The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Cybertron

View Poll Results: Are you a G1 purist?
Yes 21 47.73%
Till the day I die. 23 52.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 11:15 PM   #51
blind_fury
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: second renaissance
Posts: 13,585
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Why do you guys keep coming to this thread attacking G1?

You have a Beast Wars thread. Go rave about your talking rats and cheetahs over there.

blind_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:31 AM   #52
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,648
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
It's based on G1. Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Mission City, Sam Witwicky, Bumblebee, Frenzy - heck all the chars except for Scorponok (which we don't see its robot form).

When you have 85-90% of the stuff based on G1, it's based on G1.
Sam wasn't part of G1. The name was Spike. And Blackout and Barricade weren't G1 either. Ironhide was obviously based largely on Rhinox in robot mode. Optimus did gorrilla type acrobatics. The story and pod landing borrowed from Armada.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:51 AM   #53
blind_fury
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: second renaissance
Posts: 13,585
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

The last name Witwicky is G1 obviously. Unless you think this last name was a coincidence.

and they should put "Optimus does gorilla type acrobatics" on the dvd cover. That's some funny s--t!!!!

As long as you continue to entertain us with your absurdities, you can stay in the G1 purist thread.

blind_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:59 AM   #54
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,648
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind_fury View Post
The last name Witwicky is G1 obviously. Unless you think this last name was a coincidence.
Transformers tends to recycle names. However Ron (Sparkplug's other name was William), Sam and her mother are entirely new, unless you missed something.
Quote:
and they should put "Optimus does gorilla type acrobatics" on the dvd cover. That's some funny s--t!!!!
Did you see the movie yet. Because he does. He hangs off building by one arm, freqently is seen swinging down from high places. There was definitely some BW referencing.
Quote:
As long as you continue to entertain us with your absurdities, you can stay in the G1 purist thread.
Kay

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:33 AM   #55
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo
 
chiefchirpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,234
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
Sam wasn't part of G1. The name was Spike.
You want to dabble on little things. Very well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418279/quotes

It says Sam "Spike" Witwicky. "Spike" is his callname. It doesn't get called in the movie, because:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Witwicky#Spike

Quote:
And Blackout and Barricade weren't G1 either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_%28Transformers%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brawl_%28Transformers%29


Blackout was initially intended to be Vortex, and Devastator was initially be named (and still within Toys) to be Brawl. Barricade wasn't in G1 shows (but in G1 toys), well if there's a TV shows about Barricade is not gonna be in Beast Wars but in G1-expansion.

Quote:
Ironhide was obviously based largely on Rhinox in robot mode.
I don't see the similarity. You're just pushing something that's not exact fact.

Quote:
Optimus did gorrilla type acrobatics.
Hmm, I didn't remember it. Well, if someone or something did a gait moving from one building to another, is it supposed to be copying from Beast Wars cartoon? Being Michael Bay, I think he would rather copy it from King Kong or simply made it so because that's the simplest way of doing a CGI object movement.

Pushing on an issue that's not quite fact++

Quote:
The story and pod landing borrowed from Armada.
Man, if an originally non-TF fan like Michael Bay wants to make a movie, he will create his own initial stories and don't have to copy anything from any TF shows. If there are origins stories that suit him, he will take it as long as it depicts largely G1-based characters and mythos.

Again your pushing something that's not quite fact.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:36 AM   #56
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo
 
chiefchirpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,234
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
Transformers tends to recycle names. However Ron (Sparkplug's other name was William), Sam and her mother are entirely new, unless you missed something.
Transformers tend to recycle names because it's sometimes difficult to get copyright for certain names. But not Witwicky. Witwicky is a throwback to G1 whether you like or not.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #57
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,648
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
Transformers tend to recycle names because it's sometimes difficult to get copyright for certain names. But not Witwicky. Witwicky is a throwback to G1 whether you like or not.
It might be a throwback, but it's been used 3 or 4 times at this point, in distinct continuities.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #58
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,648
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
You want to dabble on little things. Very well.

