The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

View Poll Results: Should Michael Bay leave the franchise?
Yes 85 55.19%
No 69 44.81%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #11
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Michael Bay out of the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
Weta's Evangelion project looked kickass. I really hope they can get a studio to pick it up someday, because NGE is my favorite anime series and one of my favorite TV shows period. It's pretty much tied with Superman in the "movie projects I want to escape from development hell" category.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Peter Jackson would do Transformers 3. The guy is pretty busy, and I honestly don't see him picking up where another director left off. And given that there's like a lot of creative differences between Jackson and Bay, I wouldn't count on a very strong sense of continuity since he'll probably want to change things to his own tastes.

Personally, Louis Leterrier would be my first choice. He's just as capable of balls-to-the-wall action scenes as Michael Bay (including chaotic car chases, as seen in The Transporter), and in The Incredible Hulk showed that he can put together a cool monster fight scene. If the goal is to maintain continuity with the first two movies will injecting a bit of new flavor, I think Leterrier would be the most logical choice.
Your not alone in hoping NGE gets picked up by a studio at some point. I hope with all the popularity of the "Transformer" movies it has a chance of being brought to LA. I'm still not to sure how they would be able to pack the same complexity that was so ever present in the anime though. Especially if its produced with a large budget and at one of the major studios.

Louis Leterrier is a great suggestion that hadn't occurred to me but he definitely makes it through the cut based on his past films.

Last edited by craigdbfan; 06-18-2009 at 03:07 PM.
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote