The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

View Poll Results: What did you think of TF:ROTF?
So so 65 16.37%
Good 83 20.91%
Awesome 140 35.26%
Bad 44 11.08%
Really bad 65 16.37%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #51
Orb
Lord of Demons
 
Orb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,873
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

How was Fallen and what did he do?

Orb is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #52
Figs
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,624
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
How was Fallen and what did he do?
LOL Couldn't help but point out that your post reminded me of Arnold in Kindergarten Cop. "Who is your daddy and what does he do?"

Figs is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #53
Spade
Cool and Chiseled
 
Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wherever it's chillest.
Posts: 9,986
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

My only question is "How much of this makes sense?" In the first film, there were a lot of convenient plot twist, like the spiel with Megatron's navigational system and how the All Spark worked, and some weird things like the Bat/Trans-Signal and- again- how the All Spark worked. Is it more of the same or does this movie go for less MacGuffins?

Spade is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #54
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick
 
Shivsguy616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Éire
Posts: 1,895
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Wow.... that was pretty damn bad. Every single comment I overheard after the showing was negative.

Shivsguy616 is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #55
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick
 
Shivsguy616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Éire
Posts: 1,895
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chibi Kiriyama View Post
My only question is "How much of this makes sense?" In the first film, there were a lot of convenient plot twist, like the spiel with Megatron's navigational system and how the All Spark worked, and some weird things like the Bat/Trans-Signal and- again- how the All Spark worked. Is it more of the same or does this movie go for less MacGuffins?
Almost nothing. So much of the plot is pointless, it's better not to expect it to be logical.

Shivsguy616 is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #56
J.Howlett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Who ever has seen the film, could you please answer these questions posed by Devin over at CHUD. I kind of find them hilarious:

- What/who is the Fallen getting revenge on?

- Why can only Optimus Prime kill The Fallen (since he's a Prime as well) but three Decepticons can kill Optimus?

- Why did the Fallen wait 3000 years to find the Matrix of Leadership, which was about three miles from the sun destroying machine?

- How does Jetfire open the back door of the Smithsonian and end up in California? How does Jetfire teleport Sam, Mikaela, the new roommate, John Turturro and Wheelie but have Bumblebee and the Twins show up in Egypt with them? Since when could the Transformers teleport at will?

 
Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #57
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick
 
Shivsguy616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Éire
Posts: 1,895
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Who ever has seen the film, could you please answer these questions posed by Devin over at CHUD. I kind of find them hilarious:

- What/who is the Fallen getting revenge on?

- Why can only Optimus Prime kill The Fallen (since he's a Prime as well) but three Decepticons can kill Optimus?

- Why did the Fallen wait 3000 years to find the Matrix of Leadership, which was about three miles from the sun destroying machine?

- How does Jetfire open the back door of the Smithsonian and end up in California? How does Jetfire teleport Sam, Mikaela, the new roommate, John Turturro and Wheelie but have Bumblebee and the Twins show up in Egypt with them? Since when could the Transformers teleport at will?
Spoilers:

1.)The fallen is getting revenge on the other primes, who turned against him when he turned bad.

2.)Bad writing I guess.

3.)He needed the allspark to find it.

4.) A.It doesn't say where they are.
B.The twins, wheelie and bumblebee are all with Sam etc at the museum.
C.Since this film apparently.

Shivsguy616 is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #58
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Who ever has seen the film, could you please answer these questions posed by Devin over at CHUD. I kind of find them hilarious:

- What/who is the Fallen getting revenge on?

- Why can only Optimus Prime kill The Fallen (since he's a Prime as well) but three Decepticons can kill Optimus?

- Why did the Fallen wait 3000 years to find the Matrix of Leadership, which was about three miles from the sun destroying machine?

- How does Jetfire open the back door of the Smithsonian and end up in California? How does Jetfire teleport Sam, Mikaela, the new roommate, John Turturro and Wheelie but have Bumblebee and the Twins show up in Egypt with them? Since when could the Transformers teleport at will?
See, Michael Bay tried to distract you by showing you Megan Fox's body to cover up the holes of his plot (if there is any) but you beat him.

Mr. Earle is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #59
Orb
Lord of Demons
 
Orb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,873
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Hey Shivs can you answer this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
How was Fallen and what did he do?

Orb is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #60
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face
 
Lunar_Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 40,907
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Just got out of the film for a second time, better second time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
How was Fallen and what did he do?
Fallen was pretty awesome. He came to earth 100's of years ago and tried to wipe out the human race for the sun. Primes would use a machine to drain suns energy into energon. But only planets with no life so the sun missing would not kill anyone. The Fallen betrayed his brothers when he tried to take the suns energy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chibi Kiriyama View Post
My only question is "How much of this makes sense?" In the first film, there were a lot of convenient plot twist, like the spiel with Megatron's navigational system and how the All Spark worked, and some weird things like the Bat/Trans-Signal and- again- how the All Spark worked. Is it more of the same or does this movie go for less MacGuffins?
Makes more sense then the first. More of a bigger story, but is told well.

Lunar_Wolf is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #61
Spade
Cool and Chiseled
 
Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wherever it's chillest.
Posts: 9,986
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivsguy616 View Post
Almost nothing. So much of the plot is pointless, it's better not to expect it to be logical.
What, then, were the biggest issues you noticed?

Spade is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #62
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick
 
Shivsguy616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Éire
Posts: 1,895
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
Hey Shivs can you answer this?
Not exactly sure what you mean.