It says Sam "Spike" Witwicky. "Spike" is his callname. It doesn't get called in the movie, because
Hasbro stated very firmly from the beginning they didn't want a G1 movie

Quote:
Blackout was initially intended to be Vortex, and Devastator was initially be named (and still within Toys) to be Brawl. Barricade wasn't in G1 shows (but in G1 toys), well if there's a TV shows about Barricade is not gonna be in Beast Wars but in G1-expansion.
Sadly, you're wrong. Because Blackout is not a combaticon named Vortex and Barricade is not a G1 micromaster for the Decepticon race team. Blackout was, however, a character in Armada...to which he is unrelated as well.
Quote:
I don't see the similarity. You're just pushing something that's not exact fact.
Well considering Rhinox had a similar voice, duel gattling guns ....I'd have to say the parrallels are apparent. Ironhide was chief of security.
Quote:
Hmm, I didn't remember it. Well, if someone or something did a gait moving from one building to another, is it supposed to be copying from Beast Wars cartoon? Being Michael Bay, I think he would rather copy it from King Kong or simply made it so because that's the simplest way of doing a CGI object movement.
Transformers movie, not a king kong tribute. If they took it they took it from Beast Wars much like the Prime-Lips
Quote:
Man, if an originally non-TF fan like Michael Bay wants to make a movie, he will create his own initial stories and don't have to copy anything from any TF shows. If there are origins stories that suit him, he will take it as long as it depicts largely G1-based characters and mythos.
Well the writers wrote the story, not Bay and they were given the recent Transformers cartoons and comics as reference. Not surprising that Armada and Infiltation would seem to be the plots used.


Last edited by ShadowBoxing; 07-03-2007 at 09:07 AM.
ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:44 AM   #59
lars573
Side-Kick
 
lars573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Scotland Canada
Posts: 3,748
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
Sam wasn't part of G1. The name was Spike. And Blackout and Barricade weren't G1 either. Ironhide was obviously based largely on Rhinox in robot mode. Optimus did gorrilla type acrobatics. The story and pod landing borrowed from Armada.
Hmm in Armada the mini-cons come in a starship that half crashes on earth. But the Bots and Cons arrive via transgalactic teleporter. Where are these pods of which you speak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowboxing
Sadly, you're wrong. Because Blackout is not a combaticon named Vortex and Barricade is not a G1 micromaster for the Decepticon race team. Blackout was, however, a character in Armada...to which he is unrelated as well.
Blackout was a G1 micromaster as well. Although Blackout and Barricade draw more from Energon than G1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowboxing
Well considering Rhinox had a similar voice, duel gattling guns ....I'd have to say the parrallels are apparent. Ironhide was chief of security.
I always felt that Rhinox was based on G1 Ironhide. Or rather Rhinox was what Ironhide could have been with better writing.

__________________
I for one welcome our new red flamed, fish-lipped savior. May he always defend us from the scrap metal Devil.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #60
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo
 
chiefchirpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,234
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
It might be a throwback, but it's been used 3 or 4 times at this point, in distinct continuities.
So what?

Repeat after me: The "Witwicky" family is first mentioned in G1. True, yes? Whether the movies or distinct TF series want to mention the family, it's to respect G1. Not BW.

End of debate. Shush.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #61
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo
 
chiefchirpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,234
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
Hasbro stated very firmly from the beginning they didn't want a G1 movie
First, show me the evidences/quotes.

Second, of course they don't want an exact G1 movie (see the Wiki link very down below). They're making a movie largely based on G1, because that's what most people remember of TF and I don't have to explain this again and again. It's Captain Obvious.


Quote:
Sadly, you're wrong. Because Blackout is not a combaticon named Vortex and Barricade is not a G1 micromaster for the Decepticon race team. Blackout was, however, a character in Armada...to which he is unrelated as well.
Piss Off.

Read the Wikipedia articles I show you. Vortex is the name of Blackout in the original script but it's later dropped because of copyright issue. Unlike you, I gave evidences to support my cases.

Quote:
Well considering Rhinox had a similar voice, duel gattling guns ....I'd have to say the parrallels are apparent.
Unless you're watched the movie half-sleeping, I don't see either of those guns are gatlings. And your don't need to watch the movie to know what guns that Ironhide carries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironhide

"His weapons include an energy cannon mounted on his left forearm and a missile launcher on his right forearmis weapons include an energy cannon mounted on his left forearm and a missile launcher on his right forearm"

You're a making a fantasy world, where you had this image of movie Ironhide having a twin gatling gun and stick by that image. Face it you, you're wrong.

Quote:
Transformers movie, not a king kong tribute.
Who said it's a King Kong tribute? I said it may be easier to walk those CGI creations on screen like King Kong.

Quote:
If they took it they took it from Beast Wars much like the Prime-Lips
You're just imagining that they take the lips from Beast Wars.

Okay to make you happy, look at like this:

Movie Optimus Prime takes the lips from Beast Wars, but on the other hand it takes voicework, name, personality, transformation mode, quotes, rifle from G1.

Lips... against the whole shbang. How's that?

Quote:
Well the writers wrote the story, not Bay and they were given the recent Transformers cartoons and comics as reference. Not surprising that Armada and Infiltation would seem to be the plots used.
The writers wrote the story, but Bay as Director could interject the story anytime he feels to. Again you're escaping the fact that the TF movie is made out of respect of the 80's shows and toys. Heck the whole series can't be made without derivating from G1. G1 maybe has a poor original show, but it has a set of mythos inherited to the predecesors and this is the series which most people identify TF with.

Read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_%28film%29 thoroughly. You will again babble like an ignorant before reading it.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #62
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo
 
chiefchirpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,234
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
and Barricade is not a G1 micromaster for the Decepticon race team.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrica...ransformers%29

The guy is Onslaught to form Bruticus Maximus in Energon. Not convinced?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combaticons (check Transformers: Energon section).

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #63
lars573
Side-Kick
 
lars573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Scotland Canada
Posts: 3,748
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrica...ransformers%29

The guy is Onslaught to form Bruticus Maximus in Energon. Not convinced?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combaticons (check Transformers: Energon section).
Nope. Thats Onslaught who froms part of Bruticus in Superlink. It's Barricade who forms part of Bruticus Maxmius in Energon. Takara TF's!=Hasbro TF's.

__________________
I for one welcome our new red flamed, fish-lipped savior. May he always defend us from the scrap metal Devil.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #64
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo
 
chiefchirpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,234
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
Nope. Thats Onslaught who froms part of Bruticus in Superlink. It's Barricade who forms part of Bruticus Maxmius in Energon. Takara TF's!=Hasbro TF's.
In a way, yes they're not exact match.

"In the parallel universe of 2004's Transformers: Energon a combining team of five robots similar to the Combaticons exists, who form the giant robot known as Bruticus Maximus (simply Bruticus in Japan).
The team consists of Barricade (Onslaught in Japan), the leader of the team who forms the central body of Bruticus Maximus, and the four limbs, Blight (Brawl) and Kickback (Swindle), who become tanks, and Blackout (Vortex) and Stormcloud (Blast Off), who transform into helicopters. Each one can form either an arm or a leg for Bruticus Maximus"

Ergo, Barricade is an analog to Onslaught, as do Bruticus Maximus is the analog of Bruticus. So Barricade is actually "Onslaught" to form Bruticus Maximus (I'm missing the quotes).

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:41 PM   #65
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,648
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
So what?

Repeat after me: The "Witwicky" family is first mentioned in G1. True, yes? Whether the movies or distinct TF series want to mention the family, it's to respect G1. Not BW.

End of debate. Shush.
Dumb point. Optimus was first introduced in G1, but he isn't the same Optimus as appeared in future incarnations of the show. It might be a throwback to G1 to mention Witwicky, but then so is everytime they re-use a name. Has nothing to do with making it a G1 film. This movie isn't Beast Wars, but it sure as f*** isn't G1 either. It's an entirely different continuity much like RiD or UT.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #66
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,648
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
First, show me the evidences/quotes.

Second, of course they don't want an exact G1 movie (see the Wiki link very down below). They're making a movie largely based on G1, because that's what most people remember of TF and I don't have to explain this again and again. It's Captain Obvious.
That's the most ridiculous crap I ever heard. The only reason G1 gets re-referenced is copyright issues. That's why Optimus, Megatron and Starscream show up in future incarnations because they don't want to lose those characters. And yes they are highly marketable, but keep in mind Optimus, Megatron and some form of Starscream and Bumblebee have all been part of the Transformers-verse. G1 died 20 years ago, they make future incarnations to sell a new product, not an old one.

Hasbro in fact is the one who adviced them to drastically change all the designs.
Quote:
Piss Off.

Read the Wikipedia articles I show you. Vortex is the name of Blackout in the original script but it's later dropped because of copyright issue. Unlike you, I gave evidences to support my cases.
They were originally going to call them Soundwave, but dropped that as well. It's immaterial, they called him Blackout.
Quote:
Unless you're watched the movie half-sleeping, I don't see either of those guns are gatlings. And your don't need to watch the movie to know what guns that Ironhide carries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironhide

"His weapons include an energy cannon mounted on his left forearm and a missile launcher on his right forearmis weapons include an energy cannon mounted on his left forearm and a missile launcher on his right forearm"

You're a making a fantasy world, where you had this image of movie Ironhide having a twin gatling gun and stick by that image. Face it you, you're wrong.
The guy who did the voice of Rhinox does Ironhide's voice in the game dumbass.
Quote:
Who said it's a King Kong tribute? I said it may be easier to walk those CGI creations on screen like King Kong.
And Optimus Prime was a monkey for quiet some time. As me and Lars have tried to tell you, this is not a G1 movie. It's a combination of ALL the franchises being celebrated in one movie.
Quote:
You're just imagining that they take the lips from Beast Wars.

Okay to make you happy, look at like this:

Movie Optimus Prime takes the lips from Beast Wars, but on the other hand it takes voicework, name, personality, transformation mode, quotes, rifle from G1.

Lips... against the whole shbang. How's that?
So what, me and Lars point still stands it's not a G1 movie, it's a 20 years of Transformers movie. And furthermore the Alt.mode is the same as his G2 form bud.
Quote:
The writers wrote the story, but Bay as Director could interject the story anytime he feels to. Again you're escaping the fact that the TF movie is made out of respect of the 80's shows and toys.
The designs, the story, the Allspark and most of the alt.modes have little or nothing to do with the G1 show.
Quote:
Heck the whole series can't be made without derivating from G1. G1 maybe has a poor original show, but it has a set of mythos inherited to the predecesors and this is the series which most people identify TF with.
G1 was a comic before it was a show. So by your logic the Marvel comic was the inspiration...except for the fact that the producers didn't look towards that comic, and were instead sent the IDW and Dreamwave books instead.
Quote:
Read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_%28film%29 thoroughly. You will again babble like an ignorant before reading it.
You're the one who keeps shouting G1 film like a chicken with it's head cut off, not that article. It just mentions that DeSanto and Murphy sought to make a G1 film then goes onto say how Bay and Hasbro pushed them away from that.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #67
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,648
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
You mean since BM? I don't recall any BW Transformers except for "guest character" that have vehicle mode.

G1 actually uses a combination of beasts and vehicles. It predates BM.
Since Beast Wars means after, not during. G1 did use a combination, only because of the toyline not the storyline. And "Beast Planet" in Cybertron is clearly a reference to Beast Wars, not G1. And Scorponok's beasties in Energon were called Terrorcons, and functioned outside of the Decepticon ranks...much like Predacons supposedly. Predacons were the one's in RiD.
Quote:
Don't care. Non sequitur. Whatever. Adds nothing to the discussion.

