The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #26
I Am The Knight
In the Welsh

Default Re: How Should Superman Be Introduced To The World?

No, but everyone else has.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood.
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #27
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Well lets start....name disatser.

-Place crashes
-Train crashes
-Volcanos
-Tidal waves
-Earthquakes
-Fires
-Floods
-Ship sinkings
-Meteor shower
-Shuttle crash
-Hurricane
-Tornado
-Terrorist attack

Ideas?

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #28
I Am The Knight
In the Welsh

Natural disasters for Superman's first outing are a bit much, IMO. Too bad the plane sequence is taken. Argh!

SHH. You owe us your livelihood.
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #29
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

Terrorist attack? I choose to change my heist scene for a Die Hard-ish terrorist attack featuring again, one or more aircraft.

Of course, with Superman instead of Bruce WIlliis, we have a shorter takover. I've always thought Superman's real liabilitie isn't Kryptonite, but saving people. The smart bad guys don't waste bullets on him and just toss someone over the window, or break a bridge. You know, something that hampers him while they run off. Obviously, since this is his first outing, they wouldn't know that, but it could make an otherwise dull action scene with a bulletproof guy more entertaining. That could have saved the heist in returns from dullness.

Last edited by BATZARRO WWD; 09-02-2008 at 11:43 PM.
BATZARRO WWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:21 AM   #30
That-Guy
Banned User

Superman should heal the sick and feed the 5,000.

Oh wait, that's what would have happened if Singer was still on this project.

That-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:27 AM   #31
afan
Side-Kick

I'm a bit confused by this thread are we discussing the introduction of Superman to the "world" in the film, or rather the first action sequence in a film where Superman is already an established hero?

In either scenario......

A mine collapse, and the rescue should involve a coordination between Superman and the normal emergency responders. I always prefer a Superman who works in conjunction with human's rather than as a god-like savior.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #32
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

I hope to god this isn't a straight-out origin film. I don't mind them showing us the origin, explaining it, or flashing back to it. But I hope it's not a complete origin film (basically I hope that the origin isn't the plot-base for the entire film). But if they must do the origin, then I would definitely say that he should be introduced by stopping some big catastrophe. Hell, maybe he can save the president from something.... that would definitely make him known to the world. IDK.

batlovescatDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #33
That-Guy
Banned User

Maybe he could save some astronauts on a space station from an asteroid attack or something. Ideally, saving the plane would probably work best, but they did that in SR (one of the few scenes in that movie that worked, other than Lois bouncing around all over the place and not breaking any bones or Supes just letting the ass end of the plane flop down onto the ground).

Old 09-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #34
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
Say, Superman hasnt had his monorail action piece yet, has he?
No and I'd like that. Superman stopping a train. C'mon. It's one of the most classic Superman images ever.

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #35
That-Guy
Banned User

Yeah, that was one moment that I DON't like from the original Superman film. Since they couldn't make a realistic scene of him stopping the train, they had him lay down and uh... become the track. He wouldn't have save those people; he would have probably killed them all with that trick.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #36
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Plus it looks VERY fake. I mean, the wheels don't even touch him.

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #37
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I think it looked pretty ok. Never seen a train run over a superman anyway.

Stopping a train would work.

Rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #38
That-Guy
Banned User

Yeah, that was one scene that they should have just left out of the movie. It didn't add anything to the film, really. And yeah... the wheels don't touch him at all. Pretty silly.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #39
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post

So, how would you introduce Superman in the movie?
I'd introduce him kicking a villain's ass on a metropolis street. Forego the origin and get to the story

Old 09-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #40
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Oh, I'm not asking about an origin. I'm asking about the scene in which Superman would make his first appearance to the public
I know that - I mean we don't need to see THAT again either. We don't need to see Superman's first outing as Superman. That IS still part of an "origin story".

He can just already have been Superman for a while by the first time we see him. He can be punching a robot through a building or facing up against Parasite or something. Everything else people are suggesting is too similar to what we've seen him do a million times.

Last edited by lujho; 09-03-2008 at 12:26 PM.
lujho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #41
Nirvana
Slowly Losing My Mind

Honestly, I think Superman should not have a single introduction, but rather have it be like a montage similar to Spider-Man. Show Superman sweeping in to defeat criminals, stopping bank robberies, show news footage of him, newspaper headlines, interview civilians...I think that would be pretty cool.

And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #42
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Honestly, I think Superman should not have a single introduction, but rather have it be like a montage similar to Spider-Man. Show Superman sweeping in to defeat criminals, stopping bank robberies, show news footage of him, newspaper headlines, interview civilians...I think that would be pretty cool.
I would disagree. I found the montage annoying in Spider-Man. It's the movie version of saying "he becomes a hero, yadda yadda yadda". It would be one thing for him to slowly do little things to be known, but not in a montage!

BATZARRO WWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #43
Winking Samurai
Side-Kick

(The movie opens with a montage of human interest pieces on the local news. They say that there have been numerous sightings of a man clad in red and blue doing various good deeds, from as mundane as retrieving a cat from a tree to as dramatic as saving a construction worker from falling to his death. However, since there aren't many witnesses, no one knows what to make of these unusual incidents. The newswoman reporting dubs the man "The Blue Angel". The camera then zooms out to reveal that the staff of the Daily Planet are watching the newscast. Perry then turns off the television.)

Perry: Well? Anyone want to give their two cents?
(Lois raises her hand)

Perry: (Ignoring Lois) Anyone? Anyone at all? (Perry sighs.) Lois?

Lois: There's no story here. It's human interest tripe.

Perry: There are multiple eyewitnesses--

Lois: (cutting off Perry) --Who probably heard about this "Blue Angel" before "miraculously" seeing it themselves! They wanted their 15 minutes of fame, and thanks to newsmakers like you and News 5 that have nothing better to report on, they're getting just that.

Perry: Regardless, it's worth looking into at least. I want some legwork on this. People are really starting to give these rumors pause. I want something from someone on this "Blue Angel" by the end of the week. (The various reporters start to leave the newsroom.) And someone come up with a better name than "Blue Angel"! Something with more--

(The office starts to shake. Furniture and computers begin to topple. A dull roar begins to grow amidst the clatter.)

Perry: Lois! That is not an earthquake! Get outside and find out what the hell is going on!

(Lois was heading for the door before he even started talking.)

(Lois reaches the street and complete pandemonium has ensued, with many running for their lives. She is somewhat perplexed until she notices some people pointing skywards. She looks up and makes an expression of abject horror. The camera follows her gaze and sees a passenger jet heading straight for the square, smoke billowing from one of the engines. The roar is deafening at this point. Lois has only enough time to shut her eyes and brace herself...

But nothing happens. The roar is still there but begins to subside slowly. The camera is still zoomed in on Lois's shut eyes while we hear gasps and the shouts of surprise. Lois finally musters up the courage to open her eyes to find that not 50 feet away the jet is being held in place by a man wearing a blue suit with a red cape and a red "S" on his chest. Despite holding such tremendous weight, the man seems to be much more preoccupied with the people below. His face is a mix of concern and unease, as he starts to slowly fly away with the jet, now completely silent. No one says a word, until Lois finally breaks the silence.)

Lois: Wow.

(All at once, the crowd burst into cheering and applause. Smiling slightly, Superman flies away from the crowd and the city to set the jet down in a safe place. The camera then cuts to an enormous office, where a bald man, smartly dressed, peers down at the scene with a mix of disdain and masked fear.)

Opening Credits roll.

Winking Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #44
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

^Thats neat, I like it but I don't want his first apperance to be him saving a plane full of people again. Unfortunately for us, Singer already used that, thus making the scene redundant to me.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

I SUPPORT GIVING BATFLECK A CHANCE.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:43 PM   #45
Victarion
The Iron Captain

I've seen fanfics and scripts that begin with Krypton's destruction, or Krypton being in the middle of a war. These usually lead to Supes' pops sending him via rocket to Earth. Something actiony like that might be good to let the audience know this isn't another semi-soap opera.

For the sake of the topic, this would introduce the world--Earth--to baby Superman, but not the general populace.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote