The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 07-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #26
Hoedowned
Side-Kick

Default Re: Seth rogen to be the green hornet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdonnie View Post
haha...is this serious?? His writing is good...Ali G anyone, and he was hilarious in both 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up(which he WILL receive Golden Globe nom for)
Well he's pretty damn good at writing comedy, we know that. But he's kinda out of his genre here a little bit isn't he? Then again, he may be trying to branch out and do something more serious here.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #27
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It goes back to fanboys not like guys that worked in comedy doing superhero stuff. Favreau got some flack, Tim Story got his flack(some deserved, but not all), and now Rogen. We want indie directors with peabody awards doing our superheroes, go figure.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #28
Catman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest19 View Post
Doubt it. Possible a tech guy? I could easily see him in a role along those lines in a film like this... similar to Smith's character in 'Die Hard'.
I'm not an expert on Green Hornet since all I know of the character is from the 1960s TV series. But, maybe he's playing a role like 'The Kid' in Dick Tracy but you know...older.

Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:17 PM   #29
Tempest19
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
It goes back to fanboys not like guys that worked in comedy doing superhero stuff. Favreau got some flack, Tim Story got his flack(some deserved, but not all), and now Rogen. We want indie directors with peabody awards doing our superheroes, go figure.
Imo- Favreau may be delivering the 'Batman Begins' of the MARVEL universe!

Everything is looking GREAT on that film. The best cast a fan can ask for with noteworthy and acclaimed actors. I mean hell, Robert Downey Jr. is practically Tony Stark! And Favreau is the type of director who focuses on the practical rather than the CGI, see 'Zathura', which is just what Iron Man needed. Some other director may have went overly CGI with it.

Still have yet to see the final product, but I'd be surprised if it isn't the best MARVEL film to date! If not possibly second best- at a possible worst- second only to SM2. If the film is just as good as this seemingly 'stars alligning' for the film like it did for BB, we are in for a masterpiece.

So don't discount him just yet, if you were in your post.... what it all depends on is:

1. A director who gets the source material.
2. A great story and screenplay.
3. Great/ phenomenal cast.

We don't need indie directors directing these films, what we need is guys that get the characters. We can have the best indie director of all time directing a superhero film, but if he doesn't get the character- it's going to be the biggest disappointment of all time. A director's background does NOT matter- his knowledge and love for the character does.

Last edited by Tempest19; 07-19-2007 at 10:21 PM.
Tempest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:50 PM   #30
CFE
This is a job for...

*walks into thread; sees Rogen's picture next to Green Hornet's*

*walks back out*

CFE

Chas Blankenship's "BAT-MANIA - The Exhibition Blog" -- Chas Blankenship's "SUPER-MANIA - The Exhibition Blog" - Coming Soon
CFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:53 PM   #31
Movies205
Corporate Money

I really would ofl ove to read Kevin SMith's GH script...

Movies205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:09 PM   #32
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

I love Seth Rogen and he is a damn fine comedic actor/writer. But this is um.....really out of nowhere. I don't think people are getting so worked up because Rogen's talent is in question but it is more of a WTF?

Old 07-19-2007, 11:17 PM   #33
CFE
This is a job for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
I love Seth Rogen and he is a damn fine comedic actor/writer. But this is um.....really out of nowhere. I don't think people are getting so worked up because Rogen's talent is in question but it is more of a WTF?
Well, it's just because he's so synonymous with the "collegiate toilet comedy" branch of the comedy genre.

This is like seeing Robin Williams doing films like "One Hour Photo" and "Insomnia."

It hits you out of left field; the idea of a funnyman being brought to attention for a dramatic role...

CFE

Chas Blankenship's "BAT-MANIA - The Exhibition Blog" -- Chas Blankenship's "SUPER-MANIA - The Exhibition Blog" - Coming Soon
Old 07-19-2007, 11:18 PM   #34
user123456789
Side-Kick

he needs to lose about 40lbs

user123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #35
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
I've been thinking about this, and I'll ask this question:

Is this really any different than "Kevin Smith to write and direct Green Hornet?" If Rogen is a fan, and he strikes me as the kind of guy who would be, do you think he'd piss all over the brand?

Huge difference between the star and the guy behind the camera. Smith is a big fan of the Hornet and probably would have done it justice. But having Smith as the hornet would be ridiculous. I have no problem with Rogen writing(as long as he doesn't make it a comedy) but I sure don't want to see him as the Hornet.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:51 PM   #36
Tempest19
Banned User

JW, why the fck do people still believe he's portraying Green Hornet. They said he would star in the film- they did NOT say he would be Green Hornet.

This is like the beginning of a horrible rumor. Yep, a rumor that fans created- nothing stated he would be Green Hornet.

God damn, I'm getting a headache! Srry for the rant, but what's the reading comprehension level around here???

Last edited by Tempest19; 07-19-2007 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:54 PM   #37
Tempest19
Banned User

Double Post

Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 PM   #38
CFE
This is a job for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest19 View Post
JW, why the fck do people still believe he's portraying Green Hornet. They said he would star in the film- they did NOT say he would be Green Hornet.

This is like the beginning of a horrible rumor. Yep, a rumor that fans created- nothing stated he would be Green Hornet.

God damn, I'm getting a headache! Srry for the rant, but what's the reading comprehension level around here???
Apparently not a lot, since you seem to not have the same idea of what it means to "star" in a film that everyone else does.

If Seth Rogen "stars" in GH, who the hell else would he play besides GH himself?

CFE

Last edited by CFE; 07-20-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:00 AM   #39
Dark Donnie
Kenny Powers is Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMICFILMEXPERT View Post
Apparently not a lot, since you seem to not have the same idea of what it means to "star" in a film that everyone else does.

If Seth Rogen "stars" in GH, who the hell else would he play besides GH himself?

CFE

CFE
I was just going to say that...

Old 07-20-2007, 12:08 AM   #40
Threshold
Simply Amazing

I'm suddenly finding myself a bit more interested in the cinematic adaptation of THE GREEN HORNET...

Old 07-20-2007, 12:09 AM   #41
Tempest19
Banned User

One of the -supporting- characters... if you get a great comedian who can offer comic relief- and since he is already working on the project as the writer- it would be a smart decision to see if he can play that type of character in the film... for example- I could see him as a tech guy along the lines of Kevin Smith in LFODH.

It's too absurd a notion to even think or even think that Rogen would go along with the possibility of Green Hornet. Rogen would even know it wouldn't be a smart move physically because- at least I don't think- he's in shape to be taking on any action movie due to the normal requirements.

However, he can still star (co-star) in the film as a comic relief character that is one of the main supporting characters.

This reminds me way too much of the Jack Black thing. Besides, in all liklihood if the studio is that insane I doubt that Rogen is, he'd probably be laughing at the notion right now... an action role would be way too demanding of a task/challenge.

Last edited by Tempest19; 07-20-2007 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:22 AM   #42
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Didn't like Black in King Kong?

Old 07-20-2007, 12:25 AM   #43
Tempest19
Banned User

?

I liked Black in Kong, he was great in that film. Kong is actually my favorite Peter Jackson film, above LOTR.

But, I couldn't see him as Green Lantern.

Sound familiar?

Old 07-20-2007, 01:31 AM   #44
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Rogen is playing Kato.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:33 AM   #45
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

well......at least its not green lantern.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #46
Mauser9910
Side-Kick

The Green Hornet was only interesting because of Bruce Lee so, unless they try to have a decent story and some ass kicker like Tony Jaa...
It smells more like Lost in Space or Thunderbirds in the making...

Mauser9910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:03 AM   #47
CFE
This is a job for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
Rogen is playing Kato.
That would be even worse than him playing GH, since everyone who watched the show was really watching it for Kato.

CFE

Old 07-20-2007, 08:00 AM   #48
SoulManX
The Inspector!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauser9910 View Post
The Green Hornet was only interesting because of Bruce Lee so, unless they try to have a decent story and some ass kicker like Tony Jaa...
It smells more like Lost in Space or Thunderbirds in the making...
Hmmm...

Old 07-20-2007, 09:48 AM   #49
Greenhorn
Time Travel Agent

I'm hearing deva vu here. I remember the same fists in the air back in the late 80's when another talented comic actor signed on for a sacred comic icon.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:51 AM   #50
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I don't know a lick about GreenHornet so I'm not disappointed or excited, I'm just... meh?

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote