- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-17-2014, 11:13 PM   #4
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Not one that makes me giggle like this one does.
Heh! The only scene I can think of fropm Star Wars that truly fits the "In before lock" theme is Han hurdling the blast doors as they close in ANH.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #5
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 8

I was gonna put this in a PM but I'll just do it openly.

@Solidus and Whiskey; My intention was never about branding EVERY OT only fan, and yes my post contained an antagonistic tone I admit. My reason being that every time a change was made to the OT it was defecated on, no matter how minor it was, but change a major chunk of the 6 film saga that was developed largely in the PT, and it's fine, great in fact, the double standard coupled with my love of AOTC and Boba Fett rubbed my rhubarb.

Me bringing up your posting style elsewhere Whiskey was because you took my post out of context and accused me of doing something you do all the time, which is post brashly based off emotion. Then you brought me being red into it which always pisses me off as I never use that as leverage, it's my cardinal rule.

It was never meant to get personal, like I say Whiskey I've went to bat for you because while you can often be abrasive, it comes from a place of passion and positivity, and Solidus, we go back nearly ten years, I hope you realize there was no beef from my side, simply a passionate disagreement.

If anyone was offended or upset with my posts, I apologize but feel free to report it, we have an independent staff and I'm not bulletproof, I stand by my posts but others may feel I crossed a line.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-17-2014, 11:32 PM   #6
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

@Solidus and Whiskey; My intention was never about branding EVERY OT only fan, and yes my post contained an antagonistic tone I admit. My reason being that every time a change was made to the OT it was defecated on, no matter how minor it was, but change a major chunk of the 6 film saga that was developed largely in the PT, and it's fine, great in fact, the double standard coupled with my love of AOTC and Boba Fett rubbed my rhubarb.

Me bringing up your posting style elsewhere Whiskey was because you took my post out of context and accused me of doing something you do all the time, which is post brashly based off emotion. Then you brought me being red into it which always pisses me off as I never use that as leverage, it's my cardinal rule.

It was never meant to get personal, like I say Whiskey I've went to bat for you because while you can often be abrasive, it comes from a place of passion and positivity, and Solidus, we go back nearly ten years, I hope you realize there was no beef from my side, simply a passionate disagreement.

If anyone was offended or upset with my posts, I apologize but feel free to report it, we have an independent staff and I'm not bulletproof, I stand by my posts but others may feel I crossed a line.
It's fine, we all are passionate about SW and what we love. And we may see things very differently. I mean hey you showed me TCW and I liked that.

It is a double edged sword I guess. Or lightsaber for that matter. Because a lot of us had to deal with changes to what we loved for years, but it still did not stop me from loving what was there. Nor do I think it will stop you from loving what you like about Boba. Regardless it still keeps all that he did in the PT intact.

But it's okay, I'm not reporting anything, it was just an intense passion filled conversation, like I said with SW it happens.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:38 PM   #7
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's cool, amigo. I'm the very first person to admit that I am a huge dick head, often with great vigor and frequency. Calling me 'abrasive' is putting it lightly. And pulling the red card was a jerkstore cheap shot and I shouldn't have went there.

No reports here, except the usual dozen I file against Sawyer every day just for giggles.

We're all SW fans in the end. Now, who's up for sneaking over to one of the Star Trek threads and stealing those a-holes mascot?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 01-17-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #8
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

The paradigm of the prequel trilogy fans mirrors that of those such as myself who like the Hobbit trilogy: one wades through a never-ending stream of hate towards the films and constant insinuations of having less cultural currency than the elitist-Tolkien fans.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #9
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Well I've heard the BVS forums are pure anarchy right now. I'm weary to go over there and see what's going on. Is it safe?

Old 01-17-2014, 11:45 PM   #10
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Well I've heard the BVS forums are pure anarchy right now. I'm weary to go over there and see what's going on. Is it safe?
It's better than it was 2-3 hours ago.

