The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fandom Come > Fan Art

Old 01-27-2008, 03:36 AM   #501
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Default Re: Artistsean's Art Thread

Thanks
I think he would make a great model for Strange.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:40 AM   #502
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I have to take down the Simpson Pages for right now,
Thanks to everyone who gave me such wonderful comments.
I really appreciate them. But for right now I have to take them down.
But hopefully soon I can repost them.
Thanks.

Last edited by Artistsean; 01-31-2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: will repost them later
Old 01-27-2008, 01:39 PM   #503
The Top Hat
Side-Kick

I like it. Love Moes expression outside the soul mate palce.

The Top Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #504
0neDisturbedSOB
Side-Kick

Those are fantastic. Are you working on a specific Simpson related project or just something to showcase in your portfolio?

0neDisturbedSOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #505
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Thank you both for the nice comments, I am so glad you like them.
I am submitting my portfolio to Bongo Comics, so I included some Simpson related pages.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #506
0neDisturbedSOB
Side-Kick

I read that you take classes in Laguna. Is that Laguna Beach, CA?

Old 01-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #507
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Where did you read that?

Last edited by Artistsean; 01-27-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:00 AM   #508
Tissues
Side-Kick

Love the Simpsons one.

My short film about hair loss.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Tissues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #509
0neDisturbedSOB
Side-Kick

Oh man, don't make me go back through the pages and look. I think you said something about your "Laguna classes"....I might have been mistaken.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #510
MODOK
Side-Kick

Hilarious!

Old 01-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #511
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Glad you like it.

Also yes I think I remember posting that. I used to go to a Laguna College for Art.

More art coming soon, I hope.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:21 AM   #512
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

oops

Last edited by Artistsean; 03-21-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #513
tyler-durden
Side-Kick

Nice Simpson pags, you work for bongo?

Old 02-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #514
Mattchew
Side-Kick

damn sean... that falling Moe is perfectly on model... f-ing impressive stuff!

Mattchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:14 AM   #515
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Thank you both, I tried very hard to get them on model.
I don't work for Bongo... yet. Maybe someday soon.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #516
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

oops

Last edited by Artistsean; 03-21-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #517
ihateusernames
Side-Kick

Awesome man, love the simpsons stuff.

ihateusernames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #518
tyler-durden
Side-Kick

Now that you mention I do want to see what route they go with Ultimate Alpha Flight.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #519
Phig
Side-Kick

interesting stuff. i used to love alpha flight back in the day. i especially like what you've done with northstar & aurora's costumes. very cool.

Phig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:22 PM   #520
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I also Ultimized Marrina too, she is posted somewhere on here. You can probably use the search this thread tool. In fact i'll just update that post to include her.

Thanks for liking my stuff. I thought they would be more like a covert SWAT type team instead of a big and loud super team like the Ultimates. I imagined they were sort of like a secret tool of their government or something. I have been plotting out my ideas for this and waiting, so I have built it up alot. I hope their version of Ultimate Alpha Flight is as good as i am expecting.

Last edited by Artistsean; 03-19-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #521
tyler-durden
Side-Kick

I'm more excited to not only only see how their portrayed but the look they go for.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #522
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Me too, I hope they meet my high standards.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:53 AM   #523
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Ultimate Deathstroke
(Hope you all like it)

taken from this comic cover.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

The man under the helmet, Slade Wilson

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Drawn, some tracing, to look like Sean Connery, like how they base some Ultimate characters on actors. For example Nick Fury is based on Sam Jackson.I thought he sort of looked like Sean Connery anyway, so I drew him to look that way. But that doesn't mean he sounds or acts like him, he isn't even Scottish.

Ultimate Deathstroke / Slade Wilson:
Ultimate Slade Wilson, AKA Deathstroke. While most of his past, or anything about really, isn’t known right away or for the next few appearences he makes, this is more of a biography of Deathstoke. This wouldn’t be the Ultimate Teen Titans story he would be featured in.
Regular DC’s Slade Wilson: Lied about his age to get into the military early. From there he excelled in combat and was selected by the Government to become a secret super soldier. However, in the regular DCU, Slade fell ill and when he returned to health he had only gained heightened reflexes and agility. He also got married and had a son. He was later discharged fro the military for dissobeying orders, not rescuing a old friend, and then becme a mercanary calling himself Deathstroke the Terminator. Later Slade’s son was given super soldier powers to kill the Teen Titans, as a mercaray. The powers eventually killed him, or the process used killed him, and Slade went after the Titans himself. Slade over the years has been both friend and deadliest foe of the Titans. This was all a quick wrap up of what happened to Slade in the Regular DC Universe, so that what I save and what I diverge from will be known for now.
Ultimate DC’s Slade Wilson: This version of Slade Wilson also lied about his age in order to get into the military early. And like the other, regular, version Slade excelled in combat and weapons. He was so good infact that he caught the eye of the Government, and his female instructor Adeline Kane. Slade’s instructors and officials, his teachers and what not, noticed his aggression and his violent nature, as well as his moral ambiguity. He was put into a Black Ops unit and sent on questionable missions, and assassinations. As for him and Adeline, the two had, putting it lightly, a rocky relationship. They were on again and off again all the time. There were violent fights as well. During one such fight Adeline shot Slade in the eye. Slade was discharged from the military for disobeying a direct order on an important mission. The details are classified because I don’t know if he should have disobeyed an order to kill (making him a good guy) or disobeyed and order not to kill (making him a bad guy). And that is where Slade and the Government, and Adeline, parted ways. He became a mercenary, code named Deathstroke the Terminator. His fee was high because he was that good. His only companion, what would be as close to a friend as he has, is his butler Wintergreen. (Perhaps, like in regular DCU, the two met during their army days.) Wintergreen acts sort of like Alfred or Mr. Smithers on the Simpsons. He works for Slade but never questions, or actively participates in his work. While not working Slade likes to vacation in places where he can hunt big game in secret, usually because it’s illegal.
Slade’s, or Deathstroke’s, work is what brings him into Dick Grayson’s and the Teen Titan’s lives. He was given a job by Lex Luther, but perhaps he doesn’t know the name of the client, to get rid of the Teen Titans. And even though Slade doesn’t know why and doesn’t care, the reason is because Luther started the Titans as a fluff super team. His version of the Justice League, more of a PR move on Luther’s part. But then the team started to actually fight crime and almost exposed Luther, even tried to before he was able to shut them down. But that isn’t good enough and now he needs them gone, perhaps they possibly know something that could still expose Luther.
So Slade targets them, much like a hunter or a stalker. He waits and watches them, and then starts attacking them. (Side Note: Slade isn’t just a guy who jumps in and attacks with a gun or anything at close range. He is much more tactical than that. He watches and plans, and uses all sorts of weapons and all sorts of maneuvers and distances to get the job done. He is much like Batman when it comes to things like this. He tries to always be prepared.) Unlike Batman however, Slade lacks the patients and gets too angry and aggressive. (I want him to be as dangerous as Batman or Slade from the cartoon, but he must still loose to the Titans.) He also underestimated the Titans.
He is very angered by that and focuses most of the blame on Dick Grayson, the one who beat him. (Not actually sure about his relationship with the Titans by the end of the story. At first it’s a job, but should it eventually become personal or should he develop respect in his own way for them because of their skill?) Perhaps the Titans and Slade are creating such a ruckus that Luther cancels the job, still pays Slade because men like Slade wont go away without the full amount. And so, without the job, Slade has no need to kill them. (Again though, I am not sure. Because I also sort of want him to sort of hate the Titans too. Or at least strongly dislike them and maybe obsess about them a little.)
Eventually I think he should be like his regular DC version, in terms of his relationship with the Titans. He is never their friend, but occasionally they work together to get the same goal or for the greater good. He isn’t always trying to kill them. Maybe he just sees them as enemies or worthy adversaries.
Later on, perhaps in his third or second appearance, Adeline returns. She is on a mission for the military or is a Mercenary herself, and leader of a team sent by someone to kill the Titans or something like that. Maybe this is where Ultimate HIVE is set up. She and Slade’s relationship take up where it left off. They want to kill one another and then want to get married and have lots of babies and a white picket fence. But this time Slade is working with the Titans against Adeline and HIVE.
This story ends sadly, however. Somehow, due to her own fault or one of her teammate’s faults, Adeline’s throat is cut. She begs Slade to kill her. By the end of this mission the Titans feel terribly sorry for Slade. Because the Titans saw such a personal and because they were there and are now associated with that memory Slade turns on the Titans and vows to be their end. One day, he promises, he will be the one who destroys the Titans.

Sometime in his career Slade Wilson began working for the Government again, this time in their Checkmate. (Or perhaps it was Cadmus). This was an agency of the US Defense Department created to handle superhuman situations. Slade Wilson was recruited by Amanda Waller, head of the department. (Another agent or suit who works at Checkmate, maybe not a field agent, is Sgt. Rick Flag.) Slade was forced back into work. Waller took him out of prison to work for the Government on their covert missions because of his many run-ins and battles with super beings. He was given two choices, either work for them or he could go back to life in prison. So Slade went to work for the Government again. This brought Slade directly into situations where he was working against and sometimes for or with superheroes and once or twice villains.

An idea for a later story could feature his first meeting or confrontation with the Batman. Being sort of wealthy himself, due to all his jobs he has done, Slade Wilson and his butler Wintergreen eventually rubs elbows with Bruce Wayne of Wayne Enterprises. He isn’t sent on a job to kill Wayne or anything, maybe to scope out any possible jobs, but Bruce instantly dislikes Slade. This leads to Bruce finding out everything he can about Slade and also to an inevitable all out fight. Slade and Batman go at it holding nothing back, Slade uses all his training and all his weapons, and Batman uses everything he has as well. The fight spans the city of Gothem, and in the end comes down to just the two men and their hand to hand fighting skills. Batman however is much more skilled and in the hand to hand combat easily defeats Slade. Not sure if this leads to Slade’s arrest or if this should lead to Slade escaping but vowing never to get near Gothem again. This might be out of character for Batman, but what if this was Batman’s actively going after Slade and totally messing him up physically and mentally (bringing up things like the death of his wife and his inability to fight children, which would be really out of character) to ensure that Slade never messes with Batman, Gothem, or anyone associated with the two. Sort of like Batman saying, “Yeah, and there is more where that came from if you ever come back.”
It would be a one shot storyline.

He wouldn't be the Titan's only enemy, and his stories would only be featured every so often so he wont get over exposed.

Last edited by Artistsean; 03-22-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:01 PM   #524
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Here is another Ultimate DC character:

Ultimate Captain Atom

Nathaniel Adams was an air force pilot who signed up to test an experimental peice of equipment.
The equipment was to be added to an experimental craft. The equipment, as it turns out, was created using remains of an alien spaceship which was Kryptonian in nature and had something to do with travelling great distances through space or keeping the passenger alive and well throughout the trip through space.
Adams was strapped in, not entirely sure what he was testing. When everything was set they turned it on. The testing area started to glow and Adams began to yell in pain. Suddenly Adam's body was atomized. The scientists and Air Force Officers stood shocked. Adams was gone. Moments later the testing area began to glow again. Bits of glowing energy began to collect together until Adams was fully reformed. Adams lay glowing on the ground, but no one could go help him because the room showed extremely high levels of atomic energy. While they talked about what to do with Adams the testing area was converted into a room for him. The only way people could enter was to wear extremely protective radiation suits. After several days the Officers and scientists returned with a specially made containment suit for him. This would allow him to walk around but keep those around him alive and safe.
The scientists and Adams himself discovered that he had not only become living atomic energy, but he also gained super strength and endurance, the ability to fly, and project energy blasts. He could also absorb energy and convert it to his own body's atomic energy. The quickly began testing him. Meanwhile the Air Force Officers informed the White House, and it was decided to make Nathaniel Adams an official Superhero of the US Government. Now code named Captain Atom, he is called in to handle extreme situations and has worked alongside heroes like Superman or Wonder Woman. His protective suit was altered to give him and more human and friendly look to it and given a symbol to make him look more like a superhero. His gloves were outfitted with opennings that were sealed shut until he wanted to blast something, and would then close instantly when he was done. His helmet, sculpted to look like a face, it outfitted to allow him to hear like regular, but also to communicate with his base of operations.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #525
darkseid26
Banned User

good job sean, my favs the deathstroke

darkseid26 is offline   Reply With Quote