The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 01-31-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
Spider-Bat
BATMAN

Default Frustrated Superman fans.

I've seen alot of people on here like me who are tired of them not being able to get Superman right on the big screen.It is frustrating. Look at what Marvel's done. Spider-man's had all his big villians and what do we get for the first Superhero, nothing but a rip off of a Donner movie, and Lex again whining about land.How hard is it in this day and age of CGI and all to make a big Superman movie, all new, and with someone like Brainiac or another big SuperVillian!They could have done so much more with SR, and they shouldn't do a sequel, just revamp it. I mean smallville may have its own continuity but and isn't that great but at least they've had Brainiac and Bizarro on there. It's time for something new. If DC and WB wants the success of Spider-man then take a look at what they've done.Don't be afraid to stick with who he is, say he's an American hero, every time Spidey had a shot with the flag every one loved it and it was inspiring and beautiful and it would've fit more with Superman.Make a big Superman movie with a Supervillian like Parasite, he'd look cool, especially if he was all ugly like how Alex Ross draws him that'd be cool.Just get up off your lazy asses and do something new!

Alfred: "Know your limits, Master Wayne."
Bruce Wayne: "BATMAN has no limits."

Spider-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Angeloz
Side-Kick

Default Re: Frustrated Superman fans.

I like "Superman Returns" more than any of the Spider-man films. I'm not dissing them either. 'Cos I was entertained by them. So it's just different taste.

Angeloz

Angeloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #3
mpw-dude

The Superman costume when translated to screen just looked terrible in almost every way. The only good quality was their decision to darken the red. I think they should have done one of the following two things: (1) Keep that deep red and replace that bright blue with a deep, dark blue, like navy -- that way he'd have a modernized look while paying a tribute to the old Fleischer cartoons. The classic bright red and bright blue look would look terrible on the screen; blood-red and navy would look awesome. (2) Remember the death and return of Superman with the four Supermen in the early '90s comics? Remember the Eradicator? You don't? Look it up on Wikipedia, there's a picture of him. Borrow that look -- take away the visor, but keep virtually all the other characteristics -- a great big "S" that CONNECTS with the cape, and a deep-blue/navy costume that lost the red underwear. Maybe give him boots, and you're done.

In either of the two Supes costumes, I say lose the underwear. Batman did it, and look how great he's doing these days (although good writing also helps a great deal).

Old 05-26-2008, 05:59 AM   #4
luca_frontino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpw-dude View Post
The Superman costume when translated to screen just looked terrible in almost every way. The only good quality was their decision to darken the red. I think they should have done one of the following two things: (1) Keep that deep red and replace that bright blue with a deep, dark blue, like navy -- that way he'd have a modernized look while paying a tribute to the old Fleischer cartoons. The classic bright red and bright blue look would look terrible on the screen; blood-red and navy would look awesome. (2) Remember the death and return of Superman with the four Supermen in the early '90s comics? Remember the Eradicator? You don't? Look it up on Wikipedia, there's a picture of him. Borrow that look -- take away the visor, but keep virtually all the other characteristics -- a great big "S" that CONNECTS with the cape, and a deep-blue/navy costume that lost the red underwear. Maybe give him boots, and you're done.

In either of the two Supes costumes, I say lose the underwear. Batman did it, and look how great he's doing these days (although good writing also helps a great deal).
I agree. Many people make fun of super-heroes because of their gay costumes.
Superman should get an armor (a la Steel) or casual dresses (like Conner Kent).
And costumes should be plausible, not like the Spider-man one: how can some average guy like Peter handmade a costume like that?

luca_frontino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:14 AM   #5
SuperDaniel
Banned User

LOL. That`s why SR got greenlight. Because it was made by people who dont understand the character like you...

How about make a reboot that is actually faithfull to the character?

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
fabman
Side-Kick

Yeah, and has some villains and action - and characters I care about!

Old 06-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #7
stryfe
Chaos Bringer

Take away the collar and the red things on the side and this would be a decent costume for a movie. Noo undies.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:03 AM   #8
Ra'sAlGhulll

I say get rid of it all, start from scratch, ignore even the original Superman movie. It seemed like Superman Returns wasn't as good because it was trying to be a sequel to the original films. Instead, they should base it off comics and start a completely original group of films that will be good and actually be about the REAL Superman from the COMIC BOOKS. Superkid's also a disaster waiting to happen.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #9
hammy
American Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Bat View Post
I've seen alot of people on here like me who are tired of them not being able to get Superman right on the big screen.It is frustrating. Look at what Marvel's done. Spider-man's had all his big villians and what do we get for the first Superhero, nothing but a rip off of a Donner movie, and Lex again whining about land.How hard is it in this day and age of CGI and all to make a big Superman movie, all new, and with someone like Brainiac or another big SuperVillian!They could have done so much more with SR, and they shouldn't do a sequel, just revamp it. I mean smallville may have its own continuity but and isn't that great but at least they've had Brainiac and Bizarro on there. It's time for something new. If DC and WB wants the success of Spider-man then take a look at what they've done.Don't be afraid to stick with who he is, say he's an American hero, every time Spidey had a shot with the flag every one loved it and it was inspiring and beautiful and it would've fit more with Superman.Make a big Superman movie with a Supervillian like Parasite, he'd look cool, especially if he was all ugly like how Alex Ross draws him that'd be cool.Just get up off your lazy asses and do something new!

Old 06-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #10
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra'sAlGhulll View Post
I say get rid of it all, start from scratch, ignore even the original Superman movie. It seemed like Superman Returns wasn't as good because it was trying to be a sequel to the original films. Instead, they should base it off comics and start a completely original group of films that will be good and actually be about the REAL Superman from the COMIC BOOKS. Superkid's also a disaster waiting to happen.
Kool. Since just about everyone knows it, I would even skip a lengthy origin as well. Just show it in the opening credits. Then when the film starts, get right to the meat of the story with an older established Superman, one that is in his 30's.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #11
Clark Kent
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpw-dude View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe View Post

Take away the collar and the red things on the side and this would be a decent costume for a movie. Noo undies.
Posts like these really belong in this thread, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca_frontino View Post
Superman should get an armor (a la Steel) or casual dresses (like Conner Kent).
Not many people want Superman to wear armour. Remember the failed Tim Burton project? And not many people would go to see a Superman movie if he was just wearing casual clothes. The clothes make the man.

Quote:
how can some average guy like Peter handmade a costume like that?
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaniel View Post
LOL. That`s why SR got greenlight. Because it was made by people who dont understand the character like you...

How about make a reboot that is actually faithfull to the character?
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabman View Post
Yeah, and has some villains and action - and characters I care about!
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra'sAlGhulll View Post
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Kool. Since just about everyone knows it, I would even skip a lengthy origin as well. Just show it in the opening credits. Then when the film starts, get right to the meat of the story with an older established Superman, one that is in his 30's.
Not agreed. I don't think that the Incredible Hulk approach is the right way to deal with a superhero's origin story, any superhero's origin story, including the Incredible Hulk's.