The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #76
IamProdigy
Banned User

Default Re: The Transformers 2 news,info, etc thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthooper View Post
Here's the script he turned in:

Fade In:

Robots do stuff.

(Insert bad plot)

More mindless action with even more robots than the first one.

Fade Out

Sounds WAY better than Spider-Man 3.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:48 PM   #77
The Freak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamProdigy View Post
Sounds WAY better than Spider-Man 3.

Transformers didn't do as good as spider amn 3 at the box office, nor in video game sales or even in toys.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #78
Thirteen Shadows
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Freak View Post
Transformers didn't do as good as spider amn 3 at the box office, nor in video game sales or even in toys.
Because the movie that makes the most money is the better film.

*cough*Meetthespartans*cough*

Old 02-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #79
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I'm not surprised Bay didn't include the Dinobots, it's the sort of concept he would consider stupid

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #80
ihateusernames
Side-Kick

Quote:
Your telling me spider-man toys sold more than transformers?

Don't get me wrong, I love both... but, I want some proof.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #81
skorponok
----------

Quote:
Spider-man 3 also cost around TWICE as much to make as Transformers...so you lose

Old 02-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #82
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #83
millennium movies
Banned User

He already failed at his statement when he put the part that says that this is the third in the franchise aka 3...

Old 02-12-2008, 11:15 PM   #84
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
TF is kickin' ass in DVD sales, though. Spider-Man 3 was rubbish, anyway.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #85
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Wow, this movie is gonna' be worse than the first one. At least the writers were on this before Bay and so was Speilberg's input. The Bay ego is going overboard on this one. Say what you will about Raimi, but despite the problems he may have with pacing, he understands character development. The first one had very little and was in development before Bay saw the script. This is a bad sign methinks.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:03 AM   #86
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

This has "bad move" written all over. Orci and Kurtzman's original script was pretty mediocre, even when keeping an open mind. The SFX and touchups were what made the film good. Now Bay's doing a knockoff of that by himself? Here's hoping it's either a) one of the best things he's ever made or b) is fixed by a proficient writer.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 AM   #87
IamProdigy
Banned User

Quote:
I guess no one agreed with your statement, huh? Lol.

Spider-Man 3 was had twice the budget that Transformers did, but yet, had much, much better effects(besides the Sandman transformation scene, I must admit, it was an actual great scene even for that movie, SFX and emotional, and that should deserve major props), but in the outcome Spider-Man 3 was a downfall of a desperate move because it did not go pass all the hype; the video game, okay, I'll give you that one, the TF game wasn't the best, it could've been better, but being Optimus Prime was sweet, lol; and the toys, well, I have no freaking clue.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:07 AM   #88
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

Even in the toy category, Hasbro voiced disappointment that the SM3 toys didn't sell more than they already did in light of the amount they expected to sell. I haven't heard such a comment made in regards to the TF film's toyline.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:12 AM   #89
DACrowe
Side-Kick

What does it matter? Why is it war between fanboys? I simply think there is more heart and depth to SM3, but TF has better action and a more balanced (if extremely formulaic and self-serious full of pretentions) pacing. But I could care less which made more money. I know which I like better and that is all that matters.

Anyway, people who are defending Bay and the studio for going deep into pre-production without a screenplay because it is the only way of meeting the release date for next year are missing the point. Reaching that said release date should not be the priority. One would think taking an extra year to make a better movie would equate to better returns and longevity of the franchise and the novelty would not run out in the meantime with no other giant robot franchise out there (albeit I'd love to see a Gundam trilogy). It is a move to make a quick buck by the studio, which is why many show disdain for the move because there is nothing creative or artistic driving the decision as they are essentially opting to make an inferior movie so as to make money faster. Movies are a business, but it is nice when the director and "auteur" of the movie is thinking beyond the bottom line. That is the critique they are (minorly) facing.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:00 AM   #90
Decoy Lad
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
What does it matter? Why is it war between fanboys? I simply think there is more heart and depth to SM3, but TF has better action and a more balanced (if extremely formulaic and self-serious full of pretentions) pacing. But I could care less which made more money. I know which I like better and that is all that matters.
Well said DACrowe, it doesn't matter which movie made more at the boxoffice or peddled more merchandise, it's the quality of the movies themselves that counts, Oh we're talking about Spider-Man 3 and Transformers.... uhmm nevermind.

As for Micheal Bay Writing , he probably just reworked his script for Pearl harbor 2: Reloaded.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #91
dark_b
Side-Kick

whait a minute. does this mean that TF2 is coming out in 2009 ?
because why did he say that he has a date if he would mean 2010?

Old 02-13-2008, 01:16 AM   #92
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chibi Kiriyama View Post
This has "bad move" written all over. Orci and Kurtzman's original script was pretty mediocre, even when keeping an open mind. The SFX and touchups were what made the film good. Now Bay's doing a knockoff of that by himself? Here's hoping it's either a) one of the best things he's ever made or b) is fixed by a proficient writer.
I think he just wrote the outline of the script, Orci and Kurtzman will rewrite it once the strike is over, with a bit of luck they will add there own input into it rather then rely on Bay's limited knowledge of TF's.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-13-2008, 01:17 AM   #93
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
whait a minute. does this mean that TF2 is coming out in 2009 ?
because why did he say that he has a date if he would mean 2010?
look at my sig.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-13-2008, 02:04 AM   #94
millennium movies
Banned User

Man you guys can't read can you? Well some of you anyway...he has written a more detailed version of the outline that the real writers did before the strike started. It's what he would like to see happen in direction based on what they first wrote as an outline. Nothing to get dramatic over...

Writers outline>Bay's update expansion>Writers script

Old 02-13-2008, 03:21 AM   #95
dark_b
Side-Kick

thats true.

and i hope that spielberg is still the producer. i dont think that spielberg wants hes name to be on a dumb and idiotic movie.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:10 AM   #96
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Ehren Kruger is involved with the writing too. That's a real good sign that it will be better than the first one. He's done some really great stuff.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:13 AM   #97
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Michael Bay Has Written Transformers 2
Source: Rotten Tomatoes, IESB
February 12, 2008

Transformers 2 director Michael Bay told Rotten Tomatoes at the Visual Effects Society awards that he's already written the sequel and will pass on his script to the screenwriters, who are coming off of the strike:

"I've been writing Transformers 2," said Bay. "We've got our characters all designed. I always write all my scripts, my movies anyway so at least I've got something to give the writers. It's like a template. We have a really good outline so I worked on that." It might be a tad unorthodox, but Bay has high pressure demands. "We had to because I want to make my date. I'm not going to let the strike take me down."

Bay also spoke to IESB, who he assured that we won't be seeing Dinobots in the follow-up. ILM's Scott Farrar also told the site that there will be a lot more robots this time and that the animatics look amazing so far.

Transformers 2 is scheduled for a June 26, 2009 release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6785
Ah Rats :sad:

Old 02-13-2008, 04:35 AM   #98
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Hhhmm, not sure what to think about this move, but if he just wrote an outline based on the writers' first outline, and then this will be touched up by Orci and Kurtzman, it may work out ok, we'll see.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-13-2008, 04:42 AM   #99
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

I'm aware that it's just an outline. I'm just wondering how fleshed out an outline can become before it's an unofficial script.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #100
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Bay has been prepping the robots, etc as well, so i doubt its a big outline/full script, it will just be things the writers can expand on probably.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Closed Thread