View Poll Results: New actor?
Yes! 50 28.90%
No, I want Jackman! 101 58.38%
Not sure. 22 12.72%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #26
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Default Re: Aynone else kinda done with Jackman's Wolverine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-ManHero12 View Post
Jackman's Wolverine kicks ass. 'Nuff said.
Ha!
"Jackman's Wolverine" it will always be. Not "Wolverine".

not_a_victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #27
Congo Jack
Chad Sexington

Quote:
Originally Posted by returntovoid View Post
I have read the script for it on the internet.

Here's the link to the script.

http://www.moviescriptsource.com/movie-script.php?id=1
Huh. The guy that wrote SE7EN and 8MM - interesting. Is he a big comic book fan? He wrote the unproduced Batman/Superman film.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #28
Crazy Flakes
Side-Kick

I'm just done with Wolverine, period. And a good 90% of the movie was just "LOOK HOW COOL WOLVERINE IS! LOOK HOW HOT WOLVERINE IS! LOOK HOW TOUGH WOLVERINE IS!" and it got old fast. But on the plus side, the constant dramatic, drawn-out screaming was pretty hilarious.

Crazy Flakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #29
Not_Sane
Banned User

I've never really liked wolverine and I feel that they just need to stop with the character all together. If they do another movie, make him a side character, let someone else in the lime light.

Not_Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #30
Timstuff
Banned User

I still like Jackman, but I think that this franchise is done for. Fox broke the franchise with this movie, and now it belongs in better hands.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:04 AM   #31
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Sane View Post
I've never really liked wolverine and I feel that they just need to stop with the character all together. If they do another movie, make him a side character, let someone else in the lime light.
I like Wolverine, but Marvel and Fox have just saturated the Earth with him. The last time I was at a Hastings bookstore, I counted 8 seperate comic titles that were either titled "Wolverine" in some way, or featured Wolverine. Now granted, one of them was the "Noir" series that Marvel is doing right now, but the guys is just everywhere, and in way too many incarnations right now.
And if that isn't enough, you've got Daken, Wolverine's son, wearing Wolverine's old brown/gold costume in the Dark Avengers series.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #32
katie_girl09
All kinds of smexy.

Okay, seriously. This is ridiculous. What's wrong with Hugh Jackman? Yes, physically speaking, he might be too tall and too good-looking to be Wolverine. But he's still a VERY good Wolverine. As for his "being too soft" (I really disagree), that's a problem with the writers, not Jackman. Replacing him won't fix that.

katie_girl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #33
Timstuff
Banned User

I love Hugh Jackman's Wolvie, and if Marvel can retract the X-Men license and still keep him on board, I'd be fine with it. My big beef is mainly with Fox, and I do not want them touching this franchise anymore.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #34
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_girl09 View Post
Okay, seriously. This is ridiculous. What's wrong with Hugh Jackman? Yes, physically speaking, he might be too tall and too good-looking to be Wolverine. But he's still a VERY good Wolverine. As for his "being too soft" (I really disagree), that's a problem with the writers, not Jackman. Replacing him won't fix that.
That's what I said. I said that Jackman did a good job with what he was given.
HOWEVER...
to answer your question of "What is wrong with Hugh Jackman", I will answer it yet again with this: If the character of Wolverine had been protrayed for the last 30 years as being 6'4" tall, and let's say someone of Tom Cruise's size and weight (and Cruise is pretty good at getting into great shape for a movie) were selected to play the character, people would go off.
One of the defining elements of Wolverine's character is his height.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #35
katie_girl09
All kinds of smexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_a_victim View Post
That's what I said. I said that Jackman did a good job with what he was given.
HOWEVER...
to answer your question of "What is wrong with Hugh Jackman", I will answer it yet again with this: If the character of Wolverine had been protrayed for the last 30 years as being 6'4" tall, and let's say someone of Tom Cruise's size and weight (and Cruise is pretty good at getting into great shape for a movie) were selected to play the character, people would go off.
One of the defining elements of Wolverine's character is his height.
But this is a movie. Did you really expect them to cast someone short and ugly as a male lead in a Hollywood production? And if you ask me, acting far outweighs physical appearance when it comes to casting. It is important, but it can be overlooked when the person is a really good choice for the role acting-wise.

