Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #10
DocLathropBrown
Side-Kick

Default Re: List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parents-Gun-Bat View Post
yeah, yeah. Just because I do not sing "Praise the lord! Everyone is true to Batman just in a different way!" it's a waste of time. yeah, yeah, yeah. And I am fair! It's just not really difficult to argue against a movie where the superficial parts (Batman being a guy called Bruce Wayne, having a cave and so on) are there. But in the essence he doesn't act like Batman, he is not Batman. And almost no other character is like his comic counterpart. The only one I can think of is the Joker.
How do you define what the REAL Batman is when the character has consistatly evolved throughout the ages? He's almost seventy and he's been interpretted (in the comics) over ten ways!

So, which Batman is Burton not true to? Could it be that it's accurate to another one?

It's not baseless idiocy to say "each was true in a different way". There's so many interpretations in the comics alone that no adaptation has been off the mark completely. And to say otherwise is ignorant.

Your arguments ONLY amount to "Burton didn't do Batman the way I wanted." And that's all. No matter what you try to claim, your posts tell otherwise.

Indiana Jones
and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

DocLathropBrown is offline   Reply With Quote