The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

View Poll Results: What did you think of TF:ROTF?
So so 65 16.37%
Good 83 20.91%
Awesome 140 35.26%
Bad 44 11.08%
Really bad 65 16.37%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #76
chaseter
Bland User

Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivsguy616 View Post
Okay, alot of things just seemed a bit pointless and underexplained.

A couple huge plot holes though;

The primes supposidly sacrificed their lives to form a casing around the matrix so the fallen could never get it. Well, bumblebee breaks through that casing with ease, rendering it pointless.

Also, the sun destroying machine is built into the pyramid, a structure which has been meticulously excavated for decades.
Maybe it was like something that has been seen time and time again. In Sorcer's/Philosophers Stone, magic kept those that were looking for it from getting it. So, Harry was able to get the stone where Voldemort could not. Maybe the Matrix is only protected against the Fallen because he is the only one that wants it. Would that be the same thing? That theme has been seen in a ton of novels and movies...the Sword and the Stone for another example.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #77
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Another one popped into my head:
How are the new Autobots explained? Where do they come from? Cyberton is supposedly Decepticon territory. Where they taking refuge among the stars and heard Prime's call? Did they land as pods?
Yup, but they're already there at the beginning. That IS mentioned.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #78
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conebone69 View Post
Thanks man. Does the humor ruin some moments in the movie? And is it really any darker?
Um, no, not really, but that's probably because I decided to accept it as pretty much a comedy. It isn't darker. The humor does detract from the "epicness" of it all.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #79
Figs
Banned User

That's what I forgot to ask!

How annoying is Sam's college roommate?

According to parts of the novelization that people posted he sounds incredibly annoying to the point where I hope his screen time is very limited.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #80
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Maybe it was like something that has been seen time and time again. In Sorcer's/Philosophers Stone, magic kept those that were looking for it from getting it. So, Harry was able to get the stone where Voldemort could not. Maybe the Matrix is only protected against the Fallen because he is the only one that wants it. Would that be the same thing? That theme has been seen in a ton of novels and movies...the Sword and the Stone for another example.
Possibly. I was under the belief that this was set in the real world. We happen to be visited by technological aliens, but it IS the real world. So, maybe I'm looking at it wrong. I mean; Sam dies and is revived by a vision, which also turns dust into the matrix. That is pretty magicy. Meh, just don't get your hopes up. If you enjoy it, good for you. I enjoyed most of it, it just got a bit boring now and then.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #81
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Thank you for taking the time to respond to us Shivsguy616!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #82
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post

According to parts of the novelization that people posted he sounds incredibly annoying to the point where I hope his screen time is very limited.
He's ok. A bit of a superfluous character, but he is often the butt of a joke or physical gaff, so I wouldn't say his presence is anoying.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #83
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to respond to us Shivsguy616!
No bother. It's novel. I'm usually on the side trying not to read the answers

Old 06-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #84
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Possibly. I was under the belief that this was set in the real world. We happen to be visited by technological aliens, but it IS the real world. So, maybe I'm looking at it wrong. I mean; Sam dies and is revived by a vision, which also turns dust into the matrix. That is pretty magicy. Meh, just don't get your hopes up. If you enjoy it, good for you. I enjoyed most of it, it just got a bit boring now and then.
Well you prefaced your last post with saying that the Primes gave their life to protect the Matrix from the Fallen. That sounds pretty magicy. Plus, although this is meant to be more on the side of realistic, there still is a lot of heavy sci-fi/fantasy elements.

As long as it is on par or better than the first...I will be good.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 06-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #85
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post

That roommate looks like a complete maggot ( if you know what i mean...). I hated him from the first time i saw a pic of him. But i am probably prejudiced for no reason. Hehe...

Old 06-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #86
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well you prefaced your last post with saying that the Primes gave their life to protect the Matrix from the Fallen. That sounds pretty magicy. Plus, although this is meant to be more on the side of realistic, there still is a lot of heavy sci-fi/fantasy elements.

As long as it is on par or better than the first...I will be good.
Oh, well the sacrificing their lives is literally just melting themselves around it so it can't be obtained.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #87
Meus
Side-Kick

I just came out of the theatre and although I don't want to go into details about my personal review of the movie (it was awesome. end.) I do want to mention Mikaela.

Right from the get go when she was on her bike in that angle, the crowd moaned with discontent. Her shiny face and sexuality oozing, with the camera loving her blue eyes in the backdrop of this intense sunlight, made some people uncomfortable at what type of movie they were going to get. I think everyone was already convinced she was only there for the sex appeal. As the movie went on, whispers of how 'dumb' and 'stupid' her character was spread - mainly due to her stereotypical cliché's of relationships and how boys "always change the subject". For a beautiful and mature woman to be acting like a young school girl increased the dislike of her.

