The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man World

Old 03-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #76
Sun_Down
You Best Is Enough

Default Re: LAME: the new iron-man cartoons are about a teen iron-man!

Who the hell really cares? Honestly, we're mostly adults here. The Iron Man movie is for us and the cartoon is for the kids.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:21 PM   #77
bullets
bang bang

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #78
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Who the hell really cares? Honestly, we're mostly adults here. The Iron Man movie is for us and the cartoon is for the kids.

If I was a kid I would still feel screwed.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:22 AM   #79
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
LOL this make a good t-shirt

Old 03-24-2008, 06:43 AM   #80
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Remember when we were kids we got a kick ass Iron man cartoon hahahaha

Lunar_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:54 AM   #81
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Old 03-24-2008, 07:35 AM   #82
strugler
Hadoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA priceless!
Where the hell is that from?
Back to topic, i was an early hater when it came to the new spectacular spidey cartoons, as i dislkied the designs,a nd by the way still prefer the 90's tas design over the new ones, but i have to admit though, the show is capturing the spidey spirit more than any previous spidey cartoon, the animation is good and the writing is excellent, not dumbed down at all. i do think that this can have batman tas effect on spidey fans.

Going back to the "teenage nerd iron man" marvel has a history of overthinking matters and screwing them up. and for some reason im thinking its Avi Arad's problem. The guy needs to move on, he might have been the main reason for us to see the 90's cartoons but we have to admit the guys is not doing great in the new millenium. I dont understand what is the reason for ironman to be a teenager, is defeats the whole idea anf nature of the charactrs, its like you ninja turtles and not make them turtles and put them in high school so kids can relate to them after all how can you relate to a turtle right?

I loved the 90's x-men and hated x-men evolution just because they put the characters in highschool and we all know x-men comics did not start with the characters in highschool and i saw that as a disrespect to the x-men fans and franchise so i ended up not watching them. I did lately tried to watch them on dvd but hated them from the guts.

90's Spidey was awesome, but im loving the spectacular spiderman just because it is so true to the comics.

All in all, the way i see it: Stay true to the comics and you will get crazy ratings, revent the character and your series is doomed (unlimited spiderman, the avengers series, new fantastic four, mtv spidey etc etc etc)

strugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #83
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by strugler View Post
Back to topic, i was an early hater when it came to the new spectacular spidey cartoons, as i dislkied the designs,a nd by the way still prefer the 90's tas design over the new ones, but i have to admit though, the show is capturing the spidey spirit more than any previous spidey cartoon, the animation is good and the writing is excellent, not dumbed down at all. i do think that this can have batman tas effect on spidey fans.

Going back to the "teenage nerd iron man" marvel has a history of overthinking matters and screwing them up. and for some reason im thinking its Avi Arad's problem. The guy needs to move on, he might have been the main reason for us to see the 90's cartoons but we have to admit the guys is not doing great in the new millenium. I dont understand what is the reason for ironman to be a teenager, is defeats the whole idea anf nature of the charactrs, its like you ninja turtles and not make them turtles and put them in high school so kids can relate to them after all how can you relate to a turtle right?

I loved the 90's x-men and hated x-men evolution just because they put the characters in highschool and we all know x-men comics did not start with the characters in highschool and i saw that as a disrespect to the x-men fans and franchise so i ended up not watching them. I did lately tried to watch them on dvd but hated them from the guts.

90's Spidey was awesome, but im loving the spectacular spiderman just because it is so true to the comics.

All in all, the way i see it: Stay true to the comics and you will get crazy ratings, revent the character and your series is doomed (unlimited spiderman, the avengers series, new fantastic four, mtv spidey etc etc etc)
I got the image from google, I just type in LAME: the new iron-man cartoons are about a teen iron-man!

I agree, stay faithful and you will get the ratings, I don't mind little changes here and there(like brock being friends with peter) but making Iron Man a teenager??? Will he have parents? How does a teenager build a suit? Where does he get the money?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #84
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by strugler View Post

its from a short story written during a stunt called assitant editors month it was a story regarding an AVENGERS fan club of kids who'd expelled the member playing iron man because shellhead had been removed from the avengers after falling off the wagonthe scene with the soda bottle was a parody of shellheads situation in the regular storyline

Old 03-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #85
Casius--J
Web Master

Yeah this definately sounds lame. Iīm interested to see why he becomes iron man, the old stories of his heart faillures is what got my interested in Iron Man in the first place. Plus being an adult made him so much cooler.

Casius--J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #86
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Well, technically, X-Men did start in school, they just didn't go to a public school. But they were kids.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:33 PM   #87
Rocker22
Side-Kick

I don't care how old he is as long as the show is good.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #88
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

so...does this mean that we are going to get an alchoholic, womanizing, playboy teenage Stark????

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #89
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-bats View Post
so...does this mean that we are going to get an alchoholic, womanizing, playboy teenage Stark????
Nope, just a soda pop drinking, goofy Strak

Old 03-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #90
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

You guys should have lived through the '70s, when we got a teen-age Ben Grimm on "Fred & Barney meet the Thing." (They never actually met, they were separate segments of the same show)

"Thing ring, do your thing!"

Old 03-25-2008, 05:29 PM   #91
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

i just bet that tony will have a love interest in the form of a hot, red-headed chick named Pepper. And, his best friend will be James Rhodes......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #92
IRON_Lad
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
He's drinking COK

Last edited by IRON_Lad; 03-26-2008 at 03:14 PM.
IRON_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #93
Radio_Clash
Side-Kick

Quote:
i just bet that tony will have a love interest in the form of a hot, red-headed chick named Pepper. And, his best friend will be James Rhodes......
Wasn't Tony's best friend/rival as a teenager Tiberius Stone?

Radio_Clash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:40 AM   #94
Prefix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker22 View Post
I don't care how old he is as long as the show is good.
Unfortunately this decision indicates the show will not be good. It pretty much confirms that the cartoon is being made to appeal to demographics rather than to actually be good.

Prefix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #95
Rocker22
Side-Kick

Maybe they can pull off both, have they said who the people working on it are yet?

Old 03-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #96
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Jimmy Rhodes and Stark has a curfew. Obadiah stane will be the star football player

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #97
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

Why does a teenager build the armour and how does he have heart problems at his age. In addition, where does he get the know how.

This is not a hero that should ever be a teenager.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:05 PM   #98
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

I agree completely, however anyone can have heart problems when there's a hunk of shrapnel in your chest.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #99
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda View Post
Why does a teenager build the armour and how does he have heart problems at his age.
Child obesity? lol

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #100
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

What reason could he possibly have for doing it at his age? Most teenagers that become heroes do it because it's thrust upon them by some freak of nature.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote