The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor World

Old 06-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #51
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Hulk vs Thor

Not really. She's not consistent enough to be a stalker. She just fancies him every now and then and makes his life miserable trying to win him over. More of a nuisance than a villain on her own, really. It's only when Loki drags her toward more dangerous games or the Executioner's around to kill people on her whims that she becomes a real threat.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #52
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Not really. She's not consistent enough to be a stalker. She just fancies him every now and then and makes his life miserable trying to win him over. More of a nuisance than a villain on her own, really. It's only when Loki drags her toward more dangerous games or the Executioner's around to kill people on her whims that she becomes a real threat.
Hmm. Somebody should have told the "Hulk VS. Thor" writers that, because, still being very much a novice in the ways of Thor, that was not the impression I got watching their 45 minute feature.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #53
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Well, you've gotta sort of expect that things'll be condensed or even ignored in such a short production compared to a 40-year comic franchise. I think Amora does potentially love Thor in her own way, but she knows she can never have him and she made the whole seductress angle part of her core a long, long time ago, so she deals with his tacit (and sometimes outright) rejection by flitting from one fling to the next. She goes back to the Executioner a lot (whom I think she also loved to some extent, in an imperfect, ego-driven sort of way), but she's also had relationships with Heimdall and others.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #54
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Well, you've gotta sort of expect that things'll be condensed or even ignored in such a short production compared to a 40-year comic franchise.
Well this is true.

Quote:
I think Amora does potentially love Thor in her own way, but she knows she can never have him and she made the whole seductress angle part of her core a long, long time ago, so she deals with his tacit (and sometimes outright) rejection by flitting from one fling to the next. She goes back to the Executioner a lot (whom I think she also loved to some extent, in an imperfect, ego-driven sort of way), but she's also had relationships with Heimdall and others.
Hmm. Narcissism. Or low self-esteem.

So, how about that Sif? Not a bad design, but her face was a little too rectangular in some shots.

Would voice actor Matt Wolf have been better suited to voicing Balder instead of Thor?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 06-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #55
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I agree about the rectangular-ness. Not just for Sif either. Everything looked a little blocky at times.

Not sure about Wolf as Balder. Balder didn't really do much, so I imagine I wouldn't really have noticed him in that role.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #56
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
I agree about the rectangular-ness. Not just for Sif either. Everything looked a little blocky at times.
I have to admit I'm not a fan of rectangular character designs. It was one of the things that annoyed me in pretty much all the 1996-2005 DCAU series where almost everyone seemed rectangular in some way. I know the 1992 Batman series went for a more stylized-expressionist look, but somehow the characters still looked more... human, as opposed to almost statues.

Quote:
Not sure about Wolf as Balder. Balder didn't really do much, so I imagine I wouldn't really have noticed him in that role.
I suppose not. Watching Wolf in the DVD making of, I wonder how well he'd do with a role that didn't require a thick accent of some sort.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 07-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #57
ultimatefan
The Batman must come back

I actually thought this was overall the better of the HUlk Vs. films, it seemed more concerned with the story and not as much with gore value as the Wolverine one.

I think it had the better use of Hulk, with Banner being sent to his own idea of Heaven and being forced to sacrifice it for the greater good.

But I also felt they could have made better use of Thor. There wasn´tmuch for him in terms of characterizarion.

"Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, they deserve to have their faith rewarded." So, thank you for rewarding mine, Mr. Nolan.

This article should be mandatory reading before people argue about movies on the internet:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-common...-always-wrong/.
ultimatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #58
pkwfireteacher

I can't believe how Thor was presented. They made him look like a bee-otch! It was pitiful.

PKW

pkwfireteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:33 PM   #59
kamillon66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Santoro View Post
Ahah... here is where I can b!+ch about that DVD...

The way Thor got dealth with was a HUGE disappointment. I got my family to sit down and watch, and my wife asked, "Who is stronger." I said that Hulk might be actually stronger, but Thor is more powerful. He can fly, and hurl lightning, conjure storms... I said, "I would pick Thor in squeaker."

Then when Hulk smacked him around, she was looking at me like, "You don't know what the hell you are talking about."
hey speaking of the dvd, wasn't there a preview for a thor animated movie
whatever happened to it?

Old 10-01-2009, 12:04 AM   #60
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

It's going to be released closer to the live-action movie's release date. It's about Thor's youth in Asgard.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:56 AM   #61
kamillon66
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's going to be released closer to the live-action movie's release date. It's about Thor's youth in Asgard.
AH I was wondering why I hadn't seen it around.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #62
OnedetachedonE
Side-Kick

It seems this post was originally aimed at the Hulk vs DVD. But on that same note, anyone here pick up Hulk: Let The Battle Begin? It was written by Dee Snyder's son. Here's a link:

http://comicbookjesus.com/2010/03/10...egin-1-review/

Thor is beaten...with his own hammer. Great. I know it's not in continuity...any more than the DVD is...but sheesh...it's still from Marvel. Anyone here think maybe Marvel is missing the potential of the character of Thor in any way, shape or form?

