The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor World

Old 06-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #26
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Hulk vs Thor

Yep, gotta go with Hulk vs. Thor's design. The classic Kirby look works well in animation.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #27
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Yep, gotta go with Hulk vs. Thor's design. The classic Kirby look works well in animation.

for me the definitive thor will always be simonsons, you look at kirby's asgard for instance and it looks like some place george jetson would live.
I give props to jack but when I think of thor, of where he lives, who he interacts with, who his enemies are I picture simonson's drawings.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #28
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I think of a lot of different artists' interpretations for various bits of Thor's world. I think of Simonson's Asgard, Coipel's Asgardians, Romita Jr.'s Hela, etc.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #29
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy

I don't know... I think Ultimate Avengers did a better job of giving Thor proper muscle definition than the Kirbyesque design of Hulk Vs.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #30
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I suppose, but I'm going by the total package. I'd take a thinner Thor over an Ultimate Thor any day.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #31
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
I think of a lot of different artists' interpretations for various bits of Thor's world. I think of Simonson's Asgard, Coipel's Asgardians, Romita Jr.'s Hela, etc.

I love coipel's castles but I still perfer simonson's asgard because it looks like vikings would live there. the only thing I think is better than simomson's anything is coipel's new costume and coipel's loki (better boobs lol!).

when they make the movie they could do far worse than make simonson a consultant to the art director.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #32
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't think Simonson's costumes would ever work on film. They're great, but the size of some of those helmets is just impractical.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #33
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
I don't think Simonson's costumes would ever work on film. They're great, but the size of some of those helmets is just impractical.

I kind of agree with that, but it is very 'viking'. A long as they look like vikings I'm not too bothered. coipel's hiemdal looks fantasic as did bor.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #34
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, I hope the movie preserves more of a viking look than the comics often do. It'd go a long way toward making the film stand out against its epic fantasy brethren, since movie designers tend to favor more medieval European looks for most epic fantasies.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #35
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Yeah, I hope the movie preserves more of a viking look than the comics often do. It'd go a long way toward making the film stand out against its epic fantasy brethren, since movie designers tend to favor more medieval European looks for most epic fantasies.

its win win as far as I'm concerned if keneth goes down the 'marvel' road with thor I'm happy and if he is more ridgid with norse mythology I'm happy. the one thing I want a near perfect reproduction is thor's hammer. I want it to look exactly like 616 canon hammer. that hammer is iconic (amongst comic fans).

Old 06-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #36
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

It'd be nice, but I get the feeling we may have to deal with some cosmetic changes to the hammer. The hammer and the costume are things I'm trying to stay as open-minded as possible about, because if you go in expecting them to completely adhere to the 616 comics in those areas, you're almost certainly going to be disappointed.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #37
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
It'd be nice, but I get the feeling we may have to deal with some cosmetic changes to the hammer. The hammer and the costume are things I'm trying to stay as open-minded as possible about, because if you go in expecting them to completely adhere to the 616 comics in those areas, you're almost certainly going to be disappointed.

not bothered about them changing thor's outfit at all, thor's outfit isn't like spidey's or superman's totally iconic so they can take huge liberties all I want is

a) a red cap
b) a least 2 silver disks on his chest these can double as cape fasteners
c) a silver helmet with wings on the sides

other than that they can go buck wild. I'll be disappointed if they can the hammer though. the only change I would personally make to the is is change the 'whoever...' text on the side to norse runes.

Last edited by spider-neil; 06-09-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #38
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy

So, how about that Amora the Enchantress? Poor girl never even got a thank you for giving Thor the literal kiss of life. I guess that's what she gets for siding with Loki.

I listened to the audio commentary a while ago, I remember they kept joking around about what an idiot Thor was to choose Sif over Amora. I guess Thor prefers brunettes.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 06-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #39
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Or chicks that actually love him and aren't as likely to stab him in the back when they're bored.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #40
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

... and chicks with the warrior spirit... nobility, and as Corpulent alluded, honor, integrity and trustworthiness.

Rich Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #41
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I had no idea the enchantress was freya, i.e. the ones who gave the gods their immortality by giving them golden apples every day.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #42
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Idunn, actually. And she wasn't until that Ages of Thunder retcon.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #43
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Idunn, actually. And she wasn't until that Ages of Thunder retcon.

sorry, yes idunn although she is also known as freya as well. You're correct in that AoT is where I got that information. makes sense as freya and idunn were supposed to be the most beautiful women in all of asgard in norse myth.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #44
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Oh, right, Idunn and Freya were interchangeable in AoT for some reason. I don't think that was the case in the myths.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #45
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

I was never really in to Thor before seeing Hulk Vs., but I've got to say that after I saw it, I couldn't buy Avengers: Disassembled: Thor and the first volume of the Straczynski relaunch fast enough.

Having said that, I now have a basis to agree with you guys that the fight should been far less one-sided. Still, the movie was pretty darn entertaining from a newbie's perspective. Yeah, the fight was really lopsided (I'm going to excuse it by assuming that the writers were the kind of Hulk fans who think that anger is infinite, so without Banner inside and regulating Hulk's anger/strength, it just made his strength infinite. Whatever), but the movie wholly succeeded in immersing me in the world of Asgard and it's characters. I loved the setting and all of the actors, and they're all almost exactly the voices that I envision the characters having when I read them in the comic. The only exceptions to that are Fred Tatasciore's Hulk and Bryce Johnson's Bruce Banner. As good as they are, Neal McDonough and Lou Ferrigno from the 90s cartoon (and the live action movie in Lou's case) are my fav voices for Banner and Hulk.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #46
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy

Quote:
Or chicks that actually love him and aren't as likely to stab him in the back when they're bored.
So it's been established that Amora does not really love Thor, correct? Please forgive my ignorance, I'm still training to be a Thor fan (still on Walt Simonson's Volume 2).

Is the Ages of Thunder retcon any good?

New 52 Flash SUCKS

Last edited by Panthro; 06-11-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #47
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

It anchors the Enchantress in the myths. I don't think that was particularly necessary, but it's done in a decent way. Although, you'd think that if Amora = Idunn, she would withhold the golden apples from the other gods a bit more often, since she's kind of a b****.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #48
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
It anchors the Enchantress in the myths. I don't think that was particularly necessary, but it's done in a decent way. Although, you'd think that if Amora = Idunn, she would withhold the golden apples from the other gods a bit more often, since she's kind of a b****.

she's ruled by odin and when he tells you to do something you do it.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #49
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I suppose. She was never quite as much of an outsider as Loki, although she wasn't afraid to cross Odin and side with Loki if she thought she had a chance of winning.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #50
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy

Quote:
Hmm. Interesting.

So would you say that Amora the Enchantress qualifies as a "stalker" towards Thor?

New 52 Flash SUCKS