Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor World

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #11
RAMORE
~The First Avenger~

Default Re: Post Your Favourite Thor Pictures

Pencils by anothen color xiwik

art courtesy of northchavis

gotta love the gender switch done by tarzman.

And heres an all different Thor by Urban Barbarian with a funny backstory:

Artist's Comments
Want to a funny story that will bring a tear to your eye?

Of course you do. You're still reading this. So I get a call from an Art Director friend of mine on Saturday as I was preparing to get my place ready for the Fedor/Arlovski fight. He asked me if I could submit a last minute design for the Thor movie that Marvel is doing.

Over course I was thrilled. They needed it Monday morning. Fine, whatever! They could of needed it in a few hours and I would of complied. It's Thor! Hell, I did design work for [link] Superhero, the Movie - I was waiting for a REAL superhero movie to come along!

Anyway, I factored in a few things. Like creating a suit that could successfully pad an actor and give him some heroic bulk, etc. I also knew that the colors had to be a bit more subdued than the Kirby comic book. And sadly, I had to come up with something that wouldn't look ridiculous on. A tall order.

So, I did what I could and enjoyed every minute of it. I managed about 65% of what I envisioned. Generally that's a decent success when it comes to applying your vision to paper.

I even incorporated the marks on Thor's plates into his logo...

Here's the sad part. I turned it in and that's when the AD mentioned it was a design for the ANIMATED movie. I just assumed it was for the Live Action film I've heard buzz about... Clearly I need to learn to ask more questions...! Assumption is the mother of all... what's the word I'm looking for?

Hell, at least I got to design a Thor costume, right?

I Believe in Tim Tebow

RAMORE is offline   Reply With Quote