The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

Old 07-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #76
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Default Re: Is Wayne Tower in The Dark Knight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinzel View Post
Yeah they showed it. It said W A Y N E in big letters. lol.
That wasnt Wayne Tower, it was a new building.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #77
Sweetchuck
Side-Kick

Default The Elevated Train is there...

So the train or light rail system that was featured in BB is in TDK. If you watch the scene where Joker is video taping himself torment the fake Batman. Right after he says Im a man of my word. The scene ends. Then we get a shot the nighttime skyline of Gotham. If you look in the lower left hand side of the city you can clearly see a elevated train exactly like the one in Begins. Then the scene cuts to Harvey and Rachel in the elevator arriving at Bruces benefit for Harvey. Its there. Take a look. I dont know if its been verified in any other scenes other than someone claiming they think they can make out an outline of something fuzzy...

Sweetchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #78
Spidey-woman
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Elevated Train is there...

it was also there in the bank robbery scene

Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #79
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Anyone have any screenshots, cause I was one of the people that was upset we never saw the monorail or Wayne Tower in the film.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 08-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #80
Odin's Lapdog
Side-Kick

it still wasn't properly highlighted. Not that it bothered me but its kinda like slamming the daily planet in the corner of some postcard scene in a film, it should have got a couple of seconds of dedication or recognition. Or at least have bruce mentioned work to fix it is still being done (or even have the underground base be part of a secret construction site for the mono rail).

why don't i feel, my Skin should crack and peel?
I want the
Fire back...

If you want to PM me, please send it to November RAIN. Odin's Lapdog's pm box is full
Odin's Lapdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #81
Boom
I got nothin'

I really hope that I'm not the only one who noticed it when the camera panned to Wayne Enterprises. It's clearly in the background.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #82
Edmund Blackadder
Side-Kick

I noticed it too - pretty easy to spot during the Wayne Enterprises pan...

Edmund Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:31 AM   #83
Shane Diesel
Banned User

I don't understand the fixation with the monorail. It was an important point in BB. Not so much in DK hence why its not featured prominently. But at least they still inserted it in shots for continuity.

Shane Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #84
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I really hope that I'm not the only one who noticed it when the camera panned to Wayne Enterprises. It's clearly in the background.
I saw it.....but I'm not one of those whose life is ruined because a monorail wasn't on screen 3/4 of the movie.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #85
chrisdeeds

The building used as Wayne Enterprises in BB was also in the Dark Knight. When the Joker and Batman have their showdown in the streets (where the truck flips over), the yellow building in the background is Wayne Enterprises. It's the same building in Chicago. I'm guessing that Wayne has more than one building in Gotham.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #86
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I saw it.....but I'm not one of those whose life is ruined because a monorail wasn't on screen 3/4 of the movie.
It completed me .

Old 08-04-2008, 10:00 AM   #87
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdeeds View Post
The building used as Wayne Enterprises in BB was also in the Dark Knight. When the Joker and Batman have their showdown in the streets (where the truck flips over), the yellow building in the background is Wayne Enterprises. It's the same building in Chicago. I'm guessing that Wayne has more than one building in Gotham.
Ya your right it is there in the background but it isnt Wayne Tower, whats up with that? If you guys remember it was damaged at the end of BB by the monorail train crash.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #88
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Well when they leave out an important aspect from the first film, and just act like "it never was" in the second film, it can kinda bother people a little.

1.The Monorail and track was destroyed in BB at the end, where is it in TDK, is it being reconstructed, fixed or demolished?

2. Wayne Tower was damaged at the end of BB, we see the first Wayne Enterprises scene at a NEW building, does that mean the WT from BB is being rebuilt or just "left out"? Like I said we see the building in the background behind the tractor trailer scene, why isnt it atleast mentioned?

I understand that the film didnt have any more room for anything else, but a nod to these things would have made things a little better for me when it came to the continuation aspects from first film to second.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #89
Mangelo
Side-Kick

Default Re: What Happened to ... Wayne Enterprises, the Monorail

It's not accurate to use the whole "Wayne Tower was damaged in Begins" excuse, because after it's damaged, we see Lucious holiding a meeting in the board room, while Wayne fires Earle over the phone. I just figured Wayne Enterprises would have at least a couple of locations around Gotham. I work for a Fortune 500 company in a fairly small city, and they occupy several buildings around town.

Mangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #90
Shane Diesel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangelo View Post
It's not accurate to use the whole "Wayne Tower was damaged in Begins" excuse, because after it's damaged, we see Lucious holiding a meeting in the board room, while Wayne fires Earle over the phone. I just figured Wayne Enterprises would have at least a couple of locations around Gotham. I work for a Fortune 500 company in a fairly small city, and they occupy several buildings around town.
Great point. I don't see why people can't grasp the fact that Wayne Enterprises has more than one building in the Gotham. Look at Donald Trump and how many buildings he has in NYC.

Shane Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #91
millennium movies
Banned User

i was kinda hoping that at the end he was escaping and going back to the manor, that would have been great to see and a good prelude to part 3 having the manor and batcave fully working.

millennium movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:09 AM   #92
Steelsheen
Iconic

for all the multiple viewings i've had (five i think? i lost count LOL), i didnt notice any monorail or the Wayne Tower from BB. i always thought that the Wayne Penthouse was a different building as well as the building Lucius and Bruce were in when they were talking to Lau and the rest of the suits.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:00 AM   #93
Hobgoblyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross2287 View Post
Yeah, instead we get Coleman Reese, the man-child.
Conrad Reese, I think....
Yeah, yeah... wait until the next movie.... then you'll say "OOOOOOOHhhhh... it all makes sense now!"
That whole part was a friggin' flat-out obvious origin story for one of Batman's other villains. Too bad you weren't paying attention.

Last edited by Hobgoblyn; 08-05-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:15 AM   #94
laudanum09
romantysanthrope

I'm glad some of these elements aren't in TDK or aren't focused upon at all. with a franchise like this I feel like its not really necessary since BB serves as a sort of anchor for the series, it introduces all of these elements and sets the stage for TDK whose main character to me is the city in its totality. maybe they could have squeezed that in but i really didnt think it was necessary. we were able to leave behind a good deal of things so that elements not so well explored in BB finally could, and the best way to do that imo is the way they did it, simply move onto newer aspects of the city, different relationships and networks not properly exlpored in BB.

"I don't want to know what goes on in the Joker's head. I have to know. But when I imagine how it must feel to be him, I think of a snake with a broken back, flipping and tracing intricate, agonized arabesques in the dust."
-Batman, RIP #678
laudanum09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #95
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I just want to know for sure, if not the story itself WHY they didnt include these things, or atleast have nods to them.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:32 AM   #96
Carnotaur3
Side-Kick

You know for a while I thought the road to Wayne Tower was kinda empty, and roads paved, for being just a mere months later after the monorail crash. And then Wayne Tower logo isn't even on the building and I got to thinking.

We're seeing a different street to Wayne Tower. We're seeing either one of three sides. I like to think we're seeing the back of Wayne Tower in TDK. And on the other side is the rebuilding of the monorail.

http://www.vimeo.com/13170472
Carnotaur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #97
mavsmaniac21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
for all the multiple viewings i've had (five i think? i lost count LOL), i didnt notice any monorail or the Wayne Tower from BB. i always thought that the Wayne Penthouse was a different building as well as the building Lucius and Bruce were in when they were talking to Lau and the rest of the suits.
the monorail is in the film clearly

mavsmaniac21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #98
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsmaniac21 View Post
the monorail is in the film clearly
Lets see a screencap cause after 3 viewings I didnt see it once, it was destroyed in BB, so I dont see how you could of seen it.

I feel like we should've atleast seen them repairing it during the film, it looked like a necessary transportation system for the city of Gotham.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #99
Carnotaur3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Lets see a screencap cause after 3 viewings I didnt see it once, it was destroyed in BB, so I dont see how you could of seen it.
The only part of the monorail that was destroyed was the the small part connected to Wayne Tower, whichw as like a football field long.

http://www.vimeo.com/13170472
Carnotaur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #100
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post
The only part of the monorail that was destroyed was the the small part connected to Wayne Tower, whichw as like a football field long.
Watch BB again, and when Bruce is a kid on the monorail with his parents on the way to the opera and they show a long shot from above the monorails view to the center of Wayne Tower, it is quite bit longer than a football field length.

The monorail itself went all the way through and around Gotham, if it was in TDK we would've seen it.