-It's TF lore, not TF voice actors life-

Point exists that Peter Cullen or Frank Welker is more of a legend to TF fans than Scott McNeill.
Incorrect. Beast Wars voice actors are just as common, if not moreso at BotCon conventions and are often the biggest draw. David Kaye and Gary Chalk are easily just as beloved, and just as big a draw.

In fact the www.Allspark.com. That message board will virtually blacklist you for liking G1. Here check this thread: http://www.allspark.com/forums/index...howtopic=31727
Quote:
It's budgetary restrictions. It maybe the best to convey a more simplistic but focused storytelling.
Okay, but they took that from future incarnations, not G1.
Quote:
But tell me, is it a monopoly of BW to have a smaller cast, and G1 must always have a large cast of robots?
I did. End of story.
Quote:
Please don't kid yourself.
Get off your damn high horse.
Quote:
Transformers Armada/Cybertron/Energon is based loosely on G1.
"Loosely" is the key word. Except for Optimus and Megatron's eternal struggle, when they abandone the premise, story, animation style, voice actors, writing staff and basically anything else you can think of. It's not G1, it's is its own thing.
Quote:
TF movie is based on G1. Is that not big enough for you?
Refer to what Lars said
Quote:
BTW, I don't believe/post myself as a G1 purist. G1 maybe the best to convey the world of TF to the mainstream than BW, who stuck their robots only in beast forms. BM, on the other hand, is an abomination. Rat in a wheel?
G1 doesn't hold a monopoly on Car Robots. And as you pointed out even G1 used Beasties. If G1 were the best way to convey Transformers it wouldn't have been cancelled in 1987.

I can disable your whole argument with one sentence actually: G1 is not a fiction, it's a toyline designation. You need some help explaining that for you. Here it goes. Hasbro sells toys, G1 was created to sell those toys, when new toys are made ergo a new show is made unconnected to the prior show. G1 is a continuity that is not a rolling continuity like Marvel, it had a definite end and several reboots of the Transformers line have followed. Transformers doesn't build off of it's fiction, it builds off of it's toyline. That's why all it's fictions are so drastically different.


Last edited by ShadowBoxing; 07-03-2007 at 08:39 PM.
ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #68
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo
 
chiefchirpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,234
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
Dumb point. Optimus was first introduced in G1, but he isn't the same Optimus as appeared in future incarnations of the show. It might be a throwback to G1 to mention Witwicky, but then so is everytime they re-use a name. Has nothing to do with making it a G1 film. This movie isn't Beast Wars, but it sure as f*** isn't G1 either. It's an entirely different continuity much like RiD or UT.

Are you damn retarded?

It's not an exact G1 movie. It's a movie of TF based largely on Generation 1 TF.

What's your real modus of making this go on and on? That BW influences the movie the most? BW doesn't influence the movie at all, since the screen writers are asked to research on Generation 1 TF.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #69
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo
 
chiefchirpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,234
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
That's the most ridiculous crap I ever heard. The only reason G1 gets re-referenced is copyright issues.
It's not copyright issue. G1 is referenced in the movie because it will based largely on G1. What's stopping Dreamworks to use name Optimal Prime or Gigatron? Nothing. Optimus Prime and Megatron is there because they want to make a movie largely based on G1.

Quote:
That's why Optimus, Megatron and Starscream show up in future incarnations because they don't want to lose those characters.
Lose to what? You're cutting the sentences to short or you're alluding to something immaterial.

Quote:
And yes they are highly marketable, but keep in mind Optimus, Megatron and some form of Starscream and Bumblebee have all been part of the Transformers-verse.
Yes, so? TF fans know more about Starscream than Waspinator. Bumblebee more than Cheetor.

Quote:
G1 died 20 years ago, they make future incarnations to sell a new product, not an old one.
G1 doesn't die, bonehead. The writers are asked to research Generation 1 TF in making the movie.

Quote:
Hasbro in fact is the one who adviced them to drastically change all the designs.
Captain Obvious. No need to explain this me.

Quote:
They were originally going to call them Soundwave, but dropped that as well. It's immaterial, they called him Blackout.
Soundwave -> Soundbyte -> Frenzy
Vortex -> Blackout

Quote:
The guy who did the voice of Rhinox does Ironhide's voice in the game dumbass.
What's this has to do with the game or the voice actor?

Ironhide in the movie is to reference G1 Ironhide character. Not Rhinox and his voice actor.

Quote:
And Optimus Prime was a monkey for quiet some time. As me and Lars have tried to tell you, this is not a G1 movie. It's a combination of ALL the franchises being celebrated in one movie.
You don't read the Wiki page I gave you. Is this always an issue with you to never listening to other people's reasoning?

Short version: they're looking at the G1 lore, but made modifications later because some of things told in G1 is not appropriate for the movie - including the alt.mode, the Ark and so on.
Quote:
So what, me and Lars point still stands it's not a G1 movie, it's a 20 years of Transformers movie. And furthermore the Alt.mode is the same as his G2 form bud.
What's this you're trying to take a buddy on this issue? Haha, lily-livered can't stand up by yourself.

The reason that there's changes on the alt mode is because of decisions. They at one point consider Bumblebee as a VW Bug (thoght it off because it will be similar to Herbie) and Optimus as the original cab trailer (thought it off because it will be too short).

Quote:
G1 was a comic before it was a show. So by your logic the Marvel comic was the inspiration...except for the fact that the producers didn't look towards that comic, and were instead sent the IDW and Dreamwave books instead.
Toys -> Show -> Comic.

Quote:
You're the one who keeps shouting G1 film like a chicken with it's head cut off, not that article. It just mentions that DeSanto and Murphy sought to make a G1 film then goes onto say how Bay and Hasbro pushed them away from that.
Read my post above this. It's largely based on G1, no matter how you want to diss the G1 lore.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #70
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo
 
chiefchirpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,234
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
Since Beast Wars means after, not during. G1 did use a combination, only because of the toyline not the storyline.
Dinobots, Predacons, etc

You're just plain ignorant.

Quote:
Incorrect. Beast Wars voice actors are just as common, if not moreso at BotCon conventions and are often the biggest draw. David Kaye and Gary Chalk are easily just as beloved, and just as big a draw.
You don't suppose to negate that Peter Cullen is more famous as Optimus Prime (or Frank Welker as Megatron) than David Kaye and Gary Chalk, huh?

Quote:
In fact the www.Allspark.com. That message board will virtually blacklist you for liking G1. Here check this thread: http://www.allspark.com/forums/index...howtopic=31727
Wow, is there a board that bans people from discussing G1? Amazing.

I don't care, idle-head. TF is not my life and I said all along I'm not a G1 purist.

Quote:
Okay, but they took that from future incarnations, not G1.
Who are you to say that they took it from future incarnations? Do you have evidences or you're just pulling it from somewhere I don't want to smell.

Quote:
I did. End of story.
I said "But tell me, is it a monopoly of BW to have a smaller cast, and G1 must always have a large cast of robots?"

You said: "I did. End of story"

Huh?

Quote:
"Loosely" is the key word. Except for Optimus and Megatron's eternal struggle, when they abandone the premise, story, animation style, voice actors, writing staff and basically anything else you can think of. It's not G1, it's is its own thing.
Read the Wiki.

Quote:
Refer to what Lars said
Next time, if you want to uphold your arguments please bring all the evidences need it for me to look at easily.

Quote:
G1 doesn't hold a monopoly on Car Robots. And as you pointed out even G1 used Beasties. If G1 were the best way to convey Transformers it wouldn't have been cancelled in 1987.
Who says G1 has a monopoly on Car Robots? I might say G1 has both beasts and vehicular alt-modes, and BW can only stick with beasts because the storyline restricts it.

