The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 03-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #51
Paste Pot Pete
No, I build a rocket.

Default Re: Power Rangers Re-Imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Starsky View Post
Umm...have you seen the original japenese version?
Haha...no. Have you seen the American version?

Old 03-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #52
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Re: Power Rangers Re-Imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy monkey View Post
As the credits roll on your season finale, we should get to see the one that suffers a breakdown gettin' some down-home advice on Dr. Phil.

-- END!
No, because Dr. Phil sucks ass.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:11 PM   #53
crazy monkey
The worst kind of monkey.

Really? Because I find an obnoxious hick who shouts at people to be extremely theraputic.

-- END!

Old 04-10-2007, 08:53 AM   #54
WebSlinger666
Carnagesblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
Oh wait...there you go. It was either the red one or the green one.
in the japanese ver the red and green ranger are brothers and only the green ranger dies

WebSlinger666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #55
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I think Power Rangers is a great idea,
Teenagers stumbling onto becoming the Super Alien Soldier that must protect the world from invading aliens.
Its a fun idea, and like Transformers or GI Joe, has possabilities beyond marketting.
I can sersiously see a reimagined comic book or even a movie, taking a slightly more realistic turn. (sort of like Transformers the movie)

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:10 PM   #56
blud_knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
I think Power Rangers is a great idea,
Teenagers stumbling onto becoming the Super Alien Soldier that must protect the world from invading aliens.
Its a fun idea, and like Transformers or GI Joe, has possabilities beyond marketting.
I can sersiously see a reimagined comic book or even a movie, taking a slightly more realistic turn. (sort of like Transformers the movie)
I thought Power Rangers was a great idea too... back when it was called Voltron

blud_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:58 PM   #57
Kevin Roegele
Do you mind if I don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
A few people have mentioned wanting to do, or wanted done, a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie Re-Imagined.

So here is the thread to post your ideas on how you think it should be re-imagined.

My idea for a Power Rangers (reimagined) movie, is sort of the same way they are now only with A level special effects.
Use lots of CG effects, in a good way and not overtly CG, and use special effects artists like Stan Winston.

They would still be teenagers called on by an alien to help save the world against invading alien forces, but I'd make it more realistic and dramatic. I'd eliminate most or all of the cheese factor.
Not possible.

There is no Marvel/DC rivalry. Most of the great comic creators worked for both; Jack Kirby, Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, Walt Simonsen, Gil Kane, Steve Ditko, John Byrne, Steve Englehart, Mark Waid...even Stan Lee.
Kevin Roegele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #58
LostSon88
Side-Kick

The tone of the F4 movies would be perfect for a re-imagined MMPR...serious enough but aware of the fact that the concept is rather "out there"...

Old 04-17-2007, 05:59 AM   #59
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

good point

Old 04-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #60
Bastila
Deathdealer

Quote:
The tone of the F4 movies would be perfect for a re-imagined MMPR...serious enough but aware of the fact that the concept is rather "out there"...
Yeah that would be cool, but why MMPR why not another season or a new one ?? lol.

LACUNA COIL
The cold never bothered me anyway

''For six centuries I was a loyal soldier to the vampire clan. But I was betrayed''
Bastila is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #61
blud_knight
Banned User

I think MMPR might be possible as an anime. I really don't think seeing a giant frog join with a robotic tiger will ever look anything but silly in "live" action or CG

blud_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #62
Bastila
Deathdealer

I would hate Power Rangers as an anime or cartoon, its got to be live action.

LACUNA COIL
The cold never bothered me anyway

''For six centuries I was a loyal soldier to the vampire clan. But I was betrayed''
Bastila is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #63
CAH
Side-Kick

Hmm...I don't know if a new version/re-imagining of MMPR would ever get out from under the 'campy kids show' feeling, but then again, anything is possible. Its an idea that very much appeals to me, but I don't think anyone could ever have giant success with it...maybe.