Last edited by OnedetachedonE; 03-13-2010 at 05:39 PM.
OnedetachedonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #63
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnedetachedonE View Post
It seems this post was originally aimed at the Hulk vs DVD. But on that same note, anyone here pick up Hulk: Let The Battle Begin? It was written by Dee Snyder's son. Here's a link:

http://comicbookjesus.com/2010/03/10...egin-1-review/

Thor is beaten...with his own hammer. Great. I know it's not in continuity...any more than the DVD is...but sheesh...it's still from Marvel. Anyone here think maybe Marvel is missing the potential of the character of Thor in any way, shape or form?
Yes. They underestimate the mighty Thor, just as they underestimate at least half the cast of the X-Men.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 03-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #64
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

the sad thing is in the avengers movie hulk is oing to kick thor's arse, we all know it. why? because the plot will demand all the avengers work together to beat the hulk so thor beating hulk by himself would be a writer's dead end with no where for the movie to go except roll credits.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #65
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
the sad thing is in the avengers movie hulk is oing to kick thor's arse, we all know it. why? because the plot will demand all the avengers work together to beat the hulk so thor beating hulk by himself would be a writer's dead end with no where for the movie to go except roll credits.
I know.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 03-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #66
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Almost makes you wish Thor were a brutish moron. Maybe then the Avengers could all band together to fight him and he'd actually stand a chance of not looking like a wuss.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #67
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Almost makes you wish Thor were a brutish moron. Maybe then the Avengers could all band together to fight him and he'd actually stand a chance of not looking like a wuss.
Yeah, maybe.

So, anyone else think that Sif will get screwed over in the live action movie(s) simply because Jane Foster is being played by the more well known Natalie Portman while Sif is being played by the lesser known Jamie Alexander?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 03-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #68
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post

Hulk isn't going to be the main threat....in fact I believe much as was the case in the OG Avengers Hulk will wind up on the team

I think people will be shocked to see Thor go toe to toe with the Hulk, providing others enough time to devise a way to stop him.

Although I would love to see a Hammering uppercut or Temple shot KO the Hulk....it probably is gonna take a group effort.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #69
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by david6720 View Post
-

--
they'll have hulk taking on all avengers and winning, UNTIL thor arrives..

-------------------------------
Hotels Ballina
That's how it should be at least. But who knows if they'll respect Thor enough to show him that courtesy...

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 04-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #70
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #71
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

I think Feige respects Thor more than Joey Q though. We'll see.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #72
Panthro
Catman Begins

You know, the first time I watched "Hulk Vs. Thor" and I saw the Hulk/Thor fight, I thought "This fight is stupid." I just watched it again and you know what? The Hulk/Thor fight is still stupid. Especially compared to the Wolverine/Hulk fight.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 05-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #73
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, Wolverine fared a lot better than Thor.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #74
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Yeah, Wolverine fared a lot better than Thor.
Which is/was ridiculous.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 05-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #75
OnedetachedonE
Side-Kick

Fanboy Confession:

Yeah. I admit it. Thor was one of my first and favorite from the time I was in grade school. Even before the JLA/Avengers crossover, I had Thor pegged as the most powerful superhero ever. And that's really only important if you're shallow like myself. So you can imagine my disappointment with JLA/Avengers crossover. I had always been loyal to Stan Lee, Marvel comics and Thor.

Now this latest travesty with the Hulk vs DVD. No kidding, I was going to take Thor off my pull list and swear him off altogether had he lost to the Sentry/Void in Siege.

Some would say Thor has been de-powered since his addition to the Marvel universe. I would have to agree. He was always considered Marvel's top, most powerful superhero. Quesada took over and I believe that perception has changed quite a bit.

So what is it? Does anyone have any ideas about why Thor is where he is on the power scale these days? Does Marvel not care the way previous editorial regimes in the past did (ie, Stan Lee, Jim Shooter...he was even pegged as the "ace in the deck" in the Infinity Gauntlet during the time Tom DeFalco was EIC).

Should Marvel make a move to display Thor that way? Or was the recent issue of Siege sufficient enough for Thor fans?

Is Thor the "red-headed" step child in the comic universe when it comes to top tier, super powered characters? Should he be? Or should Marvel portray him as the be all, end all of comic superheroes the way he was by Lee and Shooter?

Thoughts?

OnedetachedonE is offline   Reply With Quote