The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
Morti
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I loved the Cerebro effect. In X1 when locating Rogue it was fantastic
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but to me the photo looked more like the X2 cerebro effect than the X1 cerebro effect. They were a bit different, were they not?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Yes and X2 had the best Cerebro effects IMO so I'm not complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 02-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #5
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

It's not surprising Bryan Singer wants connections to DOFP with the best X-Men film X2

It's been said DOFP will have connections to both X-Men and X2 as well as First Class.

You have sub-basement level and cerebro very much like trilogy.A cerebro effect like X2.Mystique looking more like she did In Trilogy than FC.Magneto In prison envokes X2.A mystique attack which may draw allusions to Nightcrawler's white house attack In X2.A pic showing a sexy Jennifer Lawrence in 70's clothes hint at a scene which recalls Rebecca Romijn In bar In X2 outside of blue makeup.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #6
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It's not surprising Bryan Singer wants connections to DOFP with the best X-Men film X2

It's been said DOFP will have connections to both X-Men and X2 as well as First Class.

You have sub-basement level and cerebro very much like trilogy.A cerebro effect like X2.Mystique looking more like she did In Trilogy than FC.Magneto In prison envokes X2.A mystique attack which may draw allusions to Nightcrawler's white house attack In X2.A pic showing a sexy Jennifer Lawrence in 70's clothes hint at a scene which recalls Rebecca Romijn In bar In X2 outside of blue makeup.
And toads design is a hint to... Erm.. X1 toad? Ok that one doesn't quite fit :/

Honestly I wouldn't try and look for a formular here with all these things, singer isn't trying to replicate ideas from X2 because that would be lazy, a lot of this likely comes with the story and characters and not just well that worked so let's do it again

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-11-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #7
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
And toads design is a hint to... Erm.. X1 toad? Ok that one doesn't quite fit :/

Honestly I wouldn't try and look for a formular here with all these things, singer isn't trying to replicate ideas from X2 because that would be lazy, a lot of this likely comes with the story and characters and not just well that worked so let's do it again
It's not like Toad doesn't have a history of totally having appearance changed

Old 02-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #8
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's not like Toad doesn't have a history of totally having appearance changed
whether thats true or not it doesn't match with your theory in your previous post that singer was trying to match everything, obviously not saying singer isn't trying to match some stuff but probably not to the degree i think you may be thinking

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-11-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #9
Rike
Something strange here?

"There are probably a hundred of subtle allusions to X1 and X2 and First Class" - Kinberg
"It's interesting: you're changing the history by changing the past, but you're bringing the characters closer to what they become in X-Men 1, 2 and even 3" - Singer

Old 02-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #10
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
"There are probably a hundred of subtle allusions to X1 and X2 and First Class" - Kinberg
as a whole yeah that makes sense, probably wouldn't expect anything less having both casts involved

when it comes to subtle nods or mentions i'm curious about while we have had FC kinda giving nods to the OT in X-men First class and probably get more in this one, i'm curious whether the OT or at least older xavier & magneto will nod back to FC in DOFP or whether they won't break that wall and keep the timelines storys seperate given the whole raven/mystique situation

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-11-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #11
Rike
Something strange here?

Quote:
as a whole yeah that makes sense, probably wouldn't expect anything less having both casts involved

when it comes to subtle nods or mentions i'm curious about while we have had FC kinda giving nods to the OT in X-men First class and probably get more in this one, i'm curious whether the OT or at least older xavier & magneto will nod back to FC in DOFP or whether they won't break that wall and keep the timelines storys seperate given the whole raven/mystique situation
Some references to First Class in 2023 would be pretty cool. We are yet to see old Prof X talk about Mystique, since she was his foster-sister.

Last edited by Rike; 02-11-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #12
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Yes and X2 had the best Cerebro effects IMO so I'm not complaining.
Correct.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #13
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

^ I'd love some references to FC.

What was rather brilliant about the Mystique/Charles relationship was that it changed nothing in the OT (since they never met face to face) but was rather big.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 02-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #14
Rike
Something strange here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
^ I'd love some references to FC.

What was rather brilliant about the Mystique/Charles relationship was that it changed nothing in the OT (since they never met face to face) but was rather big.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
BMM
Side-Kick

Well, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 just received another new trailer rating. With Guardians of the Galaxy receiving one yesterday, hopefully this means Days of Future Past isn't too far behind.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #16
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

At this juncture they are going to show everything In Amazing SPider-man 2 before film even opens.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #17
Rike
Something strange here?

Quote:
At this juncture they are going to show everything In Amazing SPider-man 2 before film even opens.
That's what all blockbusters do.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #18
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Sony are actually marketing the amazing spider-man 2 very well

Old 02-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #19
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Not at all... I loved the first one. LOVED. So don't think I'm just trying to bash it. I'm still partially excited for it, but the marketing has been a damn mess. I feel like I've seen way to much of it. And none of it looks exciting.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #20
Morti
Side-Kick

This comes close to news (but not exactly).

https://twitter.com/kiel_egao/status...075585/photo/1

Old 02-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #21
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed. That Villain spot showed a bit more then I would have liked to have seen. But it's already done it's job at getting me there. Wasn't a huge fan of ASM but everything here should look pretty appealing to audiences imo. Def has moved up on my most hyped Summer flicks list and it's selling what it should with solid trailers and plenty of posters. Thought the humor, villains, and action all looked awesome and amped up this go around.

Last edited by def28; 02-11-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #22
Rike
Something strange here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Well, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 just received another new trailer rating. With Guardians of the Galaxy receiving one yesterday, hopefully this means Days of Future Past isn't too far behind.
I hope so.

Last edited by Rike; 02-11-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #23
Angamb
Banned User

Im starting to feel that we wont get a new X-Men trailer in the near future.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #24
Rockteur
X-Men Fanatic

Thumbs down Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Im starting to feel that we wont get a new X-Men trailer in the near future.
Yeah the Alberta Trailer Ratings board hasn't received the new trailer yet, so it looks like a new trailer is at least another month away.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #25
DOFP
Side-Kick

Please, we need you too hope again.

Closed Thread