If I were to do it (I probably would if I got the offer)...I would make it all about the theme of "how power corrupts"...I would introduce the 5 early 20s' (NO TEENAGERS) guys and girls, have them not liking each other very much at all (this is a great idea), and I would have very strange occurances going on all over the town/world as if an 'invasion' was coming. Finally, the 5 people are lured into the Command Center in various ways, and they discover a horrible looking destroyed computer room. Everything is broken, but then a shadowy figure emerges..."my name is Zordon". The figure (they can't see his face, but he is walking around them) tells them about his history and about Zedd (NO RITA...Jesus she was bad)...and how he is coming to Earth very soon, to destroy it. He presents them with a choice...take the morphers and become Earth's saviors, or perish with the rest of the planet. Half of the people agree, and the other half leave, laughing at the figure. The ones who agreed morph into "The Power Rangers, Earth's Defenders Against All Evil!" Zordon next teaches them in the ways of fighting and etc....while back in the town, the others who did not accept the morphers sit with their boring lives. Back with the Rangers, Zordon tells them finally about a "6th power, the Dragon Coin." He explains that Zedd has it and they need to get it back before its power is used for evil. "The Dragon Coin contains the most power." But then, Zedd attacks. They morph into action, and so on, so on....

That would be the first 45 minutes or so...then, we'd delve into Tommy and the Origin of The Green Ranger (my favorite storyline from the original series)...the others who did not accept the power WOULD eventually accept it...Tommy turns evil (under his own doing), takes the Green Power Coin, emerges with the Dragonzord (the ONLY zord)...and goes after both Zedd and the Rangers.

I just DO NOT KNOW if it would work...it would have to be a graphic novel first, IMO...but I do think that SOMEONE could re-imagine it to a pretty good way. You just never know.

But it would be very VERY interesting to see. I was a massive fan of the original MMPR show (note: WAS is a big word)...but the show just got WAY too comedic and campy and there was too much teen stuff. It shouldn't be teens...it should have a very dramatic feel, but not TEEN drama.

I might elaborate more on it later.

CAH

CAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #64
PunisherFC
Side-Kick

If i were going to re-imagine it, i would first and foremost, re-design the costumes. I would make the costumes look organic, and alien. (think the "ultraman the first" movie design) Second i would make the colors more subtle, with there individual colors apart of each's scheme.
FIRST ACT
As for the story i would start it off on a different planet, which zordon and rita are fighting for the coins. (the coins being keys to very suffisticated technology) Zedd arrives (zedd in my mind would be like galactus, an unseen planet devourer) and tries destroying the planet all togeather, causing zordon and rita to flee. (both have coins) Zordon wanted the coins, to protect his planet against a soon invaded zedd. Rita wanted it so she could unlock the technology to destroy zedd, and enslave the galaxy herself.
We cut to earth so many years later, we meet the teens: Jason, Billy, Trini. Jason a jock, trying to live up to what everyone thinks he should be, when what he really wants to be he hides inside. Trini an army brat, moved to angel grove and wants to live a normal life. Billy a super geek who loves sci-fi, and seeks adventure but is very very shy.
The teens are meeting up again there first day, senior year. They are good friends. During lunch we meet up with Zack, who is a trouble making new kid. He picks a fight with billy, whom jason steps in to help and defuse the situation. Zacks friends' stand up, and thus we meet tommy. Tommy steps in to help jason and billy, as a bit of a lunch room brawl breaks out.
The teens then are all in the principles, where they receive after school detention. Next we see rita crashing on the moon, her craft actually transforms to a command base. She sends some probs out to servey the planet, only to learn it is a dead planet. She sets in motion, a plan to turn the small moon into her own.
In the detention room, the teens are all togeather plus a girl named kimberly. We see more interaction of the teens not getting along, plus a little friendly compitition between jason and tommy, over who can get kimberly to go on a date with whom first. After detention the teens go there seperate ways. Jason, billy, and trini walk home togeather, while tommy wins the bet and gets kim to go to "Ernies" with him. Zack wanders off alone, wanting revenge on the others.(Zack has a short tempered father, whom he lives alone with. The detention will cost him, he doesnt want to go home) On the walk home, a ship crash lands near Jason, Billy, and Trini. The explore it, at first it appears to be an abandoned ship.
After further exploring the ship begins to transform into a base, the teens wanting to leave run into an army of droids. Working droids, that the teens at first think are dangerous. They stumble upon Zordon, who explains his situation. Zordon also explains that Zedd most likely has followed them and there planet is in grave danger.
Meanwhile on the moon rita receives data from her tech goon, that zordon is on a local planet called earth. She decides its her chance to get the other coins, and she sends her putties (creepy in design) and goldar to start an invasion for the coins.

PunisherFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #65
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blud_knight View Post
I think MMPR might be possible as an anime. I really don't think seeing a giant frog join with a robotic tiger will ever look anything but silly in "live" action or CG
As exemplified with the upcoming Transformers movie, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, so long as the material is taken seriously...

The concept of the Transformers is just as 'silly' as a robotic tiger or giant frog...yet the approach the film is taking is anything but silly.

Its all about the approach.

Last edited by LostSon88; 05-24-2007 at 02:19 PM.
LostSon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:41 PM   #66
PunisherFC
Side-Kick

ACT TWO

Goldar invades with a fleet of ships, and Putties. (the ships can transform to do different tasks, swim,walk,fly) The ships start destroying everything. The teens inside the base are informed of the attack, and are given 3 coins. The coins are to be placed in morphers, so they can activate battle suits. The teens have a hard time beleiving what they are hearing, and the only one who is excited is billy. The teens are shown the battle suits (which at this point are only basic alien armour, no dino designs yet), and there battle tank to get there. (think something like the tumbler) Jason and Trini wanna leave, but billy is interested. As they go to leave, but lose Billy. They find Billy, who tries to covince them to give zordon a chance.
Kimberly and Tommy are at "Ernies" when the attacks happen, but before we learn more about the two. As the attack happens, the two try to escape. Tommy and kim try fending off putties, but nearly escape. Just when they thought they were in the clear, they run into more putties and a putty general. (probably baboon and squat)
The rangers appear to help save the day, clad in there battle suits. They rescue Tommy and Kimberly, as Goldar watches from afar. After Goldar retreats, we find the teens back at the command center. (minus tommy and kim) The teens watch news briadcasts about the town being torn apart, and how the army is stepping in to help. Also a droid named alpha 5 explains there may be a problem with the suits next time. For some reason, they didnt bond well with there DNA.
Back on the moon, goldar tells rita that zordon has used the coins. Rita wants to know how to activate them, and goldar thinks he has an idea.
Now we are at Tommy's home, he is tending to wounds on Kimberly. They almost kiss when goldar appears and try to kidnap them. Kim escapes, and watches as Tommy is taken. At ritas palace, Tommy is questioned goldar beleives he knows who the rangers are. (he watched him talk to the rangers , and assumed he knew them)
Zack is woken in a dead sleep, to Kimberly banging on his window. (she knew zack from another school, they both attended as kids) She explains what happend, and zacks only idea is to turn to super geek billy. (assuming he would know about weird sci-fi stuff)
They arrive at billy's, and explain. Bily calls jason and Trini over. They agree to explain there stoy to zack and kim. They then take them to Zordon. On the moon, Rita has tortured tommy to the point of passing out. She then learns Zedd has followed them. Her only chance now is to launch another attack, before he arrives. This time her tech guy creates a small army of monsters (creepy designs) to invade.
Back at the command center, the teens tell zordon about the kidnapping. Alpha tells them an attack is happening again. the teens are concered the suits wont work. They are told to fight, and use the power when necessary. Alpha explains, he almost figured out how to make them work permenantly. For now intoduces them to new weapons, and asks kim and zack to help. (giving them coins as well)

Old 05-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #67
PunisherFC
Side-Kick

ACT THREE

The Rangers, Jason, Trini, Billy, Zack and Kim, arrive to battle the monsters. After a short effort using the new weapons they resort to morphing. The suits work, but there teamwork is awful. Soon the suits fail, and they demorph. Zordon calls them, and informs them Alpha cracked the code. Goldar watched from afar, and decided to follow. At the comand center, alpha explains how he fixed it. Supposenedly the equipment didnt respond well to there DNA, but responded well to dino DNA. So alpha used dino DNA, and now the suits will not only work permenantly, but they have some bonus power. Jason's suit bonded with T-Rex, Trini Sabertooth, Billy Triceritops, Kim Pteradactyle, And Zack Mammoth.
Goldar returns back to rita to explain what he learned, Rita returns to Tommy. Tommy refuses to help rita, so she tells him he will have no choice.
The rangers are back at the scene, they start off fighting Putties. There teamwork is a little better. They then morph to fight off the monsters, each discovers there new powers. Jason discovers his super strength, and Billy his power to generate force shields (can use it like armour around his body, or around other objects) while they fight one monster. Trini super speed, and kimberly flight while fighting another. Zack is overwhelmed by a monster, when he learns he can walk through objects.
They defeat the monsters, but there teamwork is terrible again. At ritas, she is warned that Zedd has arrived. Goldar is sent down as a last resort to take the coins from the rangers. The rangers are then handed there asses by goldar, before zedd arrives. Suddenly a storm accures, and clouds devour the sky. Whats left of the local army after the monster fight, try to lock and load there high artillery weapons. Zedd lands, and is a giant. He begans his own destruction of the city.
The rangers are informed that there "zords" are ready, but they only why it will work is through working as a team. Then they will have the power to stop zedd. Jason attacks goldar to destract him, while they others get to a safe place to call there zords. In the scuffle, jason wounds goldar, and as goldar decides to retaliate to jason the zords arrive. Goldar flees, as the rangers take to there zords. The army's weapons are usless against the giant, so The zords individually fight zedd, and are no match. Soon they learn zedds weakness, and begin to use teamwork. They combine there zords into the megazord, and have a final battle with zedd. Zedd is seamingly destroyed, and the city saved.
Goldar returns to ritas, wounded vowing revenge on jason. Rita says revenge will be easy now, with zedd out of the way. She reveals to goldar her new weapon, the Green Ranger.Back at the command center, the rangers are thanied for there help, but are informed that this is not the end. Rita is still at large, and with zedd gone many will want to take his place.
Lastly we see the rangers again weeks later, at school. The city is under cunstruction, and a few places still stand. Surrounding citys are helping to rebuild angel grove, the biggest contributer is a trillionaire named victor mondo. (eventually he becomes king mondo) The teens are at a school function where we meet victor, as he gives his speech on the future of angel grove. Suddenly the rangers are allerted about a new attack on the city, the rangers head out and morph. At the scene, the rangers look amazed as we see a green ranger boot step into view.

The End?

Old 05-24-2007, 05:35 PM   #68
Booznian
The Return

I really like your idea...Green ranger vs. PR in a movie...OMFG I can totally see them actually taken seriously..tight ****. MORE to the story please!

Old 05-24-2007, 06:22 PM   #69
LostSon88
Side-Kick

I think a lot of people envision something along those lines,

1st Movie: Origin of the PR
2nd Movie: Introduction of the Green Ranger (the most powerful Ranger) as a villian.
3rd: Team up vs. Lord Zedd

Old 05-25-2007, 01:16 PM   #70
PunisherFC
Side-Kick

Yeah thats the way i thought of it, first movie the origin and set up for 2. Two would be the battle of 5 vs green, and some set up for the return of zedd in 3.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:05 AM   #71
Mr Jide
Banned User

Quote:
And no unnecessary martial arts hand motions EVERYTIME they speak. Damn that was annoying...
It wasn't just hand motions it was head motions too, emphasised with swiping wind sound effects.

Mr Jide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #72
deathshead2
Side-Kick

Ahh I love the hand motions. Whoosh

deathshead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #73
LostSon88
Side-Kick

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cM6mJnNTl54

Old 05-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #74
Darthkush
Avenger

Didn't read any of you guys'(yet) because I don't want to be influenced by others.

