The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman Begins

Old 10-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #1
Polomontana
Side-Kick

Default Was that little kid in Batman Begins supposed to be the future Robin?

The little kid that he gave proof to that he saw him.

Polomontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
SouLeSS
Banned User

Default Re: Was that little kid in Batman Begins supposed to be the future Robin?

No.

SouLeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Default Re: Was that little kid in Batman Begins supposed to be the future Robin?

Hello there, children.

The answer is no.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
Ronny Shade
back for a limited time

God, people need to shut up with that.

Old 10-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Not to your knowledge...

Old 10-21-2006, 03:34 PM   #6
Robin91939
Master Tim

This is my thought on it.

The child was in the movie for three reasons, really.

1.) To show just how bad the narrows really were. He was a neglected child, standing out in the rain with his parents fighting and hollering inside the house. He wasn't a bitter kid, he was hopeful, even in the rain with his fueding parents. He represtented the goodness in Gotham that Batman was fighting for.

2.) Batman has always been loved by children. This was a tribute to all of the young fans that have loved Batman for the ages. He was there to give a child's perspective of the Dark Knight. He saw what the adults couldn't. He saw that the Batman was a hero, "Batman will save us."

3.) He was an homage to the character of Robin. Not of any specific incarnation of Robin, be it Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, or Tim Drake -- but rather just a generic homage to the character. He wore a red short sleeve shirt, with a longsleeve greyish green shirt underneath, he gave hope to Batman, and depended on him in a time of need.

The character of "Narrow's Child" was in the film Batman Begins for these reason. Will he ever become Robin? Absolutely not. Was he a tribute to the fans, and of the character of Robin? Yes. Is that all that a Robin fan needs? From a genesis movie of Batman, yes.

-R

Last edited by Robin91939; 01-06-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Robin91939 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
Mee
2 E's are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nolan
"For the last time, no, the kid wasn't and won't be Robin. Crackheads."
See?

Mee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:07 PM   #8
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

No he's NOT Robin and he ain't in TDK.

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #9
NOFX
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939

1.) To show just how bad the narrows really were. He was a neglected child, standing out in the rain with his parents fighting and hollering inside the house. He wasn't a bitter kid, he was hopeful, even in the rain with his fueding parents. He represtented the goodness in Gotham that Batman was fighting for.

2.) Batman has always been loved by children. This was a tribute to all of the young fans that have loved Batman for the ages. He was there to give a childs perspective of the Dark Knight. He saw what the adults couldn't. He saw that the Batman was a hero, "Batman will save us".

3.) He was an homage to the character of Robin. Not of any specific incarnation of Robin, be it Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, or Tim Drake- but rather just a generic homage to the character. He wore a red short sleeve shirt, with a longsleeve greyish green shirt underneath, he gave hope to Batman, and depended on him in a time of need.

The character of "Narrow's Child" was in the film BATMAN BEGINS for these reason. Will he ever become Robin? Absolutely not. Was he a tribute to the fans, and of the character of Robin? Yes. Is that all that a Robin fan needs? From a genesis movie of Batman, yes.

-R
Good post

NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #10
El Payaso
Banned User

That boy ios going to grow to become a rapist and you, my friend, are gonna be his victim.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #11
Mee
2 E's are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso
That boy ios going to grow to become a rapist and you, my friend, are gonna be his victim.
Spoiler tags man! Jeez.

Mee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:20 PM   #12
Keyser Sushi
With Oil and Water

Jeez, I came into this thread thinking it was going to suck. But, miraculously, it didn't.

Robin91939, that was a great post. I never even noticed the colors of the kid's clothes, but now that you point that out, I have to agree with all three of your points as opposed to just the first two. Well said.

And then, just to frost the cake, El Payaso and Mee made me laugh.

DON'T CLICK THIS LINK!!!

avatar by JokerGrayson (thanks to Mr. Socko)
Keyser Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:31 PM   #13
Katsuro
Side-Kick

Nolan has stated the purpose of the Narrow's kid and the "nice coat" homeless man. they represent the regular person, and how they react to Batman. It's one thing to see cops and criminals reacting to the presence of a costumed vigilante, but how do the regular people of Gotham react? How would you react if you watched a guy dressed like a bat pull a guy from a car, headbutt him, and fly into the night sky after admiring your coat?

Old 10-22-2006, 12:28 AM   #14
metkalfe
Banned User

BIG FAT NOOOOO TO ROBIN.

I concur that kid was an acknowledgment to the kiddy market that looks up to Batman as their hero.

metkalfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:41 AM   #15
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuro
Nolan has stated the purpose of the Narrow's kid and the "nice coat" homeless man. they represent the regular person, and how they react to Batman. It's one thing to see cops and criminals reacting to the presence of a costumed vigilante, but how do the regular people of Gotham react? How would you react if you watched a guy dressed like a bat pull a guy from a car, headbutt him, and fly into the night sky after admiring your coat?
i for one would be confused and flattered...and a little horny, but that's a given

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:42 AM   #16
Lando81
Formerly Hazmat81

Quote:

2.) Batman has always been loved by children. This was a tribute to all of the young fans that have loved Batman for the ages. He was there to give a childs perspective of the Dark Knight. He saw what the adults couldn't. He saw that the Batman was a hero, "Batman will save us".

3.) He was an homage to the character of Robin. Not of any specific incarnation of Robin, be it Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, or Tim Drake- but rather just a generic homage to the character. He wore a red short sleeve shirt, with a longsleeve greyish green shirt underneath, he gave hope to Batman, and depended on him in a time of need.

The character of "Narrow's Child" was in the film BATMAN BEGINS for these reason. Will he ever become Robin? Absolutely not. Was he a tribute to the fans, and of the character of Robin? Yes. Is that all that a Robin fan needs? From a genesis movie of Batman, yes.

-R
Bloody Brilliant

Old 10-22-2006, 01:53 AM   #17
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFX
Good post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Sushi
Jeez, I came into this thread thinking it was going to suck. But, miraculously, it didn't.

Robin91939, that was a great post. I never even noticed the colors of the kid's clothes, but now that you point that out, I have to agree with all three of your points as opposed to just the first two. Well said.

And then, just to frost the cake, El Payaso and Mee made me laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmat81
Bloody Brilliant
Gracias.

-R

Old 10-22-2006, 06:28 PM   #18
thedarks0ldier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Gracias.

-R
Aren't you special...

I also agree with your statement by the way

DC Looney Tunes VS. Marvel Disney
thedarks0ldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:56 PM   #19
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name
i for one would be confused and flattered...and a little horny, but that's a given

You a girl?

batlovescatDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:05 PM   #20
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Oh, God.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:17 PM   #21
The-Dark-Knight
Banned User

yes, the boy is robin. The boy is Dick Grayson and his parents are practising there acrobatics indoors (in the ceiling light if you must know)

there fighting because pop Grayson keeps dropping Mother Grayson onto the sofa.

just so you know (SPOILER) Jim gordon later becomes batgirl

NO DAMMIT HE AINT ROBIN NOR IS THE BABY IN THE HIGH CHAIR IN GORDONS HOME BATGIRL.....DAMMIT

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

The-Dark-Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #22
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

This is the craziest thing I've ever heard.

No..wait. It's not.

Why would he be Robin?

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:40 PM   #23
Shoemeister
srsly

Ugh... this again?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyPurpleSocks View Post
'There Will Be Buttsecks'.
Shoemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:10 AM   #24
Morgoth
Side-Kick

Yes he will be Robin. The Joker is going to find the child, it was Dick Grayson, since the first movie, the Graysons joined the circus and learned how to be trapeze performers.

But one night the Joker robs the circus box office and on his way out he kills Dick's parents. Then the Boy becomes Robin.

Then they become the dynamic duo and have many merry adventures.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:05 AM   #25
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth
Yes he will be Robin. The Joker is going to find the child, it was Dick Grayson, since the first movie, the Graysons joined the circus and learned how to be trapeze performers.

But one night the Joker robs the circus box office and on his way out he kills Dick's parents. Then the Boy becomes Robin.

Then they become the dynamic duo and have many merry adventures.
His not Robin but IF he had to be a Robin he should be Jason Todd as he was a bit Ghetto anyway