GI JOE and He-Man were cancelled in the 80's. It doesn't stop producers to make movie based on them, yes? I don't know if you have reading comprehension or the stronghead of yours skipped the part on the Wiki link I gave you where it says clearly that the producers are aiming for a TF movie based on G1-lore.

Quote:
I can disable your whole argument with one sentence actually: G1 is not a fiction, it's a toyline designation. You need some help explaining that for you. Here it goes. Hasbro sells toys, G1 was created to sell those toys, when new toys are made ergo a new show is made unconnected to the prior show. G1 is a continuity that is not a rolling continuity like Marvel, it had a definite end and several reboots of the Transformers line have followed. Transformers doesn't build off of it's fiction, it builds off of it's toyline. That's why all it's fictions are so drastically different.
If G1 is not an ongoing-lore, why the comics and reimagined animated series still exists? IIRC there will be Avengers vs Transformers comics coming this month. The said Transformers will be G1 characters, not BW characters.

What's my argument anyway? That the movie is largely based on G1? Check. I stick to my point, pal. Not like you "the movie is based on BW, no Armada, no Energon, ah it's just not based on G1." Haha. And that dual gatling guns. ROLFMAO. Check your eyes to the nearest opthalmologist. I'm willing it's not your eyes that are damaged. It's your mind.


Last edited by chiefchirpa; 07-03-2007 at 10:10 PM. Reason: _
chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #71
lars573
Side-Kick
 
lars573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Scotland Canada
Posts: 3,748
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
Dinobots, Predacons, etc

You're just plain ignorant.
This right here is you just being plain stupid. The Dinobots (all of them), and the insecticons are Diaclone toys. Released in 1982 as Dinosaur Robo's and Waruders respectivly. Proof.

The Predacons were desinged in full by a team of engineers that Takara poached from Bandai. And it's been asserted that they walked out with an unused Megazord design and adapted it into Predaking.

__________________
I for one welcome our new red flamed, fish-lipped savior. May he always defend us from the scrap metal Devil.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:52 PM   #72
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,648
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
If G1 is not an ongoing-lore, why the comics and reimagined animated series still exists?
As reboots and relaunches that appeal to a very small market. IDW isn't a huge comic producer. And furthermore they aren't "ongoing". No comic (aside from G2) has ever built off G1 comics. This new IDW series will feature, for example, a Nightbeat who is not a headmaster, a Hot Rod who has a different alt mode, a Prowl that is a Nissan Z, and a Megatron that is a tank. In addition Galvatron is not Megatron upgraded this time around. So no, not ongoing.
Quote:
IIRC there will be Avengers vs Transformers comics coming this month. The said Transformers will be G1 characters, not BW characters.
And there is a Beast Wars ongoing in the works at IDW along with a new comic based on Transformers:animated and a comic based on "Heart of Steel" and other alternate Universe takes. Those aren't G1.
Quote:
What's my argument anyway? That the movie is largely based on G1? Check.
Largely, how so. Character names, and the Witwicky last name, and Peter Cullen aside. The plot - not G1. The character designs - not G1. The premise - not G1. The origin - not G1. The human supporting cast - not G1. The date of arrival - not 1984. The alt modes - not G1. So largely it's based on a brand new concept much like the last umpteen toylines and fictions produced by Hasbro. No surprise there.
Quote:
I stick to my point, pal. Not like you "the movie is based on BW, no Armada, no Energon, ah it's just not based on G1."
Learn to read. No one said it was based on Beast Wars. Both me and Lars said it was a film which encompasses the last 23 years of TF history. Energon, Armada, IDW, Dreamwave, Marvel, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Transformers, Japan continuities included. We even get a reference to "diaclone" in the movie. So, no both your straw man representation of our argument and your piss poor assertions are both sadly incorrect.
Quote:
Haha. And that dual gatling guns. ROLFMAO. Check your eyes to the nearest opthalmologist. I'm willing it's not your eyes that are damaged. It's your mind.
And you're getting a mod report for that. Learn to debate civilly.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:06 AM   #73
ShadowBoxing
Banned User
 
ShadowBoxing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the Gym
Posts: 30,648
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
Toys -> Show -> Comic.
Jim Shooter and Bob Budinsky wrote the concept to the comic and toyline before the cartoon came out with the pilot.
Quote:
Hasbro was enjoying a healthy relationship with Marvel Comics after the success of the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. Marvel was approached once again with providing a backstory for the new toy line which was developed by Jim Shooter and Dennis O'Neil. Bob Budiansky was brought in to create names and profiles for the characters.
The comic stories predate the pilot. That's why you see Ratchet change from a toy accurate design in the comic to a toon accurate design by the end of the fourth or fifth issue. Because the Sunbow people had not finalized designs by the time they were done penning the initial four issue mini.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:14 AM   #74
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear
 
Daredevil_2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 973
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

The concept and setting of G1 is my favorite, but I'm sorry to say it is not the end all, be all of TF, every incarnation has it's pros and cons and that's why I loved the movie so much, I prefer the '20 Years of Transformers' film over a slavish G1 movie which is basically a fan boy ejaculation rather than a good idea. All the best comic adaptations have taken elements from all over the mythos (Superman: The Movie, Batman Begins, Spidey 1 and 2, etc)

Daredevil_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:18 AM   #75
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo
 
chiefchirpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,234
Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
As reboots and relaunches that appeal to a very small market. IDW isn't a huge comic producer. And furthermore they aren't "ongoing". No comic (aside from G2) has ever built off G1 comics. This new IDW series will feature, for example, a Nightbeat who is not a headmaster, a Hot Rod who has a different alt mode, a Prowl that is a Nissan Z, and a Megatron that is a tank. In addition Galvatron is not Megatron upgraded this time around. So no, not ongoing.
Any reimagining of G1 will carry on as time changes. Say you're living in 2030, are you still going to read TFs that has an alt-mode of 80's period vehicles. Maybe so, but this material is not gonna be popular with readers at that time. 2030 readers want to see updated TFs. Reimagining is a given. Even so for a movie watched by people not accustomed to the cartoon.

Quote:
Largely, how so. Character names, and the Witwicky last name, and Peter Cullen aside. The plot - not G1. The character designs - not G1. The premise - not G1. The origin - not G1. The human supporting cast - not G1. The date of arrival - not 1984. The alt modes - not G1. So largely it's based on a brand new concept much like the last umpteen toylines and fictions produced by Hasbro. No surprise there.
If you want to create an X-Men movie, is the origin going to be exactly the same as it is in the comics? Exactly the same? Is Joss Whedon's Rogue and Wolvie is the same as it's in 616 X-Men or Ultimate origin. Does this mean it's not X-Men. Of course not. The directors and/or scriptwriters will take liberty on everything necessary to make the movie more believable and sellable to the audience. You can see from the Wiki page or any source about the TF movie that the lore heavily based for the movie is Generation 1.

Quote:
Learn to read. No one said it was based on Beast Wars. Both me and Lars said it was a film which encompasses the last 23 years of TF history. Energon, Armada, IDW, Dreamwave, Marvel, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Transformers, Japan continuities included. We even get a reference to "diaclone" in the movie. So, no both your straw man representation of our argument and your piss poor assertions are both sadly incorrect.
I'm saying that the TF lore that's most researched for the movie is G1. And it has been proven and printed in Wiki. Lars has never been into the argument with me afterall.

Quote:
And you're getting a mod report for that. Learn to debate civilly.
Bring it on. I'll turn you over to mod too if you do that.

At least I don't say "dumbass" in my post, I'm just cajolling over your weak argument with introducing Ironhide with gatling guns. Why do you get that sensitive?

Quote:
The guy who did the voice of Rhinox does Ironhide's voice in the game dumbass.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.