I think people's spirits for that movie and for eventual JL are just utterly broken.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:30 AM   #11
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
It was a bloodbath all damn day. Now, most of the madness has given way to say... impassioned reasoning? Think of the Jedi Council forums when the "Arndt out, Abrams/Kasdan in" news broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post

I think people's spirits for that movie and for eventual JL are just utterly broken.
Yeah, that about describes how I feel about that.

On that note, Episode VII now has nobody nipping at it's heels for my 'Most Anticipated Movie of 2015' spot.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #12
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Is this due to pushing the date back? I don't see the big concern, I mean I get the frustration as I want to see the film as well, but I don't see anything to worry about.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #13
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Good..Good..I can feel the hate of the BvS.
I thought I smelt burning over there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post

Ah I see.

Quote:
Ah TCW, it's kinda like the ultimate meeting of SW fans, both OT, PT and entire saga fans seem to like the show!

The thing that will irritate me until I'm 6 feet under will be that Boba would be two different people, but nothing is anything but a LR rumnour for now, so I'll remain hopeful! At the end of the day nothing will change me loving Star Wars as a whole though.

Sith happens!

We all have our flaws man, at least when we recognize them we can try to work around em.

Sawyer finds his way into everything!

I'm inl, although Solidus may be on the fence as he's a Trekkie as well! :
Oh I love Trek...but my love for SW knows no bounds, and surpasses it by light years.

Quote:
Is this due to pushing the date back? I don't see the big concern, I mean I get the frustration as I want to see the film as well, but I don't see anything to worry about.
Ya, I see it as a good thing to take more time on it, ya it does suck to wait longer. But I saw some of the early stuff when that news broke over there, and wow. It was intense it seemed.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:09 AM   #14
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Quote:
I'd stay out of there for a few months or at least until May 2016.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:24 AM   #15
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
I'd stay out of there for a few months or at least until May 2016.

LOL Maybe I should.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #16
Octoberist
point blank

Good..Good..I can feel the hate of the BvS.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #17
Octoberist
point blank

It's funny how some even accused WB and Snyder of being cowards.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:03 AM   #18
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I am starting to warm up to the Boba Fett spin off.

P.S If Ewan McGregor plays Force ghost Obi Wan in episode 7, they better use makeup to make him look like OT Obi Wan, played amazing by the late, great, Alec Guinness .

Old 01-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #19
GeoMFilms
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
I am starting to warm up to the Boba Fett spin off.

P.S If Ewan McGregor plays Force ghost Obi Wan in episode 7, they better use makeup to make him look like OT Obi Wan, played amazing by the late, great, Alec Guinness .
I don't see why Obi Wan couldn't just choose to look younger.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:35 AM   #20
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Thank **** I slept through the massacre that was the Batman/Superman boards last night.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 01-18-2014, 04:34 AM   #21
Wheels
HR Supporter

Episode VII is THE move of 2015 now in my opinion. I mean I'm sure Avengers 2 will be good, but we're talking the first post-Jedi Star Wars movie here. It's not even close in terms of my anticipation.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 01-18-2014, 05:30 AM   #22
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Episode VII is THE move of 2015 now in my opinion. I mean I'm sure Avengers 2 will be good, but we're talking the first post-Jedi Star Wars movie here. It's not even close in terms of my anticipation.
Definitely, I do have certain worries about the film but it isn't related to the film at all but my love of the Expanded Universe. Either way it's going to be exciting!

Old 01-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #23
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
I'm just curious as to how this will fare with teenagers.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:27 PM   #24
random_havoc
Last Remaining Sentry Fan

Quote:
No. No no no no no.
In sales, it'll probably beat out the Avengers because even the terrible episodes 1,2 and 3 did incredibly well for some reason. But Abrams is nowhere near as good as Whedon, and the director is going to have the most significant impact on the quality of the movie.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:45 PM   #25
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_havoc View Post
No. No no no no no.
In sales, it'll probably beat out the Avengers because even the terrible episodes 1,2 and 3 did incredibly well for some reason. But Abrams is nowhere near as good as Whedon, and the director is going to have the most significant impact on the quality of the movie.
I disagree that Whedon is clearly better than Abrams. If you think he's better then that's fine.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Closed Thread