The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 12-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #101
Watson
Ninja delivery girl

Default Re: We had Smallsvile? Is it time for Gotham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybia View Post
Occasionally I might have him return to Gotham for a very special episode.
Tonight on a very special episode of THE BATMAN: THE EARLY YEARS Commisioner Gordon teaches Bruce Wayne the true meaning of Chanukah

Old 12-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #102
raybia
Signing off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Watson View Post
Tonight on a very special episode of THE BATMAN: THE EARLY YEARS Commisioner Gordon teaches Bruce Wayne the true meaning of Chanukah
Actually I was leaning towards Ramadan.

Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #103
Quinzel
Misses her Puddin'.

Default Re: Batman live action TV series

I'd like to see that.

--Mistah J.

(`v)
.`.. ♥
..) .*)
(. (. . .`.♥The Joker♥
Quinzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #104
raybia
Signing off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinzel View Post
I'd like to see that.
My idea or the previous one?

Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #105
namtaB
Banned User

I didn't read all the posts here so if this was previously mentioned, forgive me. But I recall reading that when Smallville was in development there was also a Batman story also in development under the working title "Bruce Wayne." It was supposed to be narrated via Alfred who would recall an episode of Wayne's life. But it was in the same vein as Smallville, Wayne isn't Batman yet but on the path to becoming Batman. I believe casting was also in progress with Michael Rosenbaum set to play friend Harvey Dent. Once the Smallville approach was chosen instead of the Bruce Wayne series, he was cast as Lex Luthor.

I can't seem to find the source I read but here's more info on this proposed project:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/brucewayne/future.htm

""The script was pure beauty," we were told. "The characters were all dead-on, but better. More fully realized and modernized than they had ever been before. The opening tease... an unidentified young man kicking the ***** out of a jail cell full of street thugs, only to reveal Alfred at the end of it....could it possibly get better than that?"

The project didn't get far enough to go for serious casting, but an actor named Trevor Fehrman (Now You Know, Clerks 2) was considered for the role of Bruce, as was Shawn Ashmore (Bobby Drake/Iceman from the X-Men films). Michael Rosenbaum, later to be the iconic Lex Luthor, was once tossed around for the role of Harvey Dent. David Krumholtz (Numb3rs) was considered as a possible contender to play Jim Gordon."

namtaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:36 PM   #106
JamalYIgle
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
<

JamalYIgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #107
Borat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamalYIgle View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
<
haha cool!

Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:48 AM   #108
Hellrider
Side-Kick

I think a live action would only end up being crony, and campy. But hey, who knows, if they invest it right and put the right people in, and a good budget who knows...But its not an idea I'm fond off. I'd rather they make a good cartoon series. Not fond of The Batman series, although there are some rreally good episodes, its just not consistant.

Hellrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #109
Anjow1060
Rattling the cage

I always thought an origin story for Bruce Wayne could be a good TV story.

Not in the same sense of Smallville, but kinda sorta.

Instead of him being in Gotham I could be very well down with him traveling abroad, infultrating criminal organizations, studying various martial arts styles, learning different sciences, even finding other abilities like studying with Zatara and understanding things like how to escape from being tied up, etc etc. Much like they touched on in BTAS. I do recall several original BTAS villains and they were very enjoyable and I think in the right hands it could easily do very well.

- Jow

Anjow1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:59 PM   #110
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweurk View Post
I like the idea of a TV serie, may be not a continuation of Nolan's movies, but in the same gritty realistic style. It could be a combination of a Batman Show and a Gotham Central show, with episodes centered on Batman and others where he would only appear as a cameo, I thik it would help having better actors without taking too much of their time.
I agree with those who say it should be done by HBO, Showtime, or FX (I'm a fan of the Shield)
I think they could even use Robin (whom i don't want in the movie), for exemple, make him appear in season 3, he is a teenager (15-16 years old) who gives informations to Batman (his CI) to help him fight criminality, and at the end of the season, his parents are murdered because he helped batman. Filled with guilt, Wayne adopt him. During the next season, Wayne learns that he has a heart illness because of his use of steroids (i think it would be good to show that Wayne is so much into his war that he is destroying himself) and because he is afraid he could not see the end of his battle, he starts training Grayson to become his successor...

