View Poll Results: New actor?
Yes! 50 29.07%
No, I want Jackman! 100 58.14%
Not sure. 22 12.79%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2009, 06:43 AM   #1
Pauluz
Banned User

Default Aynone else kinda done with Jackman's Wolverine?

Don't get me wrong, I loved his Wolverine in X1 and some bits in X2 but as we all know he got softer and softer. Even in the new film. I don't know where the change came from but Jackman has lost the badass he was in X1.

Who's up for a new Wolverine?

Pauluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:45 AM   #2
Antrax255
The Anti-One

Default Re: Aynone else kinda done with Jackman's Wolverine?

I'm done with Wolverine period.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

While Jackman has done pretty good working wtih the material he was given, I don't think he was entirely right for the role. For most of his existence, Wolverine is supposed to be around 5'3". In the last 10+ years, he isn't generally protrayed as being that short in the comics.
I would, however, have liked to seen a much shorter man be cast as Wolverine. Jackman is listed at 6' 2 1/2". I would have liked to have seen a much shorter man's take on the role.

not_a_victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
dark_b
Side-Kick

he trained like a machine. hes has a lot of muscles in the movie. but he act to soft. he is a ''softy''. to bad

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:03 AM   #5
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

What's really unusual is that HJ wasn't the first choice for the role. He actually replaced Dougray Scott.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
dark_b
Side-Kick

Scott would be an interesting wolverine. also badass IMO.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
Pauluz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_a_victim View Post
While Jackman has done pretty good working wtih the material he was given, I don't think he was entirely right for the role. For most of his existence, Wolverine is supposed to be around 5'3". In the last 10+ years, he isn't generally protrayed as being that short in the comics.
I would, however, have liked to seen a much shorter man be cast as Wolverine. Jackman is listed at 6' 2 1/2". I would have liked to have seen a much shorter man's take on the role.
I don't think his height has anything to do with portraying the character. You can't have everything, Jackman had the voice, the face and the attitude in X1. His height really is a minor issue. It's not like he's 7 feet tall.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:07 AM   #8
Pauluz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
Scott would be an interesting wolverine. also badass IMO.
Wouldn't be a bad choice but I think he can't hide his acent.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:21 AM   #9
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauluz View Post
Wouldn't be a bad choice but I think he can't hide his acent.
thats also true.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:25 AM   #10
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think his height has anything to do with portraying the character. You can't have everything, Jackman had the voice, the face and the attitude in X1. His height really is a minor issue. It's not like he's 7 feet tall.
I don't think he had the proper voice or face. Attitiude is only the actor portraying what is written in the script and at the director's instruction.
Jackman's voice isn't nearly deep or rough enough, he has a very soft intonation. His face is way too thin with a too long nose to wear the mutton chops he has in the movies.
You can not be serious when you say that height is not a major issue. Wolverine is called a "runt' by just about everyone he fights. If his height wasn't important to Marvel, why would they create a character who is such a bad-a$$, then make him 5'3"? His height (or lack thereof) is incredibly important, just not to you.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #11
Pauluz
Banned User

You said it yourself:

Quote:
Marvel sold the rights, so there's nothing they can do about it. Besides, why would you want to see a midget with claws fight onscreen. Or a suit like he wears in the comics. It would look ridiculous and nobody (the general audience who know almost nothing about him) will take the character serious. Sabretooth (X1) was taller than Jackman so he was still a runt.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #12
LeperMessiah
Board Stalker

I could be wrong, but prior to X1, I heard Glenn Danzig was asked to portray Wolverine, but he kept his band as his first priority. If he could act, he would've killed as Wolverine.

LeperMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #13
[A]
Banned User

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I loved his Wolverine in X1 and some bits in X2 but as we all know he got softer and softer. Even in the new film. I don't know where the change came from but Jackman has lost the badass he was in X1.

I voted yes! but it's more like a yup. I agree with your post.. he keeps getting softer and nicer and all that.. next movie's gonna be something like Kindergarten Cop

[A] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:48 AM   #14
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
You said it yourself:

