Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 09-19-2008, 01:14 PM   #26
Changeling
Banned User

Default Re: Tim Burton's Batman 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave88 View Post
How would you know??
Umm duh......you must be pretty uninformed as to how badly the Robin character was going to be in Tim Burton's third Batman film. It was a terrible idea for the character....AND...Robin's character is much too iconic to be black...plus Marlon Wayans is a **** actor, and he was too old.

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #27
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
Umm duh......you must be pretty uninformed as to how badly the Robin character was going to be in Tim Burton's third Batman film. It was a terrible idea for the character....AND...Robin's character is much too iconic to be black...plus Marlon Wayans is a **** actor, and he was too old.
Robin was to be in the first Burton's Bat-movie and then in the second Burton's bat-movie... so i don't think he wouls have ever been in the third one since Burton never thought it was a good idea.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #28
Changeling
Banned User

Well he was going to be in the third one. He tried on the outfit and everything. He was even payed for Batman Forever and Batman and Robin

Old 09-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #29
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I actually started writing a script for a Burton Batman 3 months ago. I stopped writing it because it dragged and Harvey didn't become Two-Face until page sixty. But hopefully, I can do it over someday. The lego movie, "Batman Revenge" really inspired me to write it. I had alot of great ideas. I took some story elements from BF, and mutured them and made them suited for a Burton film. BF redone for Burton if you will.

Doctor Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #30
urrutiap

I dont have time to read everyone's reply to this topic but here's the thing involving Two Face if he was to appear in a Tim Burton Batman 2 or 3

Back then years ago my older sister had those Teen Beat magazines or whatever and they had articles about the Burton Batman flicks and here's what I still remember

Batman 2: Villain team up of Two Face, Catwoman, Riddler and Penguin. If Two Face was going to be in then the make up would have been interesting to see

Batman 3 or 4 if Burton and Keaton had stuck around: Madonna as the Joker's wife to get revenge which did involve Scarecrow and the fear gas showing Jack Nicholson's Joker in a flashback. I think Jeff Goldblum was rumored to star as Crane

Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #31
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post
Batman 3 or 4 if Burton and Keaton had stuck around: Madonna as the Joker's wife to get revenge which did involve Scarecrow and the fear gas showing Jack Nicholson's Joker in a flashback. I think Jeff Goldblum was rumored to star as Crane
Wrong. That was actually Schumachers plan for Batman Triumphant back before B&R failed out of control.

H.E.(Y GURL HEEEEEY)
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #32
the_scream
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUD_SILENT_MAN View Post
How would it have been different from Schumacher's? (aside from their differing styles of film-making, of course...)

Do you think Burton would have included Two-Face and the Riddler?
Would Billy Dee Williams have played Two-Face and how would his Two-Face differ from Jones'?
Would Michael Keaton have returned to play Bats?

So many questions...
Billy Dee would not have been Two-Face. His character was a small role in Batman and absent from BR. Also, Williams was not really a well known actor apart from his role in The Empire Strikes Back. Burton would have recast.

the_scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #33
Black Zodak
Side-Kick

I would love to see a BATMAN 3 made by Burton, after Nolan completes his trilogy. It would be nice to have a NOLAN trilogy and a BURTON trilogy. Warners would make a lot of money selling them as DVD boxsets. As for who the villians should be, I would say bring back Catwoman and introduce Riddler (with Johnny Depp as Riddler).

Black Zodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #34
The Sarge
Greatest DP ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scream View Post
Billy Dee would not have been Two-Face. His character was a small role in Batman and absent from BR. Also, Williams was not really a well known actor apart from his role in The Empire Strikes Back. Burton would have recast.
Billy Dee signed on because he wanted to play Two-face. He was hired with playing two-face being part of his contract. Burton cast him with two-face in mind in the first place. It was the studios that didn't want him playing two-face.

The Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #35
Wolfman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
I actually started writing a script for a Burton Batman 3 months ago. I stopped writing it because it dragged and Harvey didn't become Two-Face until page sixty. But hopefully, I can do it over someday. The lego movie, "Batman Revenge" really inspired me to write it. I had alot of great ideas. I took some story elements from BF, and mutured them and made them suited for a Burton film. BF redone for Burton if you will.
I was thinking of writing Batman 3, too, but right now I'm trying to do a comicbook version of Burton's Superman Lives. But post few pages of you script or something, I'm intriguet.

Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #36
Kevin Roegele
Do you mind if I don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
Billy Dee signed on because he wanted to play Two-face. He was hired with playing two-face being part of his contract. Burton cast him with two-face in mind in the first place. It was the studios that didn't want him playing two-face.
The Sarge speaks only truth. You can watch the interview with Williams on the Batman DVD if you want to check.

Also, the proposed third Schumacher movie was not called Batman Triumphant. That was simply the original name for Batman & Robin.

There is no Marvel/DC rivalry. Most of the great comic creators worked for both; Jack Kirby, Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, Walt Simonsen, Gil Kane, Steve Ditko, John Byrne, Steve Englehart, Mark Waid...even Stan Lee.
Kevin Roegele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #37
raleagh
No avatar? That blows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Roegele View Post
The Sarge speaks only truth. You can watch the interview with Williams on the Batman DVD if you want to check.

Also, the proposed third Schumacher movie was not called Batman Triumphant. That was simply the original name for Batman & Robin.

Actually, Billy Dee says "The contract I signed was to play Harvey Dent, it wasn't a two or three picture situation".

raleagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #38
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Roegele View Post

http://www.batman-on-film.com/opinio...b5history.html
Quote:
BATMAN TRIUMPHANT

Before BATMAN AND ROBIN hit theaters in June of 1997, the fifth Batman film was already in the works. Written by Mark Protosovich, BATMAN TRIUMPHANT was rumored to feature The Scarecrow as the main villain and include The Joker as a gas-induced hallucination. Protosovich eventually confirmed the Scarecrow and Joker rumors and revealed that Harley Quinn was in the film as well – she would be the daughter (not “Alicia” from the first film as rumored) of the Jack Napier Joker from BATMAN ’89. TRIUMPHANT was to be directed by Joel Schumacher and allegedly was a return to the darker Batman seen in various degrees in the first three films.

But thanks to BATMAN AND ROBIN, TRIUMPHANT was shelved damn near before the B&R finished its run in theaters. It must be noted that the TRIUMPHANT script has been locked away in a WB vault securely for years, and has not made its way onto the internet – not even a script review. As a result, there is very little detail of what this film had to offer. The general consensus from those who have read the script (or parts of it) is that it was sort of a cross between BATMAN ’89 and BATMAN FOREVER, and was definitely set in the Burton/Schumacher continuity.

Even though TRUMPHANT was canned, Warner Brothers actively sought out and developed BATMAN projects over the next several years. The question was, would WB finally “get it?” Obviously, BATMAN AND ROBIN was a huge wake-up call for the studio, but were they now gun shy? Would they ever pull the trigger on another BATMAN film, or would they euthanize the franchise once and for all? Let’s now take a look at the path to BATMAN BEGINS.

H.E.(Y GURL HEEEEEY)
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #39
Gexmeister
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scream View Post
No, he wouldn't. The only reason Williams ever signed on to play such a small role was because he knew that Dent was Two-face in the comics. AND he had a pay-or-play-contract, so he was actually payed in full for Batman Forever even though they recast his part.

Gexmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #40
raleagh
No avatar? That blows!

Billy Dee's contract was bought out just after Batman 89 was released.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:29 AM   #41
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeling View Post
what the hell? You're totally wrong. Some people even wanted black actors for the dark knight...just because two-face is white in the comics, doesn't mean that comic book fans would be devastated to hear he was black in a movie. The two-face character isnt iconic enough to have to be a white male with brown hair. Hell, even aaron eckhart was a departure from the comics. And people loved him and accepted him as harvey dent/two face. So you sir, are wrong
yup-yup

VenomVsSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #42
Dark Globe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Racist piece of ****!

Dark Globe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:16 PM   #43
Gexmeister
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleagh View Post
Billy Dee's contract was bought out just after Batman 89 was released.
Well, I don't know how trustable Wikipedia is but it says this :

Quote:
One of his most notable roles was in 1989's Batman as district attorney Harvey Dent. Williams originally took the role believing that it would land him in a sequel playing the supervillain Two-Face and arranged a pay or play contract in preparation for the role. However, the studio decided to pay the penalty fee instead when the time came for the third installment, Batman Forever, in order to cast Tommy Lee Jones for the role.
And imdb:

Quote:
He accepted the role of D.A. Harvey Dent in Batman (1989) with the knowledge and expectation that Dent would eventually become Two-Face: he reportedly had a clause put into his contract reserving the role for him in any sequels, which Warner Bros. had to buy out so they could cast Tommy Lee Jones.
And they couldn't have known they were gonna cast Tommy Lee Jones right after the first one.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:22 AM   #44
raleagh
No avatar? That blows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gexmeister View Post
Well, I don't know how trustable Wikipedia is but it says this :

And imdb:

And they couldn't have known they were gonna cast Tommy Lee Jones right after the first one.
I was posting what Billy Dee himself said.

He said "The contract I signed was to play Harvey Dent, it wasn't a two or three picture situation".

He does go on to say however "I think that at that stage, after the first Batman, some Japanese, Sony or something like that bought out the contract. I can't really recall it."

Old 10-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #45
Gexmeister
Side-Kick

Ah. Well then yours is probably the right one

Old 10-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #46
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
I was thinking of writing Batman 3, too, but right now I'm trying to do a comicbook version of Burton's Superman Lives. But post few pages of you script or something, I'm intriguet.
Sorry, man. I never let anyone see my work. But maybe. If I'm satisfied. But thanks for being intrigued!

Doctor Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #47
Changeling
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Globe View Post
Racist piece of ****!
Wow. You're pretty much an ignorant bastard . You wouldnt know racist if it bit you in the butt. How the hell would that come off as racist? Robin is a VERY iconic character with an established look. A change that drastic would be terrible. Changes of skin color work with smaller characters like Harvey Dent, but a black robin would be retarded.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #48
Ceb-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUD_SILENT_MAN View Post
I'd love that, but I doubt it would happen. But, it would kick so much ass to see Burton's vision of The Riddler and Two-Face in animation (probably stop-motion?) I'd love it.
Perhaps Warner Bros. could get him back to do one of the DC Universe DTV films and work with Bruce Timm...
I agree with that!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #49
batboy99
BTVS

Quote:
Wow. You're pretty much an ignorant bastard . You wouldnt know racist if it bit you in the butt. How the hell would that come off as racist? Robin is a VERY iconic character with an established look. A change that drastic would be terrible. Changes of skin color work with smaller characters like Harvey Dent, but a black robin would be retarded.
Thank you. Ive heard stuff like that alot. If you tihnk a white character shouldnt be black, you're racist, but if its the other way around(making a white person black) thered be no racist comments...

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #50
CaptainClown
Papa SPANK!!!

Ya actually, as racist as it might sound to someone who is trigger happy to label someone as that. It really isn't racist. The character is iconic and is not so small that you could change his race and it wouldn't matter.

CaptainClown is offline   Reply With Quote