I've actually been thinking about this for years and when i was in college(between 01'-04'), I had actually written down a few ideas and such in a notebook.

I would've called it Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and I would have liked to incorporate the five original rangers(Jason, Zack, Billy, Trini, Kimberly) as well as Tommy and the three replacement rangers(Adam, Rocky, and Aisha). Beyond that, I had no plan to use any other ranger characters but I do have a few favorites from other seasons that I would have loved to include one day(I think Katherine could've fit later on). Villain wise, I would've gone with Goldar, Rita, and Lord Zedd with the possibility of Scorpina. The goofier sidekick villains like Baboo, Squatt, etc as well as the PUtties, I never had plans for.

The biggest change i wanted to make in my version by far was the idea of the Rangers being in different social cliques and not neccesarily being friends. I always thought it was a little ridiculous that Zordon chose five teens of different ethnic backgrounds who just so happened to all be good friends. Yeah right. It's far more interesting to choose a couple of jocks, nerds, etc. who either don't get along at all or barely know each other than a bunch of people who already like each other.

I would've had the five originals summoned. Billy would've been a social outcast(not just a nerd) and he would've been friends with Adam who was also a loner. Jason would've been an ******* and something of a bully. I might not have made him as proficient in martial arts either. Maybe he would've been more of an boxer. Tommy would still be the martial arts type and not too different from the original. Zack, Rocky, and Aisha would've been popular "in" kids. Kimberly would've been an stuckup cheerleader who hung out with Jason and sometimes the other popular kids. Trini I always saw as sort of a student council, band geek type kid. She wasn't popular, but she wasn't a nerd either. Somewhere in the middle.

Zordon summons the five originals to battle Rita and/or Zedd at various times(I see Rita and Zedd as being opposing forces and no longer on the same team, though I do like the idea of having them have some sort of history between each other). Goldar would play more like Starscream from Transformers as would be constantly seeking ways to be the new "leader" of Zedd's alien empire.

the classic "morphin'" sequences wouldn't change but all the silly hand gestures would have to stop. I also think the way the costumes appear on the characters should be explained more scientifically. I also think their powers and moves should be learned and the rangers shouldn't just magically know how to fight as soon as they morph. It has to be a gradual process.

The show(or movies depending on how it would've shooken out), wouldn't just always be monsters being sent down by Rita or Zedd. There could be other supernatural threats as well. Eventually, Tommy would become Rita's green ranger but instead of him leaving to become good, I'd make Tommy more of a free agent who never really sided with either side. Rocky, Aisha, and Adam wouldn't replace anyone but instead be given their own ranger identities eventually(maybe orange, gold, and silver or something). Altogether, there'd be eight power rangers(the green ranger not being part of the team).

I would definitely have some sort of romantic subplot as well. I've always liked the classic Tommy/Kimberly pairing but i'd make it much more pg-13 as opposed to the g-rated crap it's always been. With the others, i'd get more experimenal and Trini and Aisha could end up with any of the other guys or no one at all and specific non-ranger characters would show up from time to time as well for romantic developments.

This is a great idea for a thread. I haven't thought about this in a long time but this is one of those things that I hope can happen one day. I honestly can't wait for them to cancel Power Rangers in it's current form so that one day, something like this can actually happen.

Darthkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:23 AM   #75
Darthkush
Avenger

Also:

-No Bulk and Skully. Comedy relief characters are kind of lame to me. Any comedy would come from the situations within the plot. There can be plenty of non-ranger characters but they can't just be there to be stupid and have no other purpose.

-Alpha 5 isn't needed. Zordon is enough.

-The zords would rarely ever be used. I find it hard to believe that there can be an plausible excuse for rita or zedd to "make their monsters grow!" in every other episode. I love the Megazords and such but their constant inclusion was kind of silly. If there's a way to include them more often I would, but i can't think of how.

Darthkush is offline   Reply With Quote