Also, any ideas for the actors?
As a fan of the shield, i could see Walton Goggins or Jay Karnes as the Joker, what do you think?
...No. Just...no.

I'm for a BTAS style show or a Gotham Central show. HBO or FX would be the dream networks.

I'd actually like to see Gotham Central, more. It'd be something new, and Batman not being the primary focus I don't think would matter much. Particularly if it's as well written as the comic was or any other really good police drama like The Wire or The Shield. I've wanted to see a show like this long before the comic came and when it did it just sparked even more interest because, well, it worked...damn well. If ****ville could be such a hit, this definitely can.

One other note, this is about the Nolan movies as well as the show, I don't see why people think villains like Clayface, Mr Freeze, and Croc are so out there. The original version of Clayface was just an actor who became a serial killer or hitman or something and used extensive makeup and such to alter his appearance (therefore the name 'Clayface'). Mr Freeze just needs a few alterations here and there (check out the 'how would you change characters to fit BB' thread for some really good ideas). And when you get down to it, Croc is just a big, nasty man with a bad skin condition (epidermolitic hyperkeratosis[sp?]). I have no idea what comic creator came up with the idea of turning him into mini-Godzilla but they should be smacked.

Point is, most of the Rogues gallery are easy made 'realistic' without drastically changing the character or removing what makes them...them.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 PM   #111
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
haha cool!
x2

Old 01-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #112
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Watson View Post
Hahah!

GORDON: Alright Bruce, do you know why we light the candles?
BRUCE: To remember the pain. To remember why we chose to embark on this mission. To remember the oath that we swore at the graves of our forefathers.
GORDON: ...No.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:15 AM   #113
KILLING JOKER
Anything but side-kick

After the 3rd film? Why the hell not? So many villans and plotlines...

Like anything else, it would have to be done by the right creative team and the right cast. Otherwise, there's no point.

I'd like to see it on HBO. Gritty and darker with a real edge like Nolans films. The odds are that they'd put it on the WB and make it as lame as hell though. Y'know to reach the Smallville audience.

KILLING JOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #114
Rolf
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLING JOKER View Post
After the 3rd film? Why the hell not? So many villans and plotlines...

Like anything else, it would have to be done by the right creative team and the right cast. Otherwise, there's no point.

I'd like to see it on HBO. Gritty and darker with a real edge like Nolans films. The odds are that they'd put it on the WB and make it as lame as hell though. Y'know to reach the Smallville audience.
I think they should disrequard the third film entirely and get right on with the series.

There are just so much more possibilities for that.

Rolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #115
Tonicky
NHK Conspiracy

I rather see a Batman Gotham Knight style series then live action.

Evil? Must be talking about indie cause I'm an angel.
funnest thing I have ever read
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerGrayson View Post
I think I love Tonicky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerGrayson View Post
I want to adopt you and raise you as my own.
Tonicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #116
sammall
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUD_SILENT_MAN View Post
Same. Nolan's universe takes a very realistic view of Gotham. Villains like Clayface, Manbat, Killer Croc, etc. wouldnt be able to exist in his Batman universe.
I want it to be more like the 90's cartoon of batman and maybe a little bit of Nolan ... but have the ability to have fantasy villains ... or something ...

PS ... I don't know ... but somehow if ever someone did a Batman live action TV series ... I feel like it might become more like the Joel Schumacher films ... hmmm ...

Last edited by sammall; 01-15-2009 at 07:27 PM.
sammall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:53 AM   #117
Two-Face=Badass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
GORDON: Alright Bruce, do you know why we light the candles?
BRUCE: To remember the pain. To remember why we chose to embark on this mission. To remember the oath that we swore at the graves of our forefathers.
GORDON: ...No.
That's the funniest thing I've read all day!

Anyway, I'm still all for the Gotham Central show, but I think people should drop the realism BS. The actual Gotham Central trades were fantastic, the best batbooks in years, and they had arcs involving Mr Freeze, mind controlling Mad Hatter, monster making Dr Alchemy and others. Yet they still retained a proper gritty atmoshpere. I'd love it as a BTAS meets Law and Order sort of thing. A Two-Face arc like in the series would be fantastic too, Nolan's continuity would only inhibit the series, I'd go for a separate continuity.

-Mal and Zoe, Firefly
Two-Face=Badass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #118
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

Again, people are taking this "realism" far too seriously. Nolan isn't going for realism so much as plausibilty. He wants it to feel real and credible, even if it ultimately isn't. There's a plausible way to do almost all of the rogues gallery without screwing them. Even Freeze and Man-Bat. Killer Croc isn't even an issue as he's a guy with a bad skin condition. That stupid mini-Godzilla thing is a relatively recent addition of the comics.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #119
Rincewind
grezdei

On principle, I like the idea of a TV series. Television offers a lot of possibilities as a medium, one of them being a huge amount of time to develop the story and the characters - much more than the 2 hours that a movie can offer. In a TV series they can do longer and more elaborate story arcs that can be very faithful to the comics.

However, I don't think I'd want it to be set in the Nolanverse. Let it be it's own thing, it's own -verse.

Rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #120
RockyBatboa
Side-Kick

i dont know about a show on the tube. everyone knows tv rots the brain. i think i'll pass

RockyBatboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #121
Saint
The Devil's Robot

A Batman TV series has always been a no-brainer, but since networks have no brains, it hasn't happened. It would even be workable under the asinine "no-tights" rule that WB (and now CW) lives by. If he can't be in costume, fine--a series about his training years will work just fine. It's the perfect formula. He lives in different parts of the world at different times, collecting the skills he'll use to be Batman. The amount of potential here is astronomical, and has the capacity to appeal to a ridiculously broad audience. Maybe you've got a season set in europe and a season set in Japan, and so on. Episodes about the martial arts, about criminology--hell, you could have episodes where Bruce trains under professional drivers. The field is wide open.

Similarly, a Nightwing television show is also ideal. A young lead coming of age in a new city, making a name for himself out from under Batman's shadow, and with enough money to fill a garage lair with all the coolest toys in the world. Hell, give him a mask and stick a blue bird silhouette on a leather jacket, and you've even satisfied that (as I said, asinine) "no-tights" rule--and with better results than the awful Justice League matching hoodies crap.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #122
Jordacar
The Endless One

Aha, I knew there was a thread specifically about this.

Like I've said before, I wanna see a straight live-action prime time Batman show, no twist on the material, no early-days take. A new show should be similar in tone to the Nolan films but follow its own continuity.

Anyway, after Nolan rounds out his trilogy, there will never be a better time for Batman to make the jump to TV, while Superman and the other DC big guns have their turn at the box office.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #123
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post
Aha, I knew there was a thread specifically about this.

Like I've said before, I wanna see a straight live-action prime time Batman show, no twist on the material, no early-days take. A new show should be similar in tone to the Nolan films but follow its own continuity.

Anyway, after Nolan rounds out his trilogy, there will never be a better time for Batman to make the jump to TV, while Superman and the other DC big guns have their turn at the box office.
I actually think it would be one of the worst likely times to see a live-action batman on TV. If anything DC seems to put their character on tv when they're not that popular and not at their peak. Batman will still be at his popular peak for several years after the last nolan flick.

Also WB's going to be protective of batman's image. For the last decade he's been depicted in these near 200 million dollar budget films. I don't think WB would want to start exposing the public to his made for tv version. Which is why i think you've never seen the superman suit on tv in smallville.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #124
Jordacar
The Endless One

As long as they don't try to make it the next "Smallville." A lot to hope for, I know, but it's feasible.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #125
TheBatman072
Banned User

Gotham Central.

Done and done.

TheBatman072 is offline   Reply With Quote