The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 09-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #26
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: Viral Marketing

i think normal marketing with a normal marketing budget is enough.
i think a good superman action packed trailer and the classic tv-spots plus good word of mouth would make a good profit.
but if you dont have enough footage for the masses( SR) then nothing can save you. i think the name superman helped little with SR. but now i dont think it will again.

just dont make a TDK type of superman movie. make an IM type of superma nmovie and it would be great.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #27
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i think a good superman action packed trailer and the classic tv-spots plus good word of mouth would make a good profit.
but if you dont have enough footage for the masses( SR) then nothing can save you. i think the name superman helped little with SR. but now i dont think it will again.

just dont make a TDK type of superman movie. make an IM type of superma nmovie and it would be great.
Completely agreed.

By the way, the TDK virals attracted about 5% of the actual movie going, paying audience. It's something for the fans. Something for them to do other than arguing about over designed bat-suits, or the merits of permawhite vs. make up.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #28
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post

Why not try to be similar to TDK? Not in terms of darkness, but characters, plot, themes, etc. That should be the end goal. It should be light and fun like Iron Man, but made much much better.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #29
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Why not try to be similar to TDK? Not in terms of darkness, but characters, plot, themes, etc. That should be the end goal. It should be light and fun like Iron Man, but made much much better.
i meant 100% like TDK. dont make a 100% the same type of movie. of course it would be great to have good themes ,characters and plot. i would love it.
but cna it be done? can WB know if the director is 2 years before the premiere capable to make such type of movie?
it is IMO to risky.
llets make a safe superman movie that everyone will love.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #30
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

I don't think that viral marketing would fit in with Superman very well. But I would like some type of promotion besides just the usual trailers and posters. So.... IDK. Maybe they can do an online animated series or something to promote it?

batlovescatDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #31
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

Oh, and is it just me or does anybody else think that the recently announced DC Universe Animated Movie, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, is going to be used to used to promote the new Superman?

Old 09-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #32
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batlovescatDC View Post
Oh, and is it just me or does anybody else think that the recently announced DC Universe Animated Movie, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, is going to be used to used to promote the new Superman?
i just heard about it.....maybe....but then again they made the animated superman-doomsday.....didnt see anything in that department, so who knows

Old 09-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #33
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by batlovescatDC View Post
Not really. Superman is coming out in 2011 most likely. When is that DTV coming out?

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #34
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

^ It hasn't even gone into production yet.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #35
kakashi
Side-Kick

I think Viral marketing only works for the rabid bat fans. For some reason they don't mind waiting 13 hours for some clue to pop up on some website that'll take them to another website...where they can wait another 13 hours for another clue.

kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #36
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Completely agreed.

By the way, the TDK virals attracted about 5% of the actual movie going, paying audience. It's something for the fans. Something for them to do other than arguing about over designed bat-suits, or the merits of permawhite vs. make up.
Directly, yes. But I've got two TDK-related bumper stickers on my car, so they started to steer it towards usual marketing near the end, using the fans. Plus I've had lots of people ask where I got my Harvey Dent shirt, after the film came out.

Viral marketing is just a grassroots approach to get the word out. TDK did not have a Superbowl spot, and yet it became the most anticipated movie of the year. All the viral marketing stuff surely cost less than a single Superbowl spot, LOL!

Old 09-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #37
dark_b
Side-Kick

the viral marketing is for fans. but if fans are part of the game they talk about it to every friend. which means that you had 1 year of fanboy-promotion.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #38
TheBatman1979
Side-Kick

I don't think questioning the marketing on a movie that made over $500 million domestically and close to 1 billion world wide is prudent. Think of it from a business stand point. If your product did those kind of numbers would you change your marketing tactics? I don't think so.