The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man Sequels

Old 05-17-2008, 03:15 AM   #1
WebSpinner
Side-Kick

Default Holographic Jarvis

I really think Jarvis should be a hologram in the sequel. What does everyone else think of that?

WebSpinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
Mutagen
Quietly Infectious User

Default Re: Holographic Jarvis

I thought it was cool to include Jarvis. As a computor instead of human is a little out of place, but having him in there is good. The computor version works in not having Stark harm too many people we've connected to, by him revealing his identity to the bad guys.

So if Jarvis is a hologram, I would like it better than no Jarvis at all.

Plus I thought giving him the voice of Paul Bettany was awesome, I didn't even catch that till SHH posted it.

Mutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #3
cosmicherosa
king of life

I'd prefer Pepper Potts to be the main assistant in the house, and Jarvis as the go to guy for everything else.

cosmicherosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:15 AM   #4
Rikxiepoo
Feces

I wouldn't mind him being both a computer and a hologram, tho what good a hologram of him would do is another question. In any case Paul Bettany should be both the voice and the looks if they actually make him a hologram. I'm glad they didn't make him a real person because then he would be too much like Alfred for Batman.

Rikxiepoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
The Man of Steel
Banned User

A Robot Jarvis might be cool to

The Man of Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #6
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSpinner View Post
I really think Jarvis should be a hologram in the sequel. What does everyone else think of that?
I think it's a GREAT idea!

Old 05-19-2008, 01:19 AM   #7
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
I think it's a GREAT idea!
Seconded. I also like the fact that they made Jarvis into a computer not butler; it makes Pepper more relevant and Stark doesn't have a Alfred clone.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:27 AM   #8
Arach Knight
Abstraction of Logic

Sounds too much like Cortana from Halo. And i'm sure most of the people who see the film are likely to be gamers themselves. As such, they might draw the same comparisons. I prefer the seemingly omnipresent form of Jarvis as an A.I. construct.

Arach Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #9
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Knight View Post
Sounds too much like Cortana from Halo. And i'm sure most of the people who see the film are likely to be gamers themselves. As such, they might draw the same comparisons. I prefer the seemingly omnipresent form of Jarvis as an A.I. construct.
really? i would never make that comparisson...though perhaps its a similar concept...cortana is a military program while jarvis is pretty much just a sarcastic voice that helps out stark...

Old 05-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #10
Arach Knight
Abstraction of Logic

The major differneces between Cortana and Jarvis are the fact that Cortona has a personality and has a semi-physical representation. Jaravis may lack a personality in the film but ultimately he shares much of the same purpose. He is an advanced AI that carries out calculations for a person in powered armor. I already know that they turned Jarvis into an AI instead of keeping a human butler like the comics, just to avoid direct comparisons to Batman. If they make Jarvis holographic, then it will seem too much like Master Chief. Another character in powered armor that carries around an AI construct. Just my perspective of course, but that is what came to mind when I read that idea.

Arach Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #11
spiderfan970
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Knight View Post
The major differneces between Cortana and Jarvis are the fact that Cortona has a personality and has a semi-physical representation. Jaravis may lack a personality in the film but ultimately he shares much of the same purpose. He is an advanced AI that carries out calculations for a person in powered armor. I already know that they turned Jarvis into an AI instead of keeping a human butler like the comics, just to avoid direct comparisons to Batman. If they make Jarvis holographic, then it will seem too much like Master Chief. Another character in powered armor that carries around an AI construct. Just my perspective of course, but that is what came to mind when I read that idea.

I think Jarvis had a personality, he was making sarcastic remarks at tony like the whole movie.

spiderfan970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #12
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice

only if they do it right. kinda like red queen form resident evil

Old 06-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #13
irapogi
Side-Kick

paul bettany's got the look for it as well, i'll give ya that.

irapogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #14
Ghrunter
Geek-Chic

I think they should just stick to the a.i. Jarvis, it suits in with the whole sorta advanced feel of the technology in the film.

Also, people compare Batman and Iron Man enough as it is for obvious reasons, and him having a visualization of Jarvis would bring him closer to being like Alfred.

Ghrunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #15
Microchip
Gettin my applesauce back

Quote:
And i'm sure most of the people who see the film are likely to be gamers themselves.
Oooh, I don't know about that. I know tons of people from all walks of life and social standings who have seen and loved this movie. But I'm off topic!

I'd like Iron Man to try to stay as believable as possible, and I don't know if a Jarvis hologram wouldn't be that one thing that just goes too far. Maybe have him as a computerized image on a screen... but even then. I think he was fine as he was.

Microchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #16
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Re: Holographic Jarvis

Well, there were already holograms like crazy in the first film, so a holographic Jarvis in the second would be fine in my mind. As for similarities to Cortana, the reason they made him AI in the first place was to avoid similarities to Alfred. I say go for the hologram because it will be a much less obvious similarity. Also, I think they should mention Hank Pym when talking about Jarvis' AI in the second film, at the very least to give a nod to Ultron.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #17
xisaacx
trademarks us miserable

im all for keeping the a.i jarvis, no need to add anymore actors or people. it would overload the movie