The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Cybertron

Old 01-31-2008, 11:09 PM   #51
mojo-x
Side-Kick

Default Re: Transformers comics

I really liked the first 12 issue of the original Marvel series; in fact it was the first comic book series I bought. Anyway the series started out as a 4 part mini but continue after it was successful. Issue 3 featured a cameo by Spiderman, in the black alien custom, along with some other Marvel charters. This would be the only time you would see this as latter it was explained that Transformers and GI Joe were not part of the Marvel Universe and they took place in there own Universe. Any way looking back the series was kind of hit and miss, more misses as it went on IMO. I lost interest with it but I would like to at least have read the ending.

mojo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #52
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

You would think this thread got more attention, considering how popular the TF comics are now. I like the direction IDW had gone with the G1 story, Infiltration, Escalation, Stormbringer, and Devastation are a great read, I hope they continue with the series after Devastation, has some great potential. I'm also liking the Spotlights and how some tie in with the main series. Evolution was a fun little series, different, but worth a read, and I was so glad IDW finished off the War Within series of DW, I finally completed the series.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #53
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde X View Post
You would think this thread got more attention, considering how popular the TF comics are now. I like the direction IDW had gone with the G1 story, Infiltration, Escalation, Stormbringer, and Devastation are a great read, I hope they continue with the series after Devastation, has some great potential. I'm also liking the Spotlights and how some tie in with the main series. Evolution was a fun little series, different, but worth a read, and I was so glad IDW finished off the War Within series of DW, I finally completed the series.
Are these all Graphic Novels/Trade Paper Back's?

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #54
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Infiltration, Escalation, and Stormbringer is out in Trade Paper but Devastation is only up to issue 3 with issue 4 about to be released, so you will have to wait a few months after the final issue has been released until the TP comes out.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #55
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Sweet, they are going to do a Spotlight on Mirage

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #56
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Infiltration, Escalation, and Stormbringer is out in Trade Paper but Devastation is only up to issue 3 with issue 4 about to be released, so you will have to wait a few months after the final issue has been released until the TP comes out.
Cool thanks, i'll try and pick them up before i go to Australia on 03/03, with it being a 24 hour flight, i hope to read them all .

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-07-2008, 11:51 PM   #57
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

They are a great read, I have trouble putting them down most of the time. Some of the spotlights are worth a buy as well as they are sub plots that are linked to events in the main series. I recommend Shockwave (Dinobots guest), Sixshot, Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Nightbeat.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-13-2008, 07:26 AM   #58
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I'll probably pick them up after my holiday, i need to save money for the actual holiday as well of course

Old 02-13-2008, 07:41 AM   #59
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Oh and Soundwave Spotlight, that is a must

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #60
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Grimlock Spotlight coming this April

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-22-2008, 08:24 AM   #61
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I wonder who's shadow that belongs to

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #62
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?

Quote:

I wonder who's shadow that belongs to
What the hell is this for!?

Old 02-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #63
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

It's part of the Transformers live action movie sequel comic mini series, I believe this pic is for the part 2 cover.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-22-2008, 11:45 PM   #64
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?

Getting it.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:47 PM   #65
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I think it's called Starscream Revenge or something to that extent, he makes contact with Barricade and Scorpinok (the only two remaining Decepticons on earth) about a counter strike against the Autobots on earth.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 02-27-2008, 04:58 AM   #66
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Edit.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz

Last edited by Avangarde; 02-27-2008 at 05:11 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:49 AM   #67
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?

Quote:
I think it's called Starscream Revenge or something to that extent, he makes contact with Barricade and Scorpinok (the only two remaining Decepticons on earth) about a counter strike against the Autobots on earth.
Awesome. This looks really good.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:06 AM   #68
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

For those of you concerned, the fith and final series of the G1 IDW Transformers comic is called "Revelation". It is a 4 part series which will be set up similar to the Spotlights where it portrayed from a certain characters point of view. So far the only two characters listed to be featured are Cyclonus and Hardhead, Cyclonus is tits so I am looking forward this this one . Here are the two cover concepts so far for each character, you will see that the two covers join up, if you keep looking you should also see what looks to be part of another TF behind Hardhead, my guess is this mystery TF will be on of the other to feature as the center character for Revelation.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 03-12-2008, 07:09 AM   #69
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
For those of you concerned, the fith and final series of the G1 IDW Transformers comic is called "Revelation". It is a 4 part series which will be set up similar to the Spotlights where it portrayed from a certain characters point of view. So far the only two characters listed to be featured are Cyclonus and Hardhead, Cyclonus is tits so I am looking forward this this one . Here are the two cover concepts so far for each character, you will see that the two covers join up, if you keep looking you should also see what looks to be part of another TF behind Hardhead, my guess is this mystery TF will be on of the other to feature as the center character for Revelation.

Any guess'es???

Old 03-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #70
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Well he has what looks to be a "gun arm", but it aint Shockwave, he has already been featured in a Spotlight, I'd like to think it was Omega Supream but OS is huge and I'm not sure if he would match up to the sizing with what's there.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 03-12-2008, 07:30 AM   #71
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well he has what looks to be a "gun arm", but it aint Shockwave, he has already been featured in a Spotlight, I'd like to think it was Omega Supream but OS is huge and I'm not sure if he would match up to the sizing with what's there.
Also Omega Supream has not been featured in a "Spotlight"....he guest stared in Optimus's spotlight but he has not featured in his own.

And I didnt think that was a gun arm but just the end of a gun but I could be wrong.

Also did you hear that it would be someone that featured in his own spotlight???

Old 03-12-2008, 07:43 AM   #72
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Well this new series is going to be like the Spotlight's but all four are joined together to make up a whole saga which follows on after Devestation. I think the actually Spotlight series will continue on regardless of this new saga.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 03-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #73
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well this new series is going to be like the Spotlight's but all four are joined together to make up a whole saga which follows on after Devestation. I think the actually Spotlight series will continue on regardless of this new saga.
Well I'm thinking that arm can belong to Hoist,Inferno or Graple.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:52 AM   #74
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Yes, you are right, infact either of those 3 would be great to have a feature on.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 03-12-2008, 07:55 AM   #75
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Another thing to note is there looks to be what I would call a blue foot a little lower, although it could also be a finger if he is hunched or bending forward.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz