character driven scenes happened on asgard and the other worlds. Not ours. Leave earth for the avenger’s team-ups.

Also special mention to Ian he didn’t bother me persay It’s just I kept having a big question mark on my head every time he was on screen.

Thor/Jane- I just can’t with these two. God help me but their ‘romance’ was more believable (I’m stretching as far as I can go) in the first one.

The dialogue was off for me. It was clunky in parts and cheesy. I definitely preferred the first thor’s.

As someone who cares not one bit about guardians of the galaxy I can't say the mid credit scene bothered me as a fan,but as a plain viewer that was an atrocious looking scene. It looked like it came from the worst of the scifi channel. If this is a hint to what the movie will look and play like then I sense marvels first bomb.

End credit was meh to.

Overall this movie did the visuals and action better than the first, but it missed the boat on the most important thing to me. A soul.

6.5/10

fantasymoon is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #23
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,085
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Don't you read CosmicPinchy ? Or do you just not know the difference between a funny joke when the situation allows it and a funny joke in completely inappropriate moments ? They're both funny but the latter is misplaced and often becomes a detriment to the narrative.

I especially like how you attack me but not TeeKay for making a mockery of my claiming to like the Dark Knight trilogy use of humor more with his laughing Michael Jordan gif.
I laughed because that post was funny despite me acknowledging it was your opinion and other things I said in that post. What I found funny was that you said TDK trilogy is the only CBMs with better humour than any other CBM out there. But of course it'd your opinion but on the other hand your username says a lot. Sorry If my gif offended you. I'm truly sorry.

TeeKay is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #24
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster
 
CosmicPinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: German by birth
Posts: 2,810
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Don't you read CosmicPinchy ? Or do you just not know the difference between a funny joke when the situation allows it and a funny joke in completely inappropriate moments ? They're both funny but the latter is misplaced and often becomes a detriment to the narrative.

I especially like how you attack me but not TeeKay for making a mockery of my claiming to like the Dark Knight trilogy use of humor more with his laughing Michael Jordan gif.
Because you're in a Marvel area, on a Thor thread, judging the movie and insulting people. That's what I'm attacking you. You're being a douche.

It's your opinion about the humor, but you're coming across as if it's fact. It's not. The air of superiority around you is ridiculous.

CosmicPinchy is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #25
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,998
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
Because you're in a Marvel area, on a Thor thread, judging the movie and insulting people. That's what I'm attacking you. You're being a douche.

It's your opinion about the humor, but you're coming across as if it's fact. It's not. The air of superiority around you is ridiculous.
I can't speak for ultra nolanite but some of us don't care about DC vs Marvel, I think it's overblown. I enjoyed the first hulk movie, the first iron man, the first thor, the first two spider man movies, first class, and blade II quite well. I also enjoyed the Nolan films, Watchmen, and some of the DCAU features.

DA_Champion is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.