katie_girl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #36
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_girl09 View Post
But this is a movie. Did you really expect them to cast someone short and ugly as a male lead in a Hollywood production? And if you ask me, acting far outweighs physical appearance when it comes to casting. It is important, but it can be overlooked when the person is a really good choice for the role acting-wise.
Again, folks, quit putting words in my mouth.
I never said anything about Wolverine being protrayed with an ugly actor.
I realize what sells in H'Wood and what doesn't.
All I am saying is that I would like to see an R rated Wolverine movie with an actor more physically suited to the role.
I'd like to see something like "Punisher: War Zone" in tone for a Wolverine movie, just with less neon. Jesus, it reminded me of a Burton's Batman with all that neon lighting in it.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #37
Drz
Real Hero

I voted unsure because Hugh Jackman said this movie would be like Batman Begins with the theme and setting, and claims it would be loyal to the comic fans. It really disappoints me how pussified the movie is with violence and whatnot. He is a good actor but he really should be more determined with the character, i mean all the Dark Knight actors were _ made_ to read the comcis, and they did get into the characters really excelently.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #38
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

There's a reason Jackman's Wolverine has resonated with general audiences and has his own film now. To normal movie goers (ie. those that do not read the comics) he is now what they think of when they think Wolverine. The franchise was lucky to get such a great actor. They could've probably found an actor that might fit physically with the comic but might just end up coming off as a cliche of Clint Eastwood (like the cartoons). Jackman's Wolverine isn't "soft" per se. He's just more three dimensional.

DarkKnight88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #39
Timstuff
Banned User

I agree, Jackman more or less defined what the general public thinks of Wolverine, and I don't really see a problem with that. In fact, his influence on the character was so great, that after the movies' popularity, in the comics they started drawing Wolverine as being taller and more "ruggedly handsome" than "dumpy and dirty." Some long-time fans obviously take issue with this, but personally I think it shows that what defines Wolverine is a lot more than him being short and unattractive. It's unfortunate that the latest movie couldn't even seem to get that right, but hey, I don't see it as being Jackman's fault. He did a splended job in the other movies, but he just plain wasn't given much to work with this time around.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #40
Nevaratoiel
I don't bite... hard.

I initially disliked the character of Wolverine. But Hugh Jackman actually made me like Wolverine. I still don't like him in the comics, but movie Wolverine is way cool. To say that I'm done with Movie Wolverine, Jackman's Wolverine... No I'm not. I am tired of him playing the lead role. I think it's time for other characters to take a lead. His height is not an issue. I never even thought about it in all four movies. They messed up with the storyline big time anyway. Jackman is portraying Wolverine the best way he can. And he does it great!

So I voted, "No, I want Jackman!".

Taylor Kitsch.org | Elfae.com
Nevaratoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #41
topdog1
Hero For Hire

This movie proves he's THE perfect Wolverine. Give me at least two more films!

Old 05-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #42
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog1 View Post
The trilogy proved that. All that this movie proves though is that Fox is creatively bankrupt, and can somehow make even an entire movie of Jackman playing Wolverine unenjoyable.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #43
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

Just thought this was a funny nod Bryan Singer put in X2 towards Wolverine's "short" stature in the comics by the way he placed the characters in this scene.

DarkKnight88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #44
gridlockd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_a_victim View Post
Danzig was considered for a role in a low-budget X-Men movie that was going to be made back in 1994, but he was not offered the role for the one made in 2000. He was, however, pointed to as the type of physique that Wolverine should have in the movie.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2...ziglivedb0.jpg
Your not talking about the Andrew Kevin Walker script are you? That was anything but low budget.
In fact, I think they would have produced if it werent so hugely expensive. I'd still love to see it. Great script.

gridlockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #45
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog1 View Post
explain

thank you

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:44 AM   #46
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

so you want a shorter wolverine eh?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Verne Troyer is
WOLVERINE

lol, i just now relized that he has a dog tag on his necklace, convinient

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #47
Neptune
Uchiha!

For me teh problem isn't Jackman. It's the way Wolverine was written. Pre X-men Wolverine should be even angrier, grumpier, intenser and full of berserker rage. In X-men Origins, Wolverine acted more like Hugh Jackman when he's cranky.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #48
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridlockd View Post
Your not talking about the Andrew Kevin Walker script are you? That was anything but low budget.
In fact, I think they would have produced if it werent so hugely expensive. I'd still love to see it. Great script.
Yeah, that's the script, but in going back and re-reading it, there's no way it could have been low-budget. The Danger Room scene alone would have set them back 10 mil.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #49
Rac
Deadite

I think me and Hugherine are done professionally.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #50
topdog1
Hero For Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
The trilogy proved that. All that this movie proves though is that Fox is creatively bankrupt, and can somehow make even an entire movie of Jackman playing Wolverine unenjoyable.
Unenjoyable for people with their heads completely up their own asses maybe. Real fans (not those whinny online imposters who can't let go of their own warped preconceptions) enjoyed this movie very much.