The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 03-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #51
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

I loved the Gotham City of Batman Forever.

I thought things went too far in B&R. The naked statues were cluttered throughout the city by the dozens and they were far too big(Batman being able to ride on them, wtf). The neon as well. At least keep it in moderation, then it works fine.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #52
The Joker_1000
Banned User

I never noticed any naked statues, I'll look out for them the next time I watch the movie & I'm not trying to go to sleep.

The Joker_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #53
Spoonman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanForNever View Post
That's because no one had heard that it sucked yet. I remember my dad taking me and my cousin at the time, and I thought it was alright. I had a t-shirt featuring the logo...I'm a big bat nut. The movie now holds nothing to me except memories of a cool t-shirt and my cousin...I was 13 at the time.
Sorry but I think that's something stupid to say given that BF had good legs and a good total gross (higher than Returns for example, which in its own wasn't the failure it was made out to be), bad word of mouth helped to kill B&R but BF, no way. I remember the general public liked the movie for the most part, I've never understood the revisionist history that the Internet fans apply to Batman Forever just because of B&R.

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #54
I3ATIVIAN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker_1000 View Post
That's your opinion but I think that the movie was pretty good although I hated George Clooney as Bruce Wayne/Batman. I'm watching the movie right now though.
This was the reason Batman went into hiding for almost 10 years was because of this damn movie. It had no sentimental value. The only reason I bought it was because it was in the new digitally mastered pack I bought. Other wise it was garbage. Nipples on Suit, George Clooney as Batman, Arnold as Mr. Freeze(Victor Fries was 6 foot tall in the comic books, not 6'3 and 250 something pounds).

Joel should of died and I think he will after this and Batman Forever.

I3ATIVIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #55
The Joker_1000
Banned User

BF was a great movie & wishing death on someone because they directed a bad movie isn't good.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #56
I3ATIVIAN
Side-Kick

Yeah, that was a bit to much, but still it wasn't that good...

I3ATIVIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:47 PM   #57
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ATIVIAN View Post
This was the reason Batman went into hiding for almost 10 years was because of this damn movie. It had no sentimental value. The only reason I bought it was because it was in the new digitally mastered pack I bought. Other wise it was garbage. Nipples on Suit,
If you didn't like the movie fine, personally, nipples on the suit never bothered me. And it sure wasn't something that made the movie bad. Unless you are telling me you would have liked the movie if the nipples were not there, and I highly doubt that.

Quote:
George Clooney as Batman,
I can say Clooney was my least favorite part about B&R.

Quote:
Arnold as Mr. Freeze(Victor Fries was 6 foot tall in the comic books, not 6'3 and 250 something pounds).
What's your point? None of the actors have the exact same stats as their comic book counterparts. Case in point: Batman. His size certainly wasnt something that made the performance good or bad.

Quote:
Joel should of died and I think he will after this and Batman Forever.
You are truly a pathetic person.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #58
RobinBoy7
Newbie First Class

I enjoy watching this movie even if it is really bad. I was 3 when it came out. Really all I can remember are my first action figures I got were Iceboard Robin and Heatscan Batman the Batmobile from this movie on christmas. I still got them and yeah they are missing all the crap that came with it but I don't care. I also remember when my dad let me watch it when I was 5. My mom wasn't home and my dad had not seen it yet so he rented it. I begged him to see it and scince my mom wasn't home my dad said sure whatever. At age 5 it was awsome but at age 13 it is freaking hilarious! I will never be able to take this movie serously ever agian. It was bad but I'll give it props for being one of my first exposers to Batman and the effects for 1997 were really good and they are still really good for 2008. It was nice to see Robin more and I thought his suit was cool. As for Coloney he is a good actor but just not as Batman. I just watched it today and it brought back memories and made mr laugh a lot. "allow me to break the ice", "Alright everyone chill, Chill!, Chill!", What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age!", If revenge is a dish best served cold than put on your sunday finest" LOL

RobinBoy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:12 AM   #59
The Joker_1000
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Socko View Post
If you didn't like the movie fine, personally, nipples on the suit never bothered me. And it sure wasn't something that made the movie bad. Unless you are telling me you would have liked the movie if the nipples were not there, and I highly doubt that.

I can say Clooney was my least favorite part about B&R.

What's your point? None of the actors have the exact same stats as their comic book counterparts. Case in point: Batman. His size certainly wasnt something that made the performance good or bad.

You are truly a pathetic person.
Yeah, isn't he?

Old 03-02-2008, 12:56 AM   #60
BatmanForNever
The Winged Avenger

Ok here's the thing, it's all manner of opinion. Some people prefer Batman, some love Returns, some claim by Forever, some *gasp* even like Batman & Robin.

But the truth is B&R is a pretty terrible movie. But it's part of the family, it's the unwanted step child. But it's still Batman, we cannot shun it fully, nor do we want to claim it fully.

But to wish death on a director, when I thought he did a pretty awesome job with Forever, is just stupid.

I <3 Nicole Kidman's Tusher.
BatmanForNever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:58 AM   #61
The Joker_1000
Banned User

Exactly, you should never wish death on someone because what if they do die? Then it comes back on you & guess where you'll go after you die?

Old 03-02-2008, 12:59 AM   #62
BatmanForNever
The Winged Avenger

Quote:
Exactly, you should never wish death on someone because what if they do die? Then it comes back on you & guess where you'll go after you die?
Arkham.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:00 AM   #63
The Joker_1000
Banned User

Uh, yeah....that's what I meant too. *looks around the room*

So, what did you think of Bane in this movie?

Old 03-02-2008, 01:04 AM   #64
BatmanForNever
The Winged Avenger

Quote:
Uh, yeah....that's what I meant too. *looks around the room*

So, what did you think of Bane in this movie?
He was used completely wrong, and even though he looks cool, it's still not enough to redeem what they did to him as a character. Rather than being the devious, intelligent villain of the comics, this version is an inarticulate thug who serves as the lackey of Poison Ivy

Here's what he should have been like:

Old 03-02-2008, 01:07 AM   #65
The Joker_1000
Banned User

He was basically changed into a Hulk clone. What we got was the Hulk in a Batman movie & while he was cool for what we saw, he should've been like in TAS where he was devious, cunning, etc. I wish we would've gotten to see Tim Burton's Bane but there's hope for Bane to be in the new Batman franchise.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:09 AM   #66
BatmanForNever
The Winged Avenger

Quote:
He was basically changed into a Hulk clone. What we got was the Hulk in a Batman movie & while he was cool for what we saw, he should've been like in TAS where he was devious, cunning, etc. I wish we would've gotten to see Tim Burton's Bane but there's hope for Bane to be in the new Batman franchise.
I don't think we will see Bane in the new franchise.

I think Nolan will stop at number 3, and finish 3 with Two-Face and perhaps another villain such as the Riddler.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:15 AM   #67
The Joker_1000
Banned User

I would love to see the Riddler but then again, we got a good version of the Riddler in a live action Batman franchise while with Bane we got a clone of the Hulk. I hope we get Bane, he could fit well into the franchise since Nolan is behind the wheel.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:21 AM   #68
BatmanForNever
The Winged Avenger

Quote:
I would love to see the Riddler but then again, we got a good version of the Riddler in a live action Batman franchise while with Bane we got a clone of the Hulk. I hope we get Bane, he could fit well into the franchise since Nolan is behind the wheel.
Well I love what Carrey did with the Riddler. But it wasn't true to the character it was a Gorshin rip-off. The Riddler Nolan would do would be more true to the comic roots, as cold, calculating, and manipulative. Such as the TAS version of the Riddler.

I already like the fact that we have the Scarecrow and Ra's, two characters never done. Now we have a new interpretation of the Joker, and what seems to be Two-face done right this time.

But of course he can pull out anyone, but I don't think we will see the likes of Mr. Freeze, Bane, Clay Face or Man-Bat. Nolan's films seem to grounded more in reality than the previous ones, my bet is will we see either: The Penguin (done more true to the character of the comics), Catwoman, Poison Ivy, or the Riddler in Batman 3.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:28 AM   #69
The Joker_1000
Banned User

Quote:
Well I love what Carrey did with the Riddler. But it wasn't true to the character it was a Gorshin rip-off. The Riddler Nolan would do would be more true to the comic roots, as cold, calculating, and manipulative. Such as the TAS version of the Riddler.

I already like the fact that we have the Scarecrow and Ra's, two characters never done. Now we have a new interpretation of the Joker, and what seems to be Two-face done right this time.

But of course he can pull out anyone, but I don't think we will see the likes of Mr. Freeze, Bane, Clay Face or Man-Bat. Nolan's films seem to grounded more in reality than the previous ones, my bet is will we see either: The Penguin (done more true to the character of the comics), Catwoman, Poison Ivy, or the Riddler in Batman 3.

I agree, he wasn't completely true to the character, Carrey's Riddler still reminds me of the Joker in a lot of ways but I still enjoyed the performance.

I'm really happy that we got Ra's Al Ghul. Besides Bane, the Joker, & Two-Face, he's one my favorite Batman villains as is the Scarecrow who I'm glad we'll be getting in TDK as well.

I think that Bane is somewhat realistic, it's not like he's a character like Clayface that could never ever happen. Bane is one of those characters I could see happening in real life if there were actually a way to pump steroids from your arms into your head & then get bigger in muscle size & in height, etc. If we don't get Bane, I want to either see the Riddler or Catwoman, please no Poison Ivy. A woman who is obsessed with plants isn't interesting to me but I did like TAS incarnation.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:31 AM   #70
BatmanForNever
The Winged Avenger

Quote:
I agree, he wasn't completely true to the character, Carrey's Riddler still reminds me of the Joker in a lot of ways but I still enjoyed the performance.

I'm really happy that we got Ra's Al Ghul. Besides Bane, the Joker, & Two-Face, he's one my favorite Batman villains as is the Scarecrow who I'm glad we'll be getting in TDK as well.

I think that Bane is somewhat realistic, it's not like he's a character like Clayface that could never ever happen. Bane is one of those characters I could see happening in real life if there were actually a way to pump steroids from your arms into your head & then get bigger in muscle size & in height, etc. If we don't get Bane, I want to either see the Riddler or Catwoman, please no Poison Ivy. A woman who is obsessed with plants isn't interesting to me but I did like TAS incarnation.
Actually both villains in Forever were kind of a knock-off of the Joker. Both parts were played wrong, that's more the writing for each character than the acting...they both did well for what they were given.

I just can't see Bane fitting in with the current curve and story arc that the Nolan films have been following. Penguin, Catwoman, and Riddler make the most sense to me. I have no problem with that since Riddler is one of my favorite villains.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:33 AM   #71
The Joker_1000
Banned User

Quote:
Actually both villains in Forever were kind of a knock-off of the Joker. Both parts were played wrong, that's more the writing for each character than the acting...they both did well for what they were given.

I just can't see Bane fitting in with the current curve and story arc that the Nolan films have been following. Penguin, Catwoman, and Riddler make the most sense to me. I have no problem with that since Riddler is one of my favorite villains.
I believe that Nolan has already stated that he doesn't plan on using the Penguin in this franchise. Btw, why exactly can't you see Bane fitting into this franchise?

Old 03-02-2008, 01:39 AM   #72
BatmanForNever
The Winged Avenger

Quote:
I believe that Nolan has already stated that he doesn't plan on using the Penguin in this franchise. Btw, why exactly can't you see Bane fitting into this franchise?
I don't know, it's just the type of character. We go from the cunning Ra's Al Ghul and the conniving and devious little Scarecrow. Fits all nice and tight in a box and by the end of Begins that story line is all tied up with a bow. Then we get a psychotic Joker, and perhaps a cold and devious Two-Face.

Bane for me just doesn't fit in with the current undertones that Nolan is painting.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:41 AM   #73
The Joker_1000
Banned User

Bane is just as devious & as cunning as a lot of other Batman villains so he'd fit in perfectly except he'd be using BRAINS & BRAWN.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:44 AM   #74
BatmanForNever
The Winged Avenger

Quote:
Bane is just as devious & as cunning as a lot of other Batman villains so he'd fit in perfectly except he'd be using BRAINS & BRAWN.

I know he's smart and all, but for me it just doesn't fit. Most of Batman's batles so far haven't really focused on physical foes. The battle with Ra's maybe, but so far the plots and themes are always bigger. Like taking down Gotham City as a whole.

We will see when Nolan announces who the next villain will be, then we will see whose right.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:45 AM   #75
The Joker_1000
Banned User

It gets boring if he's always stopping Gotham from being destroyed. I want to see him taking on someone he can't easily smack around or even fight to a standstill.