"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Phoenix vs. Xavier duel 25 20.00%
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Magneto moves the Golden Gate Bridge 17 13.60%
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - Phoenix awakens on Alcatraz 13 10.40%
Other not listed - Explain in post 28 22.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #26
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Favorite moment in the trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Nah I rewatched the scene again (still can't be bothered to buy the dvd so i saw it some where online) and it does turn from red to black and not just black to begin with.
So, in other words, you were inventing a nitpick where no evidence existed.

Quote:
thanks tho Nell for explaining my side.
I think you need all the friends you can get.

Quote:
But yea that was what i originally meant. 'X-Maniac' is correct in this regard. I guess i could nitpick that it was a very fake looking Jet Black wig but some of the shots of the character pre-X-men 3 also showed a very fake looking red-head Mystique.
Right. This falls into the category of 'I don't like the movie so i'm going to try to find things wrong with it.' Don't worry, there have been others like you and they've been dealt with as well.

Why on earth did you bring up that 'nitpick' without first viewing the scene?

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #27
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
So, in other words, you were inventing a nitpick where no evidence existed.
I don't know what your problem is.

That's how I remember how the scene originally played out. I have only seen X-men 3 twice before that rewatch. I did not remember it turning from red to black originally. Just an honest mistake.

Quote:
I think you need all the friends you can get.
As far as I know there are a lot more people that don't like the third movie compared to the first two, so I don't really get what your point is. Also IIRC Nell is a great supporter of X-men 3, so that speaks volumes of his character that he can see it from my point of view.

And why does it have to be us against them, "find your friends and side with them" sort of thing? I've discussed what I liked about the third movie in the appropriate thread. Here I was discussing something that was bothering me for the longest time, after someone brought up the scene.

Quote:
Right. This falls into the category of 'I don't like the movie so i'm going to try to find things wrong with it.' Don't worry, there have been others like you and they've been dealt with as well.
Okay good for you.

As far as I can tell tho, you haven't swayed anyone to your opinion so good luck i guess...

And if you don't think Mystique's jet black hair did not look fake then your blind admiration for this film cannot be helped.

Quote:
Why on earth did you bring up that 'nitpick' without first viewing the scene?
Like I said, honest mistake. We can't all be perfect like you 'X-Maniac'! Someone brought up the scene, I responded with a tiny detail that has been bugging me ever since I saw it. You responded with your signature condescending post. Someone corrected me. I rewatched the aforementioned scene. I admitted my mistake.

Then you come up with another condescending post. Btw, you probably thought Im a noob (think again!) and responded accordingly, believing I wouldnt stand up to a bully like yourself... you've been doing this schtick forever 'X-Maniac' don't you get tired of hearing yourself...

Last edited by EnDz0n3; 01-05-2009 at 05:54 PM.
EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #28
The Original Bamfer
Sassneto

Guys, some people like the film and some people dislike the film - everyone's entitled to their opinions. But if you can't be respectful and mature when discussing these opinions, perhaps you shouldn't discuss them at all.

The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #29
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I don't know what your problem is.
That's cos I don't have one.

Quote:
That's how I remember how the scene originally played out. I have only seen X-men 3 twice before that rewatch. I did not remember it turning from red to black originally. Just an honest mistake.
I see. Well, no harm done as we know now for sure that it did turn black. I was about to rewatch it, as i couldn't believe the film-makers were THAT dumb.

Quote:
As far as I know there are a lot more people that don't like the third movie compared to the first two, so I don't really get what your point is. Also IIRC Nell is a great supporter of X-men 3, so that speaks volumes of his character that he can see it from my point of view.
I guess I'm a lot less tolerant of attacks that might be being made just for the sake of attacking. But no problem, we settled it.

Quote:
And why does it have to be us against them, "find your friends and side with them" sort of thing? I've discussed what I liked about the third movie in the appropriate thread. Here I was discussing something that was bothering me for the longest time, after someone brought up the scene.
It's frequently "us against them" on here. Fox v Warner, Singer v Ratner, Welling v Routh, X3 v Superman Returns, it goes on and on. Feelings get amplified on here by obsessive people, it's why i prefer to see movies with people who aren't like people on this site, you get a more real-world view. I have my obsessions but I tame them in the real world and like to talk with non-obsessives, as they see things in a new way, they see what really matters.

Quote:
As far as I can tell tho, you haven't swayed anyone to your opinion so good luck i guess...
I'm not bothered about that. As long as alternative viewpoints, inteliigence and logic have a place on here. Blind hate can't be allowed to rule - that's never got humanity anywhere.

Quote:
And if you don't think Mystique's jet black hair did not look fake then your blind admiration for this film cannot be helped.
It looked fine to me. And you must be blind if you think i have blind admiration. I've discussed the negatives ad nauseum.

Quote:
Like I said, honest mistake. We can't all be perfect like you 'X-Maniac'! Someone brought up the scene, I responded with a tiny detail that has been bugging me ever since I saw it. You responded with your signature condescending post. Someone corrected me. I rewatched the aforementioned scene. I admitted my mistake.
Good, then that's settled.

Quote:
Then you come up with another condescending post. Btw, you probably thought Im a noob (think again!) and responded accordingly, believing I wouldnt stand up to a bully like yourself... you've been doing this schtick forever 'X-Maniac' don't you get tired of hearing yourself...
I responded because I had no idea what you were going on about. It seemed such a random nitpick, several years later, about something no one else has ever mentioned. And you were so quick to criticise and blame it on 'bad editing' without even checking. I don't believe it was an honest mistake, what WAS honest was your admission that it was a mistake, which is fine.

I'm not a bully but I have no problem speaking up. If I hadn't, then you'd probably never have checked that footage and the 'bad editing' nitpick would just have stayed. As it was, we now know that was not a valid criticism of the film.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #30
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I responded because I had no idea what you were going on about.
I had no problem regarding your original "No idea what you are talking about!?" response. It was your post after that that was blatantly belittling. But i should have come to expect that from you...

Quote:
It seemed such a random nitpick, several years later, about something no one else has ever mentioned. And you were so quick to criticise and blame it on 'bad editing' without even checking.
How else would one conclude what one assumed was a bad choice of clips? I really did not find the need to rewatch a film that I did not enjoy my first and second viewings.

Quote:
I don't believe it was an honest mistake, what WAS honest was your admission that it was a mistake, which is fine.
...okay.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #31
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I've said what I wanted to say, I've heard what you had to say, and am happy to leave it there.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #32
04nbod
I need to debrief you

i always liked rogue getting her white hair and almost killing wolverine

Old 01-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #33
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

"X2" - Nightcrawler White House attack
"X2" - Magneto escapes from prison
"X2" - Wolverine vs. Lady Deathstrike

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #34
November Rain
Single Mother

cage fight
wolverine on cyclop's bike
deathstrike fight
all scenes with magneto and mystique in the 2nd film
wolverine saving rogue at the end of the first film
storm's lightening line
nightcrawlers attack

November Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #35
Dormant X Gene

my favorite scene out of the x-men movies and maybe any movie is in the first one when wolverine throws the guy he just fought in the cage up against the wall and his claws come out (one on each side of his neck and then that middle one comes out towards his neck slowly) thats the best scene ever,also when rouge asks wolverine when they come out does it hurt and he replied every time,that was a good scene,and right after that when you see him heal for the first time was great too, i also loved it when magneto pulled the guns away from the police and then shot that one cop but held the bullet back(he didn't give him self enough credit,im sure he could have held all the bullets back with ease),

in the second movie i liked the nightcrawler assassination attempt,(bamf) and of course when mystique put the iron in the guards blood and magneto used it to escape from "The Vault" or at least its the vault in my imagination (i dont know if it had another name in the movie),i also liked seeing mystique disguise herself as different people to gain entry to those computer files,

in the third movie i liked seeing magneto and charles back in the day when they were BFF's, i also liked the scene when pyro said he would have killed xavier if he got the chance and magneto said something like "you have no idea how much that man did for mutants,my only regret is that he had to die for my vision to live" it was touching,when magneto broke mystique out of the mobile jail cell was a cool scene,him picking up the golden gate bridge was cool, and something i liked but i dont understand why they just plopped it at the end of the credits was how they show charles xavier not dead but that he had put his concesnous into the body of that man in acoma.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #36
I Am The Knight
In the Welsh

Magneto outside the train station in X1, probably.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood.
I Am The Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #37
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

From those listed, I go w/Wolvie vs. Deathstrike.

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:06 AM   #38
RonStoppablefan
Harry Potter fan

Well lets see I am watching X-Men 3 Last Stand right now. I have a few favorite scenes from that..

-The Golden Gate Brige scene. I was impressed with how well it was done, I mean there all standing at the end there just waiting for Magneto to take care of it. Pretty cool if you ask me.

-I also like the big battle at the end, fav bits between that has to be Kitty taking care of JuggerNott. Wolverine um kicking that one guy in his balls so he can't grow those back LOL. Beast attacking his prey, his speech to Wolverine was also funny.

-The Fire V.S Ice scene was also cool. Man do I wish it was longer though.

-Wolverines fight in the woods was also pretty cool.

-In the begining there was a talk between Rouge and Wolverine about her leaving to take away her powers. I liked Wolverines speech to Rouge, made me wish they had more scenes in the film.

-I also really liked Bobby's/Kittys scenes. I thought they were more cute together but that's me.

X-Men 2

-Wolverine V.S Striker

-Magneto breaking out of jail

-Jean sacraficing herself in the end

-Jean V.S Scott

-Pyro burning up those cops. Sad yes but very cool and good acting.

-First appearnce of Night Crawler

X-Men

-Wolverines introduction

-Wolverine and Rouges first meeting

-SaberTooths attack

-Magneto's attack on the world

Wolverine V.S SaberTooth fight on top of the Statue of Liberty, short yes but still kind of fun

Wolverine giving Scott the fingure with his one claw. It was funny

Thats all my favorite bits.

Fantastic Four fan.
Wolverine fan.
SmallVille fan.
Heroes fan.
RonStoppablefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #39
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
i always liked rogue getting her white hair and almost killing wolverine
That's 2 different scenes.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #40
ChaoticPsylocke
Edges I like 'em Rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
That's 2 different scenes.
no, at the end when she gets the hair he passes out and she wakes up. then we see him in the infirmary. so i just assumed he narrowly missed dying again.

ChaoticPsylocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #41
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
As my recent kick on X-Men continues, a thread for favorite moment of the trilogy. I'm going to make a poll with some of the common scenes, as well as some of my personal favorites. You can go in depth in your post if you wish, or even post some other favorite moments you have.

My favorite moment overall in the trilogy is -probably- the Phoenix climax on Alcatraz in X-Men: The Last Stand. I think it's emotional, epic, shot beautifully, superb acting. I know a lot of people have problems with the "You would die for them?" "No, for you" exchange, but I personally highly enjoy it, and feel it's in character for both involved. It should be Cyclops, yes, but overall, I just can't let my fanboyism get in the way of a great scene (or is it my fanboyism saying the scene is great?)

Some of my favorite moments from each film:

X-Men
-Xavier and Magneto interaction at the Senate hearing.
-Wolverine cage fight introduction.
-Cyclops talking to a comatose Xavier - "Everything worth knowing I learned from you"

X2: X-Men United
-Magneto's escape from the plastic prison
-Jean's sacrifice
-Nightcrawler's White House invasion

X-Men: The Last Stand
-Phoenix climax on Alcatraz
-Magneto's church and forest speeches
-Magneto's televised terrorist threats

--- 5 options from each movie, plus an "other" choice. Poll allows for multiple choice answers.
i can't believe you didn't list the raid on the mansion in X2.

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"

PSN ID: Gizmo1024
playing Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Rochard, Super Street Fighter 4
javi1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #42
Leenie
Side-Kick

Some moments that stand out:

X1
- The very beginning with Magneto's past and Rogue's origin.
- Wolverine and Rogue's talk in the train.
- Wolverine saving Rogue at the end.

X2
- Pretty much EVERY scene with Nightcrawler. I couldn't have asked for better treatment of one of my favorite characters.
- Wolverine vs. Lady Deathstrike
- Jean's sacrifice.

X3
- Jean vs. Xavier at the house.

(6) Kick-Ass, (7) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (8) Batman (1989),
(9) Captain America: The First Avenger, (10) Superman
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #43
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Other: Jay simulating Wolverine's berserker rage in Mallrats.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #44
RomyFan
Side-Kick

I voted for Wolverine and Rogue dialogue in the truck, in the first movie. We all agree that they messed up Rogue, all right, but this scene was really good; judging from it, you wouldn't really know that Rogue would necessary be a wimp in the rest of the movies.

RomyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #45
Mutagen
Quietly Infectious User

In X2, When Magneto enters the fake Cerebro, up to the point he leaves. Essentially, the most capable and prepared mutant on Earth, and reversing the whole scheme of human dominance in the movie.

Nightcrawler invading the White house is a close second.

Mutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #46
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I think, in absence of her having the Ms. Marvel powers, there really isn't a whole lot she can do. How many people is she going to encounter in the field whose powers she can steal & prove useful in the fight? How many of them would let her actually get close enough to even try?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #47
RomyFan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
I think, in absence of her having the Ms. Marvel powers, there really isn't a whole lot she can do. How many people is she going to encounter in the field whose powers she can steal & prove useful in the fight? How many of them would let her actually get close enough to even try?
Yeah, but that wasn't the only problem: it was her attitude. I mean, she didn't really have one. And I know it's not Anna Paquin's fault.

RomyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #48
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Her attitude was she wanted to be able to touch people. Same as it had been since the first movie. Like in that deleted scene where she was hoping for a cure.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #49
returntovoid
Side-Kick

Here are few that came to mind:

X1:

-Wolverine drawing his claws on the other cage fighter's throat

X2:

-Nightcrawler's attacks the White House
-Berserker enraged Wolverine killing Stryker's soldier in the Mansion

X3:

-Beast says "Oh My, stars and garters"

returntovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #50
Hound89
Side-Kick

"too much iron in your blood"

Hound89 is offline   Reply With Quote