The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #51
lars573
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Transformers 2 news,info, etc thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
I hope when Bay says 'more and unique', he's not talking about getting crazy with the designs. Plus i hope this means we'll see more G1 chaarcters , as opposed to Hasbro trying to cash in by making more NEW characters to sell more toys...
There wasn't a single "new" character in the movie.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #52
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Considering how good the first movies FX were, they can only get better in TF2, I'm looking forward to seeing just how much they improve on.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 01-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #53
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

From the front page:

Quote:
Lorenzo di Bonaventura on G.I. Joe, Transformers 2
Source: IESB January 8, 2008

IESB has posted a great interview with G.I. Joe and Transformers 2 producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura in which he provides updates on both projects.

About G.I. Joe, he says that shooting starts in five weeks, that you can expect more casting announcements in the next few weeks, and he talks about the cast members so far and storyline. Here are just a few clips:

It's a tricky balance. One, you want to keep the story elements secret. I can say this very convincingly, if you're a Joe vs. Cobra fan, then you will be feel incredibly happy about the movie... I would say a Batman Begins. Well, I would say this, it would be more like the original Batman in the sense that you know, it's really taking a comic book, have you seen the original cartoon movie? The Joe movie?... If you would you say the original GI Joe movie was like the original Batman movie with Jack Nicholson then I would say this is like Batman Begins.

He added that they are targeting a June 2 start for Transformers 2, but that date is up in the air because of the writers strike:

We're nowhere because of the strike, we won't know until we come back. We have a very fine outline and we know exactly where we want go with the movie but until this writers strike comes back, we'll find out exactly where we are. Michael is completely on top of every detail. He's designed a lot of great stuff already. He's got a lot of great sequences imagined but you know, he needs some writers to work with before he's ready to go, so I would say June 2nd is an unofficial start, it's the target date we'd like to go for but, you know, we've got to get some writers to help us.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #54
Super Kal
Side-Kick

here's to getting things settled with the strike

Old 01-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #55
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

June 2nd hey, well it will be nice to see TF2 in pre production, we may even get the TF2 forum setup right by then.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 01-15-2008, 09:25 AM   #56
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

^

Old 01-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #57
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

From the SHH front page:

Quote:
Bay on Prepping Transformers 2 During Strike
Source: Variety January 18, 2008

Director Michael Bay told Variety that he has been preparing to get the Transformers sequel into production, strike or no strike.

"We knew from early on that the writers strike could get ugly, and this has got to bring a little sanity to the situation," Bay said. "I can't do the movie without my writers, but I have been prepping. I'm not in the guild, but I've been writing every day. This strike (is) insane, and a director's responsibility is to the 50 crew members who depend on you for their livelihoods. We've got battle plans ready for the possibility of an actors strike. Somehow, you've got to keep the ball rolling."

Hopefully the Directors Guild of America's tentative agreement with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers will lead to agreements with the Writers Guild of America and Screen Actors Guild as well.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #58
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

So Bay could write the sequel.....

Has he written anything before?

How far through the prepping were they when the strike hit?

Old 01-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #59
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

I think he's probably written a rough outline of what he wants to happen and the action sequences. As far as dialogue; i think that's what he wants the writers to tackle.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #60
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Well with the DGA... or whatever the directors group is called... agreeig a deal i can't see the writers holding out much longer, Especially if the actors follow with their own deal soon.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #61
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

There is also a good chance Bay has caught up with Hasbro again to deal with new bots to join the cast. He's probably doing as much as he can to get this movie going without the help of the writers. If he wasn't I wouldn't expect to see TF2 out for quite some time.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 01-18-2008, 11:56 PM   #62
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Anyone else think its funny that the movie seems to be already to go except for the script? Like its the least important aspect of making the movie?

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Old 01-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #63
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Not really, we all knew full well that the writers strike would have an impact on the development of TF2, Bay is just trying to do as much as he can without them. He has the movie set to be released in roughly 18 months from now, if he was to wait for the writers before doing anything then I couldn't see them making the release date. I just hope they don't rush its production due to the effects of the writers (and maybe a potential actors) strike.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 01-19-2008, 06:12 AM   #64
dark_b
Side-Kick

i think he is writting at home ideas on papers. so that when the writters are back he will have tons of ideas for the story and action scenes.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:28 AM   #65
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde X View Post
Not really, we all knew full well that the writers strike would have an impact on the development of TF2, Bay is just trying to do as much as he can without them. He has the movie set to be released in roughly 18 months from now, if he was to wait for the writers before doing anything then I couldn't see them making the release date. I just hope they don't rush its production due to the effects of the writers (and maybe a potential actors) strike.
Thats my biggest worry with TF2, history has shown us that a rushed movie often ends up being no better than average, X3 is a prime example of an extremely poor movie resulting from a rushed production.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #66
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Well i wouldnt worry about a Rushed production here I mean i know he gets alot of hate but the guy has ALOT of pull in this bussiness and if he feels like he is pacing incorrectly he will say so. the mman is extremely blunt form what i have gathered and I think we will get a very good sequel, just look at Bad Boys 2 i mean it wasnt amazing but he did what you are supposed to do with a sequel he made it bigger and better not to metion i think he has a true passion for this property now ecspecially if he is now writing all kinds of stuff down for his "ideas" that is dedication.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #67
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
There wasn't a single "new" character in the movie.
however Hasbro did try after the movie to make some extra money With there toys. I saw the same Transformers, same shape and everything. But with a different paint job and a different name.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Old 01-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #68
gfleming21
Side-Kick

honestly id rather them wait and do a good job out of it rather than screw it up and rush to make the relase date and making it suck. i think all the special effects alone would take months so if it has to wait till 2010 let it be.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #69
Lord Blackbolt
Side-Kick

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gGQsthDNGW0&feature=related

Anyone seen this.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #70
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Sure have.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #71
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Well i wouldnt worry about a Rushed production here I mean i know he gets alot of hate but the guy has ALOT of pull in this bussiness and if he feels like he is pacing incorrectly he will say so. the mman is extremely blunt form what i have gathered and I think we will get a very good sequel, just look at Bad Boys 2 i mean it wasnt amazing but he did what you are supposed to do with a sequel he made it bigger and better not to metion i think he has a true passion for this property now ecspecially if he is now writing all kinds of stuff down for his "ideas" that is dedication.
All of this is true, but if the studio wants the movie out in June '09, Bay may have no choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Blackbolt View Post
That is unbelievably ****ing funny!

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #72
Figs
Banned User

Front page says Bay finished his script/treatment and they have all the transformer designs down.

Michael Bay Has Written Transformers 2
Source: Rotten Tomatoes, IESB February 12, 2008

Transformers 2 director Michael Bay told Rotten Tomatoes at the Visual Effects Society awards that he's already written the sequel and will pass on his script to the screenwriters, who are coming off of the strike:

"I've been writing Transformers 2," said Bay. "We've got our characters all designed. I always write all my scripts, my movies anyway so at least I've got something to give the writers. It's like a template. We have a really good outline so I worked on that." It might be a tad unorthodox, but Bay has high pressure demands. "We had to because I want to make my date. I'm not going to let the strike take me down."

Bay also spoke to IESB, who he assured that we won't be seeing Dinobots in the follow-up. ILM's Scott Farrar also told the site that there will be a lot more robots this time and that the animatics look amazing so far.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #73
matthooper
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmanJ View Post
Front page says Bay finished his script/treatment and they have all the transformer designs down.

Michael Bay Has Written Transformers 2
Source: Rotten Tomatoes, IESB February 12, 2008

Transformers 2 director Michael Bay told Rotten Tomatoes at the Visual Effects Society awards that he's already written the sequel and will pass on his script to the screenwriters, who are coming off of the strike:

"I've been writing Transformers 2," said Bay. "We've got our characters all designed. I always write all my scripts, my movies anyway so at least I've got something to give the writers. It's like a template. We have a really good outline so I worked on that." It might be a tad unorthodox, but Bay has high pressure demands. "We had to because I want to make my date. I'm not going to let the strike take me down."

Bay also spoke to IESB, who he assured that we won't be seeing Dinobots in the follow-up. ILM's Scott Farrar also told the site that there will be a lot more robots this time and that the animatics look amazing so far.
Here's the script he turned in:

Fade In:

Robots do stuff.

(Insert bad plot)

More mindless action with even more robots than the first one.

Fade Out

Old 02-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #74
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

That was hilarious.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #75
Yūgi's BM
Side-Kick

Come now children, the movie's primary purpose is to sell toys. The more robots the more toys and the more toys the happier HASBRO is.