The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default If anyone says, "It wasn't dark enough...."

......I will tear my eyeballs out.

Sure IronMan was "dark" in a different sort of way, but more of a man battling his inner demons than "Batman" dark.

It's gonna drive me nuts, because I know it's coming. People who never read an IM comic in their life are going to be whining that it wasn't dark enough.

Once and for all, IM is not Batman, it isn't a take off on Batman, it doesn't have anything to do with Batman. Just because it's about a billionaire industrialist, doesn't make it Batman.

There may be pieces of Batman in there, but IM draws from many different inspirational sources, mainly Howard Hughes and James Bond, more than Batman.

Now I have no idea what the outcome of this movie is going to be. Obviously I'm hoping for a smash hit, but whatever the outcome, I just wanted to voice this in advance, because I just know someone is going to complain about it, and they're going to mention Batman in there somewhere.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
Figs
Banned User

Default Re: If anyone says, "It wasn't dark enough...."

So uh...what got you onto this rant all of a sudden?

Did you just get into an argument with someone about it?

Well from what I've read in the novelization it definetly won't be kiddy fair like the Fantastic Four films.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Look how long I've been on these boards. Trust me, someone is going to bring it up.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:07 PM   #4
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Look how long I've been on these boards. Trust me, someone is going to bring it up.
Yep....you just did.

Closed Thread