The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Super-World

Old 04-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #26
CLARKY
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Superman: TAS discussion thread.

I guess this is the part where I finally see I'm not part of the haters of SR, NOR part of the S:TAS haters.

CLARKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #27
Parents-Gun-Bat
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDK View Post

I'd love to ask Timm one day if I ever have the good fortune to meet him...
WHAT IS UP; GUYY??!

Timm is a Batman fanboy, he made Superman a toy and Wonder Woman a Batman's groupie.

Parents-Gun-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #28
RogueDK
Agent Of The Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parents-Gun-Bat View Post
WHAT IS UP; GUYY??!

Timm is a Batman fanboy, he made Superman a toy and Wonder Woman a Batman's groupie.

Hey, it's called shaking things up a bit...Besides, we all know that Bats is cooler.

I was watching World's Finest the other day on Disney and thought about your accusation when I saw Supes getting tossed far by Batman; his look of surprise was priceless...
I just crack up at that part everytime.

"Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but it's certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots as the tortured avenger...crying out for Mommy & Daddy..."
RogueDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:26 AM   #29
Parents-Gun-Bat
Banned User

Quote:
Hey, it's called shaking things up a bit...Besides, we all know that Bats is cooler.

I was watching World's Finest the other day on Disney and thought about your accusation when I saw Supes getting tossed far by Batman; his look of surprise was priceless...
I just crack up at that part everytime.

Batman is only cooler to a Batman fan. We all know he would be CRUSHED by Superman. Get Grant Morrison to work on a Superman animated series.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #30
RogueDK
Agent Of The Bat

Quote:
Batman is only cooler to a Batman fan. We all know he would be CRUSHED by Superman. Get Grant Morrison to work on a Superman animated series.

This tirade coming from someone who has "BAT" in his moniker...

I have to agree with you that Morrison would do a great storyline for Superman though; it would translate very well with the animated stuff. Like what Dini's done for Batman...y'know...made him cooler?

"Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but it's certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots as the tortured avenger...crying out for Mommy & Daddy..."
Old 04-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #31
Parents-Gun-Bat
Banned User

I'm a Batman fan 4 life. but I still acknowledge the fact that Superman is superior to Batman on every level. And to let Superman look like a fool in HIS OWN SHOW is WEAK!

Old 04-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #32
RogueDK
Agent Of The Bat

Quote:
I'm a Batman fan 4 life. but I still acknowledge the fact that Superman is superior to Batman on every level. And to let Superman look like a fool in HIS OWN SHOW is WEAK!

Total PWNAGE!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qFaL77o3EQQ

Old 04-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #33
Parents-Gun-Bat
Banned User

Quote:
I wouldn't call that PWNAGE, I would call it "bad writing".

Old 04-20-2008, 12:44 AM   #34
RogueDK
Agent Of The Bat

Quote:
I wouldn't call that PWNAGE, I would call it "bad writing".

To get tossed by a lesser opponent in your own show is definetely PWNAGE.

Bad writing? I felt that the writing was brilliant; notice Superman's child-like sense of shock after landing on his keyster...HARD. Oscar-winning material there, my friend.

Did you even enjoy this particular segment in the series? World's Finest has to be one of the better DC animated movie attempts ever made.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:28 AM   #35
Parents-Gun-Bat
Banned User

Quote:
To get tossed by a lesser opponent in your own show is definetely PWNAGE.

Bad writing? I felt that the writing was brilliant; notice Superman's child-like sense of shock after landing on his keyster...HARD. Oscar-winning material there, my friend.

Did you even enjoy this particular segment in the series? World's Finest has to be one of the better DC animated movie attempts ever made.
no its bad writing. Superman has superspeed and so he has superreflexes and so it's just bad writing that he can be thrown. It's just there to proof a point. It's like SUperman showing up in a Batman cartoon, tearing down Wayne Manor and throwing Batman into the air.

I hope someday you will understand something about the art that is "writing".

Old 04-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #36
RogueDK
Agent Of The Bat

Quote:
no its bad writing. Superman has superspeed and so he has superreflexes and so it's just bad writing that he can be thrown. It's just there to proof a point. It's like SUperman showing up in a Batman cartoon, tearing down Wayne Manor and throwing Batman into the air.

I hope someday you will understand something about the art that is "writing".
Well...I think I know a little something about it. But not to skate off subject much about my aptitude for writing, that sequence was just to set up their working relationship over the span of the Timm years. By the time the last JLU episode aired, there was clearly an admiration of respect shown from both characters as they battled Darkseid.

I'm pretty sure that Timm wanted shock value for their first meeting hence the audacity of the toss...and remember that Superman may be all powerful but he still has the average weight of a man his size. So he was caught off guard, and his momentum was used against him, what's the big deal? I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy that part, I and I'm sure others did.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the latest Batman cartoon incarnation, wasn't their first meeting a wee bit similiar in tension?

Old 04-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #37
Doctor Baywatch
Banned User

Quote:
Well...I think I know a little something about it. But not to skate off subject much about my aptitude for writing, that sequence was just to set up their working relationship over the span of the Timm years. By the time the last JLU episode aired, there was clearly an admiration of respect shown from both characters as they battled Darkseid.

I'm pretty sure that Timm wanted shock value for their first meeting hence the audacity of the toss...and remember that Superman may be all powerful but he still has the average weight of a man his size. So he was caught off guard, and his momentum was used against him, what's the big deal? I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy that part, I and I'm sure others did.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the latest Batman cartoon incarnation, wasn't their first meeting a wee bit similiar in tension?
He is partly right, because they bent this part just to achieve this effect. If Superman was written consistantly Batman wouldn't have been able to throw him so they cheated (= bad writing).

Doctor Baywatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #38
RogueDK
Agent Of The Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Baywatch View Post
He is partly right, because they bent this part just to achieve this effect. If Superman was written consistantly Batman wouldn't have been able to throw him so they cheated (= bad writing).

LOL! I prefer calling it altered writing because the movie on a whole is fantastic to me. I mean honestly, when you first saw that, who was actually expecting Batman to do that? It was ballsy and cool. Did you expect Batman to cower to Superman's warning to cease his abrasive tactics?

Look, I LOVE Superman TAS...I have all of these eps on DVD and the series was great IMO.

Of course I wish WB/DC would get off of their duffs and make the Spears version available to the public. Why they ignore it is beyond me...

Last edited by RogueDK; 04-20-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #39
Parents-Gun-Bat
Banned User

Quote:
LOL! I prefer calling it altered writing because the movie on a whole is fantastic to me. I mean honestly, when you first saw that, who was actually expecting Batman to do that? It was ballsy and cool. Did you expect Batman to cower to Superman's warning to cease his abrasive tactics?

Look, I LOVE Superman TAS...I have all of these eps on DVD and the series was great IMO.

Of course I wish WB/DC would get off of their duffs and make the Spears version available to the public. Why they ignore it is beyond me...
For a guy who claims to be "Comic artist/writer on Earth 2 when needed" you NEED a lot to LEARN about WRITING. It's hard work and not that easy YOU THINK IT IS!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #40
RogueDK
Agent Of The Bat

Quote:
For a guy who claims to be "Comic artist/writer on Earth 2 when needed" you NEED a lot to LEARN about WRITING. It's hard work and not that easy YOU THINK IT IS!

Man...why are you getting all up in arms about this? For Chrissakes, it's a comic book/movie forum-just escapism for me, I don't know what it is for you. I can happily agree to disagree with anyone here as long as it's kept light-hearted.
Regardless on how you feel about this subject, it's hardly worth trying to take jabs at others who don't agree with you, man. Looking at your post history, it would seem that you do alot of yelling through CAPS and exclaimation points at others. Try someone else...

And regardless on who's right with this arguement, neither one of us are profiting from STAS... Timm & Co ARE. My pockets aren't getting bigger from this cartoon arguing with you... Guess what? They could give a s*** on how both of us think anyway.

Chill...

Last edited by RogueDK; 04-21-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #41
BizarroAids
Heh

Quote:
Does anyone here remember the Superman Anitmated Series from the late 80s? Does anyone know when that will become available on DVD if at all?

I loved that one too.
I loved that show as well. It was definately a favorite of mine growing up in the 80s. It's just a shame it only lasted a year. That show had potential!

But if you want to watch some of it online, there's always YouTube.

All I did was type in Superman 1988 Ruby Spears. If you have trouble and need a few links to the show, just let me know.

SMALLVILLE
2001-2011
BizarroAids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #42
RogueDK
Agent Of The Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
I loved that show as well. It was definately a favorite of mine growing up in the 80s. It's just a shame it only lasted a year. That show had potential!

But if you want to watch some of it online, there's always YouTube.

All I did was type in Superman 1988 Ruby Spears. If you have trouble and need a few links to the show, just let me know.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #43
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

STAS is the BEST!!!! My fave episode is a Brave New Metropolis. I have been hoping that Bruce Timm and gang would revisit that parallel world at some point in time. I think my next favorite episode is Toy Story. Toyman is just creepy. Overall, STAS is one of the best cartoons ever made.

charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:15 AM   #44
CLARKY
Side-Kick

oh yeah! Brave new Metropolis was awesome! I remember the exact moment when Luthor is gone and Superman just flight after him : it has a "the ultimate battle" feel in it ... and it is.

CLARKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #45
Superman90
The Lord of Time

Anyone remember "Apokolips...Now!"? Such a great episode, and what a way to bring Darkseid into the show.

Superman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #46
RogueDK
Agent Of The Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman90 View Post
Anyone remember "Apokolips...Now!"? Such a great episode, and what a way to bring Darkseid into the show.

Indeed.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #47
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman90 View Post
I like the JL/JLU Darkseid better, but....LOL....Father's Day is actually my fav Darkseid episode in STAS. I just love that cheesy disco music

charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #48
Superman90
The Lord of Time

In "Twilight", I love the Superman/Darkseid brawl. They just totally beat the hell out of each other and that was awesome.

Superman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:52 AM   #49
BizarroAids
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
STAS is the BEST!!!! My fave episode is a Brave New Metropolis. I have been hoping that Bruce Timm and gang would revisit that parallel world at some point in time. I think my next favorite episode is Toy Story. Toyman is just creepy. Overall, STAS is one of the best cartoons ever made.

I think I know what episode you're talking about, but I could be wrong. Could you tell me what season it takes place in?? I'm a fan of the parallel versions and what not. Especially things like in JLU- The Justice Lords.

Does anyone still think that the pilot "Last Son of Krypton" still holds up as one of the best episodes of the seson?? I loved it's blend of Krypton, Smallville, then Metroplis..It got me excited for the rest of the show.

SMALLVILLE
2001-2011
BizarroAids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #50
RogueDK
Agent Of The Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
Does anyone still think that the pilot "Last Son of Krypton" still holds up as one of the best episodes of the seson?? I loved it's blend of Krypton, Smallville, then Metroplis..It got me excited for the rest of the show.

My favorite part on that one is where Supes is just staring down at Lex from the window as he's trying to pitch his proposal to him.

The animation bugs weren't quite worked out of this one, seeing that it is the first, but it's a favorite of mine still.