Marvel sold the rights, so there's nothing they can do about it. Besides, why would you want to see a midget with claws fight onscreen. Or a suit like he wears in the comics. It would look ridiculous and nobody (the general audience who know almost nothing about him) will take the character serious. Sabretooth (X1) was taller than Jackman so he was still a runt.
1. Quit exaggerating and using hyperbole.
-I never said I wanted a midget. I just want someone who could be realistically be called a "runt". An actor around 5'7" could have been used.
2. Quit putting words in my mouth and/or bringing non sequitors into the argument.
-I never mentioned anything about a suit. Stick to the subject at hand.
Additionally, a 6'2 1/2" man with claws is way less ridiculous looking than a shorter man with claws.
I said Jackman did a good job with what he was given, but an essential, essential character element, his height, is missing with Jackman in the role. Jackman did alright, but I'n not one of you rabid fanboys that fawn over him in the role. It could have been done better, in my opinion.
Let's take it the opposite way...
Let's say for the last 30 years, Wolverine has been portrayed as 6'4". Then, a guy the size of Tom Cruise, at 5'7", is cast in the role. People would have hit the roof with their arguments against the casting.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:59 AM   #15
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeperMessiah View Post
I could be wrong, but prior to X1, I heard Glenn Danzig was asked to portray Wolverine, but he kept his band as his first priority. If he could act, he would've killed as Wolverine.
Danzig was considered for a role in a low-budget X-Men movie that was going to be made back in 1994, but he was not offered the role for the one made in 2000. He was, however, pointed to as the type of physique that Wolverine should have in the movie.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2...ziglivedb0.jpg

Old 05-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #16
Lauryn2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
1. Quit exaggerating and using hyperbole.
-I never said I wanted a midget. I just want someone who could be realistically be called a "runt". An actor around 5'7" could have been used.
2. Quit putting words in my mouth and/or bringing non sequitors into the argument.
-I never mentioned anything about a suit. Stick to the subject at hand.
Additionally, a 6'2 1/2" man with claws is way less ridiculous looking than a shorter man with claws.
I said Jackman did a good job with what he was given, but an essential, essential character element, his height, is missing with Jackman in the role. Jackman did alright, but I'n not one of you rabid fanboys that fawn over him in the role. It could have been done better, in my opinion.
Let's take it the opposite way...
Let's say for the last 30 years, Wolverine has been portrayed as 6'4". Then, a guy the size of Tom Cruise, at 5'7", is cast in the role. People would have hit the roof with their arguments against the casting.
LOLOLOL....a midget...with claws...LOLOLOL...Hugh Jackman did a good job of Wolverine,I even watched X-Men 2 when I got home in blu-ray...but good points you bring up...but heck if we are brining up Tom Cruise's height,might as well throw in Prince (example) as someone with the right height for someone not even 5'7''.....

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the w*** and politicians will look up and shout 'Save Us!'...and I'll look down and whisper,'No....'~~Rorschach's Journal 10/12/85

Last edited by Lauryn2000; 05-03-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Lauryn2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #17
[A]
Banned User

Danzig as Wolverine is priceless. B-Movie all over the place! Imagine the short little f**cker going nuts while killing enemies, who he'd call misfits

Old 05-03-2009, 08:06 AM   #18
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Look at the pic in the link I posted. Someone photoshop some claws and mutton chops on that and tell me that aint Wolverine... or at least more of a Wolverine in appearance than Jackman.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2...ziglivedb0.jpg

Last edited by not_a_victim; 05-03-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #19
[A]
Banned User

too bad he probably can't act (he can't sing either but he just writes so damn good songs)

Old 05-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #20
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by [A] View Post
too bad he probably can't act (he can't sing either but he just writes so damn good songs)
Yeah, I give you that. He can't act worth a crap. Yeah, his voice is so-so. Incredibe song writer and producer, though.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #21
Adrian89
Bad.Ass.

Quote:

He doesn't have to be a ruthless beast.

Jackman was good, fk the comics and stop being such nerds and learn to enjoy the movies guys! Always someone must complain that "it's not like in the comics" and moan all the time. If it's good in the movie, who cares?

Adrian89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #22
[A]
Banned User

*starts listening to Mother*

Old 05-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #23
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Jackman's Wolverine kicks ass. 'Nuff said.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #24
returntovoid
Side-Kick

Quote:
low-budget X-Men movie that was going to be made back in 1994
I have read the script for it on the internet.

Here's the link to the script.

http://www.moviescriptsource.com/movie-script.php?id=1

returntovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #25
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-101 View Post
He doesn't have to be a ruthless beast.

Jackman was good, fk the comics and stop being such nerds and learn to enjoy the movies guys! Always someone must complain that "it's not like in the comics" and moan all the time. If it's good in the movie, who cares?
That's the point. Some of us want to see the comic book Wolverine on teh screen, not the "Wolverine Lite" (NOW WITH 60% LESS BAD-A$$ERY IN EVERY SCENE!!!) that we got. Just because you are satisfied with it, doesn't mean that the rest of us are. That doesn't make anyone a nerd. A true Wolverine movie should be rated R; that would be a movie that I would "enjoy".
The comics are Wolverine. The movies have not been.