I don't know about you guys, but I felt more chemistry and closeness between Optimus and Sam. Mikaela's character was a waste of space. She mentioned how she follows Sam "till this point" so he doesn't get himself killed, so all she does is stand in the scene or hold his hand when running. Optimus and Sam, on the other hand, sacrifice each other for one another. The dialogue between the two was fantastic.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #88
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
That roommate looks like a complete maggot ( if you know what i mean...). I hated him from the first time i saw a pic of him. But i am probably prejudiced for no reason. Hehe...
I don't think I've ever seen pics of him yet.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #89
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Oh, well the sacrificing their lives is literally just melting themselves around it so it can't be obtained.
1) Do they talk? I hope they do.
2) Do they fight the Fallen?
3) Is the Fallen scary as Megs was in the first movie (he was scary to me at least) or is he a complete laughing stock?
4) Does Bumblebee ever talk like a normal robot? I think i enjoy his puppy noises... His response to Sam's mom when she calls him a "psychotic alien" is very funny.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #90
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

Just to give my own, unprompted review. I'm astounded that anyone found it awesome. That simply wasn't the concensus at my cinema.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #91
Meus
Side-Kick

Quote:
3) Is the Fallen scary as Megs was in the first movie (he was scary to me at least) or is he a complete laughing stock?
4) Does Bumblebee ever talk like a normal robot? I think i enjoy his puppy noises... His response to Sam's mom when she calls him a "psychotic alien" is very funny.
Would you like me to answer them?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #92
Episode29
Hooper Drives The Boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meus View Post
I just came out of the theatre and although I don't want to go into details about my personal review of the movie (it was awesome. end.) I do want to mention Mikaela.

Right from the get go when she was on her bike in that angle, the crowd moaned with discontent. Her shiny face and sexuality oozing, with the camera loving her blue eyes in the backdrop of this intense sunlight, made some people uncomfortable at what type of movie they were going to get. I think everyone was already convinced she was only there for the sex appeal. As the movie went on, whispers of how 'dumb' and 'stupid' her character was spread - mainly due to her stereotypical cliché's of relationships and how boys "always change the subject". For a beautiful and mature woman to be acting like a young school girl increased the dislike of her.

I don't know about you guys, but I felt more chemistry and closeness between Optimus and Sam. Mikaela's character was a waste of space. She mentioned how she follows Sam "till this point" so he doesn't get himself killed, so all she does is stand in the scene or hold his hand when running. Optimus and Sam, on the other hand, sacrifice each other for one another. The dialogue between the two was fantastic.
Epic post.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #93
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

Quote:
1) They talk to Sam after he dies...
2) Yes
3) No, not as imposing as Megs. Not a laughing stock at all though.
4) Puppy noises I think Sam says he's playing it up a bit. ie. intentionally not speaking properly, as it's endearing.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #94
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Would you like me to answer them?
Sure, why not?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #95
chaseter
Bland User

20 bucks says Luca voted that it was bad

Old 06-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #96
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

Quote:
20 bucks says Luca voted that it was bad
I'll take that bet! I voted it was bad.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #97
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
1) They talk to Sam after he dies...
2) Yes
3) No, not as imposing as Megs. Not a laughing stock at all though.
4) Puppy noises I think Sam says he's playing it up a bit. ie. intentionally not speaking properly, as it's endearing.
Hehehe all these sound good to me. But i honestly expected the Fallen to be more imposing than Megs. Surely Megs will always be the main villain, the one that will always stand against the autobots, but when the Devil of the TF lore comes to Earth, i expect him to be more than a big skinny locust that is taken down easier than Megatron. Ahh... i really should stop whining. You guys probably hate me by now!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #98
Meus
Side-Kick

Quote:
1. One of them does when Sam is 'dead', and reveals that the Matrix of Leadership is not found but earned after Sam found the device in a tomb yet fizzled into dust as he touched it (causing him to have an emotional break down as he planned to use it to bring Optimus back to life). This Prime speaks of how they have watched him for a long time, and that this is and always has been his destiny, praising him for his natural talent for leadership.

2. There is a scene like a flash back where it shows a civil war between the two factions and The Fallen on top holding the Matrix. Whether they fight him or not is unknown but we are lead to presume they did because the following scene speaks of how they recaptured the Matrix and hid it from him.

3. I found him to be more scary, yea.

4. No he does not and let me tell you, I was hoping he would but in hindsight I'm grateful he doesn't. A lot of them speak and crack jokes throughout the movie - leaving Bumblebee as the way he is gives him irreplaceable charm that makes him easily the most likeable character in the film. There is a scene with Sam and this "girl" in the car with him, and let me just tell you, you will not laugh as hard for a long time.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #99
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
1. One of them does when Sam is 'dead', and reveals that the Matrix of Leadership is not found but earned after Sam found the device in a tomb yet fizzled into dust as he touched it (causing him to have an emotional break down as he planned to use it to bring Optimus back to life). This Prime speaks of how they have watched him for a long time, and that this is and always has been his destiny, praising him for his natural talent for leadership.

2. There is a scene like a flash back where it shows a civil war between the two factions and The Fallen on top holding the Matrix. Whether they fight him or not is unknown but we are lead to presume they did because the following scene speaks of how they recaptured the Matrix and hid it from him.

3. I found him to be more scary, yea.

4. No he does not and let me tell you, I was hoping he would but in hindsight I'm grateful he doesn't. A lot of them speak and crack jokes throughout the movie - leaving Bumblebee as the way he is gives him irreplaceable charm that makes him easily the most likeable character in the film. There is a scene with Sam and this "girl" in the car with him, and let me just tell you, you will not laugh as hard for a long time.
I find Bumblebee the most charming robot myself. The voice thing is clearly in his favor and its a nice touch from the producers.
Thanks man! I am so looking forward to seeing all this for myself!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #100
Meus
Side-Kick

By the way, the combat (yes, combat) scenes between the Robots is so so, so good. It only needed one more to make it a 4 hit combo for the crowd to get on their feet, but I was close to it anyway

Closed Thread