He did a bit of fighting, sat in his big unexplained base on one of Saturn's moons, talked about his revenge, then did some more fighting. Nothing special really.

Shivsguy616 is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #63
cyclone
Side-Kick
 
cyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 462
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Jus got back from seeing it (in the UK). I gotta say, I loved it.

I'm not taking a swipe at anyone, but you've gotta realise, you've got film with big robots....with Michael Bay directing....was anyone seriously hoping or expecting a film which was gonna win an Oscar or other award for 'Best Actor' or 'Best Director'?? A proper 'film-film'? It does what it's designed to do. Rake in money.

Personally, I loved it. Don't really have any gripes. Maybe Wheelie was a bit pants....but thats it. Loved the Twins. The whole "I will bust your face..." was brilliant.

Couldn't see any major plotholes that you'd lose sleep over. Only thing I didn't quite 'get', is they must have duplicated the Constructicons, or each Constructicon had 2 variations. In the last part with Devastator, he's clearly in one piece destroying stuff, while you see Long Haul, Scrapper etc in the fight with Sam, Mikaela, Lennox etc. Odd...

But yeh, as far as Summer blockbusters go, and as far as a sequel, to me it did what it should. Took characters we knew, developed them a bit more, gave us some new characters, and improved on the first.

9/10.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Even the hardest-boiled egg has a soft and delicious interior.

But that doesn't mean it won't still chip off a piece of its own shell and stab you in the face with it.
cyclone is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #64
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

I thought he was in stasis lock. What the hell was he doing all these thousands of years in Saturn's moon? Masturbating?

Mr. Earle is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #65
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick
 
Shivsguy616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Éire
Posts: 1,895
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chibi Kiriyama View Post
What, then, were the biggest issues you noticed?
Okay, alot of things just seemed a bit pointless and underexplained.

A couple huge plot holes though;

The primes supposidly sacrificed their lives to form a casing around the matrix so the fallen could never get it. Well, bumblebee breaks through that casing with ease, rendering it pointless.

Also, the sun destroying machine is built into the pyramid, a structure which has been meticulously excavated for decades.

Shivsguy616 is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #66
J.Howlett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Shivs,

Thanks for answering. As far as the Fallen's revenge goes, Bay basically said a while ago that the title has a double meaning...so I find it hilarious that Devin couldn't figure that out.

As for teleportation, the original cartoon had a few Transformers that in fact teleported, so that's not a big deal to me anyway.

 
Old 06-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #67
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick
 
Shivsguy616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Éire
Posts: 1,895
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
I thought he was in stasis lock. What the hell was he doing all these thousands of years in Saturn's moon? Masturbating?
Growing babies it would seem, so... possibly.

Shivsguy616 is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #68
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivsguy616 View Post
Okay, alot of things just seemed a bit pointless and underexplained.

A couple huge plot holes though;

The primes supposidly sacrificed their lives to form a casing around the matrix so the fallen could never get it. Well, bumblebee breaks through that casing with ease, rendering it pointless.

Also, the sun destroying machine is built into the pyramid, a structure which has been meticulously excavated for decades.
Didnt it occur to them to kill the Fallen? Or was he so powerful that they couldnt? But then Prime with a jetpack can? WTF?

Mr. Earle is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #69
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick
 
Shivsguy616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Éire
Posts: 1,895
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Didnt it occur to them to kill the Fallen? Or was he so powerful that they couldnt? But then Prime with a jetpack can? WTF?
True.

Shivsguy616 is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #70
Conebone69
The Legend Ends
 
Conebone69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,610
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

I only have two questions

1. Is there still a bunch of needless cheesy kid humor?

2. How are the female bots? Is it really bad?

__________________
cone•bone- ('kohn-bohn): slang: noun; Of or pertaining to a cone shaped bone

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES 2012
Conebone69 is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #71
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivsguy616 View Post
True.
Thanks for your answers mate!

So really now... is the plot so incredibly stupid?

And another thing, why did the Fallen stay in Saturn's moon for all this time? How did it serve his purpose, why didnt he wake up Megatron or search for the allspark himself?

Mr. Earle is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #72
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick
 
Shivsguy616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Éire
Posts: 1,895
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conebone69 View Post
I only have two questions

1. Is there still a bunch of needless cheesy kid humor?

2. How are the female bots? Is it really bad?
1. Yes, but to be honest, there's quite a bit of good humour.

2. Not featured much. Speak once, obviously female, but no character development.

Shivsguy616 is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #73
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick
 
Shivsguy616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Éire
Posts: 1,895
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Thanks for your answers mate!

So really now... is the plot so incredibly stupid?

And another thing, why did the Fallen stay in Saturn's moon for all this time? How did it serve his purpose, why didnt he wake up Megatron or search for the allspark himself?
Not sure. He seemed to liven up once he "sensed" Prime had died. Maybe he was afraid.

Shivsguy616 is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 07:08 PM   #74
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Another one popped into my head:
How are the new Autobots explained? Where do they come from? Cyberton is supposedly Decepticon territory. Where they taking refuge among the stars and heard Prime's call? Did they land as pods?

Mr. Earle is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #75
Conebone69
The Legend Ends
 
Conebone69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,610
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivsguy616 View Post
1. Yes, but to be honest, there's quite a bit of good humour.

2. Not featured much. Speak once, obviously female, but no character development.
Thanks man. Does the humor ruin some moments in the movie? And is it really any darker?

__________________
cone•bone- ('kohn-bohn): slang: noun; Of or pertaining to a cone shaped bone

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES 2012
Conebone69 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.