The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Would you see this movie?
Yes, I'd see it. Sounds cool 4 17.39%
No, I want a superMAN movie, don't care about Superboy 19 82.61%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

Default Superboy

No, I'm not talking about Jason. I'm just curious how you guys and gals would feel about a Superboy film. Let's say scientists took the piece of Kryptonite with Superman's blood on it from the hospital, and studied it trying to understand and replicate it. We discover a secret lab (Cadmus) where they are attempting to clone Superman. We see a variety of tanks with bodies of varying ages. The clones never turn out quite right.

Eventually a certain villainous someone by the name of Luthor figures out that in order for the clone to be a success, it needs to be spliced with human DNA, HIS DNA! He wants his own personal super being to control! He tampers with one that physically looks to be about 19/20 years of age.

During Lex's break in to Cadmus, to alter the DNA a henchmen unwittingly cracks the tank of what appears to be the oldest clone, he has a hunched body, and discolored skin, but a childlike mind. This clone escapes and will become Bizarro.

Once Bizarro is out, although he means well is causing millions of dollars worth of damage and needs to be stopped as the city will be destroyed if he doesn't stop his "heroics".

Lex quickly learns that his younger clone which he has become in possession of is rebellious and uncontrollable. Lex fearing this may happen, threatens the young clone with Kryptonite, only to find out Superboy is immune thanks to his half human DNA.

Superboy flies off to confront Bizarro and they have an epic in air battle, at super speeds, their fight causing they very ground beneath to quake.

(I'd have it explained that Superman is away on some space mission with the Justice League as to why he doesn't stop Bizarro himself)

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...

Default Re: Superboy

No superboy/Girl, Bizzarro or Krypto movies should be considered until they pull Superman out of the hole he's fallen into.
That should be their primary concern right now.

Wesley Dodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

Would you see a movie like I described above, though? Also, I'd have no problems with an animated straight to dvd Krypto movie aimed at 8-10 year olds, just would like it to be better than the cartoon he had recently.

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 04-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
[A]
Banned User

I'll take a Bizarro movie over a Superboy one

[A] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
NeoRanger
Side-Kick

I'll gladly see any Conner Kent movie about anything. Just... after we're done with bringing Superman back.

In the same fashion, I'd rather never see another Superman movie again than sit through one that has a teenage Clark Kent flying in full costume around Smallville.

By the way, they would have issues with what to call him, though. IIRC, DC no longer has the rights over the name.

NeoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Would you see a movie like I described above, though? Also, I'd have no problems with an animated straight to dvd Krypto movie aimed at 8-10 year olds, just would like it to be better than the cartoon he had recently.
Your idea is a good one, im just saying that if it were greenlit tomorrow i'd be a little bit like "What? But... But what about Big Blue?" like he was being abandoned or something... And yeah, an animated Krypto movie would be great. If memory serves he was featured in Jeph Loebs Public Enemies, the next DCAU adaptation. It'll be interesting if they keep him in.

Wesley Dodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
SuBe
Voluntaryist

It's a pretty good idea Lob, but I like this one better.

http://www.moviehole.net/200918546-s...rns-as-bizzaro

Bizarro is the Protagonist, Superman is the "villian".

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=290666
or http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=347909

"Everyday that Congress meets, you lose a little bit more of your Liberty"
SuBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

The idea sounds interesting, I am not against a Superboy movie down the line, not sure I'd include Bizarro though. To be honest I think Superboy as a TV show might be cool even if Smallville has used up some of the potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBe View Post
It's a pretty good idea Lob, but I like this one better.

http://www.moviehole.net/200918546-s...rns-as-bizzaro

Bizarro is the Protagonist, Superman is the "villian".
Actually Superman isn't in that script except for the beginning. Zod is the villain and Bizarro is Frankenstein.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:26 AM   #9
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

Nah I don't want to see a Superboy movie, even if its after WB launches a successful Superman franchise.

But I wouldn't be opposed to a Supergirl movie

Merry Christmas!!!
Twitter: Follow @Superark

Superark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

I could see this as an animated venture but not a live action film. Good idea though.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #11
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

Hmm animated? I like that. As for the Superboy name, they've been calling Superboy Prime just that again recently, so I'm fairly certain they're allowed to use that name once more.

I had this idea this morning after thinking about the current Bizarro spec that's floating around.

The way I saw it, none of us can seem to agree on anything with Superman be it cast, or villain, origin, established etc. So, I figured let me see what you guys thought if there was ever a Superboy movie instead.

Thanks for the feedback fellas .

And, a the very least, if a movie like the one I described above ever got made, we'd at least have different casting suggestions

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 04-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #12
mego joe
Side-Kick

I'd prefer a Superboy film which features Superman when he was a boy.

mego joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:36 PM   #13
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Hell no. No Superboy like in Superman when he was a boy. THe first idea sounds cool for an animated movie or Tv-series.

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #14
wellsy
All crews reporting.

Oh wow. Pre-crisis, post-crisis, what a continuity mess.

I'd like to see what was described by Lobo. It seems pretty cool (though 16-17 would more fit my idea of a "boy" - you've reached your majority at age 21 by tradition, and I'd say I was a "man" when I was 18).

Of course though, unless its a DTV animated film, it would have to wait until after Superman... erm, returns.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #15
Sam
Im Always Around

Maybe its just me, but i hate Superboy concept!

What can i do?

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #16
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

I've actually always liked the Connor Kent Superboy. I don't want to see a live action movie about him, but I would like an animated movie or hell, a television series. When Smallville was first created, I remember thinking to myself, it would be cool if it was about Connor Kent growing up with the older Kents in Metropolis, and I know thats not how it goes in the comics but I thought it would have been cool.

If and when The Death of Superman storyline is made into a movie, or series of movies, I would have no problem with the Connor Kent storyline being involved as long as it's done right.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #17
sf2
Side-Kick

maybe. but definitely no a storyline derived from SR.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #18
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Nope, I wouldn't.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #19
Ultraman Nexus
Side-Kick

I don't really like Superboys basic concept. A teenage clone of Superman who has telekenetic powers. He's sort of like both redundant and too dissimilar at the same time.

I will say though that there are times when I did find the character entertaining in the pages of Young Justice. I also didn't think it was fair for him to be on DiDio's slaughter list.

But then again they've boned YJ so hard it's ridiculous. They turned Bart into a total angst puppy and ruined his character so much that something that should have been awesome (his becoming the Flash) fell totally flat because he already wasn't anything like the character people loved at all so the excitement of him being able to move up was nullified from day one. That's before you even get into the sillyness of agining him.

Ultraman Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #20
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

It might be better to start off with a Superman/Superboy combined movie first. Have Superboy created and then interact and go on a joint mission with Superman before he has his own seperate movie.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #21
afan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mego joe View Post
I'd prefer a Superboy film which features Superman when he was a boy.
I think that's the only one I would care to see, however not another "Smallville". No teen angst allowed.