The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: ¿What did you think of the Batsuit?
Love it!! Best Batsuit so far, even if we haven't seen it in color. 157 65.97%
It's good, need to see more to jude it. 63 26.47%
Meh. 16 6.72%
Don't like it. 2 0.84%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - Part 19

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #3
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Yeah good thing they didn't go for the look where batman sometime has claws on his gloves.

He would have totally looked like Catman in that case.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
BatmanVSuperman
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21

Longer ears would have been cool, as the shorter ones slightly make me think of Affleck as Daredevil lol. Still awesome so far.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Ben Affleck's batsuit proves you don't need armor to pull this off in live-action. I think Batman patriarch Adam West will be proud.

Daredevil? That now belongs to the Flash from the upcoming Flash TV series.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
BatmanVSuperman
Side-Kick

I think they will show his armor technology under the suit at some point myself.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
BatmanVSuperman
Side-Kick

Maybe his suit will be lined with lead and Superman won't be able to scan his identity

Old 05-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #8
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
Maybe his suit will be lined with lead and Superman won't be able to scan his identity

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 05-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #9
BatmanVSuperman
Side-Kick

* Superman tries to scan his mask * Batman: What are you looking at? Superman: I can't... Batman: Atomic number 82... Superman: Lead. Batman: Brains and muscle? I can relate.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #10
Wayne Bruce
Not Bruce Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
* Superman tries to scan his mask * Batman: What are you looking at? Superman: I can't... Batman: Atomic number 82... Superman: Lead. Batman: Brains and muscle? I can relate.
Batman soon dies of lead poisoning proclaiming "totally worth it" as he takes his last breath.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #11
BatmanVSuperman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Bruce View Post
Batman soon dies of lead poisoning proclaiming "totally worth it" as he takes his last breath.
Nah, Wayne Technologies is better than that!

Old 05-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #12
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I they'll have to let it be known there's armor padding. As hard as ben is probably going to work out his actualy physique is not going to match up to that suit and we know how much snyder likes his shirtless scenes.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:01 PM   #13
BatmanVSuperman
Side-Kick

It seems all the DC superhero men will be sporting a sculpted suit texture rather than a plastic/rubber looking costume or a pure spandex look. It seems to be the best look for live action and Snyder seems to be running with it.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #14
vantheman77
Side-Kick

We didn't see Superman's weaknesses in Kryptonite and lead in MoS, but that may be explored in the sequel through Batman and Lex Luthor.

I hope the armor Batman gets is somewhere between Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #15
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
We didn't see Superman's weaknesses in Kryptonite and lead in MoS, but that may be explored in the sequel through Batman and Lex Luthor.

I hope the armor Batman gets is somewhere between Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come.
I hope he doesn't get any armor at all.

*splat*
Old 05-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #16
DarkKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
I hope he doesn't get any armor at all.
Agreed. The Kryptonians were throwing a Locomotive across smallville. Dont think a metal Armored suit will help Batman at all. He will have to outsmart Superman. Either way we all know how this movie will end. They will fight then have a realization and team up to defeat the real enemy.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #17
DarkKnight92
Newbie First Class

Old 05-22-2014, 07:49 PM   #18
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight92 View Post
Other than the sheen of blue I think this is exactly what we're getting.

And it's great.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:29 AM   #19
Harrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
That or this:

Old 05-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #20
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is good because it doesn't appear to be cheating the emblem darker like other ones do. It just looks like something darker but a different lustre.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #21
Rorschach2012
$

best coloring job i've seen yet ^

Old 05-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #22
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Agreed. That's perfect.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #23
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

TRUE ^ nice coloring

Old 05-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #24
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho
Even though I love the suit, I can see where you're coming from. I wasn't expecting something this anatomical and sculpted looking, I wouldn't have done it like that or even thought to. In fact when I first saw the pic low-res I thought it WAS another suit with a sculpted rubber exterior.

But then I saw up close that it was fabric, and that those muscle fibres were the weave of the fabric and those veins were real wrinkles (and repair stitches?).

Would I be right to say that you'd prefer if the padded suit he's wearing underneath was less anatomical/more abstract? Or just more smoothed out and less defined?
I would prefer the latter, but either is fine.

My issue is that's big and it's obvious. Muscle suits are (usually) a fact of life in Superhero films, and I understand why (though Spidey looked his best without one in ASM2). That said, I've always found the most effective muscle suits to be the ones that you don't think about because they aren't screaming at you.

MOS had a really elaborate muscle suit, but it was designed to be disguised by the suit itself in a way that made it (usually) look subtle. Superman's silhouette wasn't riddled with fake muscle, but when the light hit it the right way it added just enough to make him seem super.

That was great.

This Batman suit, as I've said previously, is a very different approach--and though I understand why, it isn't the way I would have gone. They clearly wanted to build a suit that, in the right conditions, is going to look like the rippling sinew of a horrible batmonster. I commend them for doing such an exceptional job in that regard; the suit has a wonderful balance where it looks, at once, like both a creature and like a rugged, used piece of equipment.

It's a very novel and interesting approach--but I can't help it, I still find the muscle distracting.

Quote:
I wouldn't have done it like that or even thought to.
This is essentially where I'm coming from. I don't want to be consciously aware of the muscle suit--I mean, Thor's sleeves have padding and airbrushing, but you don't usually notice it, you know? Similar deal with the Raimi Spider-Man costumes.

If this had been my movie, I would have built a sleeker, more elegant Batman--more Neal Adams/Norm Breyfogle/Jim Aparo than Frank Miller. That said, I can hardly fault the filmmakers for making what is, in effect, the perfect Frank Miller Batman.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #25
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
I would prefer the latter, but either is fine.

My issue is that's big and it's obvious. Muscle suits are (usually) a fact of life in Superhero films, and I understand why (though Spidey looked his best without one in ASM2). That said, I've always found the most effective muscle suits to be the ones that you don't think about because they aren't screaming at you.

MOS had a really elaborate muscle suit, but it was designed to be disguised by the suit itself in a way that made it (usually) look subtle. Superman's silhouette wasn't riddled with fake muscle, but when the light hit it the right way it added just enough to make him seem super.

That was great.

This Batman suit, as I've said previously, is a very different approach--and though I understand why, it isn't the way I would have gone. They clearly wanted to build a suit that, in the right conditions, is going to look like the rippling sinew of a horrible batmonster. I commend them for doing such an exceptional job in that regard; the suit has a wonderful balance where it looks, at once, like both a creature and like a rugged, used piece of equipment.

It's a very novel and interesting approach--but I can't help it, I still find the muscle distracting.

This is essentially where I'm coming from. I don't want to be consciously aware of the muscle suit--I mean, Thor's sleeves have padding and airbrushing, but you don't usually notice it, you know? Similar deal with the Raimi Spider-Man costumes.

If this had been my movie, I would have built a sleeker, more elegant Batman--more Neal Adams/Norm Breyfogle/Jim Aparo than Frank Miller. That said, I can hardly fault the filmmakers for making what is, in effect, the perfect Frank Miller Batman.
I think another issue is that it's more obvious that Affleck doesn't have a body like that. For the most part, other superhero costumes (the ones that highlight muscles) don't look too far off from what the actors' bodies. So, when we see the Spidey suits and MOS suit with all their padding, we don't really blink. But, there are pics of Affleck that show he clearly doesn't have that type of body and I doubt they're trying to get him to that point too.

So, it was surprising and not surprising at the same time that they made him look a lot like Miller's Batman.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Closed Thread