The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > The Comics

Old 05-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Raiden
The Captain

Default Stark in comics

Although the success of the movie will introduce many new readers to Iron Man, the current persona of Stark isn't as likeable as he is in the movie. In the past, Marvel has tried to change the comic version to be closer to the movies in anticipation of potential new readers (like X-Men). I'm just wonder if Marvel will like the same to our armored Avenger as well.

Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
Iron_Stark
I'm hooked on a feeling

Default Re: Stark in comics

The Invincible Iron Man is close to movie, they even put in Pepper and had a cameo from Rhodey.

Viva Las Vegas is being written by Favreau and drawn by Adi Granov.

btw, both sold like hotcakes and a second prining is coming.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #3
J. J. Jameson
There and back again.

Default Re: Stark in comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Although the success of the movie will introduce many new readers to Iron Man, the current persona of Stark isn't as likeable as he is in the movie. In the past, Marvel has tried to change the comic version to be closer to the movies in anticipation of potential new readers (like X-Men). I'm just wonder if Marvel will like the same to our armored Avenger as well.
Well partly it's like Batman and Bruce Wayne in the new Bats Franchise. At this point, Bruce is still clinging to that hope for a some-what normal life. However, in the comics, as the character aged, we've seen time and time again that Bruce is much, much more obsessed with the Batman character, to the extent that you can't tell which is the mask for sure. Movie Bruce is still young and his character is not as well developed yet as his comic book counterpart.

I think the same is true for Tony. Movie Tony is still just at the beginning of his career and isn't even sure what it means to be a hero...yet. In the comics, he's come through so many things, many of them character defining experiences...like his alcohol addiction, his experience with the Avengers, the death of Steve Rogers, etc. He's matured, in a sense.

J. J. Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote