The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 05-12-2008, 11:49 PM   #676
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: Legendary Pictures & Thomas Tull Think Superman Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Exactly, they last 30 seconds, if that in most cases.

I think its a great piece of entertainment, i wouldnt want that for a Superman movie, but thats simply because the story of Superman is a lot deeper in the first place.

Well, i liked the humor in all of those movies, I could have done with a little less of the juvenile stuff in TF, but it didnt ruin the experience or movie for me personally.

Exactly, its a throwaway quip, the movie was full of them, but it got suitably serious during the last 45 mins.

On a side note, just warched SR again and IMO its a superior movie to Iron Man, i dont understand the pedestal that movie has been put on, dont get me wrong its GOOD, but is it great? Not IMO. Maybe that will change after a 2nd viewing (I always enjoy movies more 2nd time round to be fair), but for now this is how i feel.
i think its because of the balance. the balance between the story,humor,acting,main actor and of course action.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:32 AM   #677
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I can see why some of you may not have liked transformers but was the cartoon ever that deep to begin with. I thought it was great for what it was, if you go back and watch the cartoons they were just as dumb. On the Iron man side of things they should have nailed that movie, they had the blueprint of STM and Batman begins, made it a bit more accessible, and coupled it with the first outing for the character. If you go back and watch the movie, it was nothing earth shattering in terms of what it brought to the genre. Just for successfully doing what works is what has gotten such a great response. The sequel will be the true test.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #678
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I can see why some of you may not have liked transformers but was the cartoon ever that deep to begin with. I thought it was great for what it was, if you go back and watch the cartoons they were just as dumb. On the Iron man side of things they should have nailed that movie, they had the blueprint of STM and Batman begins, made it a bit more accessible, and coupled it with the first outing for the character. If you go back and watch the movie, it was nothing earth shattering in terms of what it brought to the genre. Just for successfully doing what works is what has gotten such a great response. The sequel will be the true test.
I'm glad someone else saw that point. I kept waiting for that thing in the movie where I would say "Why didn't the comic writers ever think of that?" It was a totally play it safe kind of movie. A damn good one, not to take anything away from Downey's and Co.

The test will be in how they reimagine the Mandarin.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #679
Mostpowerful
*SUPERMAN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
I'm glad someone else saw that point. I kept waiting for that thing in the movie where I would say "Why didn't the comic writers ever think of that?" It was a totally play it safe kind of movie. A damn good one, not to take anything away from Downey's and Co.

The test will be in how they reimagine the Mandarin.
Yes, I totally agree. It didn't take any chances or tried to be really original or artistic, like SR. I enjoyed the Iron Man movie, but it didn't surprise or blow me away like SR did (not because of the earth-shattering action, but for the emotion, imagery and awesome subtext, plus Brandon in the role was just perfect for me).

avatar by lere - @stargazer0118 - Superman wears trunks
Mostpowerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #680
dark_b
Side-Kick

why would it take a chance? why in f... gods name would they take a chance with a 150 milion movie? it pleased the comic fans and it pleased the general public. it made a profit.

everyone is happy. comic fan is happy and Joe is happy.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #681
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
why would it take a chance? why in f... gods name would they take a chance with a 150 milion movie? it pleased the comic fans and it pleased the general public. it made a profit.

everyone is happy. comic fan is happy and Joe is happy.
They should be. Adapting all that material isn't any easier than being a non-direct translation.

It's just the artist in me. I could be a Jack Kirby clone, but what have i accomplished at the end of the day. Nothing. What would the Batman Franchise have looked like in Dini and Timm had decided to alter the way we look at Batman's villains? Like I said, we'll see how good they are when they make a new Mandarin for the sequel. Assuming that's who they use.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #682
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I think its a great piece of entertainment, i wouldnt want that for a Superman movie, but thats simply because the story of Superman is a lot deeper in the first place.
I'll definately give it another shot, many times I watch movies I liked again and I find I like them less and movies I thought I didn't like, I like a little more.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #683
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

^Hey Showime.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #684
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Hey Spidey.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #685
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

^Getting nervous about our bet?

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #686
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

That The Incredible Hulk will make more domestically than the The Hulk, not at all sister.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #687
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

^Enjoy that Tom Welling avatar.