The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > The Comics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 12:42 AM   #26
FireandIce213
Side-Kick
 
FireandIce213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 565
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Yea Hollywood guys taking on comic writing assignments never work...another example would be Thomas Jane, wasnt he supposed to write a Punisher story arc at one point? Back when he was supposed to be doing the sequel.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
FireandIce213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #27
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,545
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Wow looks like they are already missing the deadlines on what's supposed to be a monthly mini-series.

Seriously, if you can't do that, just release it as one big one-shot when all the scripts are in.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:59 AM   #28
3dman27
super-hero wannabe
 
3dman27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: in the middle of a superhero adventure
Posts: 35,882
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

good idea thevileone

__________________
to me superheroes are to americans what the myths of the greeks and romans are to them[deemar 325]
avatar by philly phanboy and drakon
3dman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:19 AM   #29
LadyKayoss
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 223
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Out of curiosity, what does Stark look like in this book? I'd love to see the artwork, and see if they based him off RDJ since Favreau's writing this. Going out and buying it isn't currently an option for me.

LadyKayoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #30
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron
 
Iron_Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Avengers Tower
Posts: 5,695
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKayoss View Post
Out of curiosity, what does Stark look like in this book? I'd love to see the artwork, and see if they based him off RDJ since Favreau's writing this. Going out and buying it isn't currently an option for me.
He doesn't look like RDJ, but how Granov usually draws him.

__________________
Iron Man Three - May 3, 2013
Thor: The Dark World - November 8, 2013
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - April 4, 2014
Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #31
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger
 
Ironfan72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Stark International
Posts: 2,204
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

I enjoyed the first issue, I've been a huge fan of Adi's work since Extremis. I'm intriged by what they have planned with Fin Fang Foom and how they treat him, the next issue is due out next week.

__________________
www.advancediron.org -The Ultimate Iron Man Website.
Ironfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #32
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,545
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

The body of Fin Fang Foom was found at a dig. Apparently petrified as stone. It was taken to Las Vegas where it was made a big statue in front of a hotel or building, and its eyes started glowing.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 AM   #33
SpideyZERO
Side-Kick
 
SpideyZERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,201
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Viva Las Vegas #2

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Elsa meets Tony and asks for his help to find out who hired her to dig up the golden dragon statue and also to get closer to the golden dragon statue so she can read the inscription on it. She ends up as Tony's date when he attends the opening ceremony of the new casino. She manages to read more of the inscription but suddenly, the golden dragon awakens and calls himself Fin Fang Foom. It starts to wreak havok in Vegas, Tony sends Elsa away and finds himself a hotel suite to suit up. He attacks Fin Fang Foom...To Be Continued


An enjoyable issue. This series is fun to read. The humor in the story is done well, Tony feels like his movie counterpart. Adi's art amazing. He draws one kick ass Fin Fang Foom. And apparently, Iron Man and Fin Fang Foom knows each other, so this is not the first time they met. Weird. I thought this series was about Iron Man VS Fin Fang Foom for the first time, done in the style of the movie-verse

Looking forward to the next issue, and hope it won't take too long to be on sale

SpideyZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #34
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron
 
Iron_Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Avengers Tower
Posts: 5,695
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Grood issue, great art. Loving Fin Fang Foom's updated look. Can't wait until next issue's throw down.

__________________
Iron Man Three - May 3, 2013
Thor: The Dark World - November 8, 2013
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - April 4, 2014
Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #35
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,545
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
Viva Las Vegas #2

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Elsa meets Tony and asks for his help to find out who hired her to dig up the golden dragon statue and also to get closer to the golden dragon statue so she can read the inscription on it. She ends up as Tony's date when he attends the opening ceremony of the new casino. She manages to read more of the inscription but suddenly, the golden dragon awakens and calls himself Fin Fang Foom. It starts to wreak havok in Vegas, Tony sends Elsa away and finds himself a hotel suite to suit up. He attacks Fin Fang Foom...To Be Continued


An enjoyable issue. This series is fun to read. The humor in the story is done well, Tony feels like his movie counterpart. Adi's art amazing. He draws one kick ass Fin Fang Foom. And apparently, Iron Man and Fin Fang Foom knows each other, so this is not the first time they met. Weird. I thought this series was about Iron Man VS Fin Fang Foom for the first time, done in the style of the movie-verse

Looking forward to the next issue, and hope it won't take too long to be on sale
It's not the movie-verse and its not really the 616-verse either.

Favreau basically established his own sort of pseudo-continuity for the story. Note that in the first issue, his identity as Iron Man/Tony Stark is still a secret.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:46 AM   #36
3dman27
super-hero wannabe
 
3dman27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: in the middle of a superhero adventure
Posts: 35,882
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
It's not the movie-verse and its not really the 616-verse either.

Favreau basically established his own sort of pseudo-continuity for the story. Note that in the first issue, his identity as Iron Man/Tony Stark is still a secret.
the way it SHOULD be

__________________
to me superheroes are to americans what the myths of the greeks and romans are to them[deemar 325]
avatar by philly phanboy and drakon
3dman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:22 AM   #37
Spider Edge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 189
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

could anyone please post a pic of Fin Fang Foom's new look?

thanks.

Spider Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #38
SpideyZERO
Side-Kick
 
SpideyZERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,201
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Here you go
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


I think we should give up on this series. The issue #4 isn't even solicited in the December solicitations....God knows if we will ever see it

SpideyZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #39
Spectacular23
Future New Yorker!!
 
Spectacular23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,684
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Quick question: how does iron man suit up? Is he using extremis (for the first time plz don't let it be extremis!!!) I mean there nothing wrong with it and i really enjoy it, and i know it a comic book but the fact of all that stuff fitting into that suit case just doesn't feel possible.

Spectacular23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:27 AM   #40
3dman27
super-hero wannabe
 
3dman27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: in the middle of a superhero adventure
Posts: 35,882
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

in the comics the suit could be de ionized and flatten so it could fit in tony's attaece [sp] case in the first seson of iron man tas the armor when not in use was DISGUISED as the case

__________________
to me superheroes are to americans what the myths of the greeks and romans are to them[deemar 325]
avatar by philly phanboy and drakon
3dman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #41
Spectacular23
Future New Yorker!!
 
Spectacular23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,684
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Well, ok i was just wondering you know since he using the suit that was involve with the movie.

Spectacular23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:08 AM   #42
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,545
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Marvel always does this

Plain and simple. Don't publish these books until all the scripts are in and the issues are ready to go. They can't keep a realistic schedule on these things at all anymore when they bring in the TV guys, the movie guys. I mean it's great that they want to get involved, but you know it's clear that certain things take priority for them.

I mean this is just a standalone story, so its fine. But you know in this case, I would've preferred just one big graphic novel instead of a mini-series with unbelievably long gaps inbetween.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:50 AM   #43
3dman27
super-hero wannabe
 
3dman27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: in the middle of a superhero adventure
Posts: 35,882
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Marvel always does this

Plain and simple. Don't publish these books until all the scripts are in and the issues are ready to go. They can't keep a realistic schedule on these things at all anymore when they bring in the TV guys, the movie guys. I mean it's great that they want to get involved, but you know it's clear that certain things take priority for them.

I mean this is just a standalone story, so its fine. But you know in this case, I would've preferred just one big graphic novel instead of a mini-series with unbelievably long gaps inbetween.
well put

__________________
to me superheroes are to americans what the myths of the greeks and romans are to them[deemar 325]
avatar by philly phanboy and drakon
3dman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #44
TwilightPro101
........
 
TwilightPro101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,042
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Third that. This one should have been well in the can by now and in graphic novel format.

TwilightPro101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #45
Spectacular23
Future New Yorker!!
 
Spectacular23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,684
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

GOD I"M TIRED OF WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!! anybody know when 3 is coming out i think it is in december or something.


Last edited by Spectacular23; 11-21-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Spectacular23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #46
SpideyZERO
Side-Kick
 
SpideyZERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,201
Default Re: Iron Man in Vegas

Issue 4 is not even solicited